Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako current events 4: Jan - Dec 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to part 4 of Naruhito’s and Masako’s current events where you can post article links, photo links and comments regarding their current activities.

The old thread can be found here.

TRF Rules & FAQs
*review before posting*
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be removed without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting! :flowers:

Mandy, Warren, Yvonne
[FONT=&quot]Japan
[FONT=&quot]Moderators[/FONT][/FONT]

But what's happening to this poor lady? I see her stress is still there. I hope she could be allright in no time...:neutral:

I also read that Empree Michiko was experiencing dizziness in the mornings. Poor ladies!

Vanesa.

But what's happening to this poor lady? I see her stress is still there. I hope she could be allright in no time...:neutral:

I also read that Empree Michiko was experiencing dizziness in the mornings. Poor ladies!

Vanesa.

I hope they'll get better soon.. I truly hope so..

Pics 14.2.2008

Photos released by the Imperial Household Agency of Japan on February 23, 2008 show
Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito (L) talking with Crown Princess Masako (C) and their
daughter Princess Aiko at the Togu Palace residence in Tokyo on February 14. Naruhito
celebrates his 48th birthday on February 23

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Very nice pictures and video. They look great and happy together. Wish them all the best.

Crown Prince could lead the way in effort for mutt emancipation | The Japan Times Online

..........For that reason it would be great if Crown Prince Naruhito showed off his two dogs, Pippi and Mari, more often. According to the official story, pregnant, homeless Pippi wandered onto the palace grounds more than 10 years ago and there gave birth to Mari. The story is a little difficult to believe. Security around the palace is very tight and you almost never see stray dogs in central Tokyo. But the important thing is that the Crown Prince adopted the two canines. They even figure in the official portrait: The future royal family of Japan posing with two mutts.

Japan's princess Aiko starts school with a smile
Japan's princess Aiko starts school with a smile | Lifestyle | Living | Reuters

photo by yahoo news
Japan's Princess Aiko, left, accompanied by her mother Crown Princess Masako, smiles as she arrives to attend her entrance ceremony at the Gakushuin P | Photo - Yahoo! News UK
Japanese Princess Aiko, center, walks with her parents Crown Peince Naruhito, left, and Crown Princess Masako as she enters the Gakushuin elementary s | Photo - Yahoo! News UK
Japan's Princess Aiko, accompanied by her mother Crown Princess Masako, smiles as she arrives to attend her entrance ceremony at the Gakushuin Primary | Photo - Yahoo! News UK
Japan's Princess Aiko, center, accompanied by her parents Crown Prince Naruhito, left, and Crown Princess Masako, arrives to attend her entrance cerem | Photo - Yahoo! News UK
photo by sankei
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/photos/culture/imperial/080410/imp0804101633002-p10.jpg
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/photos/culture/imperial/080410/imp0804101633002-p2.jpg

video news
jnn°¦»Ò¤µ¤Þ¡¢³Ø½¬±¡½éÅù²Ê¤ÎÆþ³Ø¼°¤Ë(TBS·Ï) - Yahoo!¥Ë¥å¡¼¥¹
nnn°¦»Ò¤µ¤Þ£±Ç¯À¸¤Ë¡¡¹ÄÂÀ»Ò¤´É׺ʤÈÅй»(ÆüËܥƥì¥Ó·Ï) - Yahoo!¥Ë¥å¡¼¥¹
annÅìµÜ¸æ½ê¤«¤éÅÌÊâÅй»¡Ä°¦»Ò¤µ¤Þ³Ø½¬±¡½éÅù²Ê¤´Æþ³Ø(¥Æ¥ì¥ÓÄ«Æü·Ï) - Yahoo!¥Ë¥å¡¼¥¹
fnn¹ÄÂÀ»Ò¤´É׺ʤÈĹ½÷¡¦°¦»Ò¤µ¤Þ¡¢Î¾ÊŲ¼¤ËÆþ³Ø¤Î¤¢¤¤¤µ¤Ä¤ò¤¹¤ë¤¿¤á¸æ½ê¤ØÆþ¤é¤ì¤ë(¥Õ¥¸¥Æ¥ì¥Ó·Ï) - Yahoo!¥Ë¥å¡¼¥¹

Happy school days, princess Aiko!!!

Aiko looks adorable in her schooluniform! :wub: She's grown so much! She seems quite tall for her age, and not so shy anymore! Great to see the family together and smiling! Thanks for all the pictures and videos

Aiko looks pretty on her new uniform. Her parents look so happy too. What a happy litlke family. Wish them all the best!!

A big step in Aiko's life. I'm sure for Mom Masako there is also a sense of "my baby is growing up" so she may feel a little sad about that. It's an adorable-looking family and the parents seem very proud of their little one.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks really, but really happy. Princess Aiko sure knows how to smile! :cool:

Vanesa.

Why don't IHA let princess Masako travel?

There is also a video of the crown prince family released by the Imperial Household Agency to celebrate the crown prince's 48th b-day.

Please visit the site below to see video
@c‘¾Žq“¯”Ü—¼“a‰ºCˆ¤Žq“àe‰¤“a‰º‚̃rƒfƒI

This was the nicest video - it actually brought tears to my eyes. Aiko is so sweet. I love watching the family play a simple child's game - pick-up sticks.
I remember watching the wedding on TV 15 years ago and thought it was
fascinating. I thought that Masako would become like Princess Diana and work tirelessly for charities and travel a lot.
Her life is so confining - I wonder if she ever regrets her marriage.

Why don't IHA let princess Masako travel?

The official reason is that she is recouperating from an "adjustment disorder" and does not undertake most official duties including travel because she "tires easily". The unofficial reason is a bit more complex depending on who you believe.

Japan's troubled prince regrets travelling alone

Japan's crown prince heads to Brazil alone, says trip too tough for Masako - Yahoo! Philippines News

'Imperial diplomacy' proves elusive dream | The Japan Times Online (a very interesting article)
........Rika Kayama, a psychiatrist and author of a book on the Crown Princess titled "Masako-sama Is Crying With You," believes the "marriage was to utilize her ability to engage in Imperial diplomacy, rather than the result of success in love."
"But once she got married, a reality differing from her ideal was waiting for her. I assume that her disappointment and shock was quite big," Kayama said, adding that the Crown Prince, 48, probably feels responsible for not being able to achieve what they had sought.
People in Japan are watching closely for signs that the Crown Princess is recovering from her illness, with some supportive of her and others somewhat critical.
"When the couple were married 15 years ago, Crown Princess Masako was popular and many articles described her personality," said Bunichi Terada, senior editor of the weekly magazine Shukan Josei, which mainly targets housewives in their 30s to 50s.
But the approach of articles changed dramatically in May 2004 when the Crown Prince remarked, "It is true that there were developments that denied Princess Masako's career up to then as well as her personality driven by her career."...........

Princess Masako and her daughter Princess Aiko wave to Crown Prince Naruhito at the entrance of the Togu Palace in Tokyo today, as he leaves for Brazil. Naruhito wil be in Brazil until June 27 to attend events commemorating the 100th year of Japanese emigration to Brazil

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9181/9572742410f46zc9.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/426/9572456414e7eic5.jpg
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5894/9572454417b66ey9.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/527/957245041a451ki2.jpg
By Belga Picture

Last edited:
More photos from Prince Naruhito departing from Togu Palace on June 16, 2008. Princess Masako and Aiko sent him off at the entrance.
Photos from AP via Yahoo

Aiko seems to be very shy of the cameras, poor girl. They do like those pale blue dresses on her, don't they! :flowers:

Masako looks very nice with her long hair...I think it makes her look younger. Hopefuly some day soon she will undertake a trip with her husband.

Masako looks very nice with her long hair...I think it makes her look younger. Hopefuly some day soon she will undertake a trip with her husband.

I truly hope so...
I love Aiko's dress, it looks great on her:wub:

It's interesting how Masako's hair has got longer as Kiko's has got shorter and vice versa. I wonder if it's a coincidence or, if it's deliberate, which of them is making the decision to look different from the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom