Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako current events 5: Dec. 2008- Dec. 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
The IHA does not need any spin or PR campaigns. So any posts in favour or against the IHA are just a futile exercise in eloquence. It is impossible for us to know what the real state of affairs is. The Agency is highly effective and does not do stupid things like its European counterparts.

On a different note, an obvious increase in Crown Princess Masako's public appearances may indicate significant improvement in health.

Last edited:
I do not think that either of the above posters are saying anything particularly out of turn. The whole situation with regard to the IHA and Crown Princess Masako is extremely complex and the very fact that we know so little of the situation makes it difficult to judge the situation other than what we instinctively feel or, in my case, wish. All we know is that CP Masako has had an "adjustment disorder" and no one is any the wiser as to what exactly that means. Is it depression caused by a restrictive lifestyle? Is it anxiety caused by pressure to produce an male heir? Is it an inherent form of illness we know nothing about?

The fact is, we do not know the full story and it it would be a dreadful shame if people fell out over something they do not know the full details of!

The last years have been awful for me, because I love the Japanese Imperial Family to bits and I have missed Masako dreadfully, worrying about her, concerned for her welfare, health and mental stability. I have hoped and prayed that the IHA were treating her well, looking after her, stepping back and allowing her to breath and have time and save to get better.

I even had this insane idea that Masako should have known what it would be like to be a member of the Imperial family and should have refused marriage to CP Naruhito!
Because of the negative views of the IHA, I worry about Empress Masako endlessly and hope she is as happy as ever she will be.

Ignorant of the truth can be bliss, but it can also be hell!

Anyway, what Chubb Fuddler says is positive, encouraging and helpful to everyone to try and work out what is going and how things currently are with Masako and for that I thank him heartily! She seems fitter, healthier and happier and the possibility that she and the IHA are working better together is great!

The IHA exist, always have done and always will do. I can give no comfort to SElizabeth in this matter, suffice to say that CP Masako has stayed with her husband, has had a beautiful daughter and appears to be getting better. She appears to be getting more support and understanding from the IHA - I don't know how they have handled all this or whether what we hear is true or not or how ill she was or anything. It is one of those rare situations where we can only hope for the good.

The IHA does not need any spin or PR campaigns. So any posts in favour or against the IHA are just a futile exercise in eloquence. The Agency is highly effective and does not do stupid like its European counterparts.

On a different note, an obvious increase in Crown Princess Masako's public appearances may indicate significant improvement in health.

You know I was just about to say that the Imperial Family could always have the British Royal family's advisors - I'm not sure it would have been been much help to Masako though - and the British press certainly wouldn't!

I say three cheers to Masako!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
To borrow some words from Churchill, my impression is that the IHA and their dealings with the Imperial Family are "an enigma wrapped in a mystery." We will likely never know the true extent of CP Masako's illness or all the details of her dealing with her in-laws and the IHA. However, I am pleased that she's able now to make some more appearances. I don't expect she'll ever be as public as the Crown Princesses in Europe, because that isn't how the Imperial Family does things. My only hope is that she'll be well enough to carry on her role as Empress when that time comes. With her knowledge of languages and her sympathy, I think that she will fulfill the role well as long as she maintains her health.:flowers:

The IHA does not need any spin or PR campaigns. So any posts in favour or against the IHA are just a futile exercise in eloquence. It is impossible for us to know what the real state of affairs is. The Agency is highly effective and does not do stupid things like its European counterparts.

Thank you and your so right. I got my opinion from a book on PM that I read, and from someone who has extensive knowledge on the IRF and from the fact that her husband once came out and said something in a form of a complaint that his wife I think had a very hard time because of them. I also read somewhere (?) that the Empress during her early years had suffered from depression because of IHA. Yes the are very effective and it shows in how they treat royal ladies, like the Empress and Crown Princess Masako which is very sad indeed. I would rather have a few mistakes in life as mistakes are part of life, then someone who is seen having a hard time because of men in gray suits(that is my term for IHA). No more complaints from me, they have their fans and I sure am not one of them. :)

I do not think that either of the above posters are saying anything particularly out of turn. The whole situation with regard to the IHA and Crown Princess Masako is extremely complex and the very fact that we know so little of the situation makes it difficult to judge the situation other than what we instinctively feel or, in my case, wish. All we know is that CP Masako has had an "adjustment disorder" and no one is any the wiser as to what exactly that means. Is it depression caused by a restrictive lifestyle? Is it anxiety caused by pressure to produce an male heir? Is it an inherent form of illness we know nothing about?

The fact is, we do not know the full story and it it would be a dreadful shame if people fell out over something they do not know the full details of!

The last years have been awful for me, because I love the Japanese Imperial Family to bits and I have missed Masako dreadfully, worrying about her, concerned for her welfare, health and mental stability. I have hoped and prayed that the IHA were treating her well, looking after her, stepping back and allowing her to breath and have time and save to get better.

I even had this insane idea that Masako should have known what it would be like to be a member of the Imperial family and should have refused marriage to CP Naruhito!
Because of the negative views of the IHA, I worry about Empress Masako endlessly and hope she is as happy as ever she will be.

Ignorant of the truth can be bliss, but it can also be hell!

Anyway, what Chubb Fuddler says is positive, encouraging and helpful to everyone to try and work out what is going and how things currently are with Masako and for that I thank him heartily! She seems fitter, healthier and happier and the possibility that she and the IHA are working better together is great!

The IHA exist, always have done and always will do. I can give no comfort to SElizabeth in this matter, suffice to say that CP Masako has stayed with her husband, has had a beautiful daughter and appears to be getting better. She appears to be getting more support and understanding from the IHA - I don't know how they have handled all this or whether what we hear is true or not or how ill she was or anything. It is one of those rare situations where we can only hope for the good.

No one will truly know what goes on behind closed doors and those doors at the palace are locked tight by IHA. What I find very sad is the fact that since she has been married she has not used her intelligence/career to the benefit of the royal family not Japan. She almost disappeared from view except those reports that she had a *adjustment disorder* which a friend in the mental health area here in the US said it was just depression. Depression was not something that she seemed to have before she married the prince and living in a controlled society and your every move watched can take the spirit out of either a man or woman. I believe she loves her husband and would never leave him for they have a beautiful daughter together and I bet that is the most important thing in the world to them.
Regardless of what happened to bring her out....it is truly delightful and a joy to see. She is a beautiful lady with a great smile. I just wish the very best for her and am thrilled that she is surviving , shows she is one strong woman like the Queen of the Netherlands whom is her friend.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako viewed the exhibition "Higashiyama Kaii and Four Seasons in Japan" at the Yamatane Museum of Art in Tokyo today, January 19:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Happy to see her. I wonder who decide her attendings? Herself, She and her husband, the Emperor ?

Happy to see her. I wonder who decide her attendings? Herself, She and her husband, the Emperor ?

No, they have nothing to say unfortunately.
They are the Grey men in the Royal Household.
BYe Bine

Interesting answer Bine, but I am french spreaking, what do you mean by Grey Man???

United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and his wife were received by Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako for a meeting at Togu Palace on March 16, 2015.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Good to see the Crown Princely couple on duty together. Thank you.:flowers:

You're welcome, Mermaid1962! :flowers:

Yesterday, March 23, Naruhito, Masako and Aiko were pictured departing for Nagano:

** Pic **

On May 3rd Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko were pictured at JR Utsunommiya Station on their way to the Goryo Bokujo, the Imperial Stock Farm.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Eeek! Aiko's white socks are back!!! To my western eyes, this is a little-girl's look; and Aiko isn't a little girl anymore.:ohmy:

It is all right for Japanese girls to wear knee-high socks and ankle socks until they graduate a school. So I have been told. :flowers:

I wore knee-socks until I was in junior high, but I've never liked wearing anklets since the time I could decide to wear knee-socks instead. ;) I have a pleasant memory of a pair of lilac-coloured, lacy cotton knee-socks that I wore with a matching floral dress when I was about 10 years old. Girls here are more apt to wear opaque or sheer hose when they wear skirts. It's a cultural thing, I guess. Socks or any length are more apt to be worn under trousers. I still wear them for that purpose.:flowers:

May 25, 2015 - Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako visit the 'Musee du Louvre. Peinture de genre. Scenes de la vie quotidienne.' exhibition at the National Art Center, Tokyo on May 25, 2015 in Tokyo, Japan.

Pictures

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako viewed the Great Amazon exhibition at the National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo yesterday, June 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako viewed the Great Amazon exhibition at the National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo yesterday, June 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Masako is slowly but surely participating in many events and is being seen looking happy and at peace. Good for her!

I think that is the most relaxed the Crown Princess has looked for a long time. Here's a photo I took of the Crown Princess in 2011 at the Imperial Palace for the Emperor's Birthday. You can really see how much better she looks now. It was announced during the week that she will accompany the Crown Prince to Nukuʻalofa for the coronation of the King of Tonga on 4 July, so that is another good sign.

Crown Princess Masako's Condition Improves

Attachments

• Japan - Crown Princess Masako.jpg
    Japan - Crown Princess Masako.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 878
Great news, let's hope things continue on the upside for her. She's been through a lot.

I think that is the most relaxed the Crown Princess has looked for a long time. Here's a photo I took of the Crown Princess in 2011 at the Imperial Palace for the Emperor's Birthday. You can really see how much better she looks now. It was announced during the week that she will accompany the Crown Prince to Nukuʻalofa for the coronation of the King of Tonga on 4 July, so that is another good sign.

Crown Princess Masako's Condition Improves
Thanks for sharing the link! :flowers:
It is welcome news that Crown Princess Masako is on a steady path to recovery. I am looking forward to seeing her at the coronation in Tonga.

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako visited the child-raising support center 'Yuttarino' in Tokyo today, June 16:

** gettyimages gallery **

I'm so pleased to know that CP Masako is continuing to improve, even to the extent that she's making a foreign visit.:flowers:

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako departed from Tokyo today, July 2nd, to attend the coronation of King Tupou VI.

** gettyimages gallery **

So glad she has improved so much and is able to make a foreign visit. I didn't know this good news

:previous:Yes, CP Masako has ever so slowly been stepping up her public appearances. Her increasing number of overseas trips are especially encouraging.

I am excited that she seems to be steadily improving because it's really tragic that this immensely talented woman hasn't been able to live out her full potential. Also it's so sad to see her devoted husband attending weddings, enthronements all on his own.:sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom