The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 11-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
I don't suppose that anything like a pregnancy's impossible these days. Would be nice, especially if there was a little brother to Aiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
My goodness, please pardon me, if I jump to conclusions, which is probably very improper; but my feelings are so strong, that I would like to share them with you all in this Forum. This means: when I saw on the latest photos of Prince and Princess Naruhito and Masako their so so sweet smiles, I could not stop thinking: Are they perhaps awaiting now a further child? If all this is too "impossible", then please cancel my post. Perhaps am I much too romantic. Take the post immediately away, if it is impossible. Thanks you.
__________________

  #122  
Old 11-14-2008, 04:15 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: not far from Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 647
Oh yes, how nice would it be! Thanks for your kind words, dear Mermaid1962.
__________________

  #123  
Old 11-14-2008, 12:31 PM
ChiaraC's Avatar
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 924
Smile

Well, I think, first and foremost they are simply relieved and glad because Masako seems to be finally better.
But another child would certainly be nice, brother or sister. They are so fond of Aiko, another child would be very nice indeed.
And I notice again what I have remarked before: if you knew nothing of Masako and Kiko and saw only their pictures:

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1226426733269.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1226427003041.jpg

Would you be so sure when looking at these pics which one is the tough businesswoman and who the traditional wife and mother? There is something so especially soft and tender in the expression of Masako´s face lately...
(Maybe I am seeing the same thing as you, Tilla. But I am not sure if it means anything so substantial as a pregnancy.)
  #124  
Old 11-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
Judging from these pictures, Masako seems like the one a person could meet to have coffee and a chat with. Kiko has something brittle about her, but perhaps it's just the formality of the occasion. Masako seems to have a more open face, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaraC View Post
Well, I think, first and foremost they are simply relieved and glad because Masako seems to be finally better.
But another child would certainly be nice, brother or sister. They are so fond of Aiko, another child would be very nice indeed.
And I notice again what I have remarked before: if you knew nothing of Masako and Kiko and saw only their pictures:

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1226426733269.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1226427003041.jpg

Would you be so sure when looking at these pics which one is the tough businesswoman and who the traditional wife and mother? There is something so especially soft and tender in the expression of Masako´s face lately...
(Maybe I am seeing the same thing as you, Tilla. But I am not sure if it means anything so substantial as a pregnancy.)
  #125  
Old 11-15-2008, 12:08 AM
dragonsfire8's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 139
Well, anything is possible now. Who knows what will happen. But any siblings for Princess Aiko would be nice though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
My goodness, please pardon me, if I jump to conclusions, which is probably very improper; but my feelings are so strong, that I would like to share them with you all in this Forum. This means: when I saw on the latest photos of Prince and Princess Naruhito and Masako their so so sweet smiles, I could not stop thinking: Are they perhaps awaiting now a further child? If all this is too "impossible", then please cancel my post. Perhaps am I much too romantic. Take the post immediately away, if it is impossible. Thanks you.
  #126  
Old 11-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: not far from Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 647

You are all so very kind!

Well, I should perhaps have added to the text: "Der Wunsch ist der Vater des Gedankens" (Goethe) = "The desire is the father of the thought".
  #127  
Old 11-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaraC View Post
... ANP Beeldbank ANP Beeldbank ... [snipped]
It has been a real pleasure to see Crown Princess Masako undertaking official engagements alongside Crown Prince Naruhito and the Imperial family. If Tilla's assumptions are accurate, it would be great to have another addition to the Japanese Imperial family. I would agree that Crown Princess Masako tends to come across as a more sincere easy to approach person.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
  #128  
Old 11-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
Do you think that this is because of the time that she's spent outside Japan, Albino, or is it her natural personality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I would agree that Crown Princess Masako tends to come across as a more sincere easy to approach person.
  #129  
Old 11-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,032
In my very personal opinion...

I would say that being educated and living abroad have had a direct effect on Crown Princess Masako's personality. Given all the information I have read about Crown Princess Masako, it would be fair to say that she felt more comfortable living abroad and associating with foreigners because she could more freely express herself and did not worry much about conforming with strict norms of protocol. Pressures of the life as Crown Princess made her introverted, shy, and withdrawn to a certain extent. At the same time, she exudes natural warmth that make her less formal and more-approachable. Perhaps, it is an innate trait of her personality that flourished living outside of Japan.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
  #130  
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM
kbear's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toowoomba, Australia
Posts: 260
I am so pleased to see her looking so well I just hope she gets better day by day. I love babies and Im sure she would love another but I would just like her to get better and take her rightful place at events.
  #131  
Old 11-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
Yes, that's a good conclusion to come to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Perhaps, it is an innate trait of her personality that flourished living outside of Japan.
  #132  
Old 11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
ChiaraC's Avatar
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 924
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Judging from these pictures, Masako seems like the one a person could meet to have coffee and a chat with. Kiko has something brittle about her, but perhaps it's just the formality of the occasion. Masako seems to have a more open face, if you know what I mean.
Yes, IMO you are exactly right concerning Masako. I would only like to add that you probably could chat with her nicely not only about everyday things but also tell her about your troubles and worries and be sure that she would listen to you with empathy and without judgment as she has been through so much herself. The first (the nice chat about everyday things) may very well be an innate trait of her personality, as you said, Albina, but being able to listen to another´s sorrows is something you learn only, IMO, by having gone through hardships yourself...

As for Kiko, I still think that she is the best argument against how women at the Japanese imperial court are being treated. She does look brittle, and her smile to me nowadays often seems forced. She is certainly still an impressing, elegant, dignified personality - but what a loss if you compare her to the young, brightly smiling, radiant g.irl she once has been. She was not only exceptionally pretty but her smile seemed to come directly from an open heart.

I cannot really find the exact photo I am bearing in mind. It is one of this series:
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2166/kikoa8fw.jpg

but on the one I mean Kiko does not look quite so controlled but with a big smile... Maybe I will find it bye and bye...

Anyhow, this young woman has not been treated with care. She has been used as an instrument, in the first place by her husband, and not been appreciated for her own wonderful loving self. She has obtained her reward in form of g.lamour and a higher status than she could ever have hoped for, marrying the younger son. And IF she had married him for ambition in the first place, that would certainly be very well, then she would just have gotten what she had asked for. But I am afraid that she asked for love in return for the love that she brought into this family, and that is what she did not get. I suppose that she is trying to pretend even to herself that she is happy but she is not. Her heart is broken.

What a strange fate she has. She always gets the fairy tale – marrying the prince, bearing the long awaited heir – gets exactly what she has probably asked for, and then has to find out that in real life living a fairy tale can be pretty painful. When she is through with her lesson she will probably know better than anybody on earth that it is not important how things appear to be, how they look like, but what they are inside and how they feel.
  #133  
Old 11-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
You have such an enjoyable writing style, ChiaraC. I always like reading your posts. I learn from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaraC View Post
Yes, IMO you are exactly right concerning Masako. I would only like to add that you probably could chat with her nicely not only about everyday things but also tell her about your troubles and worries and be sure that she would listen to you with empathy and without judgment as she has been through so much herself. The first (the nice chat about everyday things) may very well be an innate trait of her personality, as you said, Albina, but being able to listen to another´s sorrows is something you learn only, IMO, by having gone through hardships yourself...

As for Kiko, I still think that she is the best argument against how women at the Japanese imperial court are being treated. She does look brittle, and her smile to me nowadays often seems forced. She is certainly still an impressing, elegant, dignified personality - but what a loss if you compare her to the young, brightly smiling, radiant g.irl she once has been. She was not only exceptionally pretty but her smile seemed to come directly from an open heart.

I cannot really find the exact photo I am bearing in mind. It is one of this series:
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2166/kikoa8fw.jpg

but on the one I mean Kiko does not look quite so controlled but with a big smile... Maybe I will find it bye and bye...

Anyhow, this young woman has not been treated with care. She has been used as an instrument, in the first place by her husband, and not been appreciated for her own wonderful loving self. She has obtained her reward in form of g.lamour and a higher status than she could ever have hoped for, marrying the younger son. And IF she had married him for ambition in the first place, that would certainly be very well, then she would just have gotten what she had asked for. But I am afraid that she asked for love in return for the love that she brought into this family, and that is what she did not get. I suppose that she is trying to pretend even to herself that she is happy but she is not. Her heart is broken.

What a strange fate she has. She always gets the fairy tale – marrying the prince, bearing the long awaited heir – gets exactly what she has probably asked for, and then has to find out that in real life living a fairy tale can be pretty painful. When she is through with her lesson she will probably know better than anybody on earth that it is not important how things appear to be, how they look like, but what they are inside and how they feel.
  #134  
Old 11-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Jia Jia is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 46
That's very interesting Chiara C, but I wonder why you think Kiko hasn't been treated with love and care?
Is it just assumption or is it based on facts?
I know about Akishino's affair in Thailand, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's in bad terms with his wife imo.
__________________
warm, sweet, & cozy
  #135  
Old 11-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,032
It seems to me that the current course of the discussion is veering off the topic. At the same time, I agree that ChiaraC's comments on the situation are very insightful.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
  #136  
Old 11-24-2008, 05:04 AM
emma93's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ha Noi, Vietnam
Posts: 57
New picture of CP Naruhito anf CP Masako(20/11/2008)
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/photos/cult...1500000-p1.jpg
http://mainichi.jp/select/wadai/news...000p_size5.jpg
  #137  
Old 11-24-2008, 05:50 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: not far from Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 647
Thank you for these lovely photos. They give hope.
  #138  
Old 11-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
These are such nice photos to see. Do you know what the event was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma93 View Post
  #139  
Old 11-25-2008, 11:29 AM
ChiaraC's Avatar
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jia View Post
That's very interesting Chiara C, but I wonder why you think Kiko hasn't been treated with love and care?
Is it just assumption or is it based on facts?
I know about Akishino's affair in Thailand, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's in bad terms with his wife imo.
Thank you very much, mermaid, for your encouraging compliment!
I want to give an answer to your question, Jia, but Albina is absolutely right: this is not the right place for it. So please follow me: Has princess Kiko been badly treated?

But there is one thing I have to say here: it is not a mere coincidence that I am reflecting about Kiko´s fate in this thread because IMO her story is giving an answer to an open question concerning Masako: Every now and then it has been said that when Masako found her way of being and behaving to be so absolutely incompatible with the expectations of her traditional “entourage” she should, finally, have given in and should have become still more traditional herself, as much as ever was necessary. (The first thing that would have happened if she had done that obviously would have been her husband seriously complaining that if he had wanted to marry a woman who always smiles, keeps her mouth shut and opens it only in order to say: “Yes, Naruhito, I agree, Naruhito, you are so perfect, Naruhito.” he would not have needed to wait for Masako so many years as a smiling puppet would have been much easier to find… But we will just leave this aside and assume that Naruhito might have changed his mind for some reason or other – which is, IMO, just as probable as a snowstorm in hell but only supposing:) We do not know exactly what would have happened if Masako would have just stopped to have an opinion of her own and would have used all her energy only to try and become the most traditional crown princess ever and meet all the expectations of the people surrounding her.

But we have Kiko´s example – because that is exactly what SHE did (except that she was not the CROWN princess): She has done absolutely everything that has been required of her and has done it with admirable skill and seemingly with much grace and ease – and, as far as I can see, much good has it done her… Her story shows IMO that whatever you do as a woman marrying into the imperial family of Japan: if you put all your energy into adapting to the status quo or if you try to find some sort of balance between your own personality and the requirements of your position, in the end it makes no difference: You just can´t win...
  #140  
Old 11-25-2008, 11:32 AM
ChiaraC's Avatar
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 924
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma93 View Post
And after this very pessimistic posting of mine I´d like to add that these pictures are beautiful and indeed do give hope...
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, masako, naruhito, prince naruhito, princess masako


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako current events 5: Dec. 2008- Dec. 2015 kimebear Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Family 746 01-01-2016 05:46 AM
Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako: Current Events Part 3 Mandy Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Family 115 01-09-2008 01:09 AM
Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako: Current Events Part 2 Mandy Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Family 175 02-23-2007 02:35 AM
Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako: Current Events Mandy Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Family 155 07-24-2006 01:23 AM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde Current Events: Dec 2004-Mar 2005 Ennyllorac Current Events Archive 167 03-20-2005 10:42 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece haakon kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander madeleine member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stéphanie's daytime outfits queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikh hamdan bin mohammed state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises