Ramadan: 2007-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BBC Radio 4 had a very interesting programme yesterday where they interviewed a Muslim lady living in Scotland who was celebrating Ramadan and travelled to London to visit relatives etc. The interviewer commented that it must be difficult to fast between sun rise and sun set especially since the days are so long in the Summer here in the UK! Anyway, I think the programme can still be listened to on i-player or on the website. Just thought I'd let people know!

Jordan officially announced that tomorrow (July 28th) will be the first day of Eid al-Fitr.
Eid Mubarak:flowers:

I have noticed this in several pictures of the King and Crown Prince praying and was curious: why do they have special prayer rugs just for themselves? Is it because they are royalty or for some other reason?

King, Queen visit Jordan Centre for Training and Inclusion
Amman, June 22 (Petra) – Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah, Monday, visited Al Hussein Society/Jordan Centre for Training and Inclusion and oversaw services and care provided to physically disabled children in the centre.
ImageBam ++ ImageBam ++ ImageBam ++ ImageBam ++ ImageBam

https://www.flickr.com/photos/queenrania/18460482834/sizes/o/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/queenrania/18460482294/sizes/o/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/queenrania/19077350862/sizes/o/

i wonder if the jordanian, or other muslim royals, actively engage in ramadan, by fasting, or other customs. i guess at the end of the day it's personal choice, just like wearing a yihab (which rania for example doesn't do), so wonder if they chose to do it. maybe this is part of the personal lives and it has never been confirmed/released.

i wonder if the jordanian, or other muslim royals, actively engage in ramadan, by fasting, or other customs. i guess at the end of the day it's personal choice, just like wearing a yihab (which rania for example doesn't do), so wonder if they chose to do it. maybe this is part of the personal lives and it has never been confirmed/released.

Fasting is not a personal choice, it's one of the things you have to do if you can. You are only excused from not fasting if you are unable due to health reasons, travelling, pregnant. But then you get some who don't bother to do so. Whether you do or not, it's something that's between you and god and therefore nobody should judge you if you don't do so.

I just came back from a week in Marrakech (yes I know its not in Jordan) and the feeling as a million people have Iftar (break the fast) leaving the city all quiet and empty and then some hours later, as the silence is broken by the call to prayer from the many minarets, have all these people head towards the mosques like a tidal wave is unbelievable and amazing. I feel so privileged to have been able to witness it and although I'm not a Muslim I felt very close to G-d doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I just came back from a week in Marrakech (yes I know its not in Jordan) and the feeling as a million people have Iftar (break the fast) leaving the city all quiet and empty and then some hours later, as the silence is broken by the call to prayer from the many minarets, have all these people head towards the mosques like a tidal wave is unbelievable and amazing. I feel so privileged to have been able to witness it and although I'm not a Muslim I felt very close to G-d doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Thanks for sharing your experience..

I went to Morocco in April and read that it's the law there to participate in Ramadan, meaning that the Moroccan RF participate. (I hope you had a nice time in Marrakech, JR76!)

I think all of the other Muslim royals also participate in Ramadan, though I don't know for sure, but since most Muslims participate in Ramadan, I think it's likely that the royals do as well.

if you mean by participation in Ramadan fasting well i guess they have too unless they have health conditions like Dazz said but we can know for sure fasting and other religious obligationsis something between the pesrson and god nobody can judge.but what is sure all muslims royal Jordan,Morocco and so are very busy with engagements linked to the holy month.

JR76 i am happy you enjoyed our city and i hope to see you coming back soon.

Crown Prince visits Omar Bin Al Khattab Charitable Society in Zarqa
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Fasting is one of the 5 pillars of Islam (the others include daily prayers, and the hajj, both of which members of the JRF have been publicly observed performing on many occasions). It's importance cannot be compared to the hijab. I have no doubt Rania and her family fast during Ramadan. In fact, I recall a few years ago when she shared a picture of one of her family at iftar (breaking of the fast) and one of her kids fasting for the first time, it was most likely Prince Hussein.

It's good seeing Prince Hussein active while he is in Jordan. He is sure getting all the experience for his future role. It's also good to see the confidence in his father to put him as regent while he is away.

It looks like Queen Rania's mother might be with them, I can see her reflection in the window. Or it could be someone else entirely!
ps...does anyone know what dish she and Prince Hussein are having in the bowl?

I guess it looks for me like a lentil soup , its one of Ramadans traditional dishes

Queen Rania's Instagram of yesterday, Iftar : https://instagram.com/p/4cUtIIhruY/?taken-by=queenrania
A great family photo as they break their fast.
Going a bit off topic but I recall seeing a Jordanian public service announcement for Ramadan that showed a man overeating everyday once the fast had ended. Naturally he was dealing with indigestion every evening during Ramadan. His wife was then shown scolding him for this and reminded him that it was not healthy to overindulge after a day of fasting. ;)

Nice to see that the Jordanian royal family is eating something light and healthy.

The holly month of Ramadan is expected to start from June 6th.

Last edited:
1st day:
King receives Iraqi foreign minister
Amman, June 6 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II, on Monday, received Iraqi Foreign Minister, Ibrahim Jafari, who delivered to His Majesty a message from Iraqi Prime Minister, Haider Abbadi, dealing with ways to strengthen relations between the two countries, in addition to the latest developments in Iraq.

King accepts credentials of new ambassadors

Amman, June 6 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday received the credentials of seven newly-appointed ambassadors to Jordan.
The ambassadors are: Lee Bom-yon of South Korea, Maria Madalena Lobo Carvalho of Portugal, Josop Bek Sharipov of Kyrgyzstan, Hassan Adam Adji of Chad, Alhji Said Sinare of Ghana, Abdou Boubacar of Niger and Damien Cole of Ireland.

RHC Photos

Deputizing for King, Crown Prince attends graduation ceremony

Amman, June 6 (Petra)--Deputizing for His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Hussein Bin Abdullah II, attended on Monday the graduation ceremony of the 13th class of the Royal Jordanian National Defence College and the 22nd class of the Royal Jordanian War College.

RHC photos

Last edited:
3rd Day

King meets NASA administrator

Amman, June 8 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday received, in the presence of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Hussein, Administrator of the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Charles Bolden.

During the meeting in Al Husseiniya Palace, the King said Jordan looks forward to benefiting from NASA's programs and experience in the scientific field. He also spoke about possibilities for Jordanian educational and academic institutions to benefit from these programs.

King attends army iftar

Amman, June 8 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces-Arab Army, accompanied by HRH Crown Prince Hussein, on Wednesday attended an iftar banquet hosted by the army.

Several members of the Royal family, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs-of-Staff and the King’s Military Adviser Gen. Mashal Al Zaben, and the directors of General Intelligence Department, Civil Defense Department, Public Security Department, and Gendarmerie Department attended the banquet.

Army officers and members of security bodies were also present. King Abdullah performed the maghreb prayer with the attendees.

King, Crown Prince receive cables on the occasion of Ramadan

Amman, June 8 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II exchanged in telephone conversations with leaders of a number of Arab and Islamic countries, good wishes on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan.

The King exchanges good wishes with Saudi King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz, Bahraini King Hamad Bin Issa Al Khalifah, King Mohamad VI of Morocco, Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani and Saudi deputy crown prince, Mohammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.

Queen Rania offers condolences to family of Zyoud , Harahsheh

AMMONNEWS - Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah visited the bereaved Zyoud family in Zarqa on Wednesday, whose son, Staff Sergeant Louay Mohammed Faraj Zyoud, was killed in a terror attack against the General Intelligence Department’s office in Ain Al Basha, north of Amman, on Monday.

The Queen expressed her deepest sympathies to Zyoud’s mother, for suffering an immeasurable loss.

Last edited:
5th day.

Crown Prince performs Friday prayer

Amman, June 10 (Petra) -- Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah joined worshippers in performing Friday prayer at King Abdullah bin Al Hussein Mosque in Amman.

Prince Al Hussein and the worshippers listened to the Friday sermon, which was delivered by Minister of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs Wael Arabiyat. The minister spoke about the virtues of the holy month of Ramadan and the glorious Quran.

Photos

Crown Prince attends Hashemite Scientific Councils
Amman, June 10 (Petra) -- Deputising for His Majesty King Abdullah II, HRH Crown Prince Al Hussein attended Friday's Hashemite Scientific Councils, held under the theme "Justice and Oppression".

During the session, held at King Abdullah I Mosque, Minister of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs Wael Arabiyat delivered a speech in which he underlined the importance of justice and how Islam championed and advocated for Justice. He also spoke about oppression and how Islam fought it.

Photo

Back
Top Bottom