The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 01-15-2005, 11:41 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
This was in, whm, I believe either 1999 or 2000. Maybe 2000. But it was soon after KH's death.
__________________

__________________
*Under Construction*
  #82  
Old 01-19-2005, 01:32 PM
salma's Avatar
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---, Portugal
Posts: 8,899
This week in spanish magazine say that Queen Noor have a relation with millonaire a ex-director of AOL
__________________

__________________
  #83  
Old 01-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma
This week in spanish magazine say that Queen Noor have a relation with millonaire a ex-director of AOL
Well they are good friends. But, and as I stated in another post, she said in an interview that she was not going out with him, but that she would not be photographed with him cuz ppl in Jordan and the surrouding region would think that they were married or going together. But who knows, maybe now they are together. BUt she also said that her kids would not want her in another relationship. However this interview was a year or less after KH died, so maybe alot has changed.
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #84  
Old 01-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma
This week in spanish magazine say that Queen Noor have a relation with millonaire a ex-director of AOL
Which magazine Salma?
__________________
  #85  
Old 01-19-2005, 03:03 PM
salma's Avatar
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---, Portugal
Posts: 8,899
In Semanal Magazine. In this magazine to appear a article about the decision of King Abdullah to remove the tittle of crownprince to Hamzah (sorry for my english laila)
__________________
  #86  
Old 01-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma
In Semanal Magazine. In this magazine to appear a article about the decision of King Abdullah to remove the tittle of crownprince to Hamzah (sorry for my english laila)
this weeks Semana? I have no problems with your enghlish hun ,
anyway thanks for your answer.:)

love laila
__________________
  #87  
Old 01-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 27
do you mean this specefic issieu ?

WWW.semana.es


love laila
__________________
  #88  
Old 01-19-2005, 03:51 PM
salma's Avatar
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---, Portugal
Posts: 8,899
No Laila
thiss the article :)


http://www.clubelsemanal.com/web/art...id_edicion=101
__________________
  #89  
Old 01-20-2005, 01:12 AM
tipper's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Napoli, Italy
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Well they are good friends. But, and as I stated in another post, she said in an interview that she was not going out with him, but that she would not be photographed with him cuz ppl in Jordan and the surrouding region would think that they were married or going together. But who knows, maybe now they are together. BUt she also said that her kids would not want her in another relationship. However this interview was a year or less after KH died, so maybe alot has changed.
I do think Noor should meet a man, she's still young, well, she's 53, and I wonder why do her kids want her to live the rest of her life by herself, that's very selfish of them-
__________________
  #90  
Old 01-20-2005, 05:16 AM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,693
Well if she marries, she'll lose the title of Queen and with it, the little bit of influence she has left in the Royal Family. Especially now when her son is no longer CP.
__________________
  #91  
Old 01-20-2005, 07:10 AM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
I don't know how much the rumors are true, but I guess QN knows perfectly what is more important to her and her own children. To me that counts more in her decisions than to consider the little influence she has in the JRF.
__________________
  #92  
Old 02-16-2005, 11:52 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
Queen Noor's Future: Part II

Well I was reading the old thread called Queen Noor's Future and I thought it would be interesting to start it up again seeing that CP Hamzah has been stripped of his Crown Princely title.

Like Humera said in the old thread I do not envy HM. I think it kind of sad that she goes from being a full-fledged queen to one who has to really work hard for her money. I don't think it wise for her to remarry, but it would be better to have a companion-although I am against that idea too since it is better to remarry. But I just don't know about her having to travel all the time and giving those speeches. It seems tiring. I don't know. But I just can't put to rest that Hamzah won't be king. It is not denial cuz I still think that it is possible. But it is also possibkle that Jordan could lose its monarchy esp. with the leadership (?) that KA upholds which is far from his dad's. Even my advisor who is not into royals, but is my major advisor, said that he really isn't that much of a leader like his dad is. Anyway back to Noor. I think she should slow down all those speaking engagements, but still speak out about issues-just not to where she is busy all the time. But her kids are growing up...
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #93  
Old 02-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
I don't think Queen Noor has to work as hard for her money as someone who works in a factory does. Queen Noor's family was in the least an upper middle class family, so she came from some money even if it was not like Donald Trump or Richard Branson money.

And when King Hussein passed away, even though he had a large family, I'm sure that Queen Noor was left a sizable inheritance as she was the mother of his four youngest children and the girls were quite young when their father died.

And I doubt that she's is really strapped for cash -- she has at least two homes and must maintain them financially. So if she were really hurting for money she'd have at least sold one of those homes by now.

As for her speaking engagements, when Queen Noor travels, I'm sure her agents make sure that she travels with the best of accomodations, so she is not exactly spending her nights before a speaking engagement in a seedy motel or even a middle class hotel such as a Holiday Inn.

And as someone who has heard one of Queen Noor's speeches, I think people who have lived a life as she has, seen as much as she has and been a witness to things such as Middle Eastern peace talks, there is much insight to be garnered and learned from Queen Noor's speeches. Even when she speaks about how she coped during King Hussein's illness and those weeks spent in the hospital as he endured treatment for his cancer, what she said was very inspiring and comforting -- it makes one realize that things like even though they were at the time the King and Queen of Jordan cancer hits everybody and that as his wife how scared and sad she was of losing him and how each day was a fight for his life. And what she has to say about the peace talks between Middle Eastern leaders, as someone who witnessed it through the eyes of her husband who was very much part of such a process, enables everyone else to learn what did and didn't work and how we can propel the process forward.

And if you've ever met Queen Noor, she is still an energetic and spirited individual. She does not seem run down in the least with raising her children, supporting them and these speaking engagements. Queen Elizabeth II hast at least 15-20 years on Queen Noor and keeps up a much more vigorous schedule, so I don't see why Queen Noor would be so tired.
__________________
  #94  
Old 02-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,693
Alexandria's post reminded me of something I'd read a couple of weeks ago. All those speeches Queen Noor makes, she gets paid quite a bit of money for those. I've heard that former President Clinton gets $100, 000 per speech. Queen Noor gets at least a five-figure amount, I read $60, 000 somewhere. Thats not to say ofcourse that she needs the money.
When Prince Hamzah was still Crown Prince, I used to think that Queen Noor would never remarry unless she wanted to jeopardize her son's position. But now that Hamzah isnt CP, in many ways things would be a lot easier on Noor. She wont have to be so guarded about everything she does or says. Perhaps she could even think about the possibility of remarriage. But that would mean her losing her title of Queen. If that happens then her position within the royal family would be further diminished. So I guess things are still complicated. Though I wouldnt want her to spend all her life by herself. If she finds someone and loves him very much, I dont think she'd care much about the title. Although her kids would I think. I dont know if they'd want her to remarry.
__________________
  #95  
Old 02-18-2005, 03:12 AM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,214
Just a note--when it comes to cancer and environment, Noor has donated her time to speaking on more than several occasions.....so that's nice of her. These causes are clearly important to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Alexandria's post reminded me of something I'd read a couple of weeks ago. All those speeches Queen Noor makes, she gets paid quite a bit of money for those. I've heard that former President Clinton gets $100, 000 per speech. Queen Noor gets at least a five-figure amount, I read $60, 000 somewhere. Thats not to say ofcourse that she needs the money.
When Prince Hamzah was still Crown Prince, I used to think that Queen Noor would never remarry unless she wanted to jeopardize her son's position. But now that Hamzah isnt CP, in many ways things would be a lot easier on Noor. She wont have to be so guarded about everything she does or says. Perhaps she could even think about the possibility of remarriage. But that would mean her losing her title of Queen. If that happens then her position within the royal family would be further diminished. So I guess things are still complicated. Though I wouldnt want her to spend all her life by herself. If she finds someone and loves him very much, I dont think she'd care much about the title. Although her kids would I think. I dont know if they'd want her to remarry.
__________________
  #96  
Old 02-18-2005, 03:23 AM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,214
Noor's Future--So Many Possibilities

She's still quite young (by the way, enjoyed all your posts and this particular thread!) so it does seem a shame IF she found a partner she wanted to marry she would not go ahead and do it. The children, who she says in "People," when promoting her book were against remarriage will just have to understand. They have their own lives to live and she has fulfilled her role as mother very well by all accounts--except for her own fretting about "choosing her husband" over her children at times and worrying if it will impact them.

She is certainly not poor; I have always wondered why the sudden sale of house in Potomac (she lives in McCleen rental) and London......and has gone on record to say the King's wealth was nowhere near speculation. Reminds me of Jackie Kennedy; "everyone" knew her estate was $100 million until her attorney said in "Newsweek" it was more in the $30 million range. Not that I'm thinking this was insufficient......that's a lot of money!


I just wish her the best as she is a classy, lovely lady who has tried to spend the last five years trying to reinvent herself--never an easy task--from Queen of Jordan to a Queen who gives talks and whose title is more of a meaningless one in that she no longer wields the power she had. But all who know her say she reinvented herself when she moved to East Coast with her family, then when she became Queen, and now, its time to do it again. If anyone can handle it with grace, albeit it must still hurt at times, she can.
__________________
  #97  
Old 02-18-2005, 07:14 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Well I was reading the old thread called Queen Noor's Future and I thought it would be interesting to start it up again seeing that CP Hamzah has been stripped of his Crown Princely title.

Like Humera said in the old thread I do not envy HM. I think it kind of sad that she goes from being a full-fledged queen to one who has to really work hard for her money. I don't think it wise for her to remarry, but it would be better to have a companion-although I am against that idea too since it is better to remarry. But I just don't know about her having to travel all the time and giving those speeches. It seems tiring. I don't know. But I just can't put to rest that Hamzah won't be king. It is not denial cuz I still think that it is possible. But it is also possibkle that Jordan could lose its monarchy esp. with the leadership (?) that KA upholds which is far from his dad's. Even my advisor who is not into royals, but is my major advisor, said that he really isn't that much of a leader like his dad is. Anyway back to Noor. I think she should slow down all those speaking engagements, but still speak out about issues-just not to where she is busy all the time. But her kids are growing up...

i think she inherited enough money for the rest of her lifetime and doesnt hard work for her money. maybe she does work caused by loving this kind of work.

but whats up with jordan?why doesnt she stay there much time or travel there?
and do her children still live with her?
__________________
  #98  
Old 02-18-2005, 04:06 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I just wish her the best as she is a classy, lovely lady who has tried to spend the last five years trying to reinvent herself--never an easy task--from Queen of Jordan to a Queen who gives talks and whose title is more of a meaningless one in that she no longer wields the power she had. But all who know her say she reinvented herself when she moved to East Coast with her family, then when she became Queen, and now, its time to do it again. If anyone can handle it with grace, albeit it must still hurt at times, she can.
Re invention is the name of the game in the JRF ! As you say, Q, Noor had to find a role for herself; so too did former Crown Prince Hassan, who had to find a new direction in his professional life after thirty five years - and at least Queen Noor did not have to overcome the slander and calumny that Prince Hassan faced. She also must have at some point taken on board with a husband so much older than herself, that even if he had not died when he did from illness, she would most likely have had to face a long period of widowhood. King Abdullah too had to reinvent himself from a prince who spent much of his life watching events from the sidelines to the being the man at the vortex of events.
__________________
  #99  
Old 02-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
YEah QN is really good at adjusting herself to totoally new situations and being so flexible. But her future is a bit hazy.
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #100  
Old 02-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
I think Noor was forced to leave Jordan because Rania was insecure about her role as Queen. Rather than allow Noor to remain in Jordan and seek Noor's advice and guidance on the role of being a Jordanian queen, Rania was jealous and insecure that most Jordanians would prefer Noor to her and continue to support Noor.

Rania will always walk in Noor's shadow. Noor, whatever problems she had in the early years of her reign, made up for them in the last 10 years. She supported her husband, the ever great King Hussein, as a faithful wife through many difficult times professionally and privately, as well as brining much public attention to Jordan and international causes.

During the last years of his life when King Hussein had cancer than was in remission than sick again, and all the while the Middle East peace talks were being brokered by President Clinton at Camp David, there were several interviews given by Noor by herself and with the late King. The thing most remarkable about those interviews was that one really paid attention to Noor's words and what she was saying, rather than focusing on her clothes as one inevitably always does with Rania.

From Noor's agenda in her last months as queen and her agenda today, and Rania's agenda today, both of these women represent different charities and champion different organizations. Why can't they both stay in the same country and make Jordan a stronger nation?

But as Noor was forced out of Jordan, she is probably better off anyway. The further away she distances herself from the present King and his designer-wearing wife the better. She can champion her causes in New York, Washington, London, wherever without the 'stigma' of "jealous former Queen" attached to her. Noor can now live her life as she wants to, raise her daughters as she wants to, and not be under the thumb of Abdullah and Rania.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pavlos And Marie Chantal: Current Events December 2002 - October 2003 Julia Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 76 10-14-2003 08:40 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]