The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Do You Think King Hussein Made the "Right" Succession Decision?
Yes 45 100.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
read the posts...!
a famous writer is no journalist and no historian.
there is no historical document where prince ali is the crown prince.
maybe it helps more - if you read KH last letter to his brother PH.
there he wrote PH was crown prince about 30 years...there was not time for prince ali being the crownprince.
He is a historian too and a journalist,he's the most famous historian and journalist in the arab world

Old 01-24-2006, 05:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
read the posts...!
a famous writer is no journalist and no historian.
there is no historical document where prince ali is the crown prince.
maybe it helps more - if you read KH last letter to his brother PH.
there he wrote PH was crown prince about 30 years...there was not time for prince ali being the crownprince.
he is a historian man , and met all the Arabs leaders , he knows more than you can imagine , and his books are documented..

And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 05-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Courtier

PAli as a possible crown prince?

My question goes to the PAli experts here. Did you hear anything about a possible nomination of Prince Ali as crown prince? The Jerusalem Post published an article on the king’s new interest in the West Bank by a Jordanian journalist (living in the States) suggesting this:

“Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, the king's half-brother (who is also half-Palestinian) is considered the closest member of the royal family to the monarch.
THE POSITION of crown prince remains vacant. And while the palace maintains absolute secrecy over such matters, many suspect that al-Hussein may soon be appointed. He has a down-to-earth demeanor and an interests in sports (he is chairman of the Football Association). He's also managed to become popular among the refugee population and at their sports clubs in Jordan.
Several months ago the prince attended a private dinner at the White House along with the king, President George W. Bush and the First Lady, and members of Congress.
The following day the president described Ali bin al-Hussein in an official White House statement as Jordan's crown prince. There was no official response from the Jordanian embassy in Washington or further clarification from the White House about the reasons behind the president's description.”

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...icle%2FPrinter
Old 05-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98
My question goes to the PAli experts here. Did you hear anything about a possible nomination of Prince Ali as crown prince? The Jerusalem Post published an article on the king’s new interest in the West Bank by a Jordanian journalist (living in the States) suggesting this:

“Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, the king's half-brother (who is also half-Palestinian) is considered the closest member of the royal family to the monarch.
THE POSITION of crown prince remains vacant. And while the palace maintains absolute secrecy over such matters, many suspect that al-Hussein may soon be appointed. He has a down-to-earth demeanor and an interests in sports (he is chairman of the Football Association). He's also managed to become popular among the refugee population and at their sports clubs in Jordan.
Several months ago the prince attended a private dinner at the White House along with the king, President George W. Bush and the First Lady, and members of Congress.
The following day the president described Ali bin al-Hussein in an official White House statement as Jordan's crown prince. There was no official response from the Jordanian embassy in Washington or further clarification from the White House about the reasons behind the president's description.”

thats possible that he favours ali - the answer why is written in the article you posted:

The king has begun to realize that regional dynamics in Israel and the PA territories are providing all the reasons to revive his father's legitimate political interests in the West Bank - all without any loud debate of the subject. So while Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and his government talk about drawing Israel's final borders before 2010, it remains to be seen whether the map of the West Bank and Jordan - demographically and politically - might also be redrawn in the near future.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Aristocracy

It is very interesting to hear about the plans KA has for his brother PAli, I wonder how these two formed such a close bond? KA has many brothers.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Courtier

This is the very first time I have heard anything of making P Ali cp. Many just assumed Hussein would be named cp in about 6 or 7 years. Hmm...who knows.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:02 AM
Courtier

With Princesse Rym behind Prince Ali. He could do a wonderful job for Jordan. I like hem very much and I believe in hem.
But I think if Prince Ali would be a crown Prince than is this temporarely. I mean for a few years. Queen Rania would like to see her son Prince Hussein as a king of Jordan and not Prince Ali.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
With Princesse Rym behind Prince Ali. He could do a wonderful job for Jordan. I like hem very much and I believe in hem.
But I think if Prince Ali would be a crown Prince than is this temporarely. I mean for a few years. Queen Rania would like to see her son Prince Hussein as a king of Jordan and not Prince Ali.
I quite agree!
I think also that Hussein become following Crown Prince.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
I also think, that it would be temporarily – for the period of time PHussein (who is also half-Palestinian) is under age.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Gentry

Ba3d 3omren 6aweel inshallah , i would think Prince Ali would be a great king and would continue the good work our king - may allah bless him and grant him health and long age- is doing ..and yes Reem would be a good queen too..but as all expect here in Jordan ..it is only years for Prince Hussein to come of age and be prounounced a crown prince ..no one knows ..he might not be intrested in being so...

It is only normal of any mother to want her son to be a crown prince and by constituotion it it his right ..the oldest son of the king ..king Abdulla was before him ...unless he is not intrested ...

Many good candidates" and handsome too" ..P. Ali, Prince Hamza & Hashem too...

I guess that god will grant it to the one who deserves it more ...it is not an easy position ...a great responcibility ..ruling a country like Jordan in an area like the Middle East is quite a heavy burden
Old 05-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd be surprised if Abdullah named Ali Crown Prince. Out of all of his brothers I've always thought Feisal to be the most capable to fulfil such a role.

If Ali is named CP, I expect it will be a temporary position.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:26 AM
Courtier

• Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, the king's half-brother (who is also half-Palestinian) is considered the closest member of the royal family to the monarch. THE POSITION of crown prince remains vacant. And while the palace maintains absolute secrecy over such matters, many suspect that al-Hussein may soon be appointed. He has a down-to-earth demeanor and an interests in sports (he is chairman of the Football Association). He's also managed to become popular among the refugee population and at their sports clubs in Jordan.

Very true, this is what i was trying to say many times, that PA has a huge popularity among youth, and loved by all Jordanian from Palestinian origins, he is so down to earth. And i believe that he will do a great job if he named as CP.

KA would have many advantages by naming PA, as he is full Arabic knows how to deal with Jordanian and has influence among many people here in Jordan.

i hope to here someday this happy news on TV

Good luck for PAli.
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 03-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Commoner

comments are more interesting than the article here.

The Peacebuilding Prince | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

the conversation not conversion comment doesn't seem to apply to the ex christian who married his daughter. inconsistent.

didn't realize the former c.p. named his own son in law a minister while kh was out of the country dying a slow death. said son in law would've been all of early 30s at the time and scarcely qualified.

Why Hassan, the regent, is not crown prince anymore?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Nobility

Cassy, you are not quite right when you accuse Prince Hassan on neoptism regarding the appointment of a son in law as Minister of Information in 1999. Young though he may have been at the time ( 35) the man had been HM King Hussein's Press Secretary, Director of the Jordan Information Bureau in the UK and then Director of Radio and Television. All the Ministers in that final Cabinet of the late King's reign were finally appointed by him, as has been clearly shown in several recent publications on that period, such as " The Lion of Jordan" and "Hussein Pere et Fils". Prince Hassan is far from the corridors of power today, but two of his sons in law are Ministers again. Could it be that they are actually qualified for the jobs they hold ?
Old 03-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Commoner

it's the family business. they are related through marriage to the king. the early-career jobs were also attained through connections, not the kind of experience that would be required in a more competitive situation.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon View Post
I just discovered something interesting, something that makes me want to question a whole lot of what I read, even in the mainstream press. All three of the following succession-era excerpts appeared in Newsweek articles either authored or co-authored by a writer named Joseph Contreras.

according to this book by jordanian diplomat marwan muasher, it's because the first article was planted by the hassan camp:

Amazon.com: The Arab Center: The Promise of Moderation: Marwan Muasher: Books

hte book dedicates an entire chapter to the king's final months and the sacking of hassan. muasher doesn't have much good to say about the hassans. he claims king hussein telegraphed in private statements and to the jordanian media, cnn, and in his wye summit statement that he would be changing the succession, so that lays waste to the theories that the sacking was due to an altered mental state on his death bed or that it was a total surprise to anyone when it happened. muasher cites sarvath-related intrigues and goings on, hassan-related egotism and overstepping, and king hussein's distress about what was happening in jordan under his brother's regency during his absence, especially with the military, as causes.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the link, Cassy.

Funnily enough I've heard similar stories about Sarvath and Hassan, not from Jordanian sources, but from Pakistani individuals.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:29 PM

Prince Hamza is like totally into his career, he loves the Army, and I am sure he enjoys the freedom he has now. Where as if he were still a crown Prince, his mobility would be very limited. May Allah protect His Majesty Abu Hussein , HRHPrince Hassan, and HRH Prince Hamza, Ameen. King Abdullah and Prince Hamza has never cut short in there generosity, and I hope that Allah blesses them there family, Ameen.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Courtier

thats good to heard about prince hamzah, but i wondered why we see so less of him since the change made?
Old 06-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mahala View Post
thats good to heard about prince hamzah, but i wondered why we see so less of him since the change made?
I was wondering the same. I also wonder sometimes if he's in Jordan at all