Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako current events 5: Dec. 2008- Dec. 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they will accept this, just like last June before the Crown Princess of Sweden wedding. The Crown Prince had to perform the solo visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Aiko alone in the school for first time in a year

“Aiko-sama alone at the School!” “Winter sports for a spring vacation”

March 2nd around 1:20PM, the van and the silver SP car arrived in front of the school gate. CP Masako got on the car by herslf. Usually she is with Princess Aiko and she left. Appearently Princess Aiko’s class had mother’s lunchon on this day so CP Masko joint them.

Imperial House Agency was surprised by this saying, this is the first time for a whole year that Princess Aiko was staying at the school by herself. Even it was just 70 minuts.

Starting 16th the school will enter the spring vacation. (In Japan, this is the end of the year for the school children, since April is the begining of new year for the most Japanese school)

I will write “continue” of article later.

¡Ú»¨»ï¥Í¥Ã¥È¡Û½µ´©½÷À­ ºÇ¿·¹æ

By Syukan Josei - 2011/03/22

Other Japanese weekly magazine’s title

“CP Masako Joins GAKUSYUIN parents lunchon ¥4000 with Shark’s Fin Soup”

•¶åYtHbŽGŽbTŠ§•¶t_110317

Syukan Bunshun - 3/17

Hopefully Crown Princess Masako will be able to undertake this engagement. To reassure people facing such an ordeal is very important.

I wonder whether there's any concern that being around traumatized people will worsen her condition? I think that visiting survivors of a disaster would be difficult for most people, let alone a person who has had emotional and/or mental problems. There just isn't the tolerance for stress as there is with a person who has never had a "breakdown." I hope that she's able to make the visit.:flowers:

Hopefully Crown Princess Masako will be able to undertake this engagement. To reassure people facing such an ordeal is very important.

Tomorrow they will visit a shelter

Since the mention of visiting a shelter in Tokyo area, after 6 days, Imperial Household Agency announced that CP Prince and CP Princess will visit strongly desired by both of them the area of Tokyo - the Ajinomoto Stadium shelter in Choufu tomorrow.

By Jiji

»þ»ö¥É¥Ã¥È¥³¥à¡§¹ÄÂÀ»Ò¤´É׺ʡ¢ÈòÆñ½ê¤Ø

After that finally Princes and Princess of Akishino are able and allow to visit the people of earthquake victim. Then will follow by the other member of royal family.;)

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako with evacuees from the March 11
earthquake and tsunami at a gymnasium, currently an evacuation center, inside
Ajinomoto stadium in Chofu, western Tokyo April 6, 2011. The couple visited the
evacuation center to encourage the evacuees, who are mainly from Fukushima prefecture.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery **

Thanks for photos!
It is great that Crown Princess Masako has been able to meet with people affected by natural calamities.

Visiting news for CP Naruhito and CP Masako

Here is the video of CP Naruhito and CP Masako visit to the shelter on afternoon of the 6th.

There were a large gymnasium with 20 people in it. And for CP Masako without the new year duty at the Palace beginning of the year, this was the 1st public duty with outing in last 6 months.

by NHK

?????? ????????NHK????

CP Masako has been very busy taking care of her daughter Princess Aiko taking and attending the class and staying with Princess Aiko all the time at Gakusyuin school every day of her 3rd grade year with her. Exception was the day 3rd grade parents had lunch together for just little over an hour.

Yes, and there's a great deal of concern in her face. She looks like a person who has suffered and understands suffering as well.:flowers:

Thanks for photos!
It is great that Crown Princess Masako has been able to meet with people affected by natural calamities.

Thanks for the article!
The article is a bland soup of feminist issues. The ancient Japanese law gives an obvious preference to males. There must be reasons for that. If and when the IHA and Japanese lawmakers decide to alter the succession laws, then necessary changes will take place.
There is an unhealthy obsession with the equal primogeniture. What exactly is wrong with the male primogeniture? A fair number of royal houses has already downgraded their less than perfect bloodlines. Why to spoil them even further?

Last edited:
I agree with you!It is good to be feminist at some extent ,but we should not mix up and change all the centuries' values and laws.
Though in Japanese case,they may change it as the only child of Crown couple is a girl

It's not just the Emperor a man

Our Emperor stands on top of "INORI" Praying for the people of Japan. The life for him is for the people of Japan. The time with this unthinkable devastation in Japan, he is inspiring us with his at most selfless care towards people of Japan with Empress Michiko followed by their son Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko.

Our people see this selfless act and his endurance quality long passed by his ancestor, and I feel it is so important to Japanese people's mind. The world saw that with the Emperor's speech this time. The many people in Japan keep the gratefulness toward their life and thus makes us strong.

I see the Empress Michiko and Princess Kiko comforting children and elderly people at the shelter. The figure of mother.

We have a different needs to mother and to father. A father who protect us from the out side of danger and show us the way and the mother who give us the comfort. All these are just in people's mind. Nothing in particular matters yet feel so strong about that.

I hope the world could except this beautiful relation between the people of Japan and their Royal family.

And my hope is that illness of the his wife would not break this tradition by recognize and excepting her condition by the Crown Prince himself. Which will ease the hardship for him and gain back the trust of people. :flowers:

The Case of Japan’s Princess Masako: Sons Over Daughters

Hi Lenora,

I agree with you!It is good to be feminist at some extent ,but we should not mix up and change all the centuries' values and laws.
Though in Japanese case,they may change it as the only child of Crown couple is a girl

Thank you for your understanding of our values, I appreciate that very much, since I feel very strongly about it as Japanese. Also do not worry about our future Royal Family, we have a beautiful male heir Prince Hisahito who are constantly cared and loved by his immediate family Prince and Princess Akishino along with his sisters. And most of all he has very close relationship with his grandparent the Emperor and Empress of Japan. It's a beautiful relationship, you can read about that from the comment of the Emperor himself on his birthday press conference on the Imperial Household Agency site. "The occasion of His Majesty's Birthday (2010)" under Question 3.

Press Conference on the occasion of His Majesty's Birthday (2010) - The Imperial Household Agency

Thank You for the link!Now I understand better the whole situation.

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako with evacuees from the March 11
earthquake and tsunami at a gymnasium, currently an evacuation center, inside
Ajinomoto stadium in Chofu, western Tokyo April 6, 2011. The couple visited the
evacuation center to encourage the evacuees, who are mainly from Fukushima prefecture.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery **
I'm happy to see them (especially Masako) reaching out to their people in support and sympathy during this most difficult time. The Japanese must be proud of their royals. :flowers:

I was pleased to see Masako sama meeting tsunami evacuees.

As for CP, it always is a pleasure to see him - he comes across so down to earth and caring.

Great to see the Crown Prince and Princesses working together. Masako looks very well.:flowers:

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako met with evacuees from Fukushima
Prefecture at an evacuation center in Misato, near Tokyo, May 7, 2011.

Great to see the Princess out. This is a wonderful outing especially for her, maybe she will see that maybe her life isn't so bad after all, these evacuees have lost everything and they don't have a home or life to go back to. Maybe she should re-evaluate her circumstances. This of course is my opinion.

If a person is mentally ill, comparing one's own circumstances to another's misery doesn't help much.

Great to see the Princess out. This is a wonderful outing especially for her, maybe she will see that maybe her life isn't so bad after all, these evacuees have lost everything and they don't have a home or life to go back to.

Al_bina,
We all have the right to have our own thoughts on any subject/matter. Think about this - 'ancient (Shinto) laws' that state only a man can be the high shinto priest could have only been 'etched in stone' - by a man! Who/What decided that the male gender is more superior than the female gender? Men! You seem very intelligent, so do you see where I am going with this response to your post?
Also, your use of the words 'unhealthy obsession' - why should not be women afforded the same rights that have been given to men since the beginning of time? What is so 'unhealthy' about wanting equality between men and women? Because of those in Japan who have the same beliefs as you regarding Pss Aiko and Pss Masako, Pss Masako frustrations will only increase exponentially as time marches on. IMO, she has been disappointed by so many expecting her to accomplish a feat over which she has no control! She must have much grace - I would have told everyone off by now. I will now keep both princesses in my prayers from now on and I hope you will do the same.

It has been my understanding that Japanese may be divided into those, who are indifferent to the monarchic institution, and those, who support it. Based on personal ethos and a historical background, supporters would like to see a male as an heir to the Chrysanthemum throne. There is nothing wrong with that. Nothing needs to be modified. Any outside opinion on the subject matter is a futile exercise. Japanese people do not question local practices in other countries and expect foreigners to do the same. Asian culture is a way too multi-layered and complex to constantly meddle with. It is pivotal to maintain a homeostasis between the modern and the archaic that binds a group together as a nation. In this respect, the Japanese Imperial family does a superb job of uniting the nation. If the Imperial family faces an heir crisis again, the IHA and Japanese lawmakers will find an amicable solution.
Regarding Crown Princess Masako, the situation is unclear. The western mass outlets are a bad source of information. As far as I can see, Crown Princess Masako enjoys Crown Prince Naruhito's full support and can devote her time to Princess Aiko's needs.
One more point ... It is inaccurate to assume that Japanese women encounter rampant discrimination and abuse. They have a full freedom to choose what to do with their lives. Japanese women can climb a corporate ladder and maintain their independence or follow the traditional ways or do both.

Last edited:
Could members please avoid responding to other member's posts with condescending comments and/or patronising "advice".

Thanks.

Warren
TRF Administrator

Their first visit to the area of earthquake

CP Naruhito & CP Masako are visiting MIYAGI earthquake area this afternoon. This is their first visit to this devastated earthquake area. According to CP office they needed to schedule their visit with Princes Aiko's school schedule.

According to many of Japanese artcle CP Masako has been attending Princes Aiko's school for now over 350 days while she is at the school. I think last week most of the Japanese news paper mentioned that she finally attended the school durning the 1st period class, and CP office said before that she only attended starting 2nd or 3rd period of her class. The CP Masako is still going to school and remain in the school with Princes Aiko.

ykÐzc‘¾Žq‚²•vÈ‚ª‹{é‚ց@”íÐŽÒ‚ð‚¨Œ©•‘‚¢

【皇室ウイークリー】(182)皇太å*ã”夫妻、きょう初の被災地入り 皇族が陛下お迎え「ごきげんよう」 +(2/5ページ) - MSN産経ニュース

http://www.shinchosha.co.jp/shukanshincho/newest/

Last edited:
:previous:

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako with Iwanuma city mayor Tsneaki Iguchi
while visiting the tsunami-devastated city of Iwanuma, Miyagi on June 4, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife/gettyimages **

...According to many of Japanese artcle CP Masako has been attending Princes Aiko's school for now over 350 days while she is at the school. http://sankei.jp.msn.com/life/news/110604/imp11060407000001-n2.htm
350 days?
How is this healthy for the princess?
Masako has to be, if not a disruptive influence, at least a distraction for the other children.

If the situation hasn't been resolved for such a lengthy time, I think it might be better for Aiko to receive home-schooling.
I don't think that is always the best course, but in this case perhaps it should be considered? Because this seems very unfair to both the other students and the teacher, imo.

iceflower,
Thanks for the photos!
It is great that Crown Princely couple visits the areas affected by the earthquake.

I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to see these types of visits for a while from the Crown Princely couple. There's so much devastation in Japan. It will take some time for things to get completely back to normal.
The royal family is doing a good job of staying in touch with it all including the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom