Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako current events 4: Jan - Dec 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I didnt realise someone else had answered the question already. :)

I see. Thank you.:flowers:

It's the formal version of san. This honorific is used primarily in addressing persons much higher in rank than oneself and in commercial and business settings to address and refer to customers. It also appears in words used to address or speak of persons or objects for which the speaker wishes to show respect or deference.
Japanese honorifics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's similar then to the french "vous" as opposed to "tu." The difference seems to be that it's used for the third person and not the second. Thank you.:)

No, it's a very polite way of addressing people. You won't use it between freinds though.

Last edited:
Both Naruhito and Masako look so happy together. They look fresh and younger than their age. I hope they can continue performing duties together.

The Royal Couple seem very happy together for a couple on the verge of divorce.

aaaah more pics!

Aiko sama is shooting up, it seems!

She reminds me of Michiko sama when she was a young lass....both very pretty.

I live in England, so I appreciate their news and pics I get to read and see here.

I have heard of negative media coverage in Japan on CP Masako- what some people dont understand is, people who have mental disorder can come across "fine", around their friends and family..., but they find it difficult to cope when they are put under pressure or alot of stress. I had few patients who seemed absolutely, completely well when I saw them at hospital where I work (yeah I'm a nurse) when in fact they werent fine at all and they were on strong medication.

All I'm saying is it's easy to judge from outside.

I admire CP Naruhito. He is a decent guy with a good heart. And he loves his wife, that is clearly obvious...he beams when she is by his side.

I wish them the best

Seiko

I agree. Masako might still have a long way to go, but hopefully the fact that she's able to make some public appearances will quieten the critics a bit.

I have heard of negative media coverage in Japan on CP Masako- what some people dont understand is, people who have mental disorder can come across "fine", around their friends and family..., but they find it difficult to cope when they are put under pressure or alot of stress. I had few patients who seemed absolutely, completely well when I saw them at hospital where I work (yeah I'm a nurse) when in fact they werent fine at all and they were on strong medication.

Thanks for the photos! :flowers:
Crown Princely couple looks truly happy.It is a real pleasure to see an increase in Crown Princess Masako's public appearances as the latter might indicate a progress in treatment.

How very nice: in this film they show the reception for princess Elena (the horse show) at which Naruhito met Masako for the first time and fell in love with her. Of course, we do not get to see Masako, only Naruhito and Elena, but at the end we see pictures of the result of the meeting (years later): the marriage.

Maybe, mermaid, you are right by saying: "hopefully the fact that she's able to make some public appearances will quieten the critics a bit" and this is showing us that those criticizing Masako are losing power :) - you do not broadcast romantic pictures of a marriage´s origin if you are expecting a divorce to take place soon...

I love her green suit she's wearing.....how elegant.

They do look so good together, dont they....I liked what Masako sama said once when asked by reporters if her and her husband ever argue. She said that their pet dogs "pick up the seed of our argument and eat it"= straight translation meaning they do argue sometimes but having dogs around them seem to help when they are feeling a bit tense!

It remains to be seen whether the divorce rumours are true. It is quite possible that the IHA may surprise us.

What do you mean by that, Albina? Do you mean they could force them to divorce even if they do not want?

Well, maybe they could "technically" do so but if they did they could never be sure that the crown prince would not tell the whole world on his next press conference what they have done. And he is the future emperor, they could keep him from giving press conferences for a certain time but not for his whole life. Of course, it is something that you "don´t do" in Japan to tell such a thing to the public as it would create a very big scandal indeed. But we all have seen already that fear of scandal does not necessarily silence the crown prince when driven to extremities. I think they could not risk that.

I am not saying that the IHA is sure to force the couple to divorce. However, the IHA is capable of ruining this marriage by asking Crown Princess Masako to step down for the sake of Crown Prince Naruhito and the Imperial family. On a brighter side... the heir crisis has been resolved ... Crown Princess Masako has been allowed to increase her public appearances. The overall sitaution seems to be improving. Additionally, Crown Prince Naruhito is a loyal husband, who deeply loves his wife and does not shy away from publicly defending his family. :flowers:

I see, thank you! :flowers:
Seems to me a good sign, too, that his brother says they love to meet. I do not believe it but it is a good sign...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom