CP Naruhito & CP Masako: Photo Thread 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crown Princes

Attachments

• sn990502_9a.jpg
    sn990502_9a.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 244
In The Imperial Garden Party

Attachments

• 0801.jpg
    0801.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 258
I would love to hear a bit about Princess Masako
some history about her

This file photo taken 20 May 2000 shows Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako (L) waving goodbye to Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko as they leave on a 13-day European tour, at the Tokyo International Airport at Haneda. NHK television reported 16 April 2001 that the Princess is showing signs of pregnancy. Masako had a miscarriage and underwent an operation in December 1999, dashing weeks of fevered speculation about whether she was pregnant for the first time after six and a half years of marriage.

Attachments

• FT0085358.jpg
    FT0085358.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 252
Belgium's Prince Laurent © is led by Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito (L) and Princess Masako into the Togu Palace for a dinner upon his arrival at the palace in Tokyo, 03 February 2003. Prince Laurant is in Japan on a five-day visit.

Attachments

• ch002617_guest.jpg
    ch002617_guest.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 404
Belgium's Prince Laurent © talks with Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito (L) and Princess Masako upon his arrival at Togu Palace in Tokyo, 03 February 2003. The Japanese royal couple hosted a dinner for the visiting Belgian prince.

Attachments

• ch002616_guest.jpg
    ch002616_guest.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 438
Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito (L) and Crown Princess Masako visit their grandmother Nagako at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo 15 June 2000. Empress Dowager Nagako, the 97-year-old widow of the late emperor Hirohito, is sick and breathing with the help of an oxygen mask.

5rz0xk3n_guest.jpg

Japanese Crown Princess Masako (L), accompanied by Crown Prince Naruhito ®, waves to wellwishers as she makes her first public appearance 09 February, 2000 at a park in Numazu, Shizuoka Prefecture, since undergoing surgery following a miscarriage in late December. The Princess smiled and waved to 300 people in front of a gate at the Imperial Villa Commemorative Park in Numazu, west of Tokyo.

Attachments

• 5og0xk0c_guest.jpg
    5og0xk0c_guest.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 446
Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito (L) and his wife Crown Princess Masako smile as they visit at the Imperial Villa Commemorative Park in Numazu, west of Tokyo, 09 February 2000. The princess made her first public appearance at the park since undergoing surgery following a miscarriage late December.

Attachments

• 5og0xk0e_guest.jpg
    5og0xk0e_guest.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,617
Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako's Wedding Reception

(L to R) Princess Nori (Crown Prince Naruhito's younger sister), Crown Prince and Princess, Prince Akishino (Crown Prince's younger brother) and his wife Princess Kiko. (in front) Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko.

Attachments

• imperiale.jpg
    imperiale.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 658
The Crown Princes

Attachments

• giappone_3.jpg
    giappone_3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,760
The Crown Princes

Attachments

• giappone_5.jpg
    giappone_5.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,436
The Crown Princes

Attachments

• giappone_4.jpg
    giappone_4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,462
Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito (L) and Crown Princess Masako (2nd L-behind) are greeted by the princess' younger sister, Reiko Owada (2nd R) prior to attending a wedding reception at a hotel in Tokyo, 19 November, 2000. Owada and Masahisa Ikeda (3rd R) held their wedding reception after getting married at a church in New York in October. At ® is Hisashi Owada, father of the crown princess and bride and (4thR) is Michiko Ikeda, mother of bridegroom.

FT0065818.jpg

Originally posted by Josefine@Sep 20th, 2003 - 10:26 am
some history about her
Miss Masako Owada was born as Mr. Hisashi and Mrs. Yumiko Owada's eldest daughter in Tokyo on December 9, 1963. Her father was working for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Miss Masako Owada with her mother at her home

001_b.jpg

Masako moved to Moscow, the Soviet Union for transfer of her father in 1965. She went to the kindergarten in Moscow from 2 years-old time. She began skiing and the skate from these days. It was in 1968 and she moved to New York, the United States for transfer of her father, and She went to the elementary school in New York.

Masako in Moscow

003_b.jpg

She went back to Japan for transfer of a father in 1971, and She was admitted in the Tokyo Shinjuku ward Tomihisa elementary school. Masako was included in the third grader in a private Den-enchofu Futaba school elementary school of Setagaya-ku, Tokyo in 1972. This school is known as a celebrated school in Japan. She was taught tennis from the time of the sixth grader in an elementary school at the tennis club near her school. She graduated from the elementary school in 1976. She wrote it to the column of the future dream of graduation collection of works as the "veterinarian."

Masako entered the private Den-enchofu Futaba school junior high school in 1976. She made the softball part together with the friend at the time of the second-year student in a junior high school. She acted as the captain. Her nickname was "OWA." , Since her family name was "Owada". She was the great fan of professional baseball. Every day, she strove for practice of a softball. She won the victory in the Setagaya-ku softball convention at the time of the third-year student in a junior high school.

Masako entered the private Den-enchofu Futaba school high school in April, 1979. Masako moved to Boston, the United States, for transfer of her father in July of this year. She was admitted in the public high school of in Boston. She belonged to the softball part also at the high school in Boston.

Her family moved to the Soviet Union in July, 1981 for transfer of her father. She entered the Harvard University department of economics in September of this year. She stayed at Germany at a first grader's summer vacation, and studied German, and She stayed at France at a second grader's summer vacation, and studied French. Masako graduated from Harvard University in June, 1985. She won the "Magnum Qum RAUDE" prize sent to a results excellent person. And she went back to Japan.

She did university graduate entrance in the University of Tokyo law department in April, 1986. She passed the diplomat examination in October of this year. She received the interview of a newspaper publishing company as a diplomat of two generation of parents and children at this time. She was that there is also a risk which cannot get married throughout life determined when she passed a diplomat examination. After success, She thought that she had better know the culture of the date book which went to the foreign country in the future, And she began to learn the tea ceremony.

She met the Crown Prince for the first time in October, 1986 in the tea party which greeted Princess Elena of Spain and was held in Crown Prince's Palace.

Miss Masako Owada who receives an interview of a newspaper publishing company after passing a diplomat examination

107.jpg

some history about her
Masako left the University of Tokyo and went into the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in April, 1987. She was assigned to the second international organizations division. Her going-home time was in 2:00 a.m. and 3:00 every day. Because, she had to work with many foreign countries with time difference. She was suddenly reported by mass communications as a Crown Princess candidate's woman in December of this year. And the inside of Japan made it noisy.

The Crown Prince held his birthday press conference in February, 1988. The journalist asked him. "Did His Imperial Highness meet the woman of your ideal?" The Crown Prince answered. "It is found whether I met the woman of my ideal or possibly I did not meet."

Masako moved to Britain in July, 1988 for training of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. She entered the Oxford University graduate school in October of this year.

Masako who goes to London. At the airport in Japan

108.jpg

In London, She was followed about by the camera of mass communications all day long these days. Since a Crown Princess candidate's coverage offensive escalated, Masako held an exceptional interview in London of a studying-abroad place in September, 1989. She said clearly in front of many journalists. "I am not really related about this problem. Please act as me quietly if you please. " For this reason, she disappeared from the list of Crown Princess candidates of mass communications.

Masako finished Britain's studying abroad and went back in June, 1990. She was assigned to two Ministry of Foreign Affairs North American Affairs Bureau North America. She took charge of economic problems, such as SII talks.

The Crown Prince answered about the woman of his ideal at his birthday press conference in 1991. "I would like to choose my wife by myself. I think that it is very important. Even if it takes time."

The report about the Crown Princess was overheated very much in 1992. Therefore, it was decided that the Japan Newspaper Publishers & Editors Association withhold a report during a fixed period about a Crown Princess report.

some history about her
Masako met again with the Crown Prince on August 16, 1992. The resumed place was the house of the President of the Japan International Cooperation Agency, Mr. Yanagiya. The Crown Prince's feeling was already conveyed for Masako through Mr. Yanagiya. This reunion was introduction on condition of marriage.

In October 3, 1992, Masako dated with the Crown Prince at the Shinhama duck place of Imperial-Household possession. At this time, she went to the duck place by the screened car which the Imperial Household Agency prepared. Since it is not found to mass communications. The Crown Prince asked these opportunities repeatedly to consent to marriage to Masako. However, Masako declined to it.

In November 28, 1992, Masako visited the Crown Prince's Palace. However, the feeling of her declining did not change.

In December 12, 1992, After Masako was absent from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs the 10th day or more, she visited the Crown Prince's Palace again. The Crown Prince and Masako had a pleasant talk only by them for about 3 hours on that day. And Masako has consented to marriage. The will of matrimonial acceptance was formally told to the Imperial Household Agency from Mr. Owada after one week.

In December 25, 1992, Masako greeted His Majesty the Emperor and the Her Majesty the Empress with the Crown Prince at the Crown Prince's Palace.

In January 6, 1993, The report of Miss Masako Owada's private decision with the Crown Princess was performed.

210.jpg

In January 19, 1993, Masako made a formal decision in the Imperial Household Council at the Crown Princess. Then, the Crown Prince and Masako held an engagement interview.

303.jpg

In February 9, 1993, Masako resigned the Ministry of Foreign Affairs formally.

309.jpg

In April 12, 1993, "Nosai-no-Gi"

302.jpg

In April 20, 1993, "Kokki-no-Gi"

In June 9, 1993, The Weeding Day

011_b.jpg

014_b.jpg

some history about her
A part of engagement press conference of the Crown Prince and Miss Masako Owada.

Reporter : Please let me know the time, a place, and its words of a proposal of marriage of the Crown Prince, Moreover, please let me know the time and words of Miss Masako's reply.

Crown Prince : I said to Masako at the duck place on October 13. "Will you marry me ? ". Her answer did not clarify at that time. Then, when she visited to the Crown Prince's Palace on December 12, I said again. " Will you marry me?". And She said " Yes.".

Miss Masako : On December 12, I asked His Imperial Highness. "Am I truely suitable to your wife?" His Imperial Highness answered like this to it. " YES." Then, I said to him like this. "Supposing I would become your power, I will receive your proposal of marriage respectfully. You said to me that it can be thought that I am very fortunate and very glad or happy until now. I believe your words, and I want to live with you. I have consented to your proposal of marriage. Therefore, since you are always happy, I do my best. And I also do my best, When I look back upon my life, say like this. "My life was good life." Although it thinks that there are also many points which are not perfect, I do my best."

R : Why did you refuse the Crown Prince's proposal of marriage at first?

M : Because, I was working earnestly at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I worried about whether the work should be stopped very much. Therefore, I needed time to be enough and think, by the time it makes my new decision.

R : Please let me know the impression when meeting again with each other impression when meeting for the first time.

CP : I received the very strong impression, when he met her for the first time. The conversation with her was very pleasant. There was similarity in our conversation. I felt very much the feeling that the heart led each other to each other. She had become a diplomat when we met again. And she had become a still more wonderful woman. I was very glad about it.

M : When I met him for the first time, I became it tense very much. However, our conversation remembers that it was very pleasant after that. Since I knew his feeling when we met again, honestly I was a complicated feeling.

R : Isn't there any regret in stopping a diplomat's work? and What is the thing which made you decide to enter the Imperial Household?

M : It will become a lie if it says that there is no regret in stopping the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. But as a result of my considering many things by myself in the autumn of last year, I determined going into the Imperial Household. Because, I thought that my new duty was in the Imperial Household. Now. I do not repent at all about it.

When I worried, His Imperial Highness said in this way. The words of his moved my feeling. " I understand that you feel Many uneasiness and worries about this marriage. But I protect you from all things throughout life. Even if It is desperate."

"Please think until you are convinced. Since there was time about which I also worried. I would like to marry you truly. I considered so all the time from the time of meeting you for the first time. However, it worried very much with the ability of me to make you happy truly. "

I thought that I was glad from his really sincere feeling. And I opted for marriage.

CP : We were not able to have much time to discuss slowly. Because, she was working as a diplomat, and Studying abroad was also carried out for training of a diplomat. Moreover, there were the intense coverage offensive of mass communications occurred. However, I thought of Masako as my wife from the beginning. Therefore, I am very fortunate now. When she is painful, I promises that I surely protect her. I promis.

009_b.jpg

I translated this sentence. Therefore, this sentence is full of mistakes. SORRY, MY ENGLISH IS VERY POOR...

Attachments

• 303.jpg
    303.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,234
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom