The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Majesty

i wonder if the jordanian, or other muslim royals, actively engage in ramadan, by fasting, or other customs. i guess at the end of the day it's personal choice, just like wearing a yihab (which rania for example doesn't do), so wonder if they chose to do it. maybe this is part of the personal lives and it has never been confirmed/released.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-28-2015, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i wonder if the jordanian, or other muslim royals, actively engage in ramadan, by fasting, or other customs. i guess at the end of the day it's personal choice, just like wearing a yihab (which rania for example doesn't do), so wonder if they chose to do it. maybe this is part of the personal lives and it has never been confirmed/released.
Fasting is not a personal choice, it's one of the things you have to do if you can. You are only excused from not fasting if you are unable due to health reasons, travelling, pregnant. But then you get some who don't bother to do so. Whether you do or not, it's something that's between you and god and therefore nobody should judge you if you don't do so.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Courtier

I just came back from a week in Marrakech (yes I know its not in Jordan) and the feeling as a million people have Iftar (break the fast) leaving the city all quiet and empty and then some hours later, as the silence is broken by the call to prayer from the many minarets, have all these people head towards the mosques like a tidal wave is unbelievable and amazing. I feel so privileged to have been able to witness it and although I'm not a Muslim I felt very close to G-d doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I just came back from a week in Marrakech (yes I know its not in Jordan) and the feeling as a million people have Iftar (break the fast) leaving the city all quiet and empty and then some hours later, as the silence is broken by the call to prayer from the many minarets, have all these people head towards the mosques like a tidal wave is unbelievable and amazing. I feel so privileged to have been able to witness it and although I'm not a Muslim I felt very close to G-d doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Thanks for sharing your experience..
Old 06-28-2015, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I went to Morocco in April and read that it's the law there to participate in Ramadan, meaning that the Moroccan RF participate. (I hope you had a nice time in Marrakech, JR76!)

I think all of the other Muslim royals also participate in Ramadan, though I don't know for sure, but since most Muslims participate in Ramadan, I think it's likely that the royals do as well.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-28-2015, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Rania's Instagram of yesterday, Iftar : https://instagram.com/p/4cUtIIhruY/?taken-by=queenrania
Old 06-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

if you mean by participation in Ramadan fasting well i guess they have too unless they have health conditions like Dazz said but we can know for sure fasting and other religious obligationsis something between the pesrson and god nobody can judge.but what is sure all muslims royal Jordan,Morocco and so are very busy with engagements linked to the holy month.

JR76 i am happy you enjoyed our city and i hope to see you coming back soon.

Crown Prince visits Omar Bin Al Khattab Charitable Society in Zarqa
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 06-29-2015, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Fasting is one of the 5 pillars of Islam (the others include daily prayers, and the hajj, both of which members of the JRF have been publicly observed performing on many occasions). It's importance cannot be compared to the hijab. I have no doubt Rania and her family fast during Ramadan. In fact, I recall a few years ago when she shared a picture of one of her family at iftar (breaking of the fast) and one of her kids fasting for the first time, it was most likely Prince Hussein.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It's good seeing Prince Hussein active while he is in Jordan. He is sure getting all the experience for his future role. It's also good to see the confidence in his father to put him as regent while he is away.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
Queen Rania's Instagram of yesterday, Iftar : https://instagram.com/p/4cUtIIhruY/?taken-by=queenrania
It looks like Queen Rania's mother might be with them, I can see her reflection in the window. Or it could be someone else entirely!
ps...does anyone know what dish she and Prince Hussein are having in the bowl?
Old 06-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
It looks like Queen Rania's mother might be with them, I can see her reflection in the window. Or it could be someone else entirely!
ps...does anyone know what dish she and Prince Hussein are having in the bowl?
I guess it looks for me like a lentil soup , its one of Ramadans traditional dishes
Old 06-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

June 29,Princess Ayah attends iftar: http://oi62.tinypic.com/5cd3rd.jpg
Old 06-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
A great family photo as they break their fast.
Going a bit off topic but I recall seeing a Jordanian public service announcement for Ramadan that showed a man overeating everyday once the fast had ended. Naturally he was dealing with indigestion every evening during Ramadan. His wife was then shown scolding him for this and reminded him that it was not healthy to overindulge after a day of fasting.

Nice to see that the Jordanian royal family is eating something light and healthy.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
articles with pictures about this visit:
Prince Hussein : Digne hritier du trne, il fte ses 21 ans entour d'orphelins

Prince Hussein Ben Abdallah de Jordanie en photos - Le fils de Rania fte ses 21 ans avec des orphelins

It's hard to believe Prince Hussein is 21 already!
Old 05-23-2016, 03:10 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The holly month of Ramadan is expected to start from June 6th.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

@queenrania:
Quote:
Wishing you all a blessed #Ramadan https://t.co/eaExuQLi4a
[B]

@RHCJO:
Quote:
I warmly congratulate all Jordanians, as well as Arab and Muslim Nations, on the advent of the Holy Month of Ramadan, a month of mercy and blessings
- Abdullah bin Al Hussein #ABH
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGSI_GnGIWY/?hl=en

Quote:
@alhusseinjo: May God fill the Holy Month of #Ramadan with mercy and accept our good deeds #OurJordan
Old 06-07-2016, 03:50 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

1st day:
King receives Iraqi foreign minister
Amman, June 6 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II, on Monday, received Iraqi Foreign Minister, Ibrahim Jafari, who delivered to His Majesty a message from Iraqi Prime Minister, Haider Abbadi, dealing with ways to strengthen relations between the two countries, in addition to the latest developments in Iraq.

King accepts credentials of new ambassadors

Amman, June 6 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday received the credentials of seven newly-appointed ambassadors to Jordan.
The ambassadors are: Lee Bom-yon of South Korea, Maria Madalena Lobo Carvalho of Portugal, Josop Bek Sharipov of Kyrgyzstan, Hassan Adam Adji of Chad, Alhji Said Sinare of Ghana, Abdou Boubacar of Niger and Damien Cole of Ireland.

RHC Photos

Deputizing for King, Crown Prince attends graduation ceremony

Amman, June 6 (Petra)--Deputizing for His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Hussein Bin Abdullah II, attended on Monday the graduation ceremony of the 13th class of the Royal Jordanian National Defence College and the 22nd class of the Royal Jordanian War College.

RHC photos
Old 06-08-2016, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

2nd day - June 7th
Deputizing for His Majesty, HRH Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II offers condolences to the families of the martyrs of the Baqaa attack
https://www.facebook.com/RHCJO/photo...type=3&theater

More photos...
https://www.facebook.com/princehusse...36647779695239

ََQueen Rania:
ا„…„ƒة را†Šا تعزŠ ا„*Šارات ˆا„عˆا…„‡ ˆا„‚عاŠد‡ … صˆر | ‡„ا أخبار – رادŠˆ ‡„ا

His Majesty King Abdullah II visits the General Intelligence Directorate and praises the Jordanian military and security personnel’s bravery
https://www.facebook.com/RHCJO/photo...type=3&theater

Princess Basma visits the Specialty Hospital.
https://www.facebook.com/OfficePrinc...23978134398746
Old 06-09-2016, 04:26 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

3rd Day

King meets NASA administrator

Amman, June 8 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday received, in the presence of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Hussein, Administrator of the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Charles Bolden.

During the meeting in Al Husseiniya Palace, the King said Jordan looks forward to benefiting from NASA's programs and experience in the scientific field. He also spoke about possibilities for Jordanian educational and academic institutions to benefit from these programs.

King attends army iftar

Amman, June 8 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces-Arab Army, accompanied by HRH Crown Prince Hussein, on Wednesday attended an iftar banquet hosted by the army.

Several members of the Royal family, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs-of-Staff and the King’s Military Adviser Gen. Mashal Al Zaben, and the directors of General Intelligence Department, Civil Defense Department, Public Security Department, and Gendarmerie Department attended the banquet.

Army officers and members of security bodies were also present. King Abdullah performed the maghreb prayer with the attendees.

King, Crown Prince receive cables on the occasion of Ramadan

Amman, June 8 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II exchanged in telephone conversations with leaders of a number of Arab and Islamic countries, good wishes on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan.

The King exchanges good wishes with Saudi King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz, Bahraini King Hamad Bin Issa Al Khalifah, King Mohamad VI of Morocco, Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani and Saudi deputy crown prince, Mohammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.

Queen Rania offers condolences to family of Zyoud , Harahsheh

AMMONNEWS - Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah visited the bereaved Zyoud family in Zarqa on Wednesday, whose son, Staff Sergeant Louay Mohammed Faraj Zyoud, was killed in a terror attack against the General Intelligence Department’s office in Ain Al Basha, north of Amman, on Monday.

The Queen expressed her deepest sympathies to Zyoud’s mother, for suffering an immeasurable loss.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:23 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

5th day.

Crown Prince performs Friday prayer

Amman, June 10 (Petra) -- Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah joined worshippers in performing Friday prayer at King Abdullah bin Al Hussein Mosque in Amman.

Prince Al Hussein and the worshippers listened to the Friday sermon, which was delivered by Minister of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs Wael Arabiyat. The minister spoke about the virtues of the holy month of Ramadan and the glorious Quran.

Photos

Crown Prince attends Hashemite Scientific Councils
Amman, June 10 (Petra) -- Deputising for His Majesty King Abdullah II, HRH Crown Prince Al Hussein attended Friday's Hashemite Scientific Councils, held under the theme "Justice and Oppression".

During the session, held at King Abdullah I Mosque, Minister of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs Wael Arabiyat delivered a speech in which he underlined the importance of justice and how Islam championed and advocated for Justice. He also spoke about oppression and how Islam fought it.

Photo

Tags
holy month of ramadan, jordan king, jordanian royal family, king abdullah, king abdullah ii during ramadan, queen rania, queen rania during ramadan, ramadan