The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
Jerash Festival has been canceled for financial reasons, because it does not bring enough profit to cover its expenses.
Thanks for your answer but according to what I know and seen the festival was run by volunteers and cost much less than Jordan festival. The cost of that festival was less than any ceremony we have in national days.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
Thanks for your answer but according to what I know and seen the festival was run by volunteers and cost much less than Jordan festival. The cost of that festival was less than any ceremony we have in national days.
Perhaps, Are you trying to say that the abolition of Jerash Festival was because of the royal family relationship with Queen Noor or because it is her project. I dont think so dear. Queen Noor herself has sent a letter years ago to king Abdullah about the debt of the festival and its financial problems. Also i think Jordan Festival is organized by the government and the Prime Minister is the one who opened its activities not Queen Rania.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy

Back to post #124. Does anyone know why King Abdullah tried to sue Queen Noor?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbugman View Post
Back to post #124. Does anyone know why King Abdullah tried to sue Queen Noor?
I think it is just a rumor.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Nobility

I think the Jordanian court if full of rumors. Noor lives now basically in the United States and I think very happy.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl View Post
I think the Jordanian court if full of rumors. Noor lives now basically in the United States and I think very happy.
Maybe that's a rumor too
I heard that most of the time she lives at the Bab As-Salaam palace.

Does anyone know for sure where she lives?
Old 10-05-2010, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miryam1980 View Post
Maybe that's a rumor too

No .. KH and QN moved to Bab As- Salaam 1 or 2 years before KH`s death. They lived in Nadwa palace before i think.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Gentry

Quote:
No .. KH and QN moved to Bab As- Salaam 1 or 2 years before KH`s death. They lived in Nadwa palace before i think.
That's what I was thinking
In the end, no one here knows for sure
She's out of the country a lot for meetings, speeches etc but I assume Bab As- Salaam is her home......or maybe another palace..... who knows
Old 10-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
That's what I was thinking
In the end, no one here knows for sure
She's out of the country a lot for meetings, speeches etc but I assume Bab As- Salaam is her home......or maybe another palace..... who knows
Quote:

Her home in Jordan is Bab As Salam palace. King Hussein and Queen Noor moved to this palace in 1996-7.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I have heard that there was a fabulous 40th birthday party held for the Queen in Wadi Rum which by all accounts cost a whole heap. It was a private event.

[QUOTE=yamamah;1141971] I know Sarvath personally and have had dealings with her away from the cameras and without saying anything derogatory she is.............

How do you know Sarvath ? I am curious because my sister who is married to a Jordanian, has her children in the ABS, the school that was founded by Sarvath 30 years ago, and is still closely supervised by her. She has met her on occasion. She says is is very easy to talk to, down to earth, and practical. The school is considered the best in Jordan and there are many staff and board members there who have worked closely with Sarvath the whole time. By contrast, the Jubilee School, founded by Noor, and the IAA founded by Rania, have not been so successful. The IAA has if anything, a bad reputation on many counts, with principals and teachers constantly leaving. Many students who are at the school would prefer to be at the ABS but there is no room for them. My sister says that Sarvath is considered to be blunt and frank, and has little tolerance for fools or hypocrites. Many people find Sarvath very British in her attitude.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Commoner

Interesting post, Helen of Troy. I assume the members of the JRF have colorful personalities, and as an extended family with children born from 4 different wives, it isn't surprising, but rather natural and normal, if there have been bad moments between them. Rumors are rumors, nobody can avoid or stop them. I would like to wish them all the best!
Old 10-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Commoner

It has been a very interesting thread, informative, However what I did not like here is the depreciation, either of QN or prince Hassan efforts, let's not forget that QN was beside KH in his toughest moments and was supportive for him and his country, who says Jubilee school is a failure has no idea about its graduates who are the best doctors, engineers and lawyers now, most of them are Phd holders, QN association and project did help many poor families in the south and badyea , these project are still running and making profit, Jerash was an icon formed by her own hands and dedication ..I don't care who might have run it now, but I care for its reputation and success that gave Jordan an added value and gave us the feeling of having a culture.

Prince Hassan was the guard of Jordan, he was KH right hand, he handed the kingdom smoothly even he was able to make -at least- some noise. Every village in Jordan remembers him, his humble manner and strength in fighting for the benefit of this land.

let's remember that who bad mouthed him were found later to be very corrupt official and betrayed HM QA trust.

Now to QR ...I believe she does well for Jordan, and she takes the biggest share of criticism now because she is in power, which is normal and somehow Jordan now cannot afford that extreme luxury.

Finally, I'm more convinced with Prince Hamzh stance, which is serving HM KA and the Kingdom wherever and whatever we are.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It has been a very interesting thread, informative, However what I did not like here is the depreciation, either of QN or prince Hassan efforts, let's not forget that QN was beside KJ in his toughest moments and was supportive for him and his country, who says Jubilee school is a failure has no idea about its graduates who are the best doctors, engineers and lawyers now, most of them are Phd holders, QN association and project did help many poor families in the south and badyea , these project are still running and making profit, Jerash was an icon formed by her own hands and dedication ..I don't care who might have run it now, but I care for its reputation and success that gave Jordan an added value and gave us the feeling of having a culture.

Prince Hassan was the guard of Jordan, he was KH right hand, he handed the kingdom smoothly even he was able to make -at least- some noise. Every village in Jordan remembers him, his humble manner and strength in fighting for the benefit of this land.

let's remember that who bad mouthed him were found later to be very corrupt official and betrayed HM QA trust.

Now to QR ...I believe she does well for Jordan, and she takes the biggest share of criticism now because she is in power, which is normal and somehow Jordan now cannot afford that extreme luxury.

Finally, I'm more convinced with Prince Hamzh stance, which is serving HM KA and the Kingdom wherever and whatever we are.
Thanks I could not agree more ...
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 10-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Maybe that's a rumor too

her main home is bab as-salam. though she is also travelling a lot.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Nobility

Is it true that Queen Alia's children actually dislike Noor? Also I've read that Noor's relations with King Abdullah is "cold" from the King's book. That's quite shocking--as it seems that Noor raised QA's children since she married KH.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
Is it true that Queen Alia's children actually dislike Noor? Also I've read that Noor's relations with King Abdullah is "cold" from the King's book. That's quite shocking--as it seems that Noor raised QA's children since she married KH.
King Abdullah was old enough. starnge how he write this in a book
Old 12-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Yes this is true Haya and Alia have not very good relation with Queen Noor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
King Abdullah was old enough. starnge how he write this in a book
King Abdullah writes these words on his book because all people know it.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Yes this is true Haya and Alia have not very good relation with Queen Noor
how shocking. queen noor wrote very lovingly of them in her book...
Old 12-30-2012, 03:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
how shocking. queen noor wrote very lovingly of them in her book...
Well I not know if Princess Haya not love Queen Noor or not ,, But I do agree & believe that there is not very good relationship between them ,,, But you could not knows the right with who !!!
Maybe Princess Haya not love Q Noor because she’s her step-mother & especially that HM King Hussein he did marry Q Noor after her mother death in just One year !!! , and Haya was a child and these things impacted on her ,,,, And Queen Noor too she was always looking for best for her childern ,, Maybe Downright discrimination between Queen Alia children & her children ,,, Princess Haya childhood was sad ,,, she was just a young child and sure she has many desires , That maybe Queen Noor does not afford it for her as a mother ,, Or not much care as her children
I Just feel very sad for Queen Aliah Children !
Old 12-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Nobility

^ thank you...I guess the relationship between Haya and Noor is at least civilised, if not close.

How about Noor's relations with Muna's kids?