Spanish State Visit to Jordan: April 24-26, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Little_star said:
Noor and Sofia's friendship is well known so it must be that much harder for Rania to try and create a similar relationship. It's good to see that both Queens seem to have enjoyed themselves and each other's company.

I don't really see why Sofia and Rania might have to try and have their own friendship just because Noor and Sofia did. Generationally there is a big age gap between Rania and Sofia that is not as big between Sofia and Noor, and perhaps Sofia and Noor have common interests that Rania and Sofia do not.

I think that at minimum if Sofia and Rania have a good or professional working relationship, that is fine for their respective countries. They needn't be good friends, too. Sofia and Beatrix of the Netherlands are good friends, but Sofia doesn't necessarily have the same friendship with Silvia of Sweden, and that's fine.

Don't wanna be mean but I can't help notice that her skirt is seethrough:confused:
attachment.php

loves these ones from Abaca...

stylish Queen Rania...

Last edited:
Hello fanletizia,

is it possible to enlarge the photos of your post no.84?
thank you for your help.

Veram98 said:
Hello fanletizia,

is it possible to enlarge the photos of your post no.84?
thank you for your help.

They are small photos, sorry:(

Images from PPE

Attachments

• 06042595.jpg
    06042595.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 06042596.jpg
    06042596.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 06042597.jpg
    06042597.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 06042598.jpg
    06042598.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Alexandria said:
I don't really see why Sofia and Rania might have to try and have their own friendship just because Noor and Sofia did. Generationally there is a big age gap between Rania and Sofia that is not as big between Sofia and Noor, and perhaps Sofia and Noor have common interests that Rania and Sofia do not.

I wasn't implying that they need to have a strong personal friendship, just that it's nice to observe that they've managed to attain a close working relationship. After all, it must be odd for Sofia to visit Jordan and not see Noor there, but it's good that she doesn't demonstrate any discomfort or indicate that she notices the change.

From Hellomagazine:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/04/28/queenrania/

RANIA’S WARM WELCOME FOR QUEEN SOFIA
Two elegant royal ladies from different cultures came face-to-face this week when the queen of Spain travelled to Jordan. In the capital Amman on a three-day visit Sofia and her husband King Juan Carlos enjoyed some Middle Eastern hospitality with a hearty welcome from Queen Rania and King Abdullah.
The camaraderie between the two couples was evident at a glittering state banquet thrown by the Jordanian royals for their Spanish guests. Radiant as ever the younger queen had chosen a close-fitting, midnight blue gown with an embroidered train for occasion, while Sofia was equally chic in cream satin…

Last edited:
Some more pictures of Queen Rania and her gorgous Rochas dress, its even more beautiful from the back (REX)

How is it that I miss a state visit between the Spanish and Jordanian royals? I'm just seeing this thread 10 days after the fact.:rolleyes: I'm always late.

I just saw pictures of the back of Queen Rania's gala dress, now the simplicity of the front makes sense. The train is gorgeous!

I think the dress combines royal grandeur with old Hollywood movie glamour! The color highlights her perfect complexion. She has the perfect figure for it but it doesn't look like she is trying to imitate an Oscar night starlet style. The dress fits the event.

Wow, it's wonderful, how beautiful and elegant looks Queen Rania, she is really regal, I'm amazed.

How come there's a galla event on a state visit with tow monarchs and there aren't any tiaras and decorations. That's a first!

It's bit strange that Queen Noor wasn't there. I mean, I' ve been reading her bio and she keeps telling about her great friendship with Queen Sophia and King Carlos. Why' s that?

Back
Top Bottom