The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the update!
It is nice to see Prince Naruhito joining Crown Princely couple from Belgium. I hope he will enjoy attending the wedding and festivities. It is unfortunate that Crown Princess Masako is unable to join him.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Serene Highness

I read two times that Masako is surprisingly coming to the wedding. If this is true, it would be great for her. Out of Japan for a couple of days.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
I read two times that Masako is surprisingly coming to the wedding...
Online editions of gossip magazines and tabloids swooped on the official guest lists released Thursday and scoured the names of the 1,100 guests invited to the wedding ceremony and the 400 who have been invited for the wedding banquet at the palace.
Royal guests include Belgium's King Albert and Queen Paola, Danish Queen Margrethe and her husband, Prince Henrik, Dutch Queen Beatrix, King Abdullah and Queen Rania of Jordan, King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, and British Prince Edward - the youngest son of Queen Elizabeth - and his wife, Sophie.- Monsters & Critic
Old 06-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Serene Highness

What a pity!
Old 06-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan has visited the Nobel Museum in Stockholm, Sweden, Sunday June 20, 2010. The Crown Prince will meet the Japanese people living in Sweden on Monday before returning home.
*Pic 1* *Pic 2* - via Daylife
Old 06-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the update!
I expected Crown Prince Naruhito to undertake some engagements while in Stockholm. I am sure the Japanese residing in Sweden were thrilled about meeting the senior member of the Imperial family.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I was very sad not to see Masako, but I suspect the long journey and a host of people would have been too much for her to contemplate.
Still, Naruhito looked very friendly and seemed to enjoy himself !
Old 07-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Courtier

Crownprince Naruhito is in a class by himself
Old 07-11-2010, 01:23 AM
Majesty

I was just looking back through the thread and noticed that there haven't been any items with CP Masako since March 6! That's four months out of the public eye, unless there have been events that no-one has posted.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I think that if she doesn't do anything that could be considered public, we can't speak about her. I wish we had some news about the crownprincess, but we hadn't...

Vanesa.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:05 AM
Majesty

Four months without an appearance being reported seems like a long time. I hope that she hasn't slipped back in her recovery.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Commoner

I fear that patience of people in my country may snap one day....I hope not, but I am not sure how much longer this could go on? another 5 years?
Old 07-11-2010, 04:39 PM

I'm surprised Japan hasn't snapped already. There were some reports two years ago of the Japanese getting annoyed and some analysts were calling for Naruhito to divorce Masako. I think that the analysts are right: Masako should be given her freedom if that would lead to her being cured.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
..I think that the analysts are right: Masako should be given her freedom if that would lead to her being cured.
I'm sorry to say that but there is no correlation between "freedom" and HIH the Crown Princess's state of health.
The mental deseases have the periods of improving, but no ultimate recovery. Still I believe HIH the Crown Princess is to be the next Empress.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Commoner

If they removed the cause of Masako sama's stress and anxiety (if she left the palace), it may help her gradual recovery but as to the "cure"?, probably not, especially since she wont be able to have Aiko sama live with her. Can you imagine how heart broken Masako sama would be?
I dont think it'll come to that anyway- I believe they love each other. Crown Prince beams whenever Masako sama is next to him.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

HIH the Crown Prince Naruhito took part in the Gakushuin orchestra concert in Tokyo yesterday.
* Picture * - Kyodo
Old 07-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Commoner

Ah lovely! Crown Prince is very musical. He's quite sporty and is good at ice skating too.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:34 AM
Majesty

Is there the feeling that this illness is somehow Masako's fault? That she is to blame for being ill?

As an outsider, it seems to me that if Naruhito can cope with and love his ill wife, so surely should the nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiko View Post
I fear that patience of people in my country may snap one day....I hope not, but I am not sure how much longer this could go on? another 5 years?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Commoner

Not so much as Masako sama's illness is her fault- I mean anyone with any brain can see that.

But things being said about her in Japanese newspaper, magazine, and on TV are often not very kind.

I like Crown Prince. He's a very caring sort of a person with CP Misako as well as with others around him. I just wish him happiness, with Masako sama beside him.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiko View Post
Not so much as Masako sama's illness is her fault- I mean anyone with any brain can see that.

But things being said about her in Japanese newspaper, magazine, and on TV are often not very kind.

I like Crown Prince. He's a very caring sort of a person with CP Misako as well as with others around him. I just wish him happiness, with Masako sama beside him.
Yes. I share your opinion entirely. Princess Masako is creating her illness with her own mind. I don't think she is aware of it - our mind is very strong, and sometimes one doesn't realize how powerful it can become. Our minds could distroy us , literally - but this is my perception. Is hard for her to asume her Royal duties, I think...

However, smetimes, newspapers and magazines are too hard on her, for they doesn't realize that the Princess needs to be helped in the acceptation of her tasks.

As for Prince Naruhito, I think he loves her wife and wants to keep her . I don't see any probability of a divorce here, and that's allright.

P.D: As for the ones who ask for give "freedom" to Masako, I think they didn't realize she is no more a commoner as she was before. Now she has Royal duties and these duties are not compatible with a total personal freedom. I think that even us, we commoners, have no total freedom and that's all right. If we have children, a job, a beloved one, in fact, some degree of personal duties (and all persons have at least one or two of all these quoted above), we are not totally free. And that's great...We can't do anything we wants to; society should become crazy and without any rule if we will. Job cut somewhat your freedom; love too...You could imagine to live without a job ...But how sad is to live without a love.

Vanesa.

Tags
crown prince naruhito, mexico, naruhito, official visit, prince naruhito, vietnam