Ramadan: 2007-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
Welcome to the first thread devoted entirely to the activities of the Royal Family of Jordan during the month of Ramadan.

Please visit the following thread for information about the Royal Family's Ramadan activities during previous years.
Ramadan: 2006 and earlier

Members of the Jordanian Royal Family join more than a billion Muslims around the world in fasting during Ramadan and giving to the needy.

In this thread you may post news, articles and pictures of all members of the Jordanian Royal Family as they visit orphanages, hospitals, the poor, the elderly and carry out other Ramadan-related engagements.

Please remember the following before posting:
  • As of November 1, 2006, our Photo Posting Rules require that photos may only be posted directly to The Royal Forums if you have written permission from the copyright holder or if you took the photo yourself.
  • Further questions, including those on how to post pictures, are answered in our Member FAQs.
  • Take a few moments to browse through our Community Rules.
  • Post only 20% or less of an article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Stay on topic; while it can be tempting, please avoid discussions of an overtly political or religious nature.
  • Be civil and respectful, even when you disagree.
Happy Ramadan!

Royal Family of Jordan Moderating Team
Avalon, Humera, Zonk

Last edited:
Jordan queen in Ramadan fundraising campaign for UNICEF

"The children, the least responsible for these conflicts, are paying the highest price," the queen, who is UNICEF's eminent advocate for children, says in a message.
"They are our future, they are our best hope, their suffering our worst fear. Each of us can help, and collectively we can make a difference in their lives." AFP

Jordan's queen urges aid for needy children during Muslim holy month

Jordan's Queen Rania, a top advocate for the U.N. children's fund, has launched a campaign Saturday for the children of Iraq, Darfur and the Palestinian territories.
Rania, UNICEF's Eminent Advocate for Children, has appealed for aid to children suffering in these crisis areas in a public service announcement playing during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. International Herald Tribune

salma said:

More about the program:
Showtimearabia - UNICEF

To all of the Muslims around the world Ramadan Mubarak and may Allah bless all of you.:flowers:

Jordan's King Abdullah and his wife Queen Rania visit the al-Hussein Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Physically Challenged during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan in Amman September 18, 2007: Pictures from yahoo

Last edited:
More from today

Society for the disabled receives King’s support

AMMAN - Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania on Tuesday visited a society serving the physically challenged and called for expanding its role.

During the visit to Al Hussein Society for the Habilitation/Rehabilitation of the Physically Challenged, the King donated the cost of projects to improve the establishment, including maintenance work to the facility, Internet connectivity and the completion of a central heating system.

. . . HRH Princess Majda Raad, the society's president, briefed Their Majesties on the society's mission. She also shed light on new units created at the society, including research, media, early intervention and occupational therapy and physiotherapy departments. Jordan Times

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7 - Princess Majda Raad is standing on the King's right in this picture. I dont remember the name of the Prince though (also standing next to the King)

He is prince Raad bin zaid ......

Thanks Humera. I like it very much to see the King and Queen with children.
Rania looked beautiful.

King Abdullah attends Iftar banquet hosted by Special Operations Command
Photo

King Abdullah Performs Ishaa and Teraweeh prayers at King Hussein bin Talal Mosque:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Queen Rania spends the day with the people of Northern Badia, supports local needs and encourages JRF collaboration

Northern Badia, Sept. 19 (Petra)-- In the spirit of the Holy Month of Ramadan, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah spent the day with the people of Northern Badia as she toured charity organizations, visited schools, and engaged the citizens of Sabha and Sobhiyeh in a frank discussion about their needs.

During her visit to the area, Queen Rania spent some time at Sabha Society for People with Special Needs, which runs small scale activities and caters to around 20 people with mental and physical disabilities.

. . . The citizens of Sabha and Sobhiyeh also welcomed the Queen’s gifts of food packages, blankets, and sewing machines for families in need. With over 11,000 people residing in Sabha and Sobhiyeh, and an 18 percent poverty rate, the residents are in need of vocational training centers as well as health facilities. Petra

Queen Rania spotlights school in need of renovation as she prioritizes education facilities

Northern Badia, Sept. 19 (Petra)-- While the majority of the Kingdom’s schools opened their doors to joyous students earlier this month, many of those doors opened to creeks and crackles of rusted steel and poor infrastructure. As Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah passed through another of these schools, Wednesday, in Sabha, she highlighted the need to focus on providing a better environment for the students. Petra

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7
Photo 8
Photo 9

I think her hair is about the same, just done up differently.

I have a question, in photo 6 of Humera's photos, there is a woman sitting left of QR with what look like tattoos on her face. Are they representitive of something clutural? I was just curious if anyone knew.

Thanks!

Many Beduin tribes (not only in Jordan) used to tattoo their girls (especially) on the chin when they reached a certain age.

Are the children of King Abdullah and Queen Rania at an age where they are expected to fast during the month?

More from September 18, 2007

King Abdullah and Queen Rania visit the Al Hussein Society for Habilitation and Rehabilitation of the Physically Challenged, Jordan - 18 Sep 2007

During their visit King Abdullah donated funds to cover internet links, have the central heating work completed and cover the costs of further necessary maintainence works.

How do we know what things are for Ramadan and what is just on the regular schedule?

King Abdullah and Queen Rania visit the Al Hussein Society for Habilitation and Rehabilitation of the Physically Challenged, Jordan - 18 Sep 2007

During their visit King Abdullah donated funds to cover internet links, have the central heating work completed and cover the costs of further necessary maintainence works.

Thank you Humera for the photo, it is new for me.
Rania is always beautiful and smiling in every occasion, she must be very optimistic and positive person.
I am afraid I 'll be out of topic but I couldn't hide that these photos were from the most difficult Rania's photos for me to see, to see these kids really hurts. But Rania is smiling, I admire her for that, for her strength.

:rose::rose::rose:

How do we know what things are for Ramadan and what is just on the regular schedule?

Well for one the royal family's engagements during Ramadan tend to differ from those during the rest of the year, they make a lot of charitable visits to orphanages, elderly homes, and the needy for example. They often host "iftar" (breaking of the fast at dusk) banquets for them. And ofcourse a lot of the times the accompanying articles mention that certain events are Ramadan-related.

Post 16, for example, mentions that King Abdullah had Iftar with members of the military, the second piece of news mentions that he performed Teraweeh prayers which are special prayers performed during Ramadan.

Queen Rania pays surprise visit to Wadi Seer orphanage
Jordan Times

Her daughters are adorable. its nice to see P.Alia & her daughters getting involved in iftar banquet's

Back
Top Bottom