The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Do You Think King Hussein Made the "Right" Succession Decision?
Yes 45 100.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safaa Batin
absolutly agree shelley.
but what was told to parliament in 9 january, do you mean that known letter or something else, i do not remember the date. But that letter did not have a lot of datails and that what made and still make people not sure of the exact reason.
On the 9th of January, after P. Hassan visited the late king in London, H.M. sent a message to the Prime Minister saying how proud he was of his brother, and the way in which he had shouldered his reponsibilities during the past few months etc etc and asked him to tell the people of Jordan that. I remember reading it in the papers then. Look in the archives of various Jordanian newspapers for that date. So what I mean is that when they met and talked any small differences they might have had were forgotten and they were that strong duo again that had served Jordan so long and so well. And perhaps this could not be alllowed to continue....so an ill man was put through an emotional wringer. Not nice.

Old 09-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tania
What I so admire about Prince Hassan, and I am sure so many people feel the same, is the way he behaved so honourably after what happened. He was a true prince. Not once has he come out and said anything about his late brother or the present king. I remember seeing an interview with him once and when they asked him about King Abdullah he answered a long the lines of what do you want me to tell you, he is my King and my nephew. In this day and age, I think you will seldom find people of that calibre.
Which is why all the lies were so ridiculous. It would have been totally out of character for a man who was drop dead loyal and still is. The last ten or so years of his life the late king was away from Jordan for months at a time. If he had wanted to, there were ample opportunities for P. Hassan to take over the throne - look at Qatar and Oman. It has been done in recent history !

Old 09-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
Which is why all the lies were so ridiculous. It would have been totally out of character for a man who was drop dead loyal and still is. The last ten or so years of his life the late king was away from Jordan for months at a time. If he had wanted to, there were ample opportunities for P. Hassan to take over the throne - look at Qatar and Oman. It has been done in recent history !
Even if one believed the lies at the time, it would be difficult to believe them at this point. Time has shown the true character of P. Hassan. He probably could've undermined the shaky beginnings of KA's rule, spouted off in interviews and other public forums any number of times about the unfairness of the succession, in general been a thorn in the side of KA, but he has done none of that. To the contrary, he has supported the leadership, refused to become ensnared in leading questions by reporters, been loyal to his country and to his family. This casts great doubt, for me, on the veracity of the stories coming out of Jordan at the time of KH's death.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon
Even if one believed the lies at the time, it would be difficult to believe them at this point. Time has shown the true character of P. Hassan. He probably could've undermined the shaky beginnings of KA's rule, spouted off in interviews and other public forums any number of times about the unfairness of the succession, in general been a thorn in the side of KA, but he has done none of that. To the contrary, he has supported the leadership, refused to become ensnared in leading questions by reporters, been loyal to his country and to his family. This casts great doubt, for me, on the veracity of the stories coming out of Jordan at the time of KH's death.
Thank you ! I rest my case .....
Old 12-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Majesty

Sucession Of The Jordanian Throne is it written down as a law?
Old 12-06-2004, 02:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
Sucession Of The Jordanian Throne is it written down as a law?
yes it is in the contitution.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Aristocracy

Wink Who Is The Next Cp?

Who do you think the next CP of jordan will be? We know that Prince Hussien will eventually become his dad's successor, but until then the kingdom is in need of a CP. I personally think that KA has arranged his visit to the states just in time to dicuss his choice with the US authorities and by the time he gets back, we will probably hear his announcement.
I think he will probably choose Prince Faisal, what do you think? (i hope so we get to see what Princess Alia has in store for us and how she will represent Jordan abroad!!!)
Old 12-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Aristocracy

I think KA will appoint P Faisal as regent until P Hussein comes of age. Or he has already created a regency council to prevent any one member of the family from staling the throne from P. Hussein.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
I think KA will appoint P Faisal as regent until P Hussein comes of age. Or he has already created a regency council to prevent any one member of the family from staling the throne from P. Hussein.
Or maybe Queen Rania as regent until P hussien comes of age?(it is possible isn't it?)
Old 12-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Nobility

prince Hussein and they would asign him advisors just like what his grandfather had.The late king Hussein had advisors cause he was so young when he was a king.So i guess the same would happen.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
prince Hussein and they would asign him advisors just like what his grandfather had.The late king Hussein had advisors cause he was so young when he was a king.So i guess the same would happen.
we know that but QR can be his advisor (ITs Wasi in Arabic,can anyone pls transelate?)
Old 12-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
we know that but QR can be his advisor (ITs Wasi in Arabic,can anyone pls transelate?)
Well when i said advisor i was talking about anyone and to that QR as well.She might of been waiting so badly for this day.Im arabic so i know what wasni is.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
Well when i said advisor i was talking about anyone and to that QR as well.She might of been waiting so badly for this day.Im arabic so i know what wasni is.
LOL Elhamdullah,Iwas embarrassed cuz i cudn't find the word in english,my english sucks sorry :o
Old 12-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Aristocracy

Obviously the next Crown Prince of Jordan is going to be the King's son.
I don't think the King would remove one brother from the position to put another brother as Crown Prince.
This situation is rather shallow and obvious isn't it? The King removed his own brother as Crown Prince of Jordan to move his son into the position.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:06 AM
Nobility

King Abdullah has clarified the new situation quite clearly in his latest interview with CNN:

CNN's Wolf Blitzer: And your son is now effectively the crown prince?

KING ABDULLAH: No. He is only 10 years old. And the way that the system has been done is that the role of crown prince will not be filled.
Depending on circumstances, if anything should happen, there are
instructions and there's a system in place, where the most capable of
my brothers will be the one who is responsible to continue the
process.

There is no CP at the moment. I do not know what this "system" that's in place entails but I am sure it's been carefully specified if anything were to happen to King Abdullah.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy
Who do you think the next CP of jordan will be? We know that Prince Hussien will eventually become his dad's successor, but until then the kingdom is in need of a CP. I personally think that KA has arranged his visit to the states just in time to dicuss his choice with the US authorities and by the time he gets back, we will probably hear his announcement.
I think he will probably choose Prince Faisal, what do you think? (i hope so we get to see what Princess Alia has in store for us and how she will represent Jordan abroad!!!)
i think he will choose his brother faisal,
Old 12-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cut1me
i think he will choose his brother faisal,
I doubt it...He's smarter than replacing Hamzah "his half bro" with faisal"his full bro"...Politics are more complicated than that...Let's wait and see I feel smthin unexpected is gonna happen.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Gentry

I think he will have his son eventually become crown prince. I was originally (falsely?) under the impression that KA would have gladly given up being King when Hamza was ready to assume the role, but maybe QR (who I do admire for the charitable work she does) won't let him.......
Old 12-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Gentry

I don't think he will name a new crown prince until Hussein is old enough...maybe 18.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Officially Hussein is the crown prince de facto. Should Abdullah die, Hussein automatically is king.

Unofficially, there is no one currently who holds the title Crown Prince.