The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Majesty

Crown Prince Naruhito and Family: News and Photos 3

Please post news articles, pictures and comments of Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and their daughter Princess Aiko. Have fun!

Here is a link to the old thread Crown Prince Naruhito and Family: News and Photos 2

Old 02-15-2005, 04:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Please post news articles, pictures and comments of Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and their daughter Princess Aiko. Have fun!

Here is a link to the old thread Crown Prince Naruhito and Family: News and Photos 2
Masako , accompanied by her husband Crown Prince Naruhito and their daughter Princess Aiko, leaves the Togu Palace in Tokyo, 14 February 2005, for a six-day rest in Nagano.

Link: http://miarroba.com/foros/ver.php?fo...g=si#ultimomsg

FORO DE REALEZA EN ESPAÑOL (SPANISH FORUM ABOUT ROYALTY)
http://realezaenespanol.foro.st

Old 02-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

MASAKO RESUMES OFFICIAL DUTIES OUTSIDE TOKYO
hellomagazine.com

Troubled Japanese royal Crown Princess Masako is making her first official trip outside Tokyo. The 41-year-old was pictured smiling with her husband Naruhito and daughter Aiko as they left for a snowy break in the city of Nagano.

The family will spend the first few days in the mountain resort skiing. But later this month the pretty royal, who withdrew from public life over a year ago, will be joining her husband at the Special Olympics Winter Games.

Crown Prince Naruhito will be alone when he attends a ceremony to mark the opening of the games on February 26, but Masako will join him the following afternoon to take in a hockey match. "The game-watching was planned as attendance at the opening ceremony was expected to put a considerable burden on her," revealed one of Naruhito's aides.

It will be the first time the princess has attended an official event outside Tokyo since November 2003. On that occasion she went along to another sporting event for disabled people, but a month later she suspended all royal duties. The Harvard graduate was said to be suffering from an "adjustment disorder" brought on by the demands of her role. Not the least of these, according to royal watchers, was the pressure to produce a male heir.

Masako gave up a promising career as a diplomat when she married into the royal family. Her husband is said to have promised her freedom within the role, but she found herself in conflict with the tradition-bound Imperial Household and later slipped into depression. The 41-year-old seems to have been recovering in recent months, however, and in January she made an appearance on the balcony of the Imperial Palace.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	masako-dop1a.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	94380  
Old 02-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Serene Highness

TOKYO, JAPAN: Kenyan environmentalist and 2004 Nobel Peace Prize laureate Wangari Maathai (L) meets with Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito at the Crown Prince's Togu Palace residence in Tokyo 21 February 2005.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	96545   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	96546  
Old 02-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Royal Highness

Aiko to be Empress

Reports of legal change being drafted.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7007877/
Old 02-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

That child is the image of her father.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:12 AM
Serene Highness

I think that this is great news for Japan and Masako, who no doubt will benefit from the decline in stress this will bring about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
Reports of legal change being drafted.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7007877/
Old 02-22-2005, 04:03 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Aiko enjoyed skiing and new pictures were opened to public

1~5
In this photo released by the Imperial Household Agency Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005, Japan's Princess Aiko, the only child of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, practices calligraphy with a brush and ink at her residence Togu Palace in Tokyo early January 2005. Japan is preparing for a reigning empress for the first time in more than 200 years as the government drafts legal changes allowing female succession.

She played with the kite.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	125
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	96745   Click image for larger version

Views:	281
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	96746   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	96747   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	96748  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	96749   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	96750  
Old 02-22-2005, 04:13 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Aiko enjoyed skiing

Princess Aiko and her parents,Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako
enjoyed skiing at Oku-Shigakogen ski resort in central Japan.
These picture were taken last week and released by the Imperial Household Agency February 22, 2005.

You ca see movie here.
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/stream/kika...222_kositu.asx
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	468
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	96759   Click image for larger version

Views:	252
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	96760   Click image for larger version

Views:	150
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	96761   Click image for larger version

Views:	258
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	96762  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	96763   Click image for larger version

Views:	100
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	96764   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	96765   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	96766  

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	96785  
Old 02-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Aristocracy

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako visited theater in Tokyo Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005 in order to see Bunraku,a traditional puppet show of Japan.
She went out publicly after an interval of 15 months.

Today,how many news is!
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	156
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	96783   Click image for larger version

Views:	166
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	96784  
Old 02-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful news about the succession changes, finally it is about to happen after this long wait! The world can look forward to an HIH Empress Aiko one day! :)

Gorgeous winter pics of the family too - and it's great to see Masako back in her official role out and about - and she looked really well, shining and happy. I hope things work out for the couple, and the succession changes will surely be a relief to all.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Gentry

when i used to write my babysiter mary take like this my hand
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

Polfoto 22-02-2005 Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako chat before Japanese traditional puppet play starts at national theater in Tokyo Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005. Masako, who has sat out her official duties due to illness, is seeking to return fully to official duties, according to an official.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	87
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	96959   Click image for larger version

Views:	235
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	96960   Click image for larger version

Views:	226
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	96961   Click image for larger version

Views:	79
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	96962  

Old 02-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Japan's next empress learning to ski and write (from Polfoto)
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	228
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	96963   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	96964   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	96965   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	96966  

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	96967   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	96968   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	96969  
Old 02-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Majesty

Thank you merampo and Lyonnaise for the wonderful pictures. Aiko is such a beautiful child.

I'm glad that Japan will finally allow for female succession so that Aiko will become Empress after Naruhito.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Courtier

Nuh uh, not just yet. Although I'm happy about the prospect of having Aiko become the heir to her father, the law is still not drafted nor approved so we can't break out the sake barrels just yet. They're still debating if they should allow the first born, regardless of sex to ascede or to have a male supercede a female in sucession. We'll have to wait and see...

Anyway, it's my 500th post! Yippee! Anyway, besides the point.

While the legislatures are at it, I wonder if they'll change the current law in which natural born princesses have to give up their title when they get married...
Old 02-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Crown prince offers apology over last year's remarks

TOKYO, Feb. 23, Kyodo - Crown Prince Naruhito has offered a public apology for remarks he made last year about there having been moves that ''denied'' his wife Princess Masako's career and personality, which caused a stir and apparently brought about tension in the imperial family. In a news conference held Monday prior to his 45th birthday Wednesday, the prince said, ''I made the remarks out of hope that people would be made aware of the situation Masako was in. Nonetheless, I feel sorry for causing trouble for both the emperor and the empress over the remarks.''

''I have also caused concern among the people as well,'' the crown prince told reporters at the Imperial Palace.

The apology is widely seen as trying to allay tension among the royal family and aides, and mark an end to the saga over his remarks that ignited media speculation of a family rift in connection with Princess Masako's health.

About various views expressed on the issue, he said, ''Everyone has his own different thoughts and ideas, and in every family likewise there are differences in view between generations. But I believe understanding (about such differences) naturally deepens by way of continuing discussions.''

He also said that ahead of the news conference, his father advised him to ''frankly speak'' his own ideas.

Last May, the crown prince dropped what many considered a bombshell during a press conference when talking about the health of Crown Princess Masako.

''It is true that there were developments that denied Masako's career as a diplomat as well as her personality,'' he said.

He also said his wife, a former diplomat, ''has completely exhausted herself'' in trying to adapt to life in the imperial family since their marriage in June 1993.

The crown princess, 41, has been diagnosed as suffering from an ''adjustment disorder'' due to stress arising from her status and busy schedule, the Imperial Household Agency said earlier.

The crown prince said Monday she is now on the way to recovery and is making active efforts at building up her physical and psychological energy but still has ups and downs in physical shape, adding that her doctor believes it will still take time to recover.

Regarding the crown prince's remarks, Emperor Akihito said, ''I was very surprised. I have since listened to the crown prince...but there are still some things that I have not fully understood yet,'' in a written message on the occasion of his birthday in December.

Prince Akishino, the crown prince's younger brother, indirectly criticized the crown prince in November for making the remarks without consulting with the emperor, saying in a news conference for his birthday, ''I myself was surprised at the remarks in no small measure.''

The agency itself said in May that the issue is ''sensitive and complicated.''

The crown prince's comment triggered speculation among the media, analysts and the public that his wife may be suffering a breakdown due to pressure to produce a male heir, given the fact that no male heir has been born in the past 40 years.

The lack of male successors in the imperial family has increasingly exposed 3-year-old Princess Aiko, the only child of the crown prince and crown princess, to public attention as a possible future reigning empress, for which the Imperial House Law would need to be revised.

The government has set up a panel of experts to discuss the issue of whether to revise the law to allow a female to ascend the throne of the world's oldest hereditary monarchy perpetuated through a predominantly male line.

On the succession issue, Crown Prince Naruhito told the news conference Monday, ''I would like to withhold any comments.''
Old 02-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Royal Highness

I hope this comes to pass!!

I hope and pray that this legislation is passed and Princess Aiko can become Empress in her own right. This is the 21st century, and the "Japanese Grey Men" need to realize that they must move with the times on certain issues. Crown Princess Masako has been unfairly and poorly treated by the Royal Household. I commend Crown Prince Naruhito for having the courage to speak out as much as he did--that was a brave thing to do. He loves his wife and I don't think Naruhito is concerned with having a daughter following him. This legislation will help speed Masako to recovery and a happy family life with her husband and daughter. God Bless the Crown Prince, Crown Princess, and Princess Aiko!!
Old 02-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Gentry

Those informal pics are so lovely to see. CP Masako looks so relaxed at happy. I am also happy to see that she is has resumed her public engagements again. I sure hope she will be able to fully recover from her disorder. :)
Old 02-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Courtier

It was so sad to see a woman with amazing intellectual and social qualifications like Masako being stuffed into an outdated model of what a woman was back in the day. She was an accomplished and skilled diplomat and linguist before her marriage into the royal family. She is an incredible asset to the royal family that hasn't been allowed to realize its potential due to restrictions.

Closed Thread

Tags
aiko, crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, masako, naruhito, prince naruhito, princess aiko, princess masako, princess toshi