Ramadan: 2007-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Rania supports 'Kuluna Ahel' drive

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah made a stop to one of the collection drives, Wednesday, to include her own donation of canned food items after hearing about the local food drive organized by Greater Amman Municipality (GAM) ... - Full Article

Pic 1 -- Pic 2

Thanks for all the photos and information. I love the fact that the JRF get so involved with ordinary people during Ramadan. Hopefully we'll get to see more family members during the course of the month.

thanks for photos lovely captions of QRania with children.
her face,hmmmmm.......little white than usually.
I thought it was down to bad make-up, she looks like she has too much powder on.

Pics from PPE
02-09-2008, Amman Jordan’s Queen Rania breaks fast with underprivileged children at her newly launched Hal Hilalek tent.
PPE Agency

It's good to see her majesty back doing her duties..

September 3, 2008 - Princess Basma brings Goodwill Campaign to Al Hussein camp

AMMAN (Petra) –– HRH Princess Basma, the president of the National Goodwill Campaign higher committee, on Wednesday visited Al Hussein refugee camp and Jabal Nuzha and distributed aid to local residents.

The Princess met with residents of Al Hussein refugee camp and distributed financial assistance to 14 students, schoolbags to some 130 orphans and presented 11 income-generating projects to local underprivileged families.

Princess Basma announced that the campaign will donate JD10,000 to the camp's orphans committee, stressing the importance of providing support to needy families during Ramadan. Jordan Times

Photo 1
Photo 2

September 5, 2008 - King joins worshippers for Friday prayer

Amman, Sep. 5 (Petra)— His Majesty King Abdullah II today joined worshippers for Friday prayers at the King Hussein Bin Talal Mosque, which received a new minbar as a gift from the King.

Sheikh Mohammad Said Al Bouti who delivered the Friday sermon commended King Abdullah's efforts to reinstate the Salaheddine Minbar at Al Aqsa Mosque and to build the King Hussein Bin Talal Minbar. Sheikh Al Bouti highlighted Islam's message of tolerance and respect for humanity. Ramadan is a month of compassion and mercy, he added that encourages the faithful to feel with those less fortunate. Petra

King Abdullah was joined by Prince Hashem, Prince Talal and Prince Ghazi

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4

I will never forget my years in the Arab world during Ramadan and Bairam festivities, and traditions. I remember when the cannon was heard everyone was emptying the streets to go break their fast. Seems like a hundred years ago.

Jeddah, Sept.7 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II and Saudi Monarch King Abdullah Bin Abdel Aziz on Saturday held talks focusing on means to enhance bilateral ties and the recent developments in the region.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King Abdullah, Saudi Monarch hold talks

Amman, Sep.7 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II returned home on Sunday dawn after a visit to Saudi Arabia where he performed Umra (the lesser pilgrimage).
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King returns home after performing Umra

Amman, Sept.7 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in Amman today on efforts to push negotiations between the Palestinians and Israelis forward.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King holds talks with Palestinian president

I always love pictures of them with children.

Thank you for the pictures. Its always lovely to see the King & Queen out together at events and also around children. Queen Rania looked nice, liked the touch of color her scarf gave to her outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
(AP) The public-service TV ads deliver a cheerful, yet pointed, message to Muslims observing Ramadan's traditional dawn to dusk fast: "Don't overeat" when night comes. "Exercise and stay healthy."

The government media campaign - one of the Arab world's first - aims to combat the serious health problems, from heart attacks to diabetic comas, that often mark Islam's holy month. ..........

Jordan's government is thought the first, however, to sponsor Ramadan-specific public service health spots. The campaign is headed by Jordan's King Abdullah II and his wife, Queen Rania - who often speak publicly about their own exercise-filled lifestyles and healthy diets.
Jordan Aims To Combat Ramadan Health Woes, Government Urges Healthy Eating During Holy Month Marked By Heart Attacks, Diabetic Comas - CBS News

September 8, 2008 - Princess Alia, daughter of Tawfiq Al Tabaa, patronizes charitable Iftar banquet
Photo 1
Photo 2

September 9, 2008 - Prince Mer'ed patronizes Iftar banquet in Karak
Photo

Queen Rania's eating urge
Jordan's Queen Rania has urged her country's people to stick to a healthy eating regime during Ramadan, an Islamic holy month where eating between dawn and sunset is forbidden... - Full Article

There are new pictures of Queen Rania attending a Hal Hilalak event yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't recall seeing pictures from the same event from Petra. Anyone can confirm this?
Link: rania photos - Daylife

Back
Top Bottom