The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Masako has been sitting in the classroom for an entire year?
That does seem very strange! Doesn't the school object?
What explanation has been given for this?

(I would think that her parents would prefer a private tutor for Aiko, rather than have her mother constantly at school. Or would that cause criticism?)
I think I read on Princess Aiko's thread that she had started to walk home alone (although doesn't she have bodyguards?) in the afternoons and I presumed things were getting back to normal. I guess someone from Japan would know more about the situation.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Gentry

This year the only time she went back home alone was when her mother the CP Masako had PTA. So she went back home by walking. I think 10 minutes at most. Otherwise she goes to the school by car with her mother and she is coming back home with her mother most time by car and a few times by walking. Also last year she went back home alone once which caused little confusion for SP. And this goes to her school trip as well. CP Masako accompanied her daughter and went to the fish cake company school visit which takes much more preparation because she is after all the Crown Princess. Again also it caused some questions to her duties. If CP Masako can visit the places why not her official duties. Same goes to her private outings, why not the official duties but she can go out. Not once but so many private outings compare to her official duties to meet even at her home.

Japanese people would like to hear from her doctor directly at the press conference rather than sjust letter that CP Masako willing to release on her birthday. Any other royal family member have a illness we often hear from their doctor at the press conference right away and it is always very clear to people now.

Last night there was an official announcement that the Emperor will undergo medical test for his heart after going through his yearly physical test the doctors found some problem. We wish him full recovery soon.

The Emperor and Empress, they are deeply concerned about the family of CP prince and princess as well as their grand daughter. As you can read this above statement.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Gentry

Last month when the magazine mentioned that the CP Masako eagerly wanted to go to the wedding of Prince William and Kate. The Japanese people were surprised how she can do this trip to England. In the past 7 years she is not able to carry her other very simple official duties at even home.

I think just last month when CP Masako took her daughter to very private skating lesson the same day, there was an official visit by the CP Naruhito alone and excuse was she was not able to go out of Tokyo area. But this visit was 15 minutes away from the skating rinks. So you can see how Japanese people are reacting to the occasion of this wedding. But for some people it is not so surprise to hear that she wants to visit.
One of her complain was that since she became Princess and she was not able to go out side of Japan was too difficult for her. I guess her family always took the vacation in overseas.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does the Crown Prince comment about the school situation?
It does seem very unhealthy for everyone involved.
Also, why does he not visit his father? If the Emperor is not well, he should visit frequently!

Does he not visit because he is still upset with the rest of the Imperial family, or is it because he is trying to be supportive of his wife?

(His behavior is almost as baffling as Masko's).
Old 02-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Gentry

Unhappy

Quote:
Does the Crown Prince comment about the school situation?
It does seem very unhealthy for everyone involved.
Also, why does he not visit his father? If the Emperor is not well, he should visit frequently!
(His behavior is almost as baffling as Masko's).
Hi Mirable,
Last year when the Crown Prince came back from the foreign Africa trip in late March. He made some comment, not very much at all. And after that I don't recall any press conference regarding the matter by the Crown Prince. The only the school attendance information was released every week by Mr. Nomura of the CP office.
Just recently CP's office mentioned the Princess Aiko missed couple days of shcool this week.
Feb 4, Friday Tardiness-starts around 10:00 AM and this was earliest ever she made to school with her mother CP Masako within couple months.
Fev 5, Visit the school exhibition at the department store in Ginza. The family left their home around 8:50 AM and over stayed at the department for an hour and forty minutes. Which the store was closed all that time for security reason and the excuse for overstay was "they had a good time".
Feb 6, Sunday No school
Feb 7 - 8 Missed the school
Feb 9 - 10 Late attendance with her mother
Feb 11 National Holiday
Feb 12 Skating in the morning- Closed the skating rink to public for half day.

It is sad that she can wake up early to go to fun place like the exhibition or skating but not her school. This goes to her mother CP Masako too. She can go to the skiing vacation and ski for hours and never miss those holidays. But she is not able to hold her duty as the CP.

I don't know the answer to the visiting his father issues.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Gentry

http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1297294063908.jpg

Here is the picture of the Crown Prince family at the department.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder whether this might be some kind of therapy for CP Masako. It gets her out of the palace for extended periods of time, yet it's not dealing with the public as a whole. It's a predictable, safe place. Has there been any suggestion that Princess Aiko might have a learning disability? If so, perhaps her mother is helping her.

Quote:
Masako has been sitting in the classroom for an entire year?
(
Old 02-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I wonder whether this might be some kind of therapy for CP Masako. It gets her out of the palace for extended periods of time, yet it's not dealing with the public as a whole. It's a predictable, safe place. Has there been any suggestion that Princess Aiko might have a learning disability? If so, perhaps her mother is helping her.
How does one can use the occasion of someone's wedding ceremony for her therapy...? Especially if you are going there representing the Royal Family of Japan. And if she can make it...? Nobody knows. There had been so many canceled official duty just hours before, which causes so much problem for the people who are involved in preparations. One can only speculate Princess Aiko's issues. It will be much better situation if CP Naruhito came out and explain her situation rather than hiding it. After all The Royal Family is someone to look up to. So if there is a real issues with Princess Aiko, the people of Japan will except her for who she is and the people who have same issues will feel courage by watching how she is working hard to cope with the issues.

The CP Naruhito and CP Masako really likes to keep Japanese people's eye out of their life so much that we have no idea what is the truth.

The Emperor and Empress as well as Akishinomiya prince and princess are very open to public. They hold press conferences and discuss issues with honor and sincerely.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Personally, I'm of the opinion that going to the wedding would be a very bad PR move, unless it's a signal that CP Masako tends to take up more public duties on her return or if she makes some appearances before she leaves. In my previous reply, I wasn't discussing the wedding issue.

Is it possible that the Crown Prince simply isn't allowed to give interviews because previous ones have caused so much controversy. Perhaps he doesn't go by the "script" and has said things that weren't pre-approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariko View Post
How does one can use the occasion of someone's wedding ceremony for her therapy...? Especially if you are going there representing the Royal Family of Japan.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Is it possible that the Crown Prince simply isn't allowed to give interviews because previous ones have caused so much controversy. Perhaps he doesn't go by the "script" and has said things that weren't pre-approved.
I am not sure if he understand what he is faced with...
It is very sad to watch him not recognize the situation that he is in. At least that's how I see without his clear communication to the people of Japan now.
Everyone is waiting to hear soon at his birthday press conference.

The Emperor went through the test for his heart last Saturday and stayed in the hospital over night. The Emperor is back to work with his Empress on Monday. Then we hear durning last couple days the CP Naruhito had time to play tennis, jogging around out side of his home in the public and top of that he went skating with his family CP Masako and Princess Aiko using the public skating rink closed off from the public again on the last Saturday morning.

I guess CP Naruhito is not lined up with his duties very much. But for the people of Japan was wondering why doesn't he take more official duties to support his father who is getting older now. On the other hand visiting duties are not chosen by him but it is by invitation or asked by organization first then CP Office creates the plan accordingly. I can understand the hesitation to ask CP Naruhito now with the CP Masako being unstable with her illness. When you invite the CP, often they need to send invitation to both. As I wrote before the preparation takes cost and time. It is true if all of the sudden CP Masako could not attend, then they need to reprint the material which has cost.

The crown prince without his wife's support is not functioning well in this case. I guess.

Also there was an official statement from CP's office that all of the sudden they lost the head maid of honor for CP Masako without substitute for the position and care taker for Princess Aiko who was the head master of kindergarden almost same time. This occurred the end of last year or beginning of this year. There are so many people leaving their positions, 5 or 6 of them in a short time.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Personally, I'm of the opinion that going to the wedding would be a very bad PR move, unless it's a signal that CP Masako tends to take up more public duties on her return or if she makes some appearances before she leaves.

Definitely!
What will her own people think, if she is photographed smiling at the wedding in London, and then when she is back home, she again is too sick to make appearances?

If she is truly ill, I sympathize. But it appears from all that I have read that she is very selfish and wants to do only what she likes. She must realize how much she is damaging her husband's position, even if he doesn't.

As for not visiting his sick father, there is no excuse!

I hope Akishino and Kiko attend the wedding instead! Kiko will look lovely and will smile and act courteous to everyone.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariko View Post
... they lost the head maid of honor for CP Masako...
It was the Crown Princess's lady-in-waiting, not maid of honour, who had left.
There are no maids of honour in the Imperial Household.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
It was the Crown Princess's lady-in-waiting, not maid of honour, who had left.
There are no maids of honour in the Imperial Household.
Hi Kasumi,

Thanks for correcting my English. I see you checked the wiki for me.
I appreciate that.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Mariko's posts make an interesting reading. It is worth noting that it is not clear whether Crown Princess Masako will attend the wedding in question. If not, Crown Prince Naruhito will make a usual solo appearance. I will be greatly surprised to see Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko attending the event.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
... I will be greatly surprised to see Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko attending the event.
Dear Al_bina,
I my opinion Zonk was right about the IF members to attend the royal wedding in UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
... Honestly, I think they might send Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko. The British wedding is after all for the heirs heir. So it would make sense peerwise.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Mariko's posts make an interesting reading. It is worth noting that it is not clear whether Crown Princess Masako will attend the wedding in question. If not, Crown Prince Naruhito will make a usual solo appearance. I will be greatly surprised to see Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko attending the event.
The CP office said CP Masako's attending to the wedding is not sure yet will wait and see all depend how she feels, I guess. Although She is so eager to go. So eager that surprised many Japanese people....!!
Long time ago at the CP Masako's press conference she did mentioned that how hard it is not able to go overseas for her usual visiting/vacations....!!

But I know for sure CP Masako will go to the ski vacation at the end of March for about a week. She always go with CP Naruhito and Princess Aiko and quite often her sister's family joins them. I think the entire hotel is closed off to public, just as when she visit the department store last weekend for the exhibition of Aiko's school art fair or the skating on saturday morning at the public place. And if she over stayed and if the people see them and want to take pictures of them, that is not allowed by her unless staged from beginning.

People in Japan would like to hear her doctor's explanation at press conference, which was never happened before and I think will not. So you right Al_bina, It is worth noting that it is not clear!!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Gentry

On February 15, 2011 Crown Prince Naruhito had vist at his house from Princess Wangchuck who had meeting in Kyoto for "The Earth Hall of Fame Kyoto". CP Masako did not meet her. I read the article of Princess Wangchuck. It was worth reading. The article is published in Japanese in Mainichi News Paper. You can use Google translation or Mainichi has English daily news, so soon as if they publish in there I will post the artilce.
Untile then here is the Japanese version.

ひと:ケサン・チョゼン・ワンチュク王女 - 毎日jp(毎日新聞)

I think I need to post this article in the different section of this forum. I will try to figure out but until then...Sorry about that.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:33 AM
Serene Highness

Who's Princess Wangchuck?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Actually Wangchuk is the family name of the Bhutan's Royal family.
HRH the Princess Ashi Kesang Choden Wangchuck is one of 5 sisters of the King. She is the daughter of ex-King and Queen Tsering Pem.
The Princess and her husband HH Palden Yoeser Thinley often represent the RF abroad (Japan, Thailand, Tonga, etc.).
Old 02-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

Ah, I see, thank you.

Tags
crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, current events