Terrorist Attack in Amman: November 9, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amman blasts: Jordanians react

Jordanians have been holding protests over the attacks

Jordanians have reacted with horror following three deadly bomb blasts in the nation's capital.
Many have also participated in protests over the attacks in the streets of Amman.
The BBC News website spoke to four Jordanians about the bombings, what they mean for their country and how it will impact their lives.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4425578.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
suria said:
i:( agree with you , even PA doesn't seem good , the terror attack effect on him too , Rym looks so tired and Ali's eyes are full of tears i watched a full report yesterday about the king activities and PA was with him , you can surly tell that he was crying ....:(

Y u so sure he was crying? well,he looks tired and he probably was so sad and mad,but why would he be crying?

And as for Rym,she doesn't look too different to me,she looks tired and touched,but 3ady.

I dont understand whats on the mind of these sucide bombers..I am wondering why would they sacrifice their precious lives in order to make the bomb explode and kill many..

Try to read smth about Islamic religion. About warrior's good death.

magnik said:
Try to read smth about Islamic religion. About warrior's good death.

Is that ur Idea about Jihad an Istishhad??! Killing innocent people?!

WHERE IS PRINCE HAMZAH AND PRINCESS NOOR HAMZAH????????????
did they visit z victims? whats wrong with him , why he wasnt in jordan??????

lil Monkey said:
Is that ur Idea about Jihad an Istishhad??! Killing innocent people?!

Yes - about Jihad with his original meaning. (Read about Fitna too.)

As my professor who deal with Arabian subject metters teach: In XIIth century Jihad was announcement second time after first in 750 a.Ch. Jihad means fight about liberation of the Muslims grounds from under West-European reign (today for many Jihad means only fight with the West). It came from learneds and the mosque-leaders not frm the state. For Fundamental Islamistsf.ex.: their faith is the only one and true, all non - islamic people are infidel (must be convert to the Islam faith), there can't be rich men - that's bad and must be fighted (one of the reasons of terrorists attacks on last few years).

Mahoogie, I think that suicide bombers find in these kind of acts a way to give a sense and a purpose to their lives... It's linked to group psychology..They don't have much most of the time...and for that can be easily convinced by any terrorist oraganization leader...

desertrosemrk said:

This is horrible. How can this woman walk into somewhere, anywhere and do such things to innocent families or anyone else -- western or not -- for that matter??? What on earth could they have been hoping to accomplish with such an act???:mad: :eek: :(

and how can she even show her miserable face -- she needs to be held accountable for what she did. :mad: :eek: :(

Horrible woman, I'm glad they caught her.

IMO, she and those others must be completely out of their minds or something.:mad: :eek::(

Makes absolutely no sense at all

Last edited:
I understand from some of your posts that you might be of the Islamic faith, whilst I beleive that many of us are not, please keep your comments which don't condemn the horrendous attacks, to yourselves, as they might hurt and infuriate some of us. I am not a Muslim, but have read and heard from many Islamic preachers who (bravely) said that any killing of innocent civilians, whatever their religion is forbidden in Islam. Now whether that be true or not, I, and many others prefer to believe that, so as not to have any antagonistic feelings towards any ethnic or relegious group.

Thanks!

BTW King A and Queen R are doing a super job, they are supportive, humane and emotional!

auntie said:
I understand from some of your posts that you might be of the Islamic faith, whilst I beleive that many of us are not, please keep your comments which don't condemn the horrendous attacks, to yourselves, as they might hurt and infuriate some of us. I am not a Muslim, but have read and heard from many Islamic preachers who (bravely) said that any killing of innocent civilians, whatever their religion is forbidden in Islam. Now whether that be true or not, I, and many others prefer to believe that, so as not to have any antagonistic feelings towards any ethnic or relegious group.

Thanks!

BTW King A and Queen R are doing a super job, they are supportive, humane and emotional!
Excuse me Auntie,I think it's unfair to close the subject like this,because what she's saying has nothing to do with what's happening now...Suicide bombers who claim to defend Islam are actually undertaking acts that are completely unacceptable by Islam,God said in the Holy Qura'an (Wala taktulu Al-nafs alaty haram allah ela bel hak)..DO NOT KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE...even during wars,the Prophet PBUH,made it clear for "al-Mujahideen" not to kill a women,unplant a plant,cut a tree,hurt children and elderly, not even hurt anyone from any other religion as long as they don't fight against u or try to kill you,even when it comes to holding captive (captivation(?), it has curtain rules and in Islam we have to take good care of those held captive. so please,What she is saying is an attempt of twisting reality and how Islam is,and as I said before closing this subject based solely on what she said is not fair,that's why I tried as much as I could to at least explain how things really are in Islam, there are probably better persons in terms of speaking about such delicate issues, and of course better in terms of trying to explain, especially that my native language isn't english,but I am hoping that I managed to at least try and explain why such acts are against Islam.

I wish to have such a serious discussion with three persons,King Abdullah,prince Hassan and Prince Hamzah cuz I think they are the best to talk about terrorism and how Islam views it here in Jordan.

Thanks for clarifying it! I just felt I had to say what I did as some of the posts were actually trying to somewhat defend suicide bombers, who are misreable people IMO, their ringleader need to be horsewhipped, or worse:mad: !

auntie said:
Thanks for clarifying it! I just felt I had to say what I did as some of the posts were actually trying to somewhat defend suicide bombers, who are misreable people IMO, their ringleader need to be horsewhipped, or worse:mad: !

sometimes those suicide bombers are somhow "brain washed" ...something is probably done to them,so that they think killing innocent people is gonna send them directly to heaven...

marmarina said:
WHERE IS PRINCE HAMZAH AND PRINCESS NOOR HAMZAH????????????
did they visit z victims? whats wrong with him , why he wasnt in jordan??????

I think he's in Jordan,as i said a couple of times,in the threads (which shows u don't read everything in the threads ;)) that I saw him on TV last friday performing al Juma'a prayers with King Abdullah.

While the acts of the suicide bombers are horrendous, you need to let people express their feelings. It is perhaps their way to somewhat understand what cannot really be understood by regular people. We all have a different way to heal and should respect everyone's opinions. No matter what. You may not agree, but you need to respect and just state your point, just like it was done here.

Roxsteve said:
While the acts of the suicide bombers are horrendous, you need to let people express their feelings. It is perhaps their way to somewhat understand what cannot really be understood by regular people. We all have a different way to heal and should respect everyone's opinions. No matter what. You may not agree, but you need to respect and just state your point, just like it was done here.

Yea thank you.

Roxsteve said:
I agree.

one has to respect the diversity of people's opinions. My hope is the opinions will continue to be expressed respectfully...

Queen joins school children in denouncing terrorist attacks
(Petra)

Queen discusses attacks with school students

AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Monday joined a group of high school girls in a candid discussion of their feelings and thoughts following last week's triple suicide attacks.

Upon her arrival at the Tla Al Ali High School for Girls, the Queen and some 50 students stood in a moment of silence and prayer for the women, men and children who lost their lives in last Wednesday's bomb attacks on three of the capital's international hotels.

http://www.jordantimes.com/tue/homenews/homenews3.htm

Last edited:
While I understand that the terrorist attacks in Jordan have brought out strong emotions in everyone, this forum is not the place to discuss religion and its role in the terrible events of last week.

As per our Posting Rules & Guidelines, discussion of politics and religion is not permitted. While I understand that sometimes some events or affairs that royals are involved in tie with politics, such discussion should be limited.

The direction that this thread has been going in surpasses what would be considered acceptable at this forum. Any future comments which address religion or the politics of this terrorist attack will be removed. Period.

The Jordanian royal family has been doing a lot in relation to this terrorist attack, such as visiting hospitals and I that is the point of this thread.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/14/28805400.htm

Spain Crown Prince Visits Jordanian Embassy in Madrid</STRONG>
Pet0593 4 0104 Spain Crown Prince Visits Jordanian Embassy in Madrid Madrid, Nov. 14 (Petra) -- Spain Crown Prince, Prince Phillip on Monday visited the Jordanian embassy in Madrid, met with Jordanian Ambassador Zeid Al Lawzi and presented condolences for Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah and for the Jordanian people and government. Prince Phillip expressed Spain support for Jordan and condemned the terrorist act. //Petra// 141603 Local NOV 2005 

President Mahmoud Abbas (L) meets with King Abdullah II of Jordan in the Jordanian Capital Amman on November 14, 2005. Abbas offered condolences after terrorists struck three hotels on November 9 killing 57 people.

from newscom

Attachments

• upiphotos658474.jpg
    upiphotos658474.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 301
Alexandria said:
While I understand that the terrorist attacks in Jordan have brought out strong emotions in everyone, this forum is not the place to discuss religion and its role in the terrible events of last week.

As per our Posting Rules & Guidelines, discussion of politics and religion is not permitted. While I understand that sometimes some events or affairs that royals are involved in tie with politics, such discussion should be limited.

The direction that this thread has been going in surpasses what would be considered acceptable at this forum. Any future comments which address religion or the politics of this terrorist attack will be removed. Period.

The Jordanian royal family has been doing a lot in relation to this terrorist attack, such as visiting hospitals and I that is the point of this thread.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

VERY WELL SAID, I TRIED TO SAY THE SAME THING, BUT I WAS TOO EMOTIONAL:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
King, Queen Visit to Netherlands postponed

Due to the terror attacks in Amman on November 9, the state visit by Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al-Abdullah to the Netherlands, originally scheduled to take place from November 29 to December 1, has been postponed, the Royal Court announced.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/15/28837800.htm

I've been expecting an announcement like this. I think its the right and appropriate decision. As much as I and many others have been looking forward to this state visit, I think its still too soon after the attacks, had it gone ahead as planned there would've been an air of sadness around the whole thing. There's a lot of important things for King Abdullah to take care of at home right now.
Hopefully the visit will be re-scheduled for early next year. Another plus of a postponement is that Princess Maxima, who would've missed the original state visit because of her trip to South America, will be able to join her family in welcoming KA and QR.

King, Queen meet with families of terror victims

AMMAN (Petra) — Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania on Tuesday met with the families of the victims of the November 9 terrorist attacks on three Amman hotels.

At a Royal Court meeting, King Abdullah told the families of the victims that the courage, unity and solidarity Jordanians showed sent a strong message to the terrorists that they have no place in the Kingdom.

"The pain you felt for the loss of your beloved ones, who were killed for no crime they committed, was shared by all Jordanians, regardless of their origins or religions," the King said.

http://www.jordantimes.com/wed/homenews/homenews2.htm

Pictures from Petra:

I gather Queen Rania has cancelled her trip to the US--or did I miss something? It's probably a good decision at this point. Yes, she would have had a lot to say but it really seems her presence is needed in Jordan right now.

"I gather Queen Rania has cancelled her trip to the US--or did I miss something? "

I haven't heard anything but I'm guessing that would be correct. After all they've cancelled their state visit which is a much more important affair.

Security fears grow in Jordan as officials resign

Associated Press
AMMAN, JORDAN - The national security adviser and 10 other top Jordanian officials resigned following hotel bombings that killed 58 people, sparking national outrage and raising concerns over the handling of the country's national security services. A fourth American died of wounds sustained in the attacks, according to the U.S. Embassy, raising the death toll to 58, plus the three bombers.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/world/3464427

Well, as Humera was speculating earlier, it was the right decision although she said and I, too, would have understood whatever choice she made. Cancelling the state visit was probably a head's up on this one, too. She is doing wonderful work in Jordan and it's right and proper for her to stay. Frankly, seeing what she's been doing, I can't imagine she would think of leaving right now.
Little_star said:
"I gather Queen Rania has cancelled her trip to the US--or did I miss something? "

I haven't heard anything but I'm guessing that would be correct. After all they've cancelled their state visit which is a much more important affair.

Princess Basma participates in a march (Petra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom