The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Courtier

this is all so sad - i think that when i hear it on the news it is just a number and then you hear the individual stories like these that make your heart break. But God willing they will go stronger and will receive support long after these stories fade to the background. I cannot imagine - not even a little bit - what must be going through these people's minds and hearts. All I can do is to keep them in my prayers.

Sometimes I look at the Muslim world and really there are so many sad things. Iraq war, Palestinian conflict, Pakistan earthquake, the Indonesian tsunami last year, and now this. It's all very sad but we must grow stronger and Insha'Allah we will.

Old 11-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Well said madonna. We will, Insh'allah.
It is great to see all the demonstrations of unity and Jordanians rallying around their country and their King, as well as the way the royal family has consoled Jordanians, not as subjects but as own their extended family, a term that has been used so often by King Hussein, King Abdullah, and again recently by Queen Rania and Queen Noor. I have said this in the past and what I have seen recently has re-affirmed this belief of mine, the familial bond that I sense between the JRF and its people is something I dont see in any other royal family.

King Abdullah visits the injured (Petra)

Old 11-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

heh..thats too funny madonna. I actually missed the interview the first time. But around the time I was going to bed last night, I decided to flip through the channels for some news and came across Anderson Cooper just a minute or two before the interview began. When he mentioned he was going to speak to someone who was born in the USA and had lived in Jordan, Queen Noor didnt come to my mind. But then he mentioned her so I sat up at once and had my hand ready over the keyboard. Screen caps are quite easy for me btw..as soon as I spot something of interest, all I have to do is to press F12 and the image is captured. And thats why I dont really have to know in advance when any of the royals will be on tv, though it does help. A lot of the times I simply stumble onto something of interest and as long as the footage is long enough, I am able to make screen caps.
I agree with you btw about Queen Noor looking much more attractive on TV.
I was expecting her to make some sort of statement on TV and here she was. I think it would be nice if she could go to Jordan and visit the injured.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Courtier

yeah i think that would be nice as well.

she also mentioned that her daughter - she didn't specify which one - had said the other day "why does this have to happen to us? why does this have to happen to jordan?" (or something to that effect) regarding the attacks.

i think queen noor's children at least are very nationalist no matter where they may be living right now.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Hassan attending a rally denouncing the terrorist attacks in Amman.
Screencaps:
Old 11-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

The photos and stories are heartwrenching. Queen Rania and King Abdullah are doing an incredible job under impossible circumstances trying to make the victims and their families feel they are being loved and supported. They are acting as representatives not only of the government but all of Jordan and the vast majority of those of us in this world who regard these acts as so vile, so heinous and evil they are beyond any defense. Hearing the stories and seeing the photos literally has the equivalent of being punched in the stomach again and again. The shared experiences, the looks in the eyes of those providing comfort and those receiving it is a profound study in the good of humanity, steadfast determination, and unbowed love--staring down the face of evil. Queen Rania and King Abdullah are doing magnificent work and I am filled with admiration for them, the survivors, and all of those who are rallying to provide care and express support.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Excerpt from QN Interview with CNN

She couldn't have said it better:

QUEEN NOOR: I think there -- there are probably a range of factors. I personally think that they have made a significant tactical error here.

COOPER: Because?

QUEEN NOOR: Because they have attacked innocent civilians, primarily Muslims. In that, it's a sin against Islam, what they have done.

And I think that those who comprise many of -- of the either disaffected or those searching for the best way for their grievances and frustrations and anger to be resolved or -- or represented will look at this in horror.

And I think they -- that they will lose support as a result of what they have done, because it's targeting an Arab country, Arab civilians. There's no clear military target, if that were an objective, or if they could consider that a justification, as in so many of these suicide bombings, which are, again, a sin against Islam. This was a -- a gratuitous killing of innocent civilians in the most bloodthirsty, abominable fashion.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Commoner

Hashem

Will Prince Hashem be back in Jordan ?

His brother's are back in concern of the bombing ...

Is there any news on him?

( "Qubbet el-Hawa" )
Old 11-12-2005, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Various screen caps. Last picture from Viennareport

Old 11-12-2005, 02:40 AM
Aristocracy

Here are smaller versions of the latest Petra pics.

Both pics are from Abaca Press America
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	427874.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	212451   Click image for larger version

Name:	427875.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	212452  

Pigeonhole THIS.com
Old 11-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaLynn07
I am so sorry, nounours...:(
I wish your friend's father a speedy recovery.
Actually, I'm sorry to say that he passed away. Some of you might have heard of him, he was a renowned film maker named Moustafa Akkad...his injuries were very great:(
Old 11-12-2005, 05:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
EVERY PERSON IN THE WORLD SHOULD BE MAD
God Bless Jordan and the Royal Family
:(

you are right , what’s really breaks my heart , that they use Al Islam as an excuse to do this terrorist thing , while Al Islam it too far from what they do
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 11-12-2005, 05:14 AM
Courtier

PA visited with KA the wounded in hospitals yesterday

from gettimages
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56141018.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	212488  
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 11-12-2005, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
:(

you are right , what’s really breaks my heart , that they use Al Islam as an excuse to do this terrorist thing , while Al Islam it too far from what they do
I agree with you
Old 11-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by yivon

if i'm not mistaken he was actually the King's Regent at the time the bombs occured.
He was sworn a day earlier because the king is leaving on official visit to kazakstan (am i pronouncing this right?), so he was the 1st one to visit the victims at the hospital.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yivon

he has been in Jordan the whole time. even his brother prince Hamzah is back.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Prince Hassan attending a rally denouncing the terrorist attacks in Amman.
Screencaps:
He was being interviewed last night on Al-Arabiya to talk about terrorism.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
He was being interviewed last night on Al-Arabiya to talk about terrorism.
I saw Prince Hassan on CNNi and Sky television, and heard him on the BBC. Jordanian friends say that there is an article and an interview with him today in the Jordanian Dastour newspaper. Did you see that and if so, what did he say ?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Nobility

I just got this off Prince Hassan's web site:

Words cannot express adequately the pain and anguish I feel at yesterday’s heinous attacks in Amman. The full horror of the events is difficult to comprehend. As a Jordanian, I share the anguish of my countrymen at those who have orchestrated such diabolical carnage in our capital. As a husband, a father and a grandfather, I can only imagine the pain and suffering felt by the families affected by this tragedy. In the weeks and months ahead, we must all stand together and raise aloft those values which must form the core of Jordan’s binding charter – compassion, respect for difference, mutual understanding and a shared humanity. If we fail in this, then terror is victorious.

Let us be firm in our resolve to properly inform the world of the roots of our dire predicament. We are not the victims of religious men. Those ideologues and demagogues who set themselves above the rights of man and the laws of God have no place in any religion. They are faithless and dishonest. They must be brought to justice.

Rather, we must look to the social divisions within our society. These attacks were not aimed merely at symbols of western influence in Jordan. Their targets reflect the increasing polarisation of our population. The foot-soldiers of such atrocities are all too often the twisted products of a silenced majority. Our challenge is to offer all citizens a stake in our country’s future. We must not abandon the underprivileged to an underworld of false imams and false hope.

Our future happiness and well-being depends not only on the hard security of arms and intelligence, but on a soft approach to those who are victims without a voice. This is a time not only for good government, but more importantly, for good governance. We must face up to the divisions blighting our world. We must all work together to defeat hatred and give hope. This is not a mission of optimism but one of necessity.

We may never properly come to terms with the senseless hatred that fuelled this outrage. However, we must offer our support to the victims of these attacks as they struggle to recover from the physical and mental trauma. Let us draw strength from our faith and our shared values. Most importantly, these terrible attacks must not be allowed to feed the hateful inhumanity of the few. Rather, these images of death and destruction must strengthen our compassion and elevate our common humanity.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
he has been in Jordan the whole time. even his brother prince Hamzah is back.

IS HE ?????? well, I looked around ,surfing on the Net, no news or pix Hamzah got back home,- and I think this very odd, unusual of him, - nothing on his website, too- where did u learn about it ?