The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy Birthday to His Royal Higness.Today is his birthday.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 02-23-2005, 03:46 AM
Royal Highness

Happy Birthday and Best Wishes to His Imperial Highness, Crown Prince Naruhito!!:) :)

Old 02-23-2005, 05:37 AM
Serene Highness

Polfoto 22-02-2005 In this handout photo released by the Imperial Household Agency Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005, Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito is seen at his Togu Palace residence in Tokyo Feb. 9, 2005. Naruhito celebrates his 45th birthday on Feb. 23, 2005.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	97274  
Old 02-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Aristocracy

Happy Birthday His Imperial Highness, Crown Prince Naruhito!!

1,Crown Prince Naruhit0 held the press conference.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...e_050223085953

2,Emperor, Empress and her daughter(Prince Naruhit's little sister)
went to The Crown Prince's Residence to attend Crown Prince Naruhito's birthday party.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	97315   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	97323  
Old 02-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

NAGANO, JAPAN - FEBRUARY 26: Japan?s Crown Prince Naruhito arrives at Nagano Station on February 26, 2005 in Nagano, Japan. Naruhito is in Nagano on a two day visit to attend the 2005 Special Olympics World Winter Games that opens today, February 26. Originally it was planned that Japan's Crown Princess Masako would make an official visit but this was cancelled due to an illness. (Photo by Junko Kimura/Getty Images)
NAGANO, JAPAN - FEBRUARY 26: Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito offers his encouragement to the athletes during the opening ceremony of the 2005 Special Olympics World Winter Games on February 26, 2005 in Nagano, Japan. (Photo by Franck Robichon-Pool/Getty Images)

NAGANO, JAPAN - FEBRUARY 26: Crown Prince Naruhito (R) and Eunice Kennedy Shriver, founder of the Special Olympics (L), attend the opening celemony of the Special Olympics on February 26, 2005 in Nagano, Japan.

Source: Getty Images
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JP-52244195.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	99261   Click image for larger version

Name:	JP-52244192.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	99262   Click image for larger version

Name:	JP-52244424.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	99263   Click image for larger version

Name:	JP-52244425.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	99264  

Name:	JP-52244409.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	99265   Click image for larger version

Name:	JP-52244464.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	99266  
Old 02-28-2005, 05:42 AM
Serene Highness

Caption:
NAGANO, JAPAN - FEBRUARY 27: Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito meets smiles to the crowd as he sits next Eunice Kennedy Shriver (L), founder of Special Olympics, to watch a game of hockey at the White Ring arena on February 27, 2005 in Nagano, Japan. Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito is in Nagano on a two day visit to attend the Special Olympics that opened on February 26 and ends on March 5. (Photo by Franck Robichon/Pool/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	100459   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	100460   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	100461   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	100462  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	100463  
Old 03-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Aristocracy

Press Conference by His Imperial Highness The Crown Prince on the Occasion of His Bir

Press Conference by His Imperial Highness The Crown Prince on the Occasion of His Birthday
21 February 2005

Crown Prince Naruhito held the press conference.
I think this episode about Princess Takamatsu is very interesting.

Question 5
Please tell us your impressions and thoughts about the events that touched your heart in this past year. Please include your recollections of Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamatsu, who passed away, your thoughts as an elder brother about Her Imperial Highness Princess Sayako, who is soon to be married, and also about the recent growth of Her Imperial Highness Princess Aiko, who has reached her third birthday.

Answer 5
I was most saddened at the passing of Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamatsu in December last year. From my childhood, Princess Takamatsu was always most kind and after our marriage she would often invite us to her residence, where we would talk about various things, including the old days. She once told us with relish of a story of how shortly after her marriage she visited the United States at the time of Prohibition, where, DURING a banquet she asked President Hoover, “what would you say if I told you that at a luncheon the other day I was served wine?” and President Hoover's laughter in response was reported in the newspapers, because the President was someone who never usually laughed. I shall also never forget how she also told us with the look of a mischievous child, “immediately after that incident I received a rebuke from the Imperial Household Ministry, now the Imperial Household Agency, telling me to 'take caution in what you say.'” Princess Takamatsu was also concerned about Princess Masako's health and she wrote a "waka" poem in celebration of the birth of Princess Aiko. I am most grateful for all her kindnesses.

*Crown Prince Naruhito told about Princess Aiko's future.*

Question 3
An Advisory Council on the Imperial Household Law has been established within the Government to consider measures to maintain a stable line of Imperial succession. The succession of female members of the Imperial Family has been the focus of discussion. Based on these recent developments, please tell us of your intents for the future raising of Her Imperial Highness Princess Aiko and your thoughts on the so-called “succession issue.”

Answer 3
I am aware of the establishment of the Advisory Council on the Imperial Household Law, but I wish to refrain from making any comment, including anything on the “succession issue.”

Concerning our plans for raising Princess Aiko, whatever position the future holds for her, my primary wish is for her to be soundly raised as an individual person. I think that the age of three is an important time that has a bearing on the future process of growth for a child. As her name itself suggests, I would like to see her grow, loving others and being loved by others. It is therefore important for us to raise Princess Aiko with love and affection. Recently I came across a poem. It is entitled “ Children Learn What They Live” by the American educationalist Dorothy Law Nolte, and is included in the social studies textbook in junior high schools in the Kingdom of Sweden:

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.
If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.
If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.
If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.
If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.
If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.
If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.
If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect.
If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

(original English version)

Having a child of my own, I feel most keenly that this poem describes in a wonderfully eloquent way the very important factors in a child's growth process that are yet so easy to forget in today's society, such as the importance of bonds between people, the importance of love for other people and compassion for other people. I was profoundly touched by this poem. I think it would be wonderful for a child to learn such things naturally while growing up in a family, which is the smallest unit of a community.

In addition, I would like to see that Princess Aiko has a variety of experiences. I still believe today that it was good that during my own childhood I was taken to various places by my own parents, now Their Majesties The Emperor and Empress, and I was able to see the things that Their Majesties did. In that sense, although I do not mean to imply that Princess Aiko will begin official duties, I think it is important for her to see us and what we are doing.

As Princess Aiko has turned three years old, I think it is important for her to gain an understanding of socialization in a variety of senses. She is now talking very freely, and I think it is important for her to continue to use greetings and phrases that are in daily use, and which she has already been using, including those used at mealtimes, and also to say “ thank you” when something has been done for her. Happily, Princess Aiko has friends of different ages, and thanks to the guidance of the Rythmique teachers, she is gradually learning about simple rules of daily life, such as how to get in line and wait one’s turn. Over the period from the end of last year to the New Year, we engaged in many activities, such as pounding MOCHI, flying kites, spinning tops, playing HANETSUKI and cards, and also calligraphy practice, with Princess Aiko writing side by side Princess Masako, doing her first calligraphy of the New Year. We did all these things out of a desire for Princess Aiko to come into contact with customs and culture that have been passed down through the ages in Japan. When I was a child I enjoyed playing the card game of the one hundred famous poems with Their Majesties and Princess Masako's parents also played the same game with her, so that during her long period of living overseas she would not forget about Japanese culture. Through nursery rhymes that use a seven/five syllable structure I would like to see Princess Aiko come to understand the rhythm of these poems naturally and be able to play with words using simple seven/five syllable structures. In addition, I feel sad that this kind of valuable Japanese customs are gradually being lost and I sincerely hope that They will continue to be treasured by children for a long time to come.

You can read all here.
http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/press-crown/prince2005.html
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Crown princess to attend Princess Sayako's engagement ceremony

(Kyodo) _ Crown Princess Masako will attend the engagement ceremony of her sister-in-law Princess Sayako on March 19, together with her husband Crown Prince Naruhito, the Imperial Household Agency said Friday.

According to Grand Master of the Crown Prince's Household Hideki Hayashida, Crown Princess Masako has shown willingness to attend the traditional "Nosai no Gi," or ceremonial exchange of betrothal gifts, as it will be a special once-in-lifetime event for Princess Sayako.

In late February, Crown Princess Masako, who has been diagnosed as suffering from an "adjustment disorder," canceled her official trip to Nagano Prefecture for the opening ceremony of the 2005 Special Olympics World Winter Games on the day of departure due to poor health.

She has also decided not to attend the opening ceremony of the World Exposition in Aichi Prefecture later this month.

Princess Sayoko will be formally engaged to Yoshiki Kuroda, a Tokyo metropolitan government employee.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

It's great that Princess MAsako is seemly back to her work.We have not seen her on visit for long time.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Majesty

Polfoto 27-03-2005 Crown Princess Masako, suffering from a stress-related disorder, arrives at Imperial court in Tokyo Sunday, March 27, 2005 to attend a memorial rite to mark 100th day of Princess Kikuko's, emperor's aunt, death. The 41-year-old princess has slowly been recovering from the stress-induced condition. (AP Photo/Kyodo News)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AP894610.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	116905  
Old 03-29-2005, 02:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Mandy.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Haakon's Visit to Togu Palace

Norway's Crown Prince Haakon (R) shakes hands with Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito upon his arrival at the Togu Palace residence in Tokyo April 12, 2005. Crown Prince Haakon is in Japan on a four-day visit. REUTERS/Issei Kato

Norway's Crown Prince Haakon (R) smiles as he is welcomed by Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito upon his arrival at the latter's Togu Palace residence in Tokyo April 12, 2005. Crown Prince Haakon is in Japan on a four-day visit. REUTERS/Issei Kato

Pictures gotten through Yahoo
Old 04-12-2005, 03:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Aiko to join other children outside for music, painting

(Kyodo) _ Princess Aiko, the 3-year-old daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, will join several other children her age for music, art and other activities outside her home every week for about a year from later this month, the Imperial Household Agency said Friday.

The princess, a granddaughter of Emperor Akihito, will join them for about two hours each time twice a week at the National Children's Castle in Tokyo's Shibuya Ward under the plan, intended to promote her healthy growth and give her the experience of being with other people, according to Hideki Hayashida, the grand master of the Crown Prince's Household.

Princess Aiko has been enjoying eurythmics, which combines music and physical exercises, at the Togu Palace in Tokyo's Minato Ward twice a week with some other children her age, along with her mother Crown Princess Masako and the children's parents. At the children's castle, she will be given instruction in working with clay, painting and music, and will also play in a swimming pool. The time devoted to eurythmics at the palace will be reduced, according to the agency.

Provided by Kyodo news
Old 04-12-2005, 04:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

The 2 photos below: Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito makes an opening remarks during the annual Inter-American Development Bank and Inter-American Investment Corporation (IDB-IIC) meeting at Okinawa Convention Center in Ginowan city, Okinawa, southern Japan, Sunday, April 10, 2005. (AP Photo/Katsumi Kasahara)

Photo Below: Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito delivers a speech during the inaugural session of the annual meeting of the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) in Ginowan on the southernmost Japanese island of Okinawa, April 10, 2005. Some 7,000 delegates descended in the city on Sunday, for the regional development bank's first meeting in Japan for 14 years. REUTERS/Issei Kato
Old 04-12-2005, 04:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito (L) sits during a memorial service for Pope John Paul II at St. Mary's Cathedral in Tokyo. Millions of mourners gathered in churches, parks and around television screens across Asia to bid farewell to the pope while his funeral took place in Rome.(AFP/Pool/Eriko Sugita)

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito, representing his father Emperor Akihito of Japan, lays flowers for Pope John Paul II during a Catholic memorial service at St. Mary's Cathedral in Tokyo April 8, 2005. Catholics and those of other religions in Japan joined millions around the world in remembering the Pope. REUTERS/Toshiyuki Aizawa

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito, in formal attire, attends a memorial service for Pope John Paul II at St. Mary's Cathedral in Tokyo April 8, 2005. Catholics and those of other religions in Japan joined millions of others around the world in remembering the Pope. REUTERS/Eriko Sugita

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito bows as he lays flowers for Pope John Paul to pay his respects at a memorial service for the pope at St. Mary's Cathedral in Tokyo Friday, April 8, 2005. Catholics all over the world are mourning the pope who died Saturday at the age of 84.(AP Photo/Eriko Sugita, POOL)

Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito prepares to offer flowers during a mass to mourn the death of Pope John Paul II at St. Mary Cathedral in Tokyo Friday, April 8, 2005. Catholics all over the world are mourning the pope who died Saturday at the age of 84. (AP Photo/Kyodo News)

Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito, center, attends a mass to mourn the death of Pope John Paul II at St. Mary Cathedral in Tokyo Friday, April 8, 2005. Catholics all over the world are mourning the pope who died Saturday at the age of 84. (AP Photo/Kyodo News)
Old 04-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Man arrested for breaking into house of Japanese crown princess's parents

Man arrested for breaking into house of Japanese crown princess's parents
Wed Apr 6, 4:56 AM ET

TOKYO, (AFP) - A Japanese man curious about Crown Princess Masako, the former career diplomat who has withdrawn from public life due to stress, was arrested for breaking into her parents' house, news reports said.

The princess's commoner mother Yumiko Owada stepped briefly out of her home in an upscale Tokyo neighborhood to talk to a neighbor Tuesday evening and returned to find the 26-year-old man in her living room, Jiji Press said.

She called police who arrested the man, who entered through the unlocked main door.

"I wanted to see the house of Crown Princess Masako," the man told police, according to Jiji Press.

The man may be mentally impaired and was employed at a workshop for people with disabilities. Reports said he was making "incomprehensible" statements to police.

Jiji Press said police decided to release him and question him on a voluntary basis because he did not seem able to handle being in police custody.

Police declined to comment on the reports.

Masako's father Hisashi Owada, a former top Japanese diplomat, lives mostly in The Netherlands where he is a judge at the International Court of Justice.

Masako, 41, who spent much of her youth abroad, left her own promising diplomatic career to marry Crown Prince Naruhito in 1993.

She has withdrawn from most public events since December 2003 amid pressure to produce a male heir to the Chrysanthemum Throne and the stress of adapting to the world's oldest monarchy.

Provided by AFP

Old 04-19-2005, 05:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

HELLO Magazine Article: Naruhito Meets Popular Royal Couples Solo
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...rincenaruhito/
Old 04-19-2005, 05:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japanese princess laments brother's complaints of royal life
Mon Apr 18, 4:16 AM ET

TOKYO (AFP) - Japanese Princess Sayako lamented her brother's decision to go public with concerns about the treatment of his stressed wife, saying the controversy has influenced foreign opinion about the royal family.

Crown Prince Naruhito last May took the unprecedented step of telling a press conference that his wife Masako, a Harvard-educated former diplomat, was being stifled and tacitly criticized the royal minders.

The revelation has stirred the royal household, with Prince Akishino in November saying his elder brother should have taken his concerns to their father, Emperor Akihito, and not the media.

Sayako, the youngest of the emperor's children, said she too was "disappointed that there was much speculation not based on facts" after her eldest brother's remarks about her sister-in-law.

In written responses to questions for her 36th birthday, Sayako regretted that "unreasonable criticism toward the emperor and empress also influenced the overseas view of the royal family."

Sayako noted that her mother, Empress Michiko has suffered silently after various events in her life.

Sayako said her mother "had to go through much sadness without depending on others and still she has pain which has not disappeared yet."

Sayako is due to leave the royal household later this year after marrying a commoner, city planner Yoshiki Kuroda.

The crown prince himself has apologized for causing a stir by his initial complaint.

Masako has avoided nearly all public events since December 2003 due to stress. She has been said to have trouble adjusting to the cloistered life of the world's oldest monarchy and is under intense pressure to produce a male heir to the Chrysanthemum Throne.

From AFP
Old 04-19-2005, 05:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Friday April 15, 7:44 PM

Britain's Prince Andrew to visit Japan as Aichi Expo guest

(Kyodo) _ Britain's Prince Andrew will visit Japan from next Tuesday to Saturday to attend the British national day ceremony at the 2005 World Exposition in Aichi Prefecture, the Japanese Foreign Ministry said Friday.

The British national day is next Friday. During his stay, Prince Andrew, the second son of Queen Elizabeth, is also expected to meet Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito, officials said.

Provided by Kyodo News
Old 04-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Various Pics

Various Pics of Crown Prince Naruhito's family
Attached Images

Tags
aiko, crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, masako, naruhito, prince naruhito, princess aiko, princess masako, princess toshi