Terrorist Attack in Amman: November 9, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan's Queen Rania attends a signing ceremony for the 59 victims of the Amman blasts of November 9, at the entrance of Radisson Sas hotel November 17, 2005 in Amman, Jordan

From getty

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 362
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Jordan's Queen Rania speaks with families outside the Radisson SAS hotel in Amman November 17, 2005, during the inauguration ceremony of a mural to commemorate those who were killed in the three explosions that hit the Radisson SAS and two other hotels on November 9. REUTERS/Ali Jarekji

Pictures from Reuters & Polfoto

Attachments

• r340084714.jpg
    r340084714.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 405
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 406
  • AP469944_guest.jpg
    AP469944_guest.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 288
  • AP469961_guest.jpg
    AP469961_guest.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 299
Queen visits blast site to sign memorial for terror victims

AMMAN — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Thursday signed a banner at Radisson SAS Hotel bearing the names of those killed in the Nov. 9 terror attacks on three Amman hotels.

During the visit, the Queen also launched a national system for crisis intervention and psychological support for families and victims.

The initiative came from the Jordan Society for the Protection of Family Violence (JSPFV), which was established in 1998.
http://www.jordantimes.com/fri/homenews/homenews2.htm

Pictures from Petra:

I Just saw on the news that ZarQuawi may have been killed in Iraq...Is that true?

danburdopt said:
I Just saw on the news that ZarQuawi may have been killed in Iraq...Is that true?

I heard the same...let's wait and see if it's confirmed!

queen rania

Queen Rania on tv this neight.......jordan tv and future tv....at 6 GMT....:) :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
please please! I don't live in jordan and I won't be able to be in front of tv at 6 . Does anyone know where I can find the video of this inetrview on internet?

clymène said:
please please! I don't live in jordan and I won't be able to be in front of tv at 6 . Does anyone know where I can find the video of this inetrview on internet?

ummm I think u can see it at JTV online,but I am not sure of trhe URL :(

If Al Zarqawi has been killed, it comes on the heels of his own family renouncing him and his acts of terrorism and reaffirming their support for the King. He really has lost any support he had with what has happened in Amman.

well the White House has been playing this down. It'll take time to identify the bodies. The Americans do have his DNA.
Only last week that man threatened to kill King Abdullah.

I don't know about anybody else, but I find it disgraceful that it's taken his family this long to denounce him to begin with!

Little_star said:
I don't know about anybody else, but I find it disgraceful that it's taken his family this long to denounce him to begin with!

they did very long time ago. they even thought he got killed 3 years ago,

Lilmonkey please did you watch queen rania on jordan TV yesterday? Can you tell us what she said?

True; apparently--as it is being reported in the NY Times and other papers--that did occur but this time there were even more members of the family present reaffirming their support for KA.

lil Monkey said:
they did very long time ago. they even thought he got killed 3 years ago,

"they did very long time ago. they even thought he got killed 3 years ago,"

Ah I see, I was under the impression this was the first such declaration.

In the aftermath of Amman bombings – “Business as usual” for tourists in Petra
corner_l_t.1.gif
Posted: 15-11-2005 , 16:05 GMT
corner_l_b.1.gif
More than 7,500 people have visited Petra archeological site since the suicide bombing attacks, which took place in three Amman hotels last Wednesday.

Director of Petra Tourism Department Malik Amrat said that 2,000 tourists visited Petra on Friday while the daily range of visitors reached 1,400 since Wednesday. He added that local hotels have not reported any canceling in reservations.

Amrat added that over the next period tourists from various parts of the world will visit Petra, according to their original plans.
http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/Jordan/191436

clymène said:
Lilmonkey please did you watch queen rania on jordan TV yesterday? Can you tell us what she said?

it wasn't really an interview,I got diappointed,it was rather a 2 mns speech,from an old meeting,it was recorded

Tourism Update

It's good to see tourists are still coming to Jordan. One of the real shames of this matter--apart from the obvious loss of life--is that Jordanians who earn their livings from tourism could suffer if tourism decreases. :mad:

maryshawn said:
It's good to see tourists are still coming to Jordan. One of the real shames of this matter--apart from the obvious loss of life--is that Jordanians who earn their livings from tourism could suffer if tourism decreases. :mad:

Yea this one of the Government's main concerns,it will affect our economy so much,negatively of course.

12/11/2005 (from Al_Arab Al Yowm newspaper )

PA with PHaya and P Rym joining a protest against the blasts in Amman

PRym lost a lot of weight ,and PA looks great wearing Al Hattah :)

Attachments

• hyd.JPG
    hyd.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 488
A new Prime Minister to be appointed tonight...
Dr.Al-bakheet was appointed prime minister after the King asked Dr.Badran to hand in his resignation.

(all News channels say this move has smthin to do with Amman Attacks.)

suria said:
12/11/2005 (from Al_Arab Al Yowm newspaper )

PA with PHaya and P Rym joining a protest against the blasts in Amman

PRym lost a lot of weight ,and PA looks great wearing Al Hattah :)

Thanks for posting the photo Suria and Zaknoulia...I said Rym would lose the weight. Her hair is longer too. I guess this picture puts to rest whether or not Haya was actually in Jordan or Dubai.:rolleyes:

sommone said:
Thanks for posting the photo Suria and Zaknoulia...I said Rym would lose the weight. Her hair is longer too. I guess this picture puts to rest whether or not Haya was actually in Jordan or Dubai.:rolleyes:

you are welcome :) , i think Rym lost a lot of weight her face seems too thin,Haya and Rym seem to be friends , its really nice to see them together , PA now is living in the middle of three beautiful princess ;) he is their spoilt man

screen caps from footage shown in last night's Nightline interview with Queen Rania

The posts about Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi being killed in an air raid today have been removed. This news item has nothing to do directly with the 9/11 attacks as they relate to the Jordanian royal family.

Furthermore, the posts in this thread were spinning into a discussion of a political nature, which is against our Posting Rules & Guidelines.

Please exercise caution when adding to this thread. If in doubt, check with a member of the moderating team.

Alexandria
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom