The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 03:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
Her way of smiling is saying how well she is now. I can see her happy again. God for the Crownprincesse!
IMHO it was the birth of Kiko's son which took away the pressure from Masako and gave her the feeling that now she can relax as the future of the Imperial family is secured. I was never sure she wished for Aiko to become empress, knowing as she does how hard a job this is and how difficult it would be for Aiko to find a suitable and lovable husband. Now there's a new prince and the Naruhito-family can finally start to enjoy life. Masako can now going about her public duties with the knowledge that this is something she is good in and can enjoy as a former diplomat, without the fear that people look down on her because she was the reason for the Imperial family crisis. That's good for her and I'm sure we'll see a wonderful CP emerge from the shadows.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:18 AM
Commoner

I really would like to know what masako thinks......

I just hope they are happy

Old 10-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oct. 26, 2006.
Japan's Crown Princess Masako and Crown Prince Naruhito at the Nara National Museum in Nara, western Japan, Thursday, Oct. 26, 2006. Masako, recovering from a stress-induced illness, attended an exhibition of imperial treasures at the museum, marking her first official out-of-town trip in nearly a year and a half.
#1,4-5: Polfoto
#2: FNN news
#3: JIJI press
#6: Mainichi news
#7: TVBS news

Video (will expire soon)
FNN news- http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/c...1&media=wm300k
TBS news- http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/c...1&media=wm300k

Website about the exhibition the crown prince couple are visiting
http://www.narahaku.go.jp/exhib/2006...hosoin-1_e.htm
Old 10-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Courtier

Thanks, mandyy!

Anyone can see that Masako is getting better and can slowly return to her official duties. I think it is sweet of the Crown Prince to accompany her or to have agreed to make a joint appearance.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 10-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
Crown Prince Naruhito teams up with world No. 1 Federer
....Federer visited the crown prince's residence and paired off with Emperor Akihito's eldest son to play a doubles match for about two hours, agency officials said.
Courtside spectators included the crown prince's wife, Crown Princess Masako, and their 4-year-old daughter Princess Aiko. The imperial family members and Federer later had sandwiches and enjoyed a chat. "It will be a nice memory," an agency official quoted the crown prince as saying afterward, but the agency did not give the result of the match.....
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/061005/kyodo/d8kiepjg0.html
A vivid description by Federer himself:

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/roger...fm?uNewsID=419
Old 11-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
Visit to Japan by H.E. Mr. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, President of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea

October 27, 2006
1. H.E. Mr. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, President of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea, and the First Lady will visit Japan from October 30 (Mon) to November 1 (Wed) at the invitation of the Government of Japan.

2.During his stay, President Obiang Nguema will be received by His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince and have a summit meeting with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. He is also scheduled to meet with Mr. Yohei Kono, Speaker of the House of Representatives, and have various talks with those in economic circles.

3.It is expected that the visit to Japan by President Obiang Nguema and the First Lady will further enhance the friendly relations between the two countries. This will be the President's first visit to Japan.

from MOFA
Photo from Mainichi news of their meeting on Nov. 1st together with Princess Masako

Video from NNN news (will expire soon)
Very happy to see her back welcoming her guests at the entrance of Togu Palace. It has been almost 4 years ever since she welcomed guest at the entrance of Togu Palace in front of reporters. She made her last appearance welcoming Prince Laurent of Belgium back in 2003.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Aristocracy

Glad to see Princess Masako perform Royal Duty again. I hope she will get better and better each day. i like the firts pic showing Masako talked with Naruhito. So sweet... Great couple :)
Old 11-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Gentry

Imperial Household Agency protests against weekly magazine article

Kyodo via Yahoo! Asia News - Nov 13 5:46 AM

_ The Imperial Household Agency lodged a protest against the editorial department of a weekly magazine Monday for publishing an article that said Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako considered abdication from the imperial household registry.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh this is wonderful that she's already performing a royal duty. She looks so much better too. I think that vacation did her a lot of good.
I think Japan is really lucky in having both Masako and Kiko in the royal family. They have the best of both worlds... Masako who represents the modern type of women and Kiko who represents the traditional type of role for women. So in a way it's a (balanced) representation of Japan's whole society.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I don't think that Princess Masako should be presented as "the modern one" and then "the good girl of the movie", and Princess Kiko should be showed as "the traditional one", so "the evil, the dark woman of the movie". "Modern" and "Traditionalist" are not characteristics "good" or "evil" per se. They are only adjectives who says just what they says. Sometimes, being "Modern" could be negative (at least for me) in some aspects, and to be "Traditionalist" could also be a bad thing in certain context. All depends of WHAT we are discussing.

There are modern things who are possitive and other modern things very negative. We can say the same about traditions. Modern things makes a country go ahead, but traditions are the ones who made a country to have its own personality. And without personality, anyone can go ahead. So, I like both women, Crownprincess Masako and Princess Kiko. I'm very happy seeing the first one so jolly and accomplishing her official duties again.

Vanesa.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Thumbs up

I agree that there is no reason to make this into "Masako vs. Kiko" and to make one seem better than the other. I just think that with her background and education that Masako should be permitted a little more freedom and a chance to show her abilities for the enhancement of Japan. Maybe a role like that of Rania of Jordan who has really come onto the world stage as an advocate and activist for so many worthy causes. Again, not saying that Kiko is a "lesser" star in any way.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito plays the viola at a regular orchestra concert by the alumni of Gakushuin University in Tokyo, 03 December 2006. Crown Prince Naruhito with orchestra members, conducted by Kazuo Fukuda, performed orchestra arranged screen music at the concert.

Princess Masako also attended the concert.

Photos from Profimedia

Article from HELLO
Crown Prince Naruhito proved he has many strings to his bow as he took part in an orchestral concert on Monday. An accomplished musician, the Japanese royal was taking part in a musical performance by the alumni of his former university....
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ince-naruhito/
Old 12-27-2006, 02:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat
Oh this is wonderful that she's already performing a royal duty. She looks so much better too. I think that vacation did her a lot of good.
I think Japan is really lucky in having both Masako and Kiko in the royal family. They have the best of both worlds... Masako who represents the modern type of women and Kiko who represents the traditional type of role for women. So in a way it's a (balanced) representation of Japan's whole society.
I think the traditional label is quite unfair to Kiko. Princess Kiko has a PHD in psychology, and she finished her schooling after she married the Princess, this is something most Japanese women don't do. They don't go back to school after they are married. So Princess Kiko seems fairly modern to me.

I also remember reading somewhere that Princess Masako is actually more conservative than people give her credit for being. We don't know this label, and I think the traditional/modern thing is to make people root for one side over the other...... Younger women root for Masako she's modern like you etc... Older woman root for Kiko she's more traditional like you..
Old 12-31-2006, 04:08 AM
Aristocracy
Picture of the Month Representative – Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee
Imperial Household Agency protests against weekly magazine article

Kyodo via Yahoo! Asia News - Nov 13 5:46 AM

_ The Imperial Household Agency lodged a protest against the editorial department of a weekly magazine Monday for publishing an article that said Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako considered abdication from the imperial household registry.
There would be a lot more freedom for the CP couple. However I dont think the IHA would let the CP coulpe leave with Aiko-sama just like that even though they dont think that highly of the litle princess and her parents.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

I'm reading Ben Hills' book about Princess Masako, and I must say, the more I read, the more I loathe the IHA. These people are just awful.

I pity poor Prince Hisahito- it will be a miracle if this boy ever finds a woman actually willing to marry him, what with the requirements of the IHA and the knowledge that marrying into the Imperial Family can be destructive to a woman's physical & mental health. Two generations of the Japanese people have now watched two women be severely damaged by marriage to the Crown Prince (Empress Michiko & now Crown Princess Masako)- mainly at the hands of the IHA [though in Michiko's case she also had to deal with the mother-in-law from hell, Empress Nagako] I can only hope that after seeing what these two women have had to endure people will steer their daughters clear of any entanglements with the Imperial Family.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako leaving Togu Palace to greet the Emperor and Empress at the Imperial Palace on New Years day.

Photo from JIJI press

Beautiful photo of Masako with her tiara
Old 01-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Masako recive a new tiara?

Btw. She looks beautiful
Old 01-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

i agree with magnik

CP Masako looks more beautiful on their tiara its second tiara?
Old 01-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
i agree with magnik

CP Masako looks more beautiful on their tiara its second tiara?
I just check hat this new tiara is the Diamond Halo Tiara. This tiara in the shape of a halo was worn by the empress Michiko when she was still the crown princess. The tiara hasn't been seen since.
http://www.mag-nolia.tmfweb.nl/Japan/Japan.htm#Tiara
Old 01-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

Masako looks lovely in the new tiara. I hope that 2007 will bring her closer to a full recovery.

Tags
crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, masako, naruhito, prince naruhito, princess masako