Crown Prince Naruhito Current Events Part 1: July 2005 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the same info, and I see that HIH the Crown Prince is able to carry his official duties on. The Crown Prince does his job well.
Inspite your disapproval, Mariko, it is the Crown Prince who will be the next Emperor of Japan. Whatever you will write to express your personal view of the future of Japanese Imperial Family.
I believe this kind of allegations made by you are some kind of black PR against the CP family, aren't they? Please, no more, Mariko.

But isn't it true that conservative elements in Japanese society believe the Crown Prince should step aside?
And that this sentiment is growing?

(I know very little about these policies, and have nothing against the Crown Prince, but this is what I have read). Apparently others agree with Mariko.

But isn't it true that conservative elements in Japanese society believe the Crown Prince should step aside?
And that this sentiment is growing?

(I know very little about these policies, and have nothing against the Crown Prince, but this is what I have read). Apparently others agree with Mariko.
Do you have any credible links, Mirabel? Who says 'this sentiment is growing'? I'd like to see some statistics.:flowers:

Thanks for the link, Mirabel.
Still, in my opinion, the article has no proof just the journalist's allegations.
An irreproachable answer has been given by Al_bina some time ago.
By the way, can we continue this discussion in the other thread, not in Current Events one?

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito is welcomed by Japan's ambassador to Germany Takahiro Shinyo as he arrives at the military part of the airport Tegel in Berlin on Tuesday, June 21, 2011.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** - AP via daylife

Last edited by a moderator:
H.R.H. Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan walks in the gardens of Bellevue Palace with German President Christian Wulff after planting a cherry tree together on June 22, 2011 in Berlin, Germany. Crown Prince Naruhito is on a two-day visit to Germany.

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato

Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan looks at documents including the Treay of Amity, Commerce and Navigation between Japan and Prussia from 1861 while visiting the Berlin State Library on June 22, 2011 in Berlin, Germany.

daylife gallery

Visit by Japanese crown prince has Germans studying etiquette - Monsters and Critics

Japan's crown prince Naruhito was officially welcomed to Germany Wednesday, after officials had carefully studied the correct etiquette for dealing with one of the imperial family.
Even German President Christian Wulff exerted himself, stepping up the stairs backward at the presidential palace, Schloss Bellevue, to avoid turning his back on the prince, after diplomats advised that this might be construed as a slight.
Journalists and photographers who covered the ceremonies were coached in the golden rules: do not ask the prince questions; do not photograph him from behind; do not overtake him or walk across his path.
German officials said the visit by Naruhito, to mark the 150th anniversary of diplomatic relations, was a high honour considering that Japan is still recovering from its triple disaster in March: an earthquake, tsunami and radioactive releases.

Last edited by a moderator:

At the start of day 2 in Germany German Chancellor Angela Merkel has received Crown Prince Naruhito
for a meeting at the chancellery in Berlin, Germany, Thursday, June 23, 2011.

** Pic **

Pics of the whole second day in Germany can be found here - the gallery will be updated during the day:

** gettyimages/reuters/Ap/daylife gallery - June 23, 2011 **

Japan's crown prince thanks German president for quake assistance - The Mainichi Daily News
"I offer my gratitude for the various kinds of assistance, including the dispatch of a rescue team, and condolences expressed by Germany," the crown prince was quoted by Japan's Imperial Household Agency as telling Wulff at the president's office.

A Japanese photographer's camera is decorated with little toy birds as he takes pictures of German President Christian Wulff and Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito (both not in picture) as they walk through the garden of Bellevue Palace on June 22, 2011 in Berlin. - Source

I sincerely hope that, when Akihito is no more, there may be a loosening of protocol, to say the least.

Why should western democratic royals and others have to put up with "stepping up the stairs backward" ??

Even the BRF has got rid of that.

The world is multicultural, Renata4711, isn't it.
Obviously we should respect the Japanese traditions, since the Japanese people respect ours.
It was the personal choice of the President of Germany to follow the etiquette.:flowers:
I see no problem here.

Last edited:
Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito visits the Mori-Ogai memorial in Berlin June 22, 2011.
The memorial to Japanese poet and doctor Mori Ogai (1862-1922) is made up of the room of Ogai, in the former boarding house where he resided in Berlin in the late 19th century.

**Pic** - Getty

Merkel briefs Crown Prince on nukes | The Japan Times Online
Crown Prince Naruhito met Chancellor Angela Merkel in her office in Berlin on Thursday and received a briefing on her energy policy as Germany seeks to abandon nuclear power in light of the Fukushima disaster.
"In Japan, too, interest in renewable energy is growing," the Crown Prince said in response to Merkel's briefing, according to the Imperial Household Agency.
The Crown Prince met with Norbert Lammert, president of the German Parliament, before meeting Merkel and attended a welcoming ceremony at the Brandenburg Gate.

Back home!

Crown Prince Naruhito was greeted by Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko at the Crown Prince's
Residence in Tokyo on June 25, 2011. He returned to Japan from Berlin the same day after completing
his four-day official trip to Germany. ( I post it here as it marks the end of his trip to Germany)

** Pic **

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito plays the viola during a charity concert for victims of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami disaster presented by the Gakushuin University graduates orchestra at the university in Tokyo on July 10, 2011.

**Pic** - Kyodo/Getty

Thank you very much for the news updates about your crownprincely family, Kuzumi. I really admire them.

HIH the Crown Prince Naruhito visited Aomori prefecture to attend the opening ceremony of Comprehensive National High School Sports Competition on July 28th, 2011.
Next day the Crown Prince watched Sumo match of high school students.

**Pic** - Kyodo

This is IMO an exceedingly nice pic of the Crown Prince - wherever, whenever...:whistling:

"HIH Crown Prince Naruhito attended the 35th Water Assembly held in Tokyo on 1st August. In Japan, 1st August is called Water Day."
link

Address by HIH The Crown Prince of Japan on the Occasion of the Closing Plenary Session of the Eighth Annual Meeting of the Science and Technology in Society (STS) forum Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Kyoto International Conference Center, Japan

German President Christian Wulff is on a 6 day visit to Japan. Today he attended a German festival
to celebrate 150 years of German-Japanese friendship together with Crown Prince Naruhito in Tokyo.
And they talked together at the German ambassador's official residence.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery **

Crown Prince Naruhito arrived (at Riyadh international airport) to offer his condolences
on the death of Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Sultan, October 26, 2011.

** Pic **

:previous:
One more picture.
The Crown Prince of Japan and the Prince of Asturias in Saudi Arabia, October 26th, 2011.

**Pic** - Kyodo

Thanks for the updates!
Crown Prince Naruhito does a great job representing the Japanese Imperial family abroad.

Crown prince confers autumn decorations on behalf of emperor - The Mainichi Daily News
Crown Prince Naruhito on Monday conferred annual autumn decorations on six award recipients on behalf of Emperor Akihito, who was hospitalized on Sunday to receive treatment for bronchitis. During the award ceremony at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, the crown prince conveyed a message from the emperor who wanted to "extend my deep gratitude to those who have worked hard" at their duties for many years and dedicated themselves to the nation and society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom