Criticisms of the Crown Princess and her family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And, it's also very different to say that one is uncertain of a piece of information and ask if anyone else knows a source for it, rather than to state something is true without a source.

ChiaraC, your next to last post was so informative, I've read it a couple of times. Thank you. Posts like those are the reason I love the forums.
Thank you very much, for your support and your interest! :)
I like to share my thoughts (obviously ;)) and the results of my attempts to “piece the puzzle together” (because that is how this whole family matter appears to me). But, of course, I also hope that some members here enjoy to read what I have figured out. That means that you have told me here the very nicest thing that was possible to say.:blush: :flowers:

It really is a sad story all around, for many of the people involved. I'm not without sympathy for Akishino and Kiko, as to me it seems they were quite happy with their two daughters and hadn't planned on raising a third child at this stage in their lives, (although I'm sure they adore their little boy). You never know, of course, but to me the ages of their older two children when the third was born, as well as the timing of the conception in relation to it becoming apparent Masako was never going to have a son, indicate that if Kiko and Akishino went by purely personal preference they'd probably still be a family of four. Whether their reasons for choosing to go ahead and have a third child were good, bad or a bit of both I guess is up for debate.

Actually talk isn't this way at all. There have been reports that early on Kiko and Akishino actually wanted MORE children but were asked by the emperor to refrain because of Masako's problem with having children. I love how nobody brings that up.

... There have been reports that early on Kiko and Akishino actually wanted MORE children but were asked by the emperor to refrain because of Masako's problem with having children...
I would love to see any link to prove your allegations, if you please.;)
Having met TIH the Prince and the Princess Akishino in person several times during recent years, and being acquainted with the Kawashima family for almost 19 years, I've never heard any word about this situation.

Last edited:
Are the problems with this woman still going on? Has there still been no change?

I wasn't aware that CP Masako had suffered a miscarriage at seven months. I knew that there was a miscarriage, but I didn't know that it was that late. That's an age when a child is viable will the help of a prenatal unit! To lose a baby at that stage of development would be heart-breaking for any woman; but to go through that grief in addition to the already-heavy pressure to have a male child plus the regular duties that being a Crown Princess involves (in Masako's case, this includes isolation) would cause any woman to break down temporarily. However, if a person already has a family tendency toward depression (I believe her uncle comitted suicide), what would cause a "normal" woman grief and some depression causes another person to become seriously ill. There are some people who, although given medication and therapy, never truly recover from depression. Most people who suffer from this ailment do recover, but some never do--or they recover temporarily and then slide back.

I agree with you !

I would love to see any link to prove your allegations, if you please.;)
Having met TIH the Prince and the Princess Akishino in person several times during recent years, and being acquainted with the Kawashima family for almost 19 years, I've never heard any word about this situation.

Do you know Paul, too ?

There'd be a difference in size and development, yet the grief would be the same for any mom.

I think a miscarriage at 7 months would be more traumatic than at 7 weeks.

The loss of a hoped-for child is a tragedy. A person couldn't really tell how she'd feel unless she lost one baby at seven months and another at seven weeks and then compared the grief. Otherwise, we can't judge how a mother feels.

The loss of a hoped-for child is a tragedy. A person couldn't really tell how she'd feel unless she lost one baby at seven months and another at seven weeks and then compared the grief. Otherwise, we can't judge how a mother feels.

I agree and Masako was under such a pressure to produce an heir as well. So, the impact must have been enormous.

I'm just saying that a mother losing a child whom she had felt moving inside her and kicking is probably a little more upsetting. Also the shock of losing a child so close to the end of the a pregnancy.

I'm just saying that a mother losing a child whom she had felt moving inside her and kicking is probably a little more upsetting. Also the shock of losing a child so close to the end of the a pregnancy.

I agree with you. And, the ultra-right blamed her for losing an "imperial" foetus which must have been an extra stress on the top of her miscarriage.

Here is a particularly striking example of the nasty and completely absurd rumours that some people choose to constantly spread about the crown princess. In a Japanese forum, there was the following comment posted, in combination with this picture of a newspaper page:
>The other people on the crime list in Japan are Hisashi Owada from the International Court of Justice and Eiji Katsu from the Ministry of Finance. Owada’s daughter, Princess Masako, recently tried to poison the Japanese Emperor, according to families inside the Royal Household Agency.
(The post is currently to be found on this page but the newest posts are always on the first page while the older posts move to pages 2, 3, 4 etc., so it will probably soon be on a different page.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom