World Economic Forum (WEF) on the Middle East and North Africa: 2003-2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful photo's. I like the red shirt of Rania

The Join Red campaign is for combating Aids in Africa
(RED)

Definitely a great cause for the Queen to be supporting.

Dead Sea, May 19 (Petra)-- In the presence of His Majesty King Abdullah II, Jordan signed on Saturday strategic local and international business agreements valued at over US$2.5 billion on the margins of the fourth World Economic Forum on the Middle East meeting being held at the Dead Sea.
LINK

The Dead Sea, May 20 (Petra) – The Arab Business Council (ABC) and INJAZ Al-Arab announced today the signing of partnership agreement for ABC to sponsor INJAZ’s Adopt a School Program.

The Partnership agreement was signed by Shafik Gabr, Chairman of the Arab Business Council and Soraya Salti, Regional Director of INJAZ Al-Arab on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum, which will conclude today at the Dead Sea
LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
A few good ones from ANP :)

Jordan's Queen Rania attends a session on the third day of the World Economic Forum on the shores of Jordan's Dead Sea, 20 May 2007. A World Economic Forum on the Middle East wraps up today after highlighting the need for education to strengthen competitiveness and amid calls to support an Arab plan for peace with Israel. AFP PHOTO/KHALIL MAZRAAWI

Full length shot
Entering the conference room
King Abdullah, Queen Rania behind
King & Queen - this is a good picture of them both
Queen Rania talking
Queen Rania

ABC Sign Agreement with INJAZ Al-Arab - Link ( this is supported by Queen Rania)

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos, there are some nice ones of the King and Queen.

dazzling said:
Jordan's Queen Rania speaks during the final day of the World Economic Forum at the King Hussein Convention Centre at the Dead Sea May 20, 2007. Hundreds of the world's businessmen gathered on the Jordanian side of the Dead Sea to discuss social and political reforms in the world. REUTERS/Ali Jarekji (JORDAN) via yahoo news

Queen rania
Queen rania
Queen rania
Queen rania
Queen rania - this is a nice picture
King & Queen
King & Queen & CP of Bahrain

Petra Pictures about the same event , May 20, 2007.

http://www.supload.us/free/2722I.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/2717I.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/2723I.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/2718I.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/2719I.jpg/view/

I love that black dress with the full skirt that Rania wore on the last day.

No gala pictures?

KA is a lucky man! I admire Queen Rania for the active role she's playing. She does a great job for her country and is a hard worker. She's a perfect ambassador for Jordan worldwide and IMO more recognized for her professional work than for her good looks and perfect dresses which is quite an achievement for a woman in the Middle East.

Humera said:

Humera the unknown gentleman is the moroccan Prime Minister Driss Jettou:) who represent morocco in the event
here pics from the arrival
Daily News
Daily News
meeting with abdullah II
Daily News
News
also with Klaus Schwab
- LE MATIN.ma
as I didn't find the link in english I try to translate
M. Schwab the presedent of WFE who meet M.jettou wishes to see an international demonstration organized in order to inform international community about the importantes development realized in morocco and in different fields espicially on economic and political.

Thanks shrifia. To be honest I only knew of the Pakistani PM and Afghan president among the political leaders at the event. The Salvadorean and Croatian presidents were identified by the captions in Gettyimages but they didnt mention the Moroccan PM (although I knew he was going to be in Jordan for the G11 summit)

Do we have any video of the queen speaking in this last black outfit?

I saw a picture of Queen Rania recently wearing a red t-shirt with something like empowerment on it. When was this? I think that it was at some conference.

Day 2 - May 19, 2007

Mohammed Bin Rashid Launches Foundation to Promote Human Development with US$10bn Endowment

The Dead Sea, May 19 (Petra) – His Highness, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, today launched the "Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation".
. . . “The Foundation’s mission is to invest in knowledge and human development, focusing specifically on research, education and promoting equal opportunities for the personal growth and success of our youth. The Foundation’s programmes are also aimed at enhancing the standing of scholars and intellectuals in the Arab world," Sheikh Mohammad added. Petra

Photos from Petra, BNA and WEF:
Sheikh Muhammad listens to Klaus Schwab
Sheikh Muhammad delivering his address
Hailde Schwab, Queen Rania, King Abdullah, Princess Haya, Prince Feisal and Sheikh Hamdan(?) listen to the speech
Queen Rania, King Abdullah, Princess Haya and Prince Feisal
Another photo of the audience, this one includes Prince Ali and Prince Hamzah (on the far right)
Queen Rania and Princess Haya

King, Queen receives Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Princess Haya

Dead Sea, May 19 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Saturday receives HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, and his wife HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein. Petra

Photos from Petra and BNA:
King Abdullah and Queen Rania receive Sheikh Muhammad and Princess Haya
King Abdullah and Queen Rania receive Sheikh Muhammad and Princess Haya - 2

Last edited:
More from Day 2 - May 19, 2007

King Opens G-11 Summit

Dead Sea, May 19(Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II affirmed that the Group of Eleven share a commitment to development-structural reforms and accelerated programs that advance the opportunities, prosperity for our people.

In the opening address of the Group of Eleven on Saturday at the Dead Sea, the King stressed the importance of supportive partnerships, among ourselves and with other nations – partnerships that can cement our gains and sustain our progress into the future.

The king announced that the G-8 Presidency has extended an invitation to the G-11 Presidency to discuss the establishment of a formal, institutional relationship between the two groups. Petra

Speech – Part 1
Speech – Part 2
Article continued
Article continued – 2
Article continued – 3

Petra photos:
Image Gallery - Click Here

G-11 countries agree on framework to advance economic goals

DEAD SEA, Jordan, May 19 (APP)- The eleven countries of the G-11 Group Saturday agreed on a framework to advance common development objectives and institutionalize links with the G-8 forum to explore means for enhancing cooperation in areas including trade, investment, culture and transportation.The leaders of the G-11 held their second summit here on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum.In a communique they reaffirmed their commitment to shared goals to achieve sustainable growth, meet the Millennium Development Goals and make a stronger contribution to the global economy.
. . . The forum was established with the personal interest and help of King Abdullah. The member states are Jordan, Pakistan, Croatia, Georgia, Honduras, Paraguay, Ecuador, Morocco, Sri Lanka, El-Salvador and Indonesia. Associated Press of Pakistan

King meets top officials participating in WEF

Article summarizing King Abdullah’s meetings with Afghan President Hamid Karzai, Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi, Danish Prime Minister Anders Rasmussen and Yemeni President Abdel Karim al-Eryani.

Petra Photo:
Prince Hamzah and Prince Feisal attend the session “Stability in the Middle East…Who Takes the Lead?”

acdc1 said:
I saw a picture of Queen Rania recently wearing a red t-shirt with something like empowerment on it. When was this? I think that it was at some conference.

PPE Agency

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE/Office of HM/Nieboer.

Thank you for links and photos ;)
I saw WEF in Jordan TV,but not the whole.And I didn't understand everything.

(L to R) Queen Rania of Jordan moderates as, Barbra Ibrahim, the founding director of the John D. Gerthart Center for Philanthropy and Civic Engagment, Saudi Prince Turki al-Faisal, Chairman of the King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies and Fadi Ghandour, Co-Cordinator of the World Economic Forum, listen during a session entitled "Defining Global Citizenship: From Philanthropy to Activism," at the World Economic Forum on the shores of the Dead Sea, 19 May 2007. Arab and world leaders gathered today in Jordan for the second day of the three-day World Economic Forum to advance economic diversification and promote peace in the troubled Middle East. MARWAN NAAMANI

Image Gallery - Click Here

The photos of queen rania with the red tee shirt are very nice, she is very pretty

loubna2 said:
The photos of queen rania with the red tee shirt are very nice, she is very pretty
I agree with you

Pakistani fashion designer, HSY, held a fashion show during the WEF. Among those attending were Pakistani Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz and the Pakistani Minister for Economic Affairs Hina Rabbani Khar
Daily Times - Sunday
Daily Times - Sunday

World Economic Forum on the Middle East - Dead Sea, May 15-17, 2009

World Economic Forum on the Middle East 2009

The World Economic Forum on the Middle East, the region’s foremost gathering of government, business and civil society leaders, will take place on 15-17 May 2009 at the Dead Sea, Jordan.
World Economic Forum - World Economic Forum on the Middle East 2009

Thanks for the photo. Btw, salma, do you know if the Petra Nobel Laureates Conference is taking place this year? I haven't heard anything so far...

Thanks, I was concerned it might not be taking place after the Elie Weisel's losses during the Madoff scandal.

Back
Top Bottom