The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Crown Princess Masako (R) and Crown Prince Naruhito wave as they enter the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on February 8, 2010. A group of doctors announced her condition has vastly improved on February 5, but she needs more time to reach a level that will allow her to expand the scope of her official duties. Masako has suffered stress-induced illness while struggling to adjust to royal life.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4008/11926389.jpg

Old 02-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Majesty

It is nice to learn about the progress in treatment of Crown Princess Masako's medical condition. Hopefully she will make a recovery, which will allow her to fully participate in official engagements alongside Crown Prince Naruhito.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Majesty

Thank you for this information, Kasumi. There could be a genetic predisposition in the family then, although perhaps not in Masako's immediate family. Still, having a fairly close relation commit suicide is itself very stressful, although I don't know whether suicide is considered such a taboo in Japan. It was considered preferable to public embarrassment, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
CPss Masako's maternal uncle once removed (her mother's cousin) was a famous Japanese writer and critic Jun Etou (1932-1999).
He had the same mental problems during his lifetime. He had committed suicide in 1999.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Still, having a fairly close relation commit suicide is itself very stressful, although I don't know whether suicide is considered such a taboo in Japan. It was considered preferable to public embarrassment, wasn't it?
Yes, Mermaid1962,
You are absolutely right. Jun Etou's suicide was very stressful for Masako's family. The family members are really close to each other. And the situation itself was low key to avoid public attention.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Crown Princess Masako (R) and Crown Prince Naruhito wave as they enter the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on February 8, 2010. A group of doctors announced her condition has vastly improved on February 5, but she needs more time to reach a level that will allow her to expand the scope of her official duties. Masako has suffered stress-induced illness while struggling to adjust to royal life.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4008/11926389.jpg
Oh I like that picture very much! Thank you!

Has Masako sama put on a little weight? no I dont mean she's overweight, I just hope she enjoys her food as well as other things in her life!
CP looks delighted whenever Masako sama is next to him. It shows that he loves her very much
Old 02-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Administrator

Crown Prince Naruhito poses with his wife Crown Princess Masako
and their daughter Princess Aiko at the Togu Palace in Tokyo
January 24, 2010 in this picture released by the Imperial Household
Agency on February 23, 2010. Naruhito celebrates his 50th birthday
on February 23, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 02-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Video released on the occasion of Prince Naruhito's 50th birthday by the Imperial Household Agency.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is a report at royalty.de for the 50th birthday of Crownprince Naruhito:

Google Nachricht
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the information and photos!
It is always a pleasure to see Crown Princely couple.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Majesty

The last part of this video is particularly heart-warming, with Princess Aiko's wonderful smile and the family so obviously enjoying one-another's company. I think that the Crown Prince certainly looks younger than his 50 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy View Post
Video released on the occasion of Prince Naruhito's 50th birthday by the Imperial Household Agency.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:50 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Crown prince, turning 50, to explore future role of imperial family › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

Prior to his 50th birthday on Tuesday, Crown Prince Naruhito indicated at a recent press conference his willingness to explore the future role of the imperial household.

‘‘The imperial court has been changing with the times,’’ he told reporters Friday. ‘‘I hope to pursue how the imperial family should be in the future through learning from the past.’‘
Old 02-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Majesty

Thanks for the article!
Crown Prince Naruhito appears to be determined to realign or attune the ways the Imperial household operates. It remains to be seen whether he succeeds in his mission.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Majesty

It's going to be very interesting to see what Crown Prince Naruhito does as Emperor. I wonder whether any Imperial Household Agency courtiers are shaking in their shoes after this conference?

I like his statement about continuing to support CP Masako.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Crown Prince Naruhito appears to be determine to realign or attune the ways the Imperial household operates. It remains to be seen whether he succeeds in his mission.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Majesty

I do not think that IHA is shaking in their shoes. When the time comes, they will find right words to persuade a new Emperor into finding the happy medium between changes and the traditional ways. This may take the edge off reforms a new Emperor intends to introduce.
Despite multiple pressures, Crown Prince Naruhito is a man, who stands by his wife. Such loyalty and devotion are truly admirable.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful to see Masako so well, and surrounded by her family.

No matter how much the IHA tries to get its own way, the officials can't break this family bond.

I suspect that Masako is - or will be - the trump card for the Japanese monarchy, because many women will identify with her difficulties.

If anything, she might, through her dignified acceptance of her illness, be an agent of subtle change in the monarchy.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Administrator

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako wave as they
arrive with their daughter Princess Aiko, 8, at Nagano railway
station in Nagano, central Japan, Wednesday, March 24, 2010.
The royal family visited a ski resort in the region on vacation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 03-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Commoner

Wonderful new pics of the family. Thanks for the pictures iceflower. Princess Aiko is growing up to be beautiful!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Majesty

Thanks for photos! I can not help noting that Princess Aiko as well as her cousins, Princess Mako and Princess Kako, rarely smile on photos.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Gentry

Meeting with Mr.Anthony Lake,the UNICEF’s new Executive Director,at Togu palace.
http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/activity/g...512-unicef.jpg
12th May 2010,photo by IHA
Old 05-15-2010, 05:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Crown Princess will skip the dinner with the King of Cambodia

HIH the Crown Princess Masako will not be attending the reception and dinner party to be held for visiting Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni due to her illness, the Imperial Household Agency said Friday. - Kyodo

Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, current events