Queen Noor: Picture Thread 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bubbette said:
Page Six reported that Qn and one of her daughters was skiing in Aspen this past week.
I don't think we'll be seeing QN in Jordan anytime soon...maybe for KA's funeral.

sommone said:
Well, if she says she has a close relationship with Abdullah, then I believe it's PA. I'm sure we can assume the step-children she was talking about were QA's children, but it could be other step-children as well. I think that after all those years, there was still some issues between QN and QA's kids. Probably never really came to terms with losing their mother, and then resenting that their father remarried so quickly to someone else. Who knows...one can only guess.
it could be Princess Alia, maybe they were close, all I know is that QN has always been close to Princess Basma, her sis -in-law. Btw, I read that Q Zein was not so fond of Queen Noor.....

sommone said:
Well, if she says she has a close relationship with Abdullah, then I believe it's PA. I'm sure we can assume the step-children she was talking about were QA's children, but it could be other step-children as well. I think that after all those years, there was still some issues between QN and QA's kids. Probably never really came to terms with losing their mother, and then resenting that their father remarried so quickly to someone else. Who knows...one can only guess.
I once looked Princess Dina and QN on TV, during Pan- Arab games, back in '99, they looked to be in very good terms.

tipper said:
I once looked Princess Dina and QN on TV, during Pan- Arab games, back in '99, they looked to be in very good terms.
Everyone in the JRF looks to be on very good terms when seen on tv. They're not the type to let their family problems show in public. But, no one can stop the rumor mill right?

Redrose53083 said:
Everyone in the JRF looks to be on very good terms when seen on tv. They're not the type to let their family problems show in public. But, no one can stop the rumor mill right?
well, after a few days I could watch QN and Muna, at the stadium, they had been left alone, every1 had gone out to congratulate with Jordan team, 1 could c they were totally estranged, embarassed, and not talking to each other or even looking at each other, I felt sad for Noor.....

Anybody got pictures of her standing on the steps of the palace during King hussein's funeral, with other women of the royal family?

Lilygal said:
Anybody got pictures of her standing on the steps of the palace during King hussein's funeral, with other women of the royal family?
here's a few

Attachments

• 50377557.jpg
    50377557.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 401
  • 51062734.jpg
    51062734.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 51432060.jpg
    51432060.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 401
  • JORDAN KING HUSSEIN LON105.jpg
    JORDAN KING HUSSEIN LON105.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2,402
  • JORDAN ROYAL FUNERAL AMM176.jpg
    JORDAN ROYAL FUNERAL AMM176.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 5,635
  • 0000350769-005b.jpg
    0000350769-005b.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 303
Queen Noor "Comes Into Her Own" (KH quote)

During the Gulf war, QN visited refugee camps--always dressed in a khaki skirt, boots and demin shirt--and literally rolled up her sleeves to ensure those in need received supplies and help until they could return home. She relied on her rolodex of famous friends, like Richard Branson of Virgin Atlantic Airlines, who shipped in tons of blankets, food and water w/in 24 hours notice. QN made sure it was distributed by personally being at the camps daily--often collapsing at home after a day which began at 5 AM and lasted till 11 PM.

12.jpg
Waving to refugees as QN starts her day during Gulf crisis. KH praised her efforts, while "mired in profound depression himself." He smoked cigarette after cigarette, blaming himself for not being able to intervene successfully. QN began a PR campaign when the US publicly threatened reducing aid to Jordan (which privately did not happen as the US did not want Jordan to become de-stablized so it was all PR for the public who didn't understand KH's support of Saddam Hussein). Nonetheless, QN's efforts of putting together small dinners of foreign reporters with the royal couple were effective. She was a clever Queen and a great asset for the country at that time.

Old but nice picture of Q. Noor and P. Hashim, from AAP.

Attachments

• JORDAN FESTIVAL JERA102.jpg
    JORDAN FESTIVAL JERA102.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,032
I remember

maryshawn said:
Waving to refugees as QN starts her day during Gulf crisis. KH praised her efforts, while "mired in profound depression himself." He smoked cigarette after cigarette, blaming himself for not being able to intervene successfully. QN began a PR campaign when the US publicly threatened reducing aid to Jordan (which privately did not happen as the US did not want Jordan to become de-stablized so it was all PR for the public who didn't understand KH's support of Saddam Hussein). Nonetheless, QN's efforts of putting together small dinners of foreign reporters with the royal couple were effective. She was a clever Queen and a great asset for the country at that time.
I remember that during the Gulf war Her Majesty was constantly helping rfugees and visiting their poor places and she tried to build a bridge between West and East countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics of queen noor in the 24th arab summit of children with the american actress Agelina jolie.

Attachments

• noor+angelinajolie.JPG
    noor+angelinajolie.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,089
  • noor&angelina.JPG
    noor&angelina.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 291
THe RF does not know what they lost. WHy do they have to shun her so much? W/o her many ppl would not even know about Jordan. This is truly sad the way she is treated.
P.S. I remember ass a little girl-maybe 7/8-I read a magazine with her and KH in it. They were visiting one of the bedouin places. From that time I have had been interested in her and what she did. But I guess the reason she is hunned b/c she is truly good and more popular. Therefor this is a threat to QR and KH and Muna

Last edited:
Reina said:
THe RF does not know what they lost. WHy do they have to shun her so much? W/o her many ppl would not even know about Jordan. This is truly sad the way she is treated.
P.S. I remember ass a little girl-maybe 7/8-I read a magazine with her and KH in it. They were visiting one of the bedouin places. From that time I have had been interested in her and what she did. But I guess the reason she is hunned b/c she is truly good and more popular. Therefor this is a threat to QR and KH and Muna
Can QN speak Arabic, I have many tapes in which she speaks English, I heard she can only understand a bit of Arabic, I wonder, she talks to her kids in English, but in which language do the siblings speak to each other ? Do Ali and Hayah talk English or Arabic, what about Alia, KA, Feisal to each other or to QN's kids ? Did they talk Arabic to their father or English ? I think QR's accent is terrible, not British nor American, she's fluent in the language, but her accent ...OMG !

Article on QN in ROYALTY MONTHLY

attachment.php
The first page of QN at special event dressed in a combination of western wear with arabic touches. Very classy.

Attachments

• QN.jpg
    QN.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 2,242
  • QN1.jpg
    QN1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 389
  • qn2.jpg
    qn2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 348
  • qn3.jpg
    qn3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 252
  • qn4.jpg
    qn4.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 444
  • qn5.jpg
    qn5.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 346
  • qn6.jpg
    qn6.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
This article is a very good mix of QN at glamorous occasions and working with the people. She is always appropriately dressed and yet very lovely. Excellent article!

thanx for the pics maryshawn.
Although I do wish they'd come up with something a little more original than "The Desert Queen"
Thats what they called Rania when she was on an NBC special a few years ago!
There's quite a few queens in the Middle East. Im sure they cant all share the title.

maryshawn said:
This article is a very good mix of QN at glamorous occasions and working with the people. She is always appropriately dressed and yet very lovely. Excellent article!
;) :p
I was astonidhed to read she had nursed Hamzah ,maybe her other 3 kids as well, she's a very special woman, I bet Queen Elizabeth the Second does not even know what nursing a baby means.....

tipper said:
;) :p
I was astonidhed to read she had nursed Hamzah ,maybe her other 3 kids as well, she's a very special woman, I bet Queen Elizabeth the Second does not even know what nursing a baby means.....
On the contrary, Queen Elizabeth II nursed all four of her children. This has been confirmed by royal biographers, former royal staff, etc. QEII was not a bad mother by any means. But remember QEII and QN's roles are completely different. QN was the consort of a sovereign; QEII is the sovereign. Big difference. I wish people would stop bashing QEII. She and P. Philip tried their best given their circumstances - I think Charles is an ungrateful son.

kinneret5764 said:
QEII was not a bad mother by any means. But remember QEII and QN's roles are completely different. QN was the consort of a sovereign; QEII is the sovereign. Big difference. I wish people would stop bashing QEII. She and P. Philip tried their best given their circumstances .
I couldn't agree with you more. When you think that QEII was only 25 when she became Queen, not only of Britain but what then was a wide spread Empire, a young wife and a young mother, with so many expectations of her. All things considered, she has done her very best. I hope most of us can say the same when we look back at our careers. It has been a long life of mainly duty and not that much fun. I know there are people who will think that having plenty of money makes up for everything, but does it really compnesate for the loss of privacy, loss of spontanetity and those darned red boxes that follow her everywhere ! :(

tipper said:
:rolleyes: :(
Mary, I think only u and me still like QN here, in the Forum, don't know why every1 is against her and poor Hamzah-
i like her. i think she had a very difficult job and incredible jerk of a husband and did much better than many of us could've ever imagined.

kinneret5764 said:
On the contrary, Queen Elizabeth II nursed all four of her children. This has been confirmed by royal biographers, former royal staff, etc. QEII was not a bad mother by any means. But remember QEII and QN's roles are completely different. QN was the consort of a sovereign; QEII is the sovereign. Big difference. I wish people would stop bashing QEII. She and P. Philip tried their best given their circumstances - I think Charles is an ungrateful son.
Charles said stuff only him can know... like his mum's coldness to him ,when she shook his hand after a long time she had spent abroad, not even a kiss, why should he bash his own mum, if that was not true ? In fact, he found a mother in Camilla.

She tried. She read children's books with the kids in arabic to assist her learning and engaged a tutor. Her first speeches, she admits, were done phonetically. She said it is such a wonderful but challenging language and never expected to be as fluent as Jordanians BUT she was adamant her children learned to speak Arabic fluently. This won her high praise from the Jordanians, I've heard; Muna was not as concerned about it and, while I've never heard or could judge KA's arabic, I do know his wife has been said to speak it far better....wonder what is the deal with the accent.....
tipper said:
Can QN speak Arabic, I have many tapes in which she speaks English, I heard she can only understand a bit of Arabic, I wonder, she talks to her kids in English, but in which language do the siblings speak to each other ? Do Ali and Hayah talk English or Arabic, what about Alia, KA, Feisal to each other or to QN's kids ? Did they talk Arabic to their father or English ? I think QR's accent is terrible, not British nor American, she's fluent in the language, but her accent ...OMG !

I remember seeing her here on TV at the time and she presented a very rational, understandable case for KH's side and for that of the Palestinians.

Have also noticed when Larry King interviews her and tries to bring up terrorism, she jumps in and is fiercely protective of the palestinian people. He backs down. It's kind of comical to watch as she definitely puts him in his place by reminding him of all the good palestinians do, their problems---and she said to him quite crisply when he brought up something a person of palestinian descent had done: "I think, Sir, we all realize there are people of all descents who do things......and that the terrorists have more in common with one another--from all sides--than the rest of us, who want peace. And peace will only come when all sides arrive at a solution all can live with." She was not smiling. So, even though she spends less time in Jordan, she is still a very strong voice for the arabic people--and seems to have a real fondness and empathy particularly for those of palestinian origins. I respect her for that.

sol_anglada said:
I remember that during the Gulf war Her Majesty was constantly helping rfugees and visiting their poor places and she tried to build a bridge between West and East countries.

pics of Queen Noor

Attachments

• noor6.jpg
    noor6.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 741
  • Noord.jpg
    Noord.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 403
Is it possible that KA for any reason can take out the title of Queen Noor, so like she is not anylonger Queen Noor only the X wife of late KH?? is it possible, is he allwed to do so...?

Dina12 said:
Is it possible that KA for any reason can take out the title of Queen Noor, so like she is not anylonger Queen Noor only the X wife of late KH?? is it possible, is he allwed to do so...?
I believe he can do anything at all, he would have already done it, but with what kind of excuses, what could he say, same craps he said when he stripped Hamzah of his title ? he could tell media he's keen on helping QN to go on with her own life, and she could do better with no title at all, !!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p

old pics: December 9th, 2004from Isifa

Attachments

• 7.12.2004.JPG
    7.12.2004.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 399
  • is_10610478.jpg
    is_10610478.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 402
  • is_10610482.jpg
    is_10610482.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 389
  • is_10610483.jpg
    is_10610483.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 410
  • is_10610484.jpg
    is_10610484.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 393
  • is_10610485.jpg
    is_10610485.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 385
  • is_10610486.jpg
    is_10610486.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 399
  • is_10610497.jpg
    is_10610497.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 389
I have always been a bit puzzled about QEII. I like her yet she has been so immersed in protocol it's hard for her to be spontaneous. I hear warm stories about her sense of humor yet a story Charles provided the world with sticks with me: "My mother made time for me at the end of her day. She would come and watch the nanny give me my bath and talk to me. One time she helped dry me off....." Good grief. Does HE like his mum????? Makes her seem so staid and unaffectionate!
tipper said:
Charles said stuff only him can know... like his mum's coldness to him ,when she shook his hand after a long time she had spent abroad, not even a kiss, why should he bash his own mum, if that was not true ? In fact, he found a mother in Camilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom