The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Serene Highness

Crown Prince, devoted husband AND a musician.. what a guy!!!

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito (2nd R) watches conductor Seichi Mituishi (L) as he takes a part in the performance of Johannes Brahms' "Tragic Overture Op.81" during the Gakushuin OB (Old Boy) Orchestra's 49th concert at the Gakushuin University in Tokyo, 04 July 2004.

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito © plays the violin as he performs Johannes Brahms' "Tragic Overture Op.81"

Old 07-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Naruhito gets my award for "Best husband". During the pressconferention you could see he is devoted to his wife and really loves her and that he is very concerned about her.

Old 07-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Nobility

I am totally impressed with him! He looks totally realxed and happy playing with the orchestra and the other gentlemen..I wonder if little Aiko will like music as much as her father....:)
Old 07-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness

My sentiments exactly. :flower:
Old 07-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jul 4th, 2004 - 10:28 am
Naruhito gets my award for "Best husband". During the pressconferention you could see he is devoted to his wife and really loves her and that he is very concerned about her.
totally true...

he has behaved so correctly with his wife! masako must be proud of him.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Nobility

Yes, he seems like a great husband..To stand by his wife the way he did.. Here is to hoping that everything will be much better for them soon.. No pressures...
Old 07-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Aristocracy

It is so lame that Aiko can not be the throne. seriously, What`s so big deal about being men? they do not bear children, they do not feel as much as us, they do lot more aweful things(rape, violence, philandering...more male, less female in those sectors)...Japan as a whole is just too damn conservative, in terms of male-dominant society. Wake up, smell the coffee! how can one of the wolrd`s stongerst economy laying under the system which punishes such an outstanding woman like Masako? She is real, she has a class, she has a good heart(I think people sense that), she is worldly, and she is brainy. What more can they expect? If anything, she has got a lot to teach to the fellow countymen. Good that Aiko was born. I think some undeniable forces are telling us that it is Aiko`s destiny to rescue the nation from not being able to catch up with the rest of the world!
Old 07-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Aristocracy

I recently met an Japanese man( no overseras education) on the plane. The guy was about 40. I asked what he thought about Msako. He said, "well, she cannot bear another children, Aiko is not a boy, she is 40 already-very old lady. maybe CP naruhito should have married a younger girl who is not so eager to leave the homeland as much as possible, since she is the CP of Japan? Wish she learns to appreciate what her country offeres her..." and this guy was about the same age as Masako!

No wonder why so many good Japanese girls aboard :(
Old 07-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

After reading all of the posts I feel so sad. Poor CP Masako. I couldn’t even imagine what it would be like with someone telling you, ‘you can’t do that’ or ‘you must do this’ all the time. And there’s nothing she can do about it either. She must feel so trapped and alone. Is there any way she can leave or escape?

You think about all the other royal families and how they are allowed to go overseas and go on holidays together but they [Masako and Naruhito] can’t do any of that. It’s just so sad.

D :flower:

Old 07-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Courtier

CP Masako: Depression

I just read an asian newspaper article saying that some members of the royal court wants Crown Pricness Masako be separated from CP Naruhito because she's not able to produce a male heir. Also...according to the article...if CP Masako cannot recover from her depression in 5-10 years..she's not suitable to be the future Empress of Japan, so they think that the CP couple should divorce now..

But I believe that CP Naruhito would not divorce with CP Masako..or else he wouldn't get into a public arguement with the royal court not so long ago
Old 07-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Courtier

What an atrocious sentiment! If I were a member of the Japanese Royal Court I'd be ashamed and embarassed of myself.

To demand that the Crown Prince divorce his wife because she is not only depressed but because she cannot produce a male heir is so absurd and lacking in feeling or empathy that I cannot believe any human being in this world would publicly voice this. The royal court should consider that the reason behind Masako's severe depression is because of the tremendous pressure being placed upon her to produce a son -- much of that pressure coming from the Royal Court itself.

I guess the many years Masako has put into representing Japan very well abroad and at home and bringing to the country a beautiful, healthy daughter is apparently not enough and futile on Masako's part.

What about the miscarriage she suffered and no doubt the years of private pain and agony and frustration Masako endured in trying to conceive a child in the first place.

The Japanese Royal Court seems to be the most unfeeling, unsympathetic royal household around. Most royal courts --witness Denmark and Spain's help to their new Crown Princesses-- seem to go out of their way to support and protect their royals, but I guess this is not the case in Japan. If that is the case then they are not worthy of someone as educated, intelligent and kind-hearted and hard working as Masako.

Old 07-18-2004, 11:43 PM
Courtier

if i remembered it correctly...it's the Crown Princes who has a low sperm count or something ....that's why CP Masako cannot produce a male heir...not her fault!
Old 07-19-2004, 04:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by bigheadshirmp@Jul 18th, 2004 - 10:43 pm
if i remembered it correctly...it's the Crown Princes who has a low sperm count or something ....that's why CP Masako cannot produce a male heir...not her fault!
Good point!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Aristocracy

Could someone please provide a source or a confirmation from the Imperial/Royal House. I am finding this hard to Believe.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Gentry

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...9/japanroyals/
Old 07-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

:(
Old 07-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Gentry

I hope they don't get a divorce over this baby thing.I know heirs are really important, but there is no need to break up a family over it. :(
Old 07-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness

The situation is ridiculous. All because a bunch of old gray men are stuck in the traditonal pre-historic ways
Old 07-20-2004, 07:43 AM
Courtier

someone should just shoot those stuffy old cave men dead

This is an intellgent, beautiful, gifted woman who cld truely be the best asset the royal house has and this is what they do to her!

Really they shld wake up and smell the coffee...what's wrong to hve a woman at the throne, afterall most of the other royal houses hve a queen at the throne.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:38 PM

I have been reading some news articles on the web and it is a curiously sad situation for Masako and Naruhito. The point that alot of these articles make is that the Imperial Household Agency has the right to call the shots where the Imperial family is concerned. The Imperial Family, I beleive, has no major fortune and their lives are strictly guided by the IHA. This is all the way down to appointments, budgets, appearances and the like.

A lot of people have made a lot of arguements for the young couple. I am in agreement. I think that Masako is good for Naruhito and I think that he is trying to change things in the IHA. But as the articles I have had access to seem to imply he is effectvely "being shut down" by the IHA and it is they who are now making "suggestive leaks" to the international press about Masako's fitness as amother and a future empress.

Another point that these articles make, rightly or wrongly, is that Princess Aiko should not be Empress because inheritance has been through the make line for centuries and that if a female Empress were on the throne, a male family could make a power play through Aiko and take over the throne. This is thought to not want to happen because the IHA wants to preserve the "powerbase" of a patriachal line.

This is how I see it: the IHA is a controlling bunch of old men stuck in tradition bound ways. Japan is a modern society BUT it has to want to change. Supposedly 80 % of the population are very sympathetic to the young couple. I think that it will take a lot of time to change the hidebound traditional IHA.

Japan is WAY behind the UK in that they are comparing Masako to Princess Di.
Diana had a chance to move around and think for herself and remove herself from the situation. The UK responded because the people made their wishes know. Japan is very traditional and it will take quite a revolutionary way of thinking to change the Imperial Family as it is now.

Besides, I can't see Masako leaving her daughter. As a mother, I know I couldn't leave my children.

Thanks,

Have a great day. Linda :flower:

Tags
aiko, crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, masako, naruhito, prince naruhito, princess aiko, princess masako, princess toshi