The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm usually not too fond of Crown Princesses in pantsuits, but I think that Masako looks wonderful in this one! She often looks too matronly for her age, but she looks lovely in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Pics from Belga Picture
Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako visit an exhibition of paintings by Emily Kame Kngwarreye, an Australian aboriginal artist, at the National Art Center in Tokyo on July 2.
Pic 1
Pic 2

Old 07-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito, left, chats with Crown Princess Masako on his departure for Spain at Togu Palace in Tokyo Wednesday, July 16, 2008.

Pics from AP via Yahoo

Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's really very unfortunate that they dont allow her to travel with him. And before you tell me she's not well enough to go, she looks mighty healthy to me.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I don't know...Her eyes looks sad and tired. I think she is in good physical condition, but she still looks slightly sad.

Vanesa.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
I don't know...Her eyes looks sad and tired. I think she is in good physical condition, but she still looks slightly sad.

Vanesa.
Masako looks great on her recent appearance but no one knows what she really feels inside. I can only wish all the best for her
Old 07-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I got a Point De Vue about 3 weeks old and mentioned Naruhito's visit to Spain without Masako. For the first time they mentioned that a modern solution to their problems, may be feasible. They mentioned "divorce" as a possibility. This is very very sad.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

It would indeed be sad to think it is suggested that a couple in love should divorce. Also, when you think about the fact that Masako would have to give up her child, it makes it even sadder. After all this, things will be very different when Naruhito is Emperor.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

If a divorce possibility is entertained, it is truly sad. Crown Princess Masako will likely to lead a very recluse life afterwards. I just hope this news is just rumours and nothing else ...
Old 07-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Last time something like that happen was when the Shah had to divorce Soraya.
However if I remember correctly, to convince Masako to agree to the marriage the Empress promised her protection from the Royal Household (they had terrorised her for years when she was still the CP). Obviously this did not happen and then she criticised Masako herself for not being strong.
I truly hope this lady finds happiness somehow. It would be a sad sad outcome if Naruhito is forced to divorce Masako.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Make-up and a smile can work wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
It's really very unfortunate that they dont allow her to travel with him. And before you tell me she's not well enough to go, she looks mighty healthy to me.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Could a divorce actually be forced? I don't mean having pressure put on them to sign the papers, but could they be divorced without their consent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Last time something like that happen was when the Shah had to divorce Soraya.
However if I remember correctly, to convince Masako to agree to the marriage the Empress promised her protection from the Royal Household (they had terrorised her for years when she was still the CP). Obviously this did not happen and then she criticised Masako herself for not being strong.
I truly hope this lady finds happiness somehow. It would be a sad sad outcome if Naruhito is forced to divorce Masako.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Goodness. I hope it is all speculation on our parts. Prince Naruhito seems to love P Masako. I do not believe anyone can get divorced against his/her will but the Royal Household of Japan seems to be the most controlling group of courtiers around. The poor woman practically lives as a prisoner, she bore a child and no one except P Naruhito, seems to give her any credit. ( I have the bookstore "looking" for the book and cannot wait to get my hands on it.)
Old 07-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Serene Highness

On the contrary, I think it very very unlikely that they would divorce. Naruhito worked very hard to convince Masako to marry him and IMHO he is as much in love with her as ever. The divorce rumors start because there are factions that would like to see them divorce before he ascends the throne. By putting the rumors out there, they try to steer the tide of public opinion that a divorce should take place. If they are still married when he becomes Emperor, then no divorce will be allowed to happen. The same factions are worried about what kind of changes Naruhito will make as an Emperor with a track record of speaking out against the IHA. It's one thing to cast a shadow on a crown prince with a brother who is chomping at the bit for the job. It is quite another to mount a campaign of belittling an emperor.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd be sad looking to if I were basically not allowed sneeze without permission from the IHA. Imagine the smile if her dear hubby leaned over at the airport and said 'Hop on board. F 'em if they dont like it'.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

This makes a great deal of sense to me, especially given the Emperor's role in Shintoism. A person doesn't want to "disrespect" his High Priest! It'll be interesting to see what Naruhito is able to accomplish once he succeeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
The same factions are worried about what kind of changes Naruhito will make as an Emperor with a track record of speaking out against the IHA. It's one thing to cast a shadow on a crown prince with a brother who is chomping at the bit for the job. It is quite another to mount a campaign of belittling an emperor.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I think that if he could understand that there will be a day in which he will be the Emperor and High Priest of Shintoísm, Prince Naruhito could accomplish whatever he wants to. But does he realize WHO he really is?

Vanesa.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Guests at Tonga Coronation

Guess what, it looks that Crown Prince and Princess of Japan attend for the coronation.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure she will be thrilled to actually allowed to go somewhere.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

It is truly great news. I shall be very glad to see Crown Princely couple attending this function. I hope Crown Princess Masako will actually go to Tonga without the last minute "We are sorry to inform you that Crown Princess Masako will not to be able to attend"
Old 07-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, wonderful news! I hope that it all works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is truly great news. I shall be very glad to Crown Princely couple visiting this function.

Tags
crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, masako, naruhito, prince naruhito, princess masako