Queen Noor's Future

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how much the rumors are true, but I guess QN knows perfectly what is more important to her and her own children. To me that counts more in her decisions than to consider the little influence she has in the JRF.

Queen Noor's Future: Part II

Well I was reading the old thread called Queen Noor's Future and I thought it would be interesting to start it up again seeing that CP Hamzah has been stripped of his Crown Princely title.

Like Humera said in the old thread I do not envy HM. I think it kind of sad that she goes from being a full-fledged queen to one who has to really work hard for her money. I don't think it wise for her to remarry, but it would be better to have a companion-although I am against that idea too since it is better to remarry. But I just don't know about her having to travel all the time and giving those speeches. It seems tiring. I don't know. But I just can't put to rest that Hamzah won't be king. It is not denial cuz I still think that it is possible. But it is also possibkle that Jordan could lose its monarchy esp. with the leadership (?) that KA upholds which is far from his dad's. Even my advisor who is not into royals, but is my major advisor, said that he really isn't that much of a leader like his dad is. Anyway back to Noor. I think she should slow down all those speaking engagements, but still speak out about issues-just not to where she is busy all the time. But her kids are growing up...

I don't think Queen Noor has to work as hard for her money as someone who works in a factory does. Queen Noor's family was in the least an upper middle class family, so she came from some money even if it was not like Donald Trump or Richard Branson money.

And when King Hussein passed away, even though he had a large family, I'm sure that Queen Noor was left a sizable inheritance as she was the mother of his four youngest children and the girls were quite young when their father died.

And I doubt that she's is really strapped for cash -- she has at least two homes and must maintain them financially. So if she were really hurting for money she'd have at least sold one of those homes by now.

As for her speaking engagements, when Queen Noor travels, I'm sure her agents make sure that she travels with the best of accomodations, so she is not exactly spending her nights before a speaking engagement in a seedy motel or even a middle class hotel such as a Holiday Inn.

And as someone who has heard one of Queen Noor's speeches, I think people who have lived a life as she has, seen as much as she has and been a witness to things such as Middle Eastern peace talks, there is much insight to be garnered and learned from Queen Noor's speeches. Even when she speaks about how she coped during King Hussein's illness and those weeks spent in the hospital as he endured treatment for his cancer, what she said was very inspiring and comforting -- it makes one realize that things like even though they were at the time the King and Queen of Jordan cancer hits everybody and that as his wife how scared and sad she was of losing him and how each day was a fight for his life. And what she has to say about the peace talks between Middle Eastern leaders, as someone who witnessed it through the eyes of her husband who was very much part of such a process, enables everyone else to learn what did and didn't work and how we can propel the process forward.

And if you've ever met Queen Noor, she is still an energetic and spirited individual. She does not seem run down in the least with raising her children, supporting them and these speaking engagements. Queen Elizabeth II hast at least 15-20 years on Queen Noor and keeps up a much more vigorous schedule, so I don't see why Queen Noor would be so tired.

Alexandria's post reminded me of something I'd read a couple of weeks ago. All those speeches Queen Noor makes, she gets paid quite a bit of money for those. I've heard that former President Clinton gets $100, 000 per speech. Queen Noor gets at least a five-figure amount, I read $60, 000 somewhere. Thats not to say ofcourse that she needs the money.
When Prince Hamzah was still Crown Prince, I used to think that Queen Noor would never remarry unless she wanted to jeopardize her son's position. But now that Hamzah isnt CP, in many ways things would be a lot easier on Noor. She wont have to be so guarded about everything she does or says. Perhaps she could even think about the possibility of remarriage. But that would mean her losing her title of Queen. If that happens then her position within the royal family would be further diminished. So I guess things are still complicated. Though I wouldnt want her to spend all her life by herself. If she finds someone and loves him very much, I dont think she'd care much about the title. Although her kids would I think. I dont know if they'd want her to remarry.

Just a note--when it comes to cancer and environment, Noor has donated her time to speaking on more than several occasions.....so that's nice of her. These causes are clearly important to her.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Alexandria's post reminded me of something I'd read a couple of weeks ago. All those speeches Queen Noor makes, she gets paid quite a bit of money for those. I've heard that former President Clinton gets $100, 000 per speech. Queen Noor gets at least a five-figure amount, I read $60, 000 somewhere. Thats not to say ofcourse that she needs the money.
When Prince Hamzah was still Crown Prince, I used to think that Queen Noor would never remarry unless she wanted to jeopardize her son's position. But now that Hamzah isnt CP, in many ways things would be a lot easier on Noor. She wont have to be so guarded about everything she does or says. Perhaps she could even think about the possibility of remarriage. But that would mean her losing her title of Queen. If that happens then her position within the royal family would be further diminished. So I guess things are still complicated. Though I wouldnt want her to spend all her life by herself. If she finds someone and loves him very much, I dont think she'd care much about the title. Although her kids would I think. I dont know if they'd want her to remarry.

Noor's Future--So Many Possibilities

She's still quite young (by the way, enjoyed all your posts and this particular thread!) so it does seem a shame IF she found a partner she wanted to marry she would not go ahead and do it. The children, who she says in "People," when promoting her book were against remarriage will just have to understand. They have their own lives to live and she has fulfilled her role as mother very well by all accounts--except for her own fretting about "choosing her husband" over her children at times and worrying if it will impact them.

She is certainly not poor; I have always wondered why the sudden sale of house in Potomac (she lives in McCleen rental) and London......and has gone on record to say the King's wealth was nowhere near speculation. Reminds me of Jackie Kennedy; "everyone" knew her estate was $100 million until her attorney said in "Newsweek" it was more in the $30 million range. Not that I'm thinking this was insufficient......that's a lot of money!

I just wish her the best as she is a classy, lovely lady who has tried to spend the last five years trying to reinvent herself--never an easy task--from Queen of Jordan to a Queen who gives talks and whose title is more of a meaningless one in that she no longer wields the power she had. But all who know her say she reinvented herself when she moved to East Coast with her family, then when she became Queen, and now, its time to do it again. If anyone can handle it with grace, albeit it must still hurt at times, she can.

Reina said:
Well I was reading the old thread called Queen Noor's Future and I thought it would be interesting to start it up again seeing that CP Hamzah has been stripped of his Crown Princely title.

Like Humera said in the old thread I do not envy HM. I think it kind of sad that she goes from being a full-fledged queen to one who has to really work hard for her money. I don't think it wise for her to remarry, but it would be better to have a companion-although I am against that idea too since it is better to remarry. But I just don't know about her having to travel all the time and giving those speeches. It seems tiring. I don't know. But I just can't put to rest that Hamzah won't be king. It is not denial cuz I still think that it is possible. But it is also possibkle that Jordan could lose its monarchy esp. with the leadership (?) that KA upholds which is far from his dad's. Even my advisor who is not into royals, but is my major advisor, said that he really isn't that much of a leader like his dad is. Anyway back to Noor. I think she should slow down all those speaking engagements, but still speak out about issues-just not to where she is busy all the time. But her kids are growing up...

i think she inherited enough money for the rest of her lifetime and doesnt hard work for her money. maybe she does work caused by loving this kind of work.

but whats up with jordan?why doesnt she stay there much time or travel there?
and do her children still live with her?

maryshawn said:
I just wish her the best as she is a classy, lovely lady who has tried to spend the last five years trying to reinvent herself--never an easy task--from Queen of Jordan to a Queen who gives talks and whose title is more of a meaningless one in that she no longer wields the power she had. But all who know her say she reinvented herself when she moved to East Coast with her family, then when she became Queen, and now, its time to do it again. If anyone can handle it with grace, albeit it must still hurt at times, she can.

Re invention is the name of the game in the JRF ! As you say, Q, Noor had to find a role for herself; so too did former Crown Prince Hassan, who had to find a new direction in his professional life after thirty five years - and at least Queen Noor did not have to overcome the slander and calumny that Prince Hassan faced. She also must have at some point taken on board with a husband so much older than herself, that even if he had not died when he did from illness, she would most likely have had to face a long period of widowhood. King Abdullah too had to reinvent himself from a prince who spent much of his life watching events from the sidelines to the being the man at the vortex of events.

YEah QN is really good at adjusting herself to totoally new situations and being so flexible. But her future is a bit hazy.

I think Noor was forced to leave Jordan because Rania was insecure about her role as Queen. Rather than allow Noor to remain in Jordan and seek Noor's advice and guidance on the role of being a Jordanian queen, Rania was jealous and insecure that most Jordanians would prefer Noor to her and continue to support Noor.

Rania will always walk in Noor's shadow. Noor, whatever problems she had in the early years of her reign, made up for them in the last 10 years. She supported her husband, the ever great King Hussein, as a faithful wife through many difficult times professionally and privately, as well as brining much public attention to Jordan and international causes.

During the last years of his life when King Hussein had cancer than was in remission than sick again, and all the while the Middle East peace talks were being brokered by President Clinton at Camp David, there were several interviews given by Noor by herself and with the late King. The thing most remarkable about those interviews was that one really paid attention to Noor's words and what she was saying, rather than focusing on her clothes as one inevitably always does with Rania.

From Noor's agenda in her last months as queen and her agenda today, and Rania's agenda today, both of these women represent different charities and champion different organizations. Why can't they both stay in the same country and make Jordan a stronger nation?

But as Noor was forced out of Jordan, she is probably better off anyway. The further away she distances herself from the present King and his designer-wearing wife the better. She can champion her causes in New York, Washington, London, wherever without the 'stigma' of "jealous former Queen" attached to her. Noor can now live her life as she wants to, raise her daughters as she wants to, and not be under the thumb of Abdullah and Rania.

All are excellent points! I learn so much from this discussion......I too thought Ba'ab al Salaam would be "home base" as I believe--correct me if wrong--QN said so on Larry King and alluded to it in her book and articles. She said "This will always be my home" and one interviewer said it made sense as her family (parents and siblings) moved around a lot, there was no sense of permanence and the only place she seemed to find it was in Jordan. And she said she loved that house because KH loved the house and they designed all of it from rooms to garden together......seems a shame it must sit empty for many months during the year......unless her children use it as their home base when in Jordan--which would make sense, I suppose. I wonder how much time the girls spend there and if Haya stays there while visiting Jordan as, whatever she feels about QN and we don't know for sure, it was her dad's home too. Any ideas?

So Many Have Had to "reinvent" Themselves

I forgot to add, the points about Prince Hassan, KA, et al having to reinvent themselves, as well, are excellent and on target. I adored/adore KH but he certainly left a lot of the JRF in turmoil in the few short days prior to his death when so many things changed so quickly......and I don't know what Hassan is doing--likely, handling himself with typical dignity but has he been "assigned an official role and responsibilities?" If anyone knows, I'd love to know or be directed to a thread with new information regarding this. Thanks, Mary Shawn

I don't think that Queen Noor's future is really going to be "hazy." Jordan simply isn't big enough for two Queens. I think that it is good for her to spend some time in Jordan, but not too much. She really has to create another life for herself outside of Jordan, and she seems to be doing that by giving speeches, her charity and humanitarian work. There really isn't much more that she can do, but way of being on her own. As for Jordan, I think that it would be lovely for Queen Noor to be able to spend more time there, but it really isn't feasible and would simply cause problems between those who who are longtime supporters of Noor and not sure about Rania. Besides, I have also heard that there is a lot of gossip in Jordan in certain circles which would only cause more problems concerning the "rift" between the two Queens.

From what I understand it still is, that was her and KH home, she wouldn't sell it for anything. If annyone inc QR tried to force her to all of the aforementioned would loose hands down and would be policing their rights from various hospital beds in the least.

It's true though, she does seem to have had a situation that means she's alone.

Personally I think's as was inferred in her Larry King and other interviews "There was magic with KH and I" She grieves for him.

Maybe she still feels that she hasn't the same place in Jordan without Him.

Although I beg to differ, she's more than a Queen in her own Right and she deserves to treated with all the respect, which she has earnt. No one has the right to take away her achievements nor satus.:p

I also would love for her to find a Man, whom will treat her with love and tenderness, and would both enrich and compilment her life, in addition to sharing His with her. I really do hope for that.:)

closesttoheaven said:
okay - and what is with bab al salam?
i thought its her house and she would stay there - once she said that.

With regards to QN financial situation. Upon KH death (as was written in his will) she inherited the Bulk of his (KH) entire estate. Meaning that although the other Family members were taken care of, he made sure that His Widow and Children (which he lovingly sired with her) irrespective of opposing opinions.

As far as I know she owns at least five properties, not including he Jordanian Palaces.

If I'm correct she recently sold one, to who I at present do not recall. Thereafter I believe that she purchased another vast estate from a high profile Baseball player.

So by all acounts HM QN is well, Alhandhul Illah.:)

Best wished for her bright and happy future.:)

Reina said:

Last edited:
It is very sad to me that she isn't in Jordan so much anymore. Maybe after all of her children have graduated (are they all in American schools?) she will go back? I wonder if her children see their futures in Jordan? I hope so!

Queen Noor's situation is similar to that of the Queen Elizabeth the II's mother before she died.
I've heard rumours that shewas"ousted" but perhaps she didn't want to retain her role as Queen with her husband gone.

I hope they eventually will. However because how certain people are inadvertantly making them feel unwelcom in their Homeland, maybe they'll meet but not in Jordan.:p

Alicky said:
It is very sad to me that she isn't in Jordan so much anymore. Maybe after all of her children have graduated (are they all in American schools?) she will go back? I wonder if her children see their futures in Jordan? I hope so!

What I think about Queen Noor...

I think that she besides being one of the most beautiful , elegant and stunning women I've ever seen is such an intelligent and dedicated woman.
She spends all her time talking to the people and trying to solve problems of her nation even though she isnt a queen anymore,
You can see that she is not interested in stupid things such as being in the public eye and spending money in stupid things.
She only wants what is good for the world and although she always wears nice clothes that look good on her she never lets you see her as a woman that spends lots of money in herself.
I think she is one of the women of today that should be admired by all of us.

I have always admired her intelligence and perseverance and grace under pressure. I don't know how she is in private, but she does make an impact on the world stage. She's quite the role model.

I totally agree. Because of that I don't understand why QA don''t give her more responsabilities.

I totally agree. Because of that I don't understand why QA don''t give her more responsabilities.

More responsibilites like what?
Personally I think she does alot

I don't agree with you dazzling she donesn't do alot.
it's clear that the king and the queen Especially the Qrania don't want to see her around and maybe this is why she doesn't looks Effective anymore in jordan,exept some Activities abroad without any Importance for jordan we don't see her or here about her very often,but I do think that she can do alot of thing if they give her chance.
it's my opinion

Last edited:
Queen Noor

I am very interested in Queen Noor, and her life now. And I would also like to see more pictures of her as a young Queen when she was less polished. All I ever see is what has been published in the American press, and I can't find many of her as a young Queen. Also there are many differing ideas about how she was as a Queen, wheather the Jordanian people liked her, or not, or was it just Husseins family who did not like her. What is the real truth about her and QR and KA? It has been said that QR stays in touch with her by e-mail, but that is rather impersonal. Is she really not allowed back in Jordan? Also lots of reports on these forums as to wheath she was a good stepmother or not. Why did she not attend KA coronation? What was her true reaction to her son losing his status as Crown Prince? Everything published in America makes her look like Joan of Arc and Mother Theresa rolled into one person. She is a smart person, and has been through, and seen lots of things that I believe would help KA if he would accept her help......I think she is a fascinating woman and would love to know the "real" truth. Can anyone who lives in Jordan give me some clues as to the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom