The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Do You Think King Hussein Made the "Right" Succession Decision?
Yes 45 100.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 09-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safaa Batin
absolutly agree shelley.
but what was told to parliament in 9 january, do you mean that known letter or something else, i do not remember the date. But that letter did not have a lot of datails and that what made and still make people not sure of the exact reason.
On the 9th of January, after P. Hassan visited the late king in London, H.M. sent a message to the Prime Minister saying how proud he was of his brother, and the way in which he had shouldered his reponsibilities during the past few months etc etc and asked him to tell the people of Jordan that. I remember reading it in the papers then. Look in the archives of various Jordanian newspapers for that date. So what I mean is that when they met and talked any small differences they might have had were forgotten and they were that strong duo again that had served Jordan so long and so well. And perhaps this could not be alllowed to continue....so an ill man was put through an emotional wringer. Not nice.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 09-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by tania
What I so admire about Prince Hassan, and I am sure so many people feel the same, is the way he behaved so honourably after what happened. He was a true prince. Not once has he come out and said anything about his late brother or the present king. I remember seeing an interview with him once and when they asked him about King Abdullah he answered a long the lines of what do you want me to tell you, he is my King and my nephew. In this day and age, I think you will seldom find people of that calibre.
Which is why all the lies were so ridiculous. It would have been totally out of character for a man who was drop dead loyal and still is. The last ten or so years of his life the late king was away from Jordan for months at a time. If he had wanted to, there were ample opportunities for P. Hassan to take over the throne - look at Qatar and Oman. It has been done in recent history !
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 09-07-2004, 04:15 PM
papillon's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
Which is why all the lies were so ridiculous. It would have been totally out of character for a man who was drop dead loyal and still is. The last ten or so years of his life the late king was away from Jordan for months at a time. If he had wanted to, there were ample opportunities for P. Hassan to take over the throne - look at Qatar and Oman. It has been done in recent history !
Even if one believed the lies at the time, it would be difficult to believe them at this point. Time has shown the true character of P. Hassan. He probably could've undermined the shaky beginnings of KA's rule, spouted off in interviews and other public forums any number of times about the unfairness of the succession, in general been a thorn in the side of KA, but he has done none of that. To the contrary, he has supported the leadership, refused to become ensnared in leading questions by reporters, been loyal to his country and to his family. This casts great doubt, for me, on the veracity of the stories coming out of Jordan at the time of KH's death.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 09-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon
Even if one believed the lies at the time, it would be difficult to believe them at this point. Time has shown the true character of P. Hassan. He probably could've undermined the shaky beginnings of KA's rule, spouted off in interviews and other public forums any number of times about the unfairness of the succession, in general been a thorn in the side of KA, but he has done none of that. To the contrary, he has supported the leadership, refused to become ensnared in leading questions by reporters, been loyal to his country and to his family. This casts great doubt, for me, on the veracity of the stories coming out of Jordan at the time of KH's death.
Thank you ! I rest my case .....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 12-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,227
Sucession Of The Jordanian Throne is it written down as a law?
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 12-06-2004, 02:49 AM
Safaa Batin's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Irbid, Jordan
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
Sucession Of The Jordanian Throne is it written down as a law?
yes it is in the contitution.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 12-07-2004, 03:17 PM
shy's Avatar
shy shy is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Posts: 134
Wink Who Is The Next Cp?

Who do you think the next CP of jordan will be? We know that Prince Hussien will eventually become his dad's successor, but until then the kingdom is in need of a CP. I personally think that KA has arranged his visit to the states just in time to dicuss his choice with the US authorities and by the time he gets back, we will probably hear his announcement.
I think he will probably choose Prince Faisal, what do you think? (i hope so we get to see what Princess Alia has in store for us and how she will represent Jordan abroad!!!)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 12-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 245
I think KA will appoint P Faisal as regent until P Hussein comes of age. Or he has already created a regency council to prevent any one member of the family from staling the throne from P. Hussein.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 12-07-2004, 04:03 PM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
I think KA will appoint P Faisal as regent until P Hussein comes of age. Or he has already created a regency council to prevent any one member of the family from staling the throne from P. Hussein.
Or maybe Queen Rania as regent until P hussien comes of age?(it is possible isn't it?)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 12-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 464
prince Hussein and they would asign him advisors just like what his grandfather had.The late king Hussein had advisors cause he was so young when he was a king.So i guess the same would happen.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 12-07-2004, 04:56 PM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
prince Hussein and they would asign him advisors just like what his grandfather had.The late king Hussein had advisors cause he was so young when he was a king.So i guess the same would happen.
we know that but QR can be his advisor (ITs Wasi in Arabic,can anyone pls transelate?)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 12-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
we know that but QR can be his advisor (ITs Wasi in Arabic,can anyone pls transelate?)
Well when i said advisor i was talking about anyone and to that QR as well.She might of been waiting so badly for this day.Im arabic so i know what wasni is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 12-07-2004, 05:35 PM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
Well when i said advisor i was talking about anyone and to that QR as well.She might of been waiting so badly for this day.Im arabic so i know what wasni is.
LOL Elhamdullah,Iwas embarrassed cuz i cudn't find the word in english,my english sucks sorry :o
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 12-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Vicomtesse's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 111
Obviously the next Crown Prince of Jordan is going to be the King's son.
I don't think the King would remove one brother from the position to put another brother as Crown Prince.
This situation is rather shallow and obvious isn't it? The King removed his own brother as Crown Prince of Jordan to move his son into the position.
__________________
When a man gets up to speak, people listen, then look. When a woman gets up, people look; then, if they like what they see, they listen. ~Pauline Frederick
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 12-09-2004, 12:06 AM
Balqis's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 319
King Abdullah has clarified the new situation quite clearly in his latest interview with CNN:

CNN's Wolf Blitzer: And your son is now effectively the crown prince?

KING ABDULLAH: No. He is only 10 years old. And the way that the system has been done is that the role of crown prince will not be filled.
Depending on circumstances, if anything should happen, there are
instructions and there's a system in place, where the most capable of
my brothers will be the one who is responsible to continue the
process.


There is no CP at the moment. I do not know what this "system" that's in place entails but I am sure it's been carefully specified if anything were to happen to King Abdullah.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 12-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 185
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy
Who do you think the next CP of jordan will be? We know that Prince Hussien will eventually become his dad's successor, but until then the kingdom is in need of a CP. I personally think that KA has arranged his visit to the states just in time to dicuss his choice with the US authorities and by the time he gets back, we will probably hear his announcement.
I think he will probably choose Prince Faisal, what do you think? (i hope so we get to see what Princess Alia has in store for us and how she will represent Jordan abroad!!!)
i think he will choose his brother faisal,
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 12-10-2004, 02:20 PM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by cut1me
i think he will choose his brother faisal,
I doubt it...He's smarter than replacing Hamzah "his half bro" with faisal"his full bro"...Politics are more complicated than that...Let's wait and see I feel smthin unexpected is gonna happen.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 12-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Zara04's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Upstate New York, United States
Posts: 60
I think he will have his son eventually become crown prince. I was originally (falsely?) under the impression that KA would have gladly given up being King when Hamza was ready to assume the role, but maybe QR (who I do admire for the charitable work she does) won't let him.......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 12-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Zara04's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Upstate New York, United States
Posts: 60
I don't think he will name a new crown prince until Hussein is old enough...maybe 18.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 12-10-2004, 06:00 PM
MoonlightRhapsody's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garden Grove, United States
Posts: 934
Officially Hussein is the crown prince de facto. Should Abdullah die, Hussein automatically is king.

Unofficially, there is no one currently who holds the title Crown Prince.
__________________

__________________
*~* In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. *~*
*~* Judge not those who try and fail. Judge those who fail to try. *~*
Sweden's Picture of the Month Represenative
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monaco's succession issues Julia Princely Family of Monaco 571 12-14-2014 04:53 PM
Succession Issues ladybelline Imperial Family of Japan 921 11-03-2014 02:22 AM
Members of the Royal Family and Line of Succession - Broadest Sense hrhcp Royal House of Denmark 85 07-11-2012 10:20 PM
Address to the royal family in Jordan Princess Luna Royal House of Jordan 18 10-18-2005 06:15 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]