Spanish State Visit to Jordan: April 24-26, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have seen images of the dinner in television, there have come many members of the Jordanian Royal Family, and it seems that the Spanish journalists have remained a bit surprised with the absence of the Queen Noor, very friend of the Spanish Kings.:confused:

I love the contrast in colors and the way the evening gowns worn by the two Queens complement each other, so elegant!

Rania's Dress is horrible!I'm sorry but I cudn't help but notice the end of it,the color is ok,but the style,I am not so sure what to say.

lula said:
I have seen images of the dinner in television, there have come many members of the Jordanian Royal Family, and it seems that the Spanish journalists have remained a bit surprised with the absence of the Queen Noor, very friend of the Spanish Kings.:confused:

Do you know who attended from the JRF?

More photos from terra

Attachments

• 7207c25d9bf1fg.jpg
    7207c25d9bf1fg.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 7207c25da5dc6g.jpg
    7207c25da5dc6g.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 7207c25de69d8g.jpg
    7207c25de69d8g.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 258
  • 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 424
lil Monkey said:
Rania's Dress is horrible!I'm sorry but I cudn't help but notice the end of it,the color is ok,but the style,I am not so sure what to say.

I have to say that I agree with you on this one Lil Monkey. High rounded necklines are rarely flattering on anyone - this is a very frumpy look :( :eek:

lizz70 said:
I have to say that I agree with you on this one Lil Monkey. High rounded necklines are rarely flattering on anyone - this is a very frumpy look :( :eek:

I think Rania is trying to be a little more conservative than usual, but still you're both right it is a very ugly dress (I think this is a first negative for Rania for her evening gown selection). Her make up on the other hand looks really nice. For the first time she doesn't have very heavy make up on.

Queen Noor Her and Queen Sofia are good friends I would think she would be there but it is Imans Birthday maybe well see her later .

I agree, I'm not a fan of the evening gown but I really like her black and white skirt suit.

RachelA said:
I agree, I'm not a fan of the evening gown but I really like her black and white skirt suit.

The suit wasn't bad but her
hair was. It was obviously quite wet and windy in Amman and QR looked like her hair was in tangles and very messy. An elegant chignon would have been much nicer with that suit and probably better for the weather conditions too.

niki said:
I think Rania is trying to be a little more conservative than usual, but still you're both right it is a very ugly dress (I think this is a first negative for Rania for her evening gown selection). Her make up on the other hand looks really nice. For the first time she doesn't have very heavy make up on.

There is conservative and then there is downright frumpy! Even Queen Sofia who is much older than Rania doesn't look frumpy.

Thank you all who posted all the pictures and articles. I have such great timing. I knew the state visit was about to begin sometime in late april so I had to take time out of the my vacation to check out TRF and Im so glad I did.
Queen Rania is looking so much fresher. I keep thinking about how tired she was looking a few weeks ago. She's looking so pretty and girly in these pictures. The evening gown is elegant and regal but I love her hair and makeup the best. I hope to see lots more pictures when I check back.

lil Monkey said:

They are both beautiful women and they look elegant. Rania's dress is conservative, but there is little that she would not look good in. She looks tall and sleek. Sophia is a beautiful woman, too. Older than Rania, but still very lovely.

I don't think Queen Rania's dress is horribe, I just think it is different from what we are used to see her wearing.

Anyway, does anyone know why the queens did not wear tiaras for tonight's gala dinner?

On the other hand, I like the necklace and earrings that Queen Sofia wore for the occasion. The last time I saw a picture of her with these jewels was at the gala dinner in Italy, about 10 years ago.

actually I love Rania's dress it's lovely and indeed very regal as Humera mentioned

by the way, is that broche that QR is wearing some sort of tribute to the spanish culture, it looks like a spanish fan.

Queen Rania is so beautiful and nice.

Thanks for the pictures everyone, I love the colour of Rania's evening dress and Sofia looks elegant as always.

Both Queens looks beautiful on the gala dinner, but it was too simple... They both wear long dresses with little details, and why oh why, it is not a tiara event?

I was going to say the same ..and by the way i love both queens choice ...so simple and elegent:D..

From my office window i can see both spanish and Jordanian flags...it is raining now ...
farah said:
by the way, is that broche that QR is wearing some sort of tribute to the spanish culture, it looks like a spanish fan.

Exactly .....very simple and chic.....if she wore something more [FONT=&quot]Glamorous you'll find those who will not approve;) ..so what ever she wears looks amazing even if it was a potato sack[/FONT] :D..
As for hair....it was raining and windy ..in that day ..when i went to work i wasn't wearing any jacket as many did in the earlly morning ..cause no one expected the weather to take such a turn ... i mean why does everthing has to be like a perfect picture as if as royals are not subjected to weather as all of us ...chill out people
:) ..
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Thank you all who posted all the pictures and articles. I have such great timing. I knew the state visit was about to begin sometime in late april so I had to take time out of the my vacation to check out TRF and Im so glad I did.
Queen Rania is looking so much fresher. I keep thinking about how tired she was looking a few weeks ago. She's looking so pretty and girly in these pictures. The evening gown is elegant and regal but I love her hair and makeup the best. I hope to see lots more pictures when I check back.

Queen Sofia and Queen Rania visit the Queen Rania center in Jabal Al-Nasr in Amman, Jordan on April 25, 2006

from getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 274
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 264
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 375
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Images of the day from terra

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 235
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 261
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Queen Sofia (R) and Jordan's Queen Rania visit the Jordan River Foundation in Amman April 25, 2006.

from yahoo/reuters and getty

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 281
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 23.JPG
    23.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 323
  • 24.JPG