The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

Why don't IHA let princess Masako travel?

Old 06-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy View Post
There is also a video of the crown prince family released by the Imperial Household Agency to celebrate the crown prince's 48th b-day.

Please visit the site below to see video
 皇太子同妃両殿下,愛子内親王殿下のビデオ

This was the nicest video - it actually brought tears to my eyes. Aiko is so sweet. I love watching the family play a simple child's game - pick-up sticks.
I remember watching the wedding on TV 15 years ago and thought it was
fascinating. I thought that Masako would become like Princess Diana and work tirelessly for charities and travel a lot.
Her life is so confining - I wonder if she ever regrets her marriage.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlan View Post
Why don't IHA let princess Masako travel?
The official reason is that she is recouperating from an "adjustment disorder" and does not undertake most official duties including travel because she "tires easily". The unofficial reason is a bit more complex depending on who you believe.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Japan's troubled prince regrets travelling alone

Japan's crown prince heads to Brazil alone, says trip too tough for Masako - Yahoo! Philippines News

'Imperial diplomacy' proves elusive dream | The Japan Times Online (a very interesting article)
........Rika Kayama, a psychiatrist and author of a book on the Crown Princess titled "Masako-sama Is Crying With You," believes the "marriage was to utilize her ability to engage in Imperial diplomacy, rather than the result of success in love."
"But once she got married, a reality differing from her ideal was waiting for her. I assume that her disappointment and shock was quite big," Kayama said, adding that the Crown Prince, 48, probably feels responsible for not being able to achieve what they had sought.
People in Japan are watching closely for signs that the Crown Princess is recovering from her illness, with some supportive of her and others somewhat critical.
"When the couple were married 15 years ago, Crown Princess Masako was popular and many articles described her personality," said Bunichi Terada, senior editor of the weekly magazine Shukan Josei, which mainly targets housewives in their 30s to 50s.
But the approach of articles changed dramatically in May 2004 when the Crown Prince remarked, "It is true that there were developments that denied Princess Masako's career up to then as well as her personality driven by her career."...........
Old 06-16-2008, 05:16 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Princess Masako and her daughter Princess Aiko wave to Crown Prince Naruhito at the entrance of the Togu Palace in Tokyo today, as he leaves for Brazil. Naruhito wil be in Brazil until June 27 to attend events commemorating the 100th year of Japanese emigration to Brazil

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9...2410f46zc9.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4...6414e7eic5.jpg
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5...4417b66ey9.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5...041a451ki2.jpg
By Belga Picture
Old 06-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

More photos from Prince Naruhito departing from Togu Palace on June 16, 2008. Princess Masako and Aiko sent him off at the entrance.
Photos from AP via Yahoo
Old 06-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

Aiko seems to be very shy of the cameras, poor girl. They do like those pale blue dresses on her, don't they!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Masako looks very nice with her long hair...I think it makes her look younger. Hopefuly some day soon she will undertake a trip with her husband.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD View Post
Masako looks very nice with her long hair...I think it makes her look younger. Hopefuly some day soon she will undertake a trip with her husband.
I truly hope so...
I love Aiko's dress, it looks great on her
Old 06-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD View Post
It's interesting how Masako's hair has got longer as Kiko's has got shorter and vice versa. I wonder if it's a coincidence or, if it's deliberate, which of them is making the decision to look different from the other.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

It must be so hard for Masako when Naruhito's away. She must appreciate having her little girl with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy View Post
More photos from Prince Naruhito departing from Togu Palace on June 16, 2008. Princess Masako and Aiko sent him off at the entrance.
Photos from AP via Yahoo
Old 06-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Commoner

Hello all,

I'm originally from Kyoto but I live in UK now. (since 1992). i just wanted to say I find it very interesting to read about CP and Masako sama- as I dont get to hear or read much news about them over here.

Speaking as a a nurse, I'm aware that recovering process for people with mental illness can be painfully slow. I just hope that divorce rumour I heard about is completely untrue and Masako sama would make a complete recovery one day.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

Hello Seiko and welcome to TRF! We are always please to have another interested member.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Masako looks great with longer hair. I think maybe Aiko was just having a "shy day" as other times I have seen her looking more at ease with the media and cameras. Adorable little girl!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I read with great sympathy about the Princess's illness but I must say she looks better than ever. She is very disciplined indeed to be able to hide her distress and anxiety as well as she does.

It's so sad, such a shame. I remember the wedding, and I remember thinking what a gifted woman and what a great asset she would be to the Imperial family.

Now it's 15 years on....and the news is not good.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Belga Picture
Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako visit an exhibition of paintings by Emily Kame Kngwarreye, an Australian aboriginal artist, at the National Art Center in Tokyo on July 2.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

How nice to see Masako out and about. She looks happy and the longer hair does suit her. Nice pearl ring too!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Commoner

Princess Masako in pic 2 has a very nice smile.

Crown Prince doesnt seem to age much!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Commoner

Since I havent been back to japan at all after I said farewell to my country, I dont know everything that goes on, news-wise, about Imperial family.

So I'm going to ask a very basic question..(pardon me)
Is CP recovering from her mental illness, slowly? Do her Doctors issue any statement at all?
I'm actually an adult nurse working in the UK, so I know little bit about mental illness, that it can take years to overcome that problem. Some sufferer stay on their medication for a long, long, long time.

So I just wonder what the general ...outsome for CP so far, is.

Thank you:-)
Old 07-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Serene Highness

The official word is that she continues to recover slowly.

Tags
crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, masako, naruhito, prince naruhito, princess masako