The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 01-21-2006, 11:02 PM
purple_platinum's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 4,876
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1136110379
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3&d=1136110827

wow... this must be Aiko's first reception/gala, huh? her hair is all up and she wear earings.. looks really cute. too bad there aren't better images.
__________________

__________________
^_^
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,033
So much potential, I cant wait until she comes back after the Parliament changes the succesion laws and does a "in your face, I won" comeback.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-31-2006, 01:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Well, you're assuming she wants Aiko to be Empress. Considering what the constraints of royal life have done to her, I'm not sure that's a safe assumption. She might want her daughter to be able to get out of the straitjacket into a more normal life like Princess Sayako did.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-01-2006, 01:46 PM
mandyy's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 2,626
Found this website I think has a book about Princess Masako
photo from www.aviladigital.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	masakobook.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	226138  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
mandyy's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 2,626
Princess trapped by palace guard
When Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito finally persuaded Masako Owada to marry him in June 1993, most people in the nation were delighted.
Princess Masako was a beautiful, multi-lingual career diplomat who had travelled the world. But a decade later, the fairytale has turned sour.......................
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3939179.stm

Without an heir, is divorce in the air for sad princess?
Princess Masako is so weighed down by the demands of imperial life that she wants a divorce, according to the Japanese press, as opposition grows against plans to allow her child, Princess Aiko, to sit on the Chrysanthemum Throne.
Several magazines say that, after 13 unhappy years in the Imperial Palace, the Harvard-educated former diplomat is looking for a way out of her marriage to Emperor Akihito's son, Crown Prince Naruhito. The Imperial Household dismisses the speculation.....................
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...icle343104.ece
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Opal's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coastal, Ireland
Posts: 2,524
I think it's wonderful that Masako is doing much better. I agree she has so much to offer. And Japan probably needs the "younger" royal couple to represent them, especially to appeal to the younger people of Japan. I wish her all the best.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Amina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
I cant wait until she comes back on the scene. She is so smart and I hate how the imperial traditions and household hold her back. I wish they would become much more liberal and modern. She could be one of the greatest ambassadors for Japan. If they would modernize she could become one of the greatest Empress Consorts in japanese history. I wonder if she regrets getting married to the imperial prince. I hope they dont divorce. She gave up so much for love I wish the monarchy would give up a little for her.
Not just the monarchy but their courtiers. Its so sad what happened to Crown PM, she has effectively been 'crushed' by an outdated courters who needs to move with the modern times. She's an intelligent lady with alot to offer. They should back of. As for if she regrets marrying the prince - probably not she obviously loves him. But i don't know how much more she can take.

Thanx for the articles Mandyy - its very worrying all that divorce talk. Once the rumours start they're hard to stop. Are there many reports on this subject? Do you think they will divorce?

Good to see her recovering though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-05-2006, 05:17 PM
mandyy's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 2,626
You can take a look at this post I wrote earlier that I don't think they'll divorce
Imperial Family of Japan: Current Events July 2005 - May 2008
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Dickinson, United States
Posts: 172
On another board, there are reports that Princess KIko is pregnant. If it is a boy, Masako will have a lot of pressure removed. It makes me wonder how much pressure was also put on poor Princess Kiko - she is 39 and her two daughters are getting big. here is the article link
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/4688056.stm
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ....., United States
Posts: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by almab
On another board, there are reports that Princess KIko is pregnant. If it is a boy, Masako will have a lot of pressure removed. It makes me wonder how much pressure was also put on poor Princess Kiko - she is 39 and her two daughters are getting big. here is the article link
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/4688056.stm
I am shocked by this news and wonder what it will do to Masako's health. Those two princely families don't get along and it makes me wonder what the motivation is for the pregnancy. Akishino and Kiko are both older and it has been a long while since they have had children.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-07-2006, 12:39 PM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,682
i'm so sad for masako. now that she was recovering, this news won't help her at all. if kiko has a boy, aiko's chances to be future empress will lower and i'm pretty sure masako will fall into depression again. she is in her forties, so the possibilities of having another son are not many. i don't think it was a nice gesture from akishino and kiko to have a baby now, in such a delicate situation.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ....., United States
Posts: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i'm so sad for masako. now that she was recovering, this news won't help her at all. if kiko has a boy, aiko's chances to be future empress will lower and i'm pretty sure masako will fall into depression again. she is in her forties, so the possibilities of having another son are not many. i don't think it was a nice gesture from akishino and kiko to have a baby now, in such a delicate situation.
I agree completely with what you say -- those thoughts are on my mind as well - as you can probably tell from my first post. This news makes me very sad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Oppie's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 537
There is a small part of me that wonders that she might be happy about this. For all the suffering that she went through and the fact that her daughter would be taken away to start Empress school. I really wonder if she might be happy if they have a son and she will be able to raise her daughter in peace (or as close to it as she can get).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ....., United States
Posts: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
There is a small part of me that wonders that she might be happy about this. For all the suffering that she went through and the fact that her daughter would be taken away to start Empress school. I really wonder if she might be happy if they have a son and she will be able to raise her daughter in peace (or as close to it as she can get).
I was just reading the comments on the GREMB and began to wonder the same thing.... that just maybe, Masako would be happy to raise a child free from the tight constraints of her own life. Certainly Masako has no illusions about the plusses and minuses or court life vs. private life. But I also wonder what would happen to their family? Would Aiko really have many freedoms? She would still be the daughter of an Emperor/Empress and would have to observe many traditions/rituals? Obviously she wouldn't have to study to be the "Empress" but still, how ritual bound would her life be? There would always be the possibility that something could happen to the baby boy (if that is what it is) and then the succession problem would re-surface. Unless Naruhito gives up the throne to his brother, in the event his brother has an heir, (which I would imagine is very unlikely) it seems Masako's life is still going to be one tightly controlled by the Imperial Household Agency and, to a large extent, that Aiko's will be controlled too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Amina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I was just reading the comments on the GREMB and began to wonder the same thing.... that just maybe, Masako would be happy to raise a child free from the tight constraints of her own life. Certainly Masako has no illusions about the plusses and minuses or court life vs. private life. But I also wonder what would happen to their family? Would Aiko really have many freedoms? She would still be the daughter of an Emperor/Empress and would have to observe many traditions/rituals? Obviously she wouldn't have to study to be the "Empress" but still, how ritual bound would her life be? There would always be the possibility that something could happen to the baby boy (if that is what it is) and then the succession problem would re-surface. Unless Naruhito gives up the throne to his brother, in the event his brother has an heir, (which I would imagine is very unlikely) it seems Masako's life is still going to be one tightly controlled by the Imperial Household Agency and, to a large extent, that Aiko's will be controlled too.
So true - unless both brothers have the strength to throw of the IHA - it seems that every member of that family is trapped by that agency. So old fashioned and so out of touch - unbelievable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Amina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
You can take a look at this post I wrote earlier that I don't think they'll divorce
Imperial Family of Japan: Current Events July 2005 - May 2008
THANX FOR THE LINK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
I don't think Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako would divorce because seen from the new years video they were talking happily and having a wonderful time with Princess Aiko. And also, Princess Aiko is going to start kindergarten this April, I don't think Princess Masako would want a divorce in such a critical period when Aiko is starting her education. Masako just wanted to spend more time with Aiko and balance her duties with time taking care of her daughter. I think the Imperial Household Agency should allow her to do more official visits abroad and allow her to use her linguistic and diplomatic skills more frequently. This would give Masako chances to apply her own skill in a more useful way just like continuing her former career as a diplomat."



But the issue here is would they? Probably not poor Masako - i bet she REALLY regrets marrying into that family. Its also Aiko's future that i worry about. Will she EVER be able to live her own life or will she always be a PRISONER of the IHA? A puppet under their control!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,162
Unless things change, when I doubt and based upon my little known of knowledge of the IHA: I think Aiko will be a prisoner so to speak of the IHA until she marries, and than like her aunt, she will leave the Imperial Family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Unless things change, when I doubt and based upon my little known of knowledge of the IHA: I think Aiko will be a prisoner so to speak of the IHA until she marries, and than like her aunt, she will leave the Imperial Family.
It all sounds incredibly sad.:( Poor Princess Masako, Prince Naruhito and Princess Aiko.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,874
When you see Naruhito on an official engagement alone, is Masako not present because that is her choice or because she has been told by the IHA that she's too stressed to accompany her husband. Hope this doesn't sound like a silly question, but I have always wondered who makes that decision. Although I think I already know the answer. It seems like the best thing for her would be to get out and about. Are they forcing her to stay in?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Mandy's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 6,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily
When you see Naruhito on an official engagement alone, is Masako not present because that is her choice or because she has been told by the IHA that she's too stressed to accompany her husband. Hope this doesn't sound like a silly question, but I have always wondered who makes that decision. Although I think I already know the answer. It seems like the best thing for her would be to get out and about. Are they forcing her to stay in?
We don't know if Masako is really ill or if the IHA is deciding that she is too ill to accompany Naruhito. For that matter, we don't know for how long the IHA has been playing this little game.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crown princess masako, masako, princess masako


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: September 2005 - May 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 406 05-21-2006 09:00 PM
Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 2: November 2003 - November 2004 Josefine Current Events Archive 316 11-12-2004 05:44 AM
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 2: October 2003 - August 2004 Poppy Current Events Archive 268 08-19-2004 10:34 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge style fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]