Crown Prince Naruhito and Family: News and Photos 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandy said:
Please post news articles, pictures and comments of Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and their daughter Princess Aiko. Have fun!

Here is a link to the old thread Crown Prince Naruhito and Family: News and Photos 2

Masako:D , accompanied by her husband Crown Prince Naruhito and their daughter Princess Aiko, leaves the Togu Palace in Tokyo, 14 February 2005, for a six-day rest in Nagano.

Link: http://miarroba.com/foros/ver.php?foroid=637982&temaid=3366609&ultimomsg=si#ultimomsg

FORO DE REALEZA EN ESPAÑOL (SPANISH FORUM ABOUT ROYALTY)
http://realezaenespanol.foro.st

MASAKO RESUMES OFFICIAL DUTIES OUTSIDE TOKYO
hellomagazine.com

Troubled Japanese royal Crown Princess Masako is making her first official trip outside Tokyo. The 41-year-old was pictured smiling with her husband Naruhito and daughter Aiko as they left for a snowy break in the city of Nagano.

The family will spend the first few days in the mountain resort skiing. But later this month the pretty royal, who withdrew from public life over a year ago, will be joining her husband at the Special Olympics Winter Games.

Crown Prince Naruhito will be alone when he attends a ceremony to mark the opening of the games on February 26, but Masako will join him the following afternoon to take in a hockey match. "The game-watching was planned as attendance at the opening ceremony was expected to put a considerable burden on her," revealed one of Naruhito's aides.

It will be the first time the princess has attended an official event outside Tokyo since November 2003. On that occasion she went along to another sporting event for disabled people, but a month later she suspended all royal duties. The Harvard graduate was said to be suffering from an "adjustment disorder" brought on by the demands of her role. Not the least of these, according to royal watchers, was the pressure to produce a male heir.

Masako gave up a promising career as a diplomat when she married into the royal family. Her husband is said to have promised her freedom within the role, but she found herself in conflict with the tradition-bound Imperial Household and later slipped into depression. The 41-year-old seems to have been recovering in recent months, however, and in January she made an appearance on the balcony of the Imperial Palace.

Attachments

• masako-dop1a.jpg
    masako-dop1a.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
TOKYO, JAPAN: Kenyan environmentalist and 2004 Nobel Peace Prize laureate Wangari Maathai (L) meets with Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito at the Crown Prince's Togu Palace residence in Tokyo 21 February 2005.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 385
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 350
That child is the image of her father.

Princess Aiko enjoyed skiing and new pictures were opened to public

[size=-1]1~5[/size]
[size=-1]In this photo released by the Imperial Household Agency Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005, Japan's Princess Aiko, the only child of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, practices calligraphy with a brush and ink at her residence Togu Palace in Tokyo early January 2005. Japan is preparing for a reigning empress for the first time in more than 200 years as the government drafts legal changes allowing female succession.[/size]

She played with the kite.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 413
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 542
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 415
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 669
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 581
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
Princess Aiko enjoyed skiing

Princess Aiko and her parents,Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako
enjoyed skiing at Oku-Shigakogen ski resort in central Japan.
These picture were taken last week and released by the Imperial Household Agency February 22, 2005.

You ca see movie here.
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/stream/kikaku/kositu/20050222_kositu.asx

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 404
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 417
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 347
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 400
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 520
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 521
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 757
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako visited theater in Tokyo Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005 in order to see Bunraku,a traditional puppet show of Japan.
She went out publicly after an interval of 15 months.

Today,how many news is!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 390
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 441
Wonderful news about the succession changes, finally it is about to happen after this long wait! The world can look forward to an HIH Empress Aiko one day! :)

Gorgeous winter pics of the family too - and it's great to see Masako back in her official role out and about - and she looked really well, shining and happy. I hope things work out for the couple, and the succession changes will surely be a relief to all.

when i used to write my babysiter mary take like this my hand

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,761
Polfoto 22-02-2005 Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako chat before Japanese traditional puppet play starts at national theater in Tokyo Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005. Masako, who has sat out her official duties due to illness, is seeking to return fully to official duties, according to an official.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 465
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 372
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 567
Japan's next empress learning to ski and write (from Polfoto)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 528
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 394
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 432
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 368
Thank you merampo and Lyonnaise for the wonderful pictures. Aiko is such a beautiful child.

I'm glad that Japan will finally allow for female succession so that Aiko will become Empress after Naruhito.

Nuh uh, not just yet. Although I'm happy about the prospect of having Aiko become the heir to her father, the law is still not drafted nor approved so we can't break out the sake barrels just yet. They're still debating if they should allow the first born, regardless of sex to ascede or to have a male supercede a female in sucession. We'll have to wait and see...

Anyway, it's my 500th post! Yippee! Anyway, besides the point.

While the legislatures are at it, I wonder if they'll change the current law in which natural born princesses have to give up their title when they get married...

Crown prince offers apology over last year's remarks

TOKYO, Feb. 23, Kyodo - Crown Prince Naruhito has offered a public apology for remarks he made last year about there having been moves that ''denied'' his wife Princess Masako's career and personality, which caused a stir and apparently brought about tension in the imperial family. In a news conference held Monday prior to his 45th birthday Wednesday, the prince said, ''I made the remarks out of hope that people would be made aware of the situation Masako was in. Nonetheless, I feel sorry for causing trouble for both the emperor and the empress over the remarks.''

''I have also caused concern among the people as well,'' the crown prince told reporters at the Imperial Palace.

The apology is widely seen as trying to allay tension among the royal family and aides, and mark an end to the saga over his remarks that ignited media speculation of a family rift in connection with Princess Masako's health.

About various views expressed on the issue, he said, ''Everyone has his own different thoughts and ideas, and in every family likewise there are differences in view between generations. But I believe understanding (about such differences) naturally deepens by way of continuing discussions.''

He also said that ahead of the news conference, his father advised him to ''frankly speak'' his own ideas.

Last May, the crown prince dropped what many considered a bombshell during a press conference when talking about the health of Crown Princess Masako.

''It is true that there were developments that denied Masako's career as a diplomat as well as her personality,'' he said.

He also said his wife, a former diplomat, ''has completely exhausted herself'' in trying to adapt to life in the imperial family since their marriage in June 1993.

The crown princess, 41, has been diagnosed as suffering from an ''adjustment disorder'' due to stress arising from her status and busy schedule, the Imperial Household Agency said earlier.

The crown prince said Monday she is now on the way to recovery and is making active efforts at building up her physical and psychological energy but still has ups and downs in physical shape, adding that her doctor believes it will still take time to recover.

Regarding the crown prince's remarks, Emperor Akihito said, ''I was very surprised. I have since listened to the crown prince...but there are still some things that I have not fully understood yet,'' in a written message on the occasion of his birthday in December.

Prince Akishino, the crown prince's younger brother, indirectly criticized the crown prince in November for making the remarks without consulting with the emperor, saying in a news conference for his birthday, ''I myself was surprised at the remarks in no small measure.''

The agency itself said in May that the issue is ''sensitive and complicated.''

The crown prince's comment triggered speculation among the media, analysts and the public that his wife may be suffering a breakdown due to pressure to produce a male heir, given the fact that no male heir has been born in the past 40 years.

The lack of male successors in the imperial family has increasingly exposed 3-year-old Princess Aiko, the only child of the crown prince and crown princess, to public attention as a possible future reigning empress, for which the Imperial House Law would need to be revised.

The government has set up a panel of experts to discuss the issue of whether to revise the law to allow a female to ascend the throne of the world's oldest hereditary monarchy perpetuated through a predominantly male line.

On the succession issue, Crown Prince Naruhito told the news conference Monday, ''I would like to withhold any comments.''

I hope this comes to pass!!

I hope and pray that this legislation is passed and Princess Aiko can become Empress in her own right. This is the 21st century, and the "Japanese Grey Men" need to realize that they must move with the times on certain issues. Crown Princess Masako has been unfairly and poorly treated by the Royal Household. I commend Crown Prince Naruhito for having the courage to speak out as much as he did--that was a brave thing to do. He loves his wife and I don't think Naruhito is concerned with having a daughter following him. This legislation will help speed Masako to recovery and a happy family life with her husband and daughter. God Bless the Crown Prince, Crown Princess, and Princess Aiko!!

Those informal pics are so lovely to see. CP Masako looks so relaxed at happy. I am also happy to see that she is has resumed her public engagements again. I sure hope she will be able to fully recover from her disorder. :)

It was so sad to see a woman with amazing intellectual and social qualifications like Masako being stuffed into an outdated model of what a woman was back in the day. She was an accomplished and skilled diplomat and linguist before her marriage into the royal family. She is an incredible asset to the royal family that hasn't been allowed to realize its potential due to restrictions.

Happy Birthday and Best Wishes to His Imperial Highness, Crown Prince Naruhito!!:) :)

Polfoto 22-02-2005 In this handout photo released by the Imperial Household Agency Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005, Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito is seen at his Togu Palace residence in Tokyo Feb. 9, 2005. Naruhito celebrates his 45th birthday on Feb. 23, 2005.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 348
NAGANO, JAPAN - FEBRUARY 26: Japan?s Crown Prince Naruhito arrives at Nagano Station on February 26, 2005 in Nagano, Japan. Naruhito is in Nagano on a two day visit to attend the 2005 Special Olympics World Winter Games that opens today, February 26. Originally it was planned that Japan's Crown Princess Masako would make an official visit but this was cancelled due to an illness. (Photo by Junko Kimura/Getty Images)
NAGANO, JAPAN - FEBRUARY 26: Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito offers his encouragement to the athletes during the opening ceremony of the 2005 Special Olympics World Winter Games on February 26, 2005 in Nagano, Japan. (Photo by Franck Robichon-Pool/Getty Images)

NAGANO, JAPAN - FEBRUARY 26: Crown Prince Naruhito (R) and Eunice Kennedy Shriver, founder of the Special Olympics (L), attend the opening celemony of the Special Olympics on February 26, 2005 in Nagano, Japan.

Source: Getty Images

Attachments

• JP-52244195.jpg
    JP-52244195.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 321
  • JP-52244464.jpg
    JP-52244464.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 340
  • JP-52244409.jpg
    JP-52244409.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 344
  • JP-52244425.jpg
    JP-52244425.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 321
  • JP-52244424.jpg
    JP-52244424.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 358
  • JP-52244192.jpg
    JP-52244192.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 353
Caption:
NAGANO, JAPAN - FEBRUARY 27: Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito meets smiles to the crowd as he sits next Eunice Kennedy Shriver (L), founder of Special Olympics, to watch a game of hockey at the White Ring arena on February 27, 2005 in Nagano, Japan. Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito is in Nagano on a two day visit to attend the Special Olympics that opened on February 26 and ends on March 5. (Photo by Franck Robichon/Pool/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 380
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 386
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 359
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 356
Press Conference by His Imperial Highness The Crown Prince on the Occasion of His Bir

Press Conference by His Imperial Highness The Crown Prince on the Occasion of His Birthday
21 February 2005

Crown Prince Naruhito held the press conference.
I think this episode about Princess Takamatsu is very interesting.

Question 5
Please tell us your impressions and thoughts about the events that touched your heart in this past year. Please include your recollections of Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamatsu, who passed away, your thoughts as an elder brother about Her Imperial Highness Princess Sayako, who is soon to be married, and also about the recent growth of Her Imperial Highness Princess Aiko, who has reached her third birthday.

Answer 5
I was most saddened at the passing of Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamatsu in December last year. From my childhood, Princess Takamatsu was always most kind and after our marriage she would often invite us to her residence, where we would talk about various things, including the old days. She once told us with relish of a story of how shortly after her marriage she visited the United States at the time of Prohibition, where, DURING a banquet she asked President Hoover, “what would you say if I told you that at a luncheon the other day I was served wine?” and President Hoover's laughter in response was reported in the newspapers, because the President was someone who never usually laughed. I shall also never forget how she also told us with the look of a mischievous child, “immediately after that incident I received a rebuke from the Imperial Household Ministry, now the Imperial Household Agency, telling me to 'take caution in what you say.'” Princess Takamatsu was also concerned about Princess Masako's health and she wrote a "waka" poem in celebration of the birth of Princess Aiko. I am most grateful for all her kindnesses.

*Crown Prince Naruhito told about Princess Aiko's future.*

Question 3
An Advisory Council on the Imperial Household Law has been established within the Government to consider measures to maintain a stable line of Imperial succession. The succession of female members of the Imperial Family has been the focus of discussion. Based on these recent developments, please tell us of your intents for the future raising of Her Imperial Highness Princess Aiko and your thoughts on the so-called “succession issue.”

Answer 3
I am aware of the establishment of the Advisory Council on the Imperial Household Law, but I wish to refrain from making any comment, including anything on the “succession issue.”

Concerning our plans for raising Princess Aiko, whatever position the future holds for her, my primary wish is for her to be soundly raised as an individual person. I think that the age of three is an important time that has a bearing on the future process of growth for a child. As her name itself suggests, I would like to see her grow, loving others and being loved by others. It is therefore important for us to raise Princess Aiko with love and affection. Recently I came across a poem. It is entitled “ Children Learn What They Live” by the American educationalist Dorothy Law Nolte, and is included in the social studies textbook in junior high schools in the Kingdom of Sweden:

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.
If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.
If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.
If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.
If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.
If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.
If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.
If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect.
If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

(original English version)

Having a child of my own, I feel most keenly that this poem describes in a wonderfully eloquent way the very important factors in a child's growth process that are yet so easy to forget in today's society, such as the importance of bonds between people, the importance of love for other people and compassion for other people. I was profoundly touched by this poem. I think it would be wonderful for a child to learn such things naturally while growing up in a family, which is the smallest unit of a community.

In addition, I would like to see that Princess Aiko has a variety of experiences. I still believe today that it was good that during my own childhood I was taken to various places by my own parents, now Their Majesties The Emperor and Empress, and I was able to see the things that Their Majesties did. In that sense, although I do not mean to imply that Princess Aiko will begin official duties, I think it is important for her to see us and what we are doing.

As Princess Aiko has turned three years old, I think it is important for her to gain an understanding of socialization in a variety of senses. She is now talking very freely, and I think it is important for her to continue to use greetings and phrases that are in daily use, and which she has already been using, including those used at mealtimes, and also to say “ thank you” when something has been done for her. Happily, Princess Aiko has friends of different ages, and thanks to the guidance of the Rythmique teachers, she is gradually learning about simple rules of daily life, such as how to get in line and wait one’s turn. Over the period from the end of last year to the New Year, we engaged in many activities, such as pounding MOCHI, flying kites, spinning tops, playing HANETSUKI and cards, and also calligraphy practice, with Princess Aiko writing side by side Princess Masako, doing her first calligraphy of the New Year. We did all these things out of a desire for Princess Aiko to come into contact with customs and culture that have been passed down through the ages in Japan. When I was a child I enjoyed playing the card game of the one hundred famous poems with Their Majesties and Princess Masako's parents also played the same game with her, so that during her long period of living overseas she would not forget about Japanese culture. Through nursery rhymes that use a seven/five syllable structure I would like to see Princess Aiko come to understand the rhythm of these poems naturally and be able to play with words using simple seven/five syllable structures. In addition, I feel sad that this kind of valuable Japanese customs are gradually being lost and I sincerely hope that They will continue to be treasured by children for a long time to come.

You can read all here.
http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/press-crown/prince2005.html

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 352
Crown princess to attend Princess Sayako's engagement ceremony

(Kyodo) _ Crown Princess Masako will attend the engagement ceremony of her sister-in-law Princess Sayako on March 19, together with her husband Crown Prince Naruhito, the Imperial Household Agency said Friday.

According to Grand Master of the Crown Prince's Household Hideki Hayashida, Crown Princess Masako has shown willingness to attend the traditional "Nosai no Gi," or ceremonial exchange of betrothal gifts, as it will be a special once-in-lifetime event for Princess Sayako.

In late February, Crown Princess Masako, who has been diagnosed as suffering from an "adjustment disorder," canceled her official trip to Nagano Prefecture for the opening ceremony of the 2005 Special Olympics World Winter Games on the day of departure due to poor health.

She has also decided not to attend the opening ceremony of the World Exposition in Aichi Prefecture later this month.

Princess Sayoko will be formally engaged to Yoshiki Kuroda, a Tokyo metropolitan government employee.

It's great that Princess MAsako is seemly back to her work.We have not seen her on visit for long time.

Polfoto 27-03-2005 Crown Princess Masako, suffering from a stress-related disorder, arrives at Imperial court in Tokyo Sunday, March 27, 2005 to attend a memorial rite to mark 100th day of Princess Kikuko's, emperor's aunt, death. The 41-year-old princess has slowly been recovering from the stress-induced condition. (AP Photo/Kyodo News)

Attachments

• AP894610.jpg
    AP894610.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 467
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom