The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 11:55 PM
Majesty

Here's an article about their appearance at the Coronation. CP Masako looks wonderful.
Crown Prince, Princess attend Tonga coronation ceremony | The Japan Times

There are a two brief clips of the Crown Princely couple here:Video: Tongan King Tupou VI crowned in Nuku'alofa - Telegraph

Masako looks a bit nervous, but that's understandable. She seems to be showing some strain around her eyes as well. I think that she's doing all she can right now.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:25 AM
Majesty

I agree. I feel kind of sad for her but I also think she is very brave, and that she is at least trying.

Old 07-05-2015, 08:11 PM
Majesty

I think she is more relaxed when talking with people than during these high ceremonial occasions. It's very difficult to have any kind of emotional/mental issues and know that people are looking at you when you have to just stand or sit there quietly.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Majesty

I remember reading a while back that on the rare occasions the Crown Princess does travel abroad her therapist always accompanies the couple in the event of some crisis.

I don't know if that is still happening or even necessary. She appears happy and confident. But then she could also be a woman of enormous discipline who has simply become adept at masking any signs of emotional distress in public.

Good luck to her, I agree Mermaid1962 that it must be quite an ordeal to know that people are watching you closely under those circumstances.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:27 AM
Administrator

Princess Aiko welcomed back her parents Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako when they returned to Tokyo yesterday, July 6:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Old 07-07-2015, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

What a lovely tradition.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Indeed it is

Yesterday, July 8, Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako were seen arriving at the Imperial Palace to report the Emperor on their visit to Tonga.

** Pic **
Old 07-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the update!
The trip to Tonga was absolutely successful. Crown Princess Masako looked cheerful.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Majesty

I sincerely hope that now she'll be able to go with the Crown Prince on more foreign trips. He cuts a rather lonely figure sometimes.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:22 PM
Majesty

26 July 2015

https://youtu.be/-iFYMqrnz6I

Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko visited the WWII exhibition in the Showa Memorial Museum in Tokyo.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
26 July 2015

https://youtu.be/-iFYMqrnz6I

Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko visited the WWII exhibition in the Showa Memorial Museum in Tokyo.
No photos? I want to see photos.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
What a lovely tradition.
I wish the Japanese Diet would change the law of succession to allow Princess Aiko (the Princess Toshi) to inherit the imperial throne, but, realistically, I know that probably is never going to happen.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I wish the Japanese Diet would change the law of succession to allow Princess Aiko (the Princess Toshi) to inherit the imperial throne, but, realistically, I know that probably is never going to happen.

Perhaps she will be better off, because she'll have a less-restricted life.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm divided on this. On the one side yes Aiko will live a quite life but on the other must change this Japanese Diet and not have this pressure of the male heir. But as Mbruno says i guess never( going to happen.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:29 AM
Administrator

Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko arrived at Izukyu-Shimoda train station in Shizuoka Prefecture yesterday, August 11, to spend their summer break at the Suzaki Imperial Villa.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 08-12-2015, 01:20 PM
Majesty

Thanks, Iceflower.

And here is a Royalista article complete with pics and a video: Time for a break! The Japanese royals travel to summer retreat | Royalista
Old 08-24-2015, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko were pictured at Nasushiobara train station in Tochigi Prefecture, eastern Japan, today, August 24.
They'll spend about two weeks at the Nasu Imperial Villa.

** Pic **
Old 08-26-2015, 04:07 PM
Majesty

22 August

Crown Prince Naruhito and his family visited the WWII-related exhibition in Hibiya Library a& Museum, Tokyo.

Asahi: Crown Prince Naruhito and his family
Old 08-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Majesty

Thank you for this Al_bina. It's good to see the whole family on an outing like this.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:59 PM
Majesty

17 September 2015

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako visited Tokyo University Institute.

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3|

Tags
crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, current events