The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

HIH the Crown Prince Naruhito was present during the greeting ceremony for Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni at the Imperial palace garden May 17th 2010.

Picture - Kyodo

Old 05-24-2010, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Prince Naruhito delivers a speech during an opening session
of the Pacific Association of Pediatric Surgeons at a hotel in Kobe
on May 24, 2010. Some 400 pediatric surgeons from countries
around the Pacific Rim are taking part in the five-day meeting.

-------> Pic

Old 06-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium, Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium carry umbrellas upon arrival at Sturehof castle, south of Stockholm, June 18, 2010, to attend a lunch hosted by the Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia as part of this weekend's wedding celebrations. Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria and her fiance Daniel Westling will be married on June 19, 2010.
*Pic 1* *Pic 2* *Pic 3* - Getty
Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the update!
It is nice to see Prince Naruhito joining Crown Princely couple from Belgium. I hope he will enjoy attending the wedding and festivities. It is unfortunate that Crown Princess Masako is unable to join him.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Courtier

I read two times that Masako is surprisingly coming to the wedding. If this is true, it would be great for her. Out of Japan for a couple of days.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
I read two times that Masako is surprisingly coming to the wedding...
Online editions of gossip magazines and tabloids swooped on the official guest lists released Thursday and scoured the names of the 1,100 guests invited to the wedding ceremony and the 400 who have been invited for the wedding banquet at the palace.
Royal guests include Belgium's King Albert and Queen Paola, Danish Queen Margrethe and her husband, Prince Henrik, Dutch Queen Beatrix, King Abdullah and Queen Rania of Jordan, King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, and British Prince Edward - the youngest son of Queen Elizabeth - and his wife, Sophie.- Monsters & Critic
Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Courtier

What a pity!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan has visited the Nobel Museum in Stockholm, Sweden, Sunday June 20, 2010. The Crown Prince will meet the Japanese people living in Sweden on Monday before returning home.
*Pic 1* *Pic 2* - via Daylife
Old 06-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the update!
I expected Crown Prince Naruhito to undertake some engagements while in Stockholm. I am sure the Japanese residing in Sweden were thrilled about meeting the senior member of the Imperial family.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I was very sad not to see Masako, but I suspect the long journey and a host of people would have been too much for her to contemplate.
Still, Naruhito looked very friendly and seemed to enjoy himself !
Old 07-10-2010, 04:53 AM
Courtier

Crownprince Naruhito is in a class by himself
Old 07-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I was just looking back through the thread and noticed that there haven't been any items with CP Masako since March 6! That's four months out of the public eye, unless there have been events that no-one has posted.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I think that if she doesn't do anything that could be considered public, we can't speak about her. I wish we had some news about the crownprincess, but we hadn't...

Vanesa.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Four months without an appearance being reported seems like a long time. I hope that she hasn't slipped back in her recovery.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Commoner

I fear that patience of people in my country may snap one day....I hope not, but I am not sure how much longer this could go on? another 5 years?
Old 07-11-2010, 03:39 PM

I'm surprised Japan hasn't snapped already. There were some reports two years ago of the Japanese getting annoyed and some analysts were calling for Naruhito to divorce Masako. I think that the analysts are right: Masako should be given her freedom if that would lead to her being cured.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
..I think that the analysts are right: Masako should be given her freedom if that would lead to her being cured.
I'm sorry to say that but there is no correlation between "freedom" and HIH the Crown Princess's state of health.
The mental deseases have the periods of improving, but no ultimate recovery. Still I believe HIH the Crown Princess is to be the next Empress.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Commoner

If they removed the cause of Masako sama's stress and anxiety (if she left the palace), it may help her gradual recovery but as to the "cure"?, probably not, especially since she wont be able to have Aiko sama live with her. Can you imagine how heart broken Masako sama would be?
I dont think it'll come to that anyway- I believe they love each other. Crown Prince beams whenever Masako sama is next to him.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

HIH the Crown Prince Naruhito took part in the Gakushuin orchestra concert in Tokyo yesterday.
* Picture * - Kyodo
Old 07-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Commoner

Ah lovely! Crown Prince is very musical. He's quite sporty and is good at ice skating too.

Tags
crown prince naruhito, naruhito, prince naruhito