Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako: Current Events Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to Part 2 of Crown Prince Naruhito's & Crown Princess Masako's current events.

The last thread can be found here.

Please review the the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines before making your first post.

Happy posting!

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako wave to well-wishers as their daughter Princess Aiko holds Masako's hand upon arriving at Nasushiobara station, north of Tokyo, 24 July 2006. The family are off to spend their summer vacation at a highland imperial villa

from getty, yahoo/ap and reuters

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 490
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 360
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 588
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 530
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 532
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 589
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 567
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 504
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 544
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
More photos of the family from July 24, 2006.

#1: FNN news
#2: NNN news
#3: TBS news
#4: TVBS news
#5-6: Reuters
#7-8: Profimedia
#9: Mainichi news
#10: www.yuko2ch.net

2006072400000964fnnsocithumb000jl5.jpg
2006072400000059nnnsocithumb001fz8.jpg

aj100920060724225356ur1.jpg

r3623700899hi5.th.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all ! Aiko looks pretty.Thank you all for the pictures and news.

Princess Aiko is so cute, and it's really happy to see Crown Princess Masako has the spirit.

Aiko has such adorable, grown-up outfits. Always a cardigan.....:D

Thank you for the latest pics..... Aiko looks adorable (as always) and..... um, so serious. And Masako definitely looks much better during the last few months. :)

Thank you for the pics too. Aiko is very beautiful and adorable! (as always) ;)

Thanks for the photos of the family. Masako is indeed looking great and Aiko is growing-up fast. For a little girl, she seems to be very serious; but I like very much the serenity that she exudes.

aiko

i have never seen Aiko laughing. What a sad girl.

Japan's crown princess to take rare overseas holiday
Japan's Princess Masako will visit the Netherlands next month (August 2006) with her husband and daughter, a rare overseas holiday many see is aimed at helping her recover from mental illness caused by the stress of royal life.
She will be accompanied by her doctor on the Aug 17 to 31 trip, the Imperial Household Agency said on Friday (July 28, 2006)...................
http://www.thesundaily.com/article.cfm?id=14928

Japan: royal family to take summer vacation in Netherlands
............They will stay in a palace in the city of Apeldoorn, outside Amsterdam, Japanese media reported..................During their stay in the Netherlands, the family will meet with Queen Beatrix and other Dutch royals before returning home on Aug. 31, according to palace officials................
http://english.pravda.ru/news/world/28-07-2006/83609-Japan-0

Yes it is true..she almost never smile....but she look very sweet anyway..:)

I wish them all the best, no matter of fact what the future'll bring:)

Just wanna say that PA is so adorable - she's going to grow up to be a real beauty IMO.

I agree, Aiko is just to cute, and hopefully will turn out into a beauty like her mother or grand mother. BTW does anybody know what Aiko means?

Marengo said:
I agree, Aiko is just to cute, and hopefully will turn out into a beauty like her mother or grand mother. BTW does anybody know what Aiko means?

Aiko means "lovechild" in Japanese. The name was chosen by her parents instead of the Emperor.

Aiko is the very image of her dad... IMHO, I doubt if she would look like her mom or the Empress (I assume the grandmother you speak of here is her paternal grandmother, or is it?), but she will grow up to be beautiful anyhow. :)

I can't wait for Aiko to meet Amalia and Alexia! Hope the 3 little girls get to be friends.

Sometimes, little boys and girls are serious and there is nothing wrong with them. They are just like this. Other children are more smiling. I do not know why.

I think we discussed the same issue about Froilan and Victoria Federika, Infanta Helena the Borbon's children. They seem not only to be serious, but they seems to be pouting, as if they were ready to begin to cry. Princess Aiko is indeed a serious little girl, but at least, she seems not always near to burst into tears...She is adorable! :)

And yes...I would like she met Princess Catharina-Amalia and Alexia! They could be very good friends, for sure!

Vanesa.

:eek: :eek: :eek: I think that aiko knows that she is special ( royalty ) and hates the press allready ( Hihihi)

dutch royal said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: I think that aiko knows that she is special ( royalty ) and hates the press allready ( Hihihi)

That's a thought. :) Anyhow, you can see her waving at times to the press even if she almost never smiles at them. Prince Naruhito once said that little Aiko felt bad for all the people (press) standing out in the cold so she waved her stuffed toy's paw at them. But yes, the younger imperial princesses (with the exception of Princess Tsuguko) seem to be quite reserved in public; they seldom smile.

Last edited:
is it me or does aiko seem quite tired in those pics?

monica17 said:
That's a thought. :) Anyhow, you can see her waving at times to the press even if she almost never smiles at them. Prince Naruhito once said that little Aiko felt bad for all the people (press) standing out in the cold so she waved her stuffed toy's paw at them. But yes, the younger imperial princesses (with the exception of Princess Tsuguko) seem to be quite reserved in public; they seldom smile.

So, this little sweet girl feel sad for people who is standing out in the cold just to see their Imperial Family? She is really a dear...Even if she doesn't smile. She is an angel!

Vanesa.:wub:

Vanesa said:
So, this little sweet girl feel sad for people who is standing out in the cold just to see their Imperial Family? She is really a dear...Even if she doesn't smile. She is an angel!

Vanesa.:wub:

That's right on! It was during the past New Year's celebrations and the Crown Prince family were on their way to the Imperial Palace to greet the Emperor and Empress. Prince Naruhito shared this during a press conference in February/March.

I think Aiko does not smile because she is impressed of the press. I must not be easy to have lots of photographers in front of you! Perhaps she is shy. By the way, she is very cute!

Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako visited the "Africa Remix" Exhibition at the Mori Art Musem on Aug. 8, 2006.

Aiko is very cute but i have never seen she laughing. I hope she become a pretty girl like her mother hihi...

Crown prince family greets emperor, empress ahead of trip to Holland

(Kyodo) _ Crown Prince Naruhito, his wife Princess Masako and their only child Princess Aiko greeted Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko on Sunday ahead of their departure for the Netherlands for a two-week summer rest.

Crown Prince Naruhito and his family arrived at the Imperial Palace just past 11:30 a.m. They had lunch with the emperor and empress and stayed there until around 2 p.m.

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060813/kyodo/d8jfcjuo0.html

a picture from AP (via yahoo)

24gol4x.jpg

Last edited:
Photo of the Crown Prince family entering the Imperial Palace on Aug. 13, 2006, to greet the Emperor and Empress prior to their departure for the Netherlands.

#1: ANN news

Crown prince, princess leave for 2-week rest in Netherlands
.....................This is the first time that a member of the imperial family has gone abroad to recuperate.
The crown prince, 46, and the crown princess, 42, last traveled overseas together in December 2002 on an official visit to New Zealand and Australia. This foreign trip is the first for their 4-year-old daughter. After arriving in Amsterdam on a Japan Airlines plane, the family will travel by car to Apeldoorn in the eastern Netherlands, where they will stay at a castle as guests of the Dutch royal family........................
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060817/kyodo/d8jhukl00.html

Japan's stressed princess seeks respite in Netherlands
Masako, wearing a beige jacket, flew from Narita airport near Tokyo accompanied by her husband, Crown Prince Naruhito, and their four-year-old daughter, Princess Aiko, who sported a pink dress and carried a brown basket.................."It is a very private visit," a palace official said on customary condition of anonymity. "They will meet Queen Beatrix and Crown Prince Willem Alexander, but other than that no itinerary has been set up."
The family plans to stay at a remote palace in Apeldoorn, a suburb of Amsterdam, accompanied by 11 attendants including Masako's doctor Yutaka Ono.
The party is as small as possible because the family is financing the visit with its own money. The royal family flew by commercial airplane....................."I think Queen Beatrix was worried about Masako," Toshiya Matsuzaki, a journalist closely watching the Japanese imperial family, said in a television interview.
The Aera weekly noted that Dutch Crown Princess Maxima visited Japan last year to attend the World Exposition when she was eight months pregnant -- which would never be allowed for a woman in the Japanese imperial family.
"Crown Princess Maxima enjoys such liberty," Aera wrote, quoting a Dutch journalist. "Some sources say Maxima asked (the queen) to invite Masako" after seeing her in Tokyo.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060817/en_afp/japannetherlandsroyalpeople_060817090012

Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, accompanied by their daughter Prince Aiko, leave New Tokyo International Airport in Narita, Japan August 17, 2006. The royal family departed for the Netherlands on a two-week holiday tour.
#1: JIJI press
#2-5: Polfoto
#6: Profimedia
#7: www.yuko2ch.net

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom