Queen Noor: Picture Thread 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maryshawn said:
Interesting......so she does have some unstated irritation on subject.......The biggest snub is to totally ignore someone, isn't it? Which she seems to have done by not even mentioning KA. Do you have complete post/message or link to it? Just curious 'tho you have the gist, I'm sure. Thanks!
it was a written statement,so where's the whole thing,I'd love to read it...

schmetterling said:
Dear Carla, This is Soraya remember me?

Ok to settle this actress cousin issue let me give you the scoop:

The actress is called Sherine (pronounced Shireen) Seif El Nasr. She is not related to Noor but to Prince Ali and Princess Haya. She is actually their second cousin. Her aunt (mother's sister) is a Touqan and is the mother of Queen Alia , King Hussein's first wife, mother of Ali and Haya. She actually resembles Haya to some extent.

I don't think she is close to them anymore, because of some embaressing crazy things that she is alleged to have done. She is actually used by some press and gossiper to embaress Prince Ali , Haya and the Touqan family. I'll post a pic of her soon.

Where did you guys hear that Sherine is Queen Noor's relative?? They must have mistaken Noor for Alia.

Cheers ,

Soraya

Soraya, finally !!!!!!!!!!!!! How are u doing ??????? I've been thinking of u for years, u know why.... I read on the Net, it sounded odd to me, after all QN's grandfather left to US about 115 years ago..... Sherine, I remember her name, so her aunt is Ali and Hayah's grandmum.... but I know her, I mean we had her pic, she was strolling in Rome with Hayah, I heard she's living in Rome, where she had been for many years when her hubby was alive, and her son, QA's brother also lives there- well, do u think Hayah and Ali are embarassed by Sherine ? Email me ! -love- C. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

maryshawn said:
Interesting photos.....and question. I noticed she was not wearing her blue evil eye bracelet she often wore (will try and post) for several years. This pendant is a new thing I think.

She is clearly fascinated by evil eye jewelry though.

I would like to know why she does not wear her wedding rings anymore. She always wears a ring on her pinky finger but that's it. Have long wondered about significance of that ring.

Anyone have answers?

Thank you.

I know why- she put her wed ring to KH's finger , soon after his death- odd, we have the very same tradition in my country, at least in the South of it.

schmetterling said:
Dear Carla, This is Soraya remember me?

Ok to settle this actress cousin issue let me give you the scoop:

The actress is called Sherine (pronounced Shireen) Seif El Nasr. She is not related to Noor but to Prince Ali and Princess Haya. She is actually their second cousin. Her aunt (mother's sister) is a Touqan and is the mother of Queen Alia , King Hussein's first wife, mother of Ali and Haya. She actually resembles Haya to some extent.

I don't think she is close to them anymore, because of some embaressing crazy things that she is alleged to have done. She is actually used by some press and gossiper to embaress Prince Ali , Haya and the Touqan family. I'll post a pic of her soon.

Where did you guys hear that Sherine is Queen Noor's relative?? They must have mistaken Noor for Alia.

Cheers ,

Soraya
The Actress related to p Ali and Haya and their cousin is not shireen saif alnasr this is a mitake i think, i heard she is (Gihan Abd alazim) and she is syrian.

Safaa Batin said:
The Actress related to p Ali and Haya and their cousin is not shireen saif alnasr this is a mitake i think, i heard she is (Gihan Abd alazim) and she is syrian.
Yes it is shireen saif al-nasar that is related to p ali and haya. I once watched an interview with her and she said that her mum is QA aunt (as in shrieen's mum is the sister of QA mum) so she's thier mum's cousin.

shy said:
Yes it is shireen saif al-nasar that is related to p ali and haya. I once watched an interview with her and she said that her mum is QA aunt (as in shrieen's mum is the sister of QA mum) so she's thier mum's cousin.
hehehe i also heard from people who said that they saw an interview with Jihan Abdalazim and that she said the same thing:confused: , hahaha it seems that these acresses race to say that they are related to royals:D .

we have three claims:

- some say shireen relate to noor
- some say shireen relate to Haya
- some say Jihan relate to Haya

Safaa Batin said:
Gihan Abd el 3azeem?/ Ewwww!!!! I've always hated this actress,plz God let it not be her,lol

shy said:
AH,thank God it's not Jiihan,lol

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
Gihan Abd el 3azeem?/ Ewwww!!!! I've always hated this actress,plz God let it not be her,lol
do you have any pics of her? what does she look like?

Noor Arabic Dress/NHF Store: Where Is It?

I'm not sure if this is proper forum but as it relates to Noor, will start here. The moderator is free to move as he or she deems fit.

When KH died, Noor wore a long black dress with white shirt underneath. It looked like a jumper in American terms. What is it called? And her other clothes....what are proper arabic terms for the veil, the dress-up gowns,.....kaftan describes them but abaya? What is that? I'm trying to use proper terminology and understand when postings read QR never wears ___________, an arabic dress.

Can someone help id these terms and are there good websites for them? Also, at one point, Noor announced QNF would open a shop in keeping with her wish to better status of Jordanian women. It would feature clothes and other handicrafts made by Jordanian women. Does it exist? If so, where? I saw a jacket worn by one of her friends on the video "Queen Noor: Between Two Realms" and it was "a product of the Noor al Hussein" foundation, according to the friend wearing it. It was exquisite, to put it mildly. I would love to purchase some items--for selfish reasons as they are gorgeous but also because the purchases help women in Jordan.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Mary Shawn

LONG BEACH, CA - DECEMBER 7: Queen Noor listens during the California Governor's Conference on Women and Families at the Long Beach Convention Center December 7, 2004 in Long Beach, California.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 339
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 299
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 462
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 438
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 317
Lyonnaise said:
LONG BEACH, CA - DECEMBER 7: Queen Noor listens during the California Governor's Conference on Women and Families at the Long Beach Convention Center December 7, 2004 in Long Beach, California.
It's good to see Q. Noor out and about and smiling. If didn't know any better, I would think Maria Shriver is about to ring Q. Noor's neck in that photo where Maria is grimacing.

Can any1 tell me who's all those ppl in the last pic ? I recognize QZ, QN, KH, some of KH's kids, but not every1- finally, I managed to upload the 1983 Xmas pic, taken in Vienna.;)

Attachments

• 1983XmasVienna.jpg
    1983XmasVienna.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,001
  • 13956089july_20__94__ham__hash__noor_and_kh.jpg
    13956089july_20__94__ham__hash__noor_and_kh.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 962
  • abdullah.jpg
    abdullah.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 3,296
  • b7c170e4pan_-arab_games_1999.jpg
    b7c170e4pan_-arab_games_1999.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 494
  • 1982QNandhersons.jpg
    1982QNandhersons.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 481
  • 1989.jpg
    1989.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2,001
some more pix- :D

Attachments

• 0000212723-011.jpg
    0000212723-011.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 364
  • Hamzah++at+14.jpg
    Hamzah++at+14.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 970
  • Ali1984.jpg
    Ali1984.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 495
  • 2868I copy.jpg
    2868I copy.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 445
  • 2_2.jpg
    2_2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 419
  • __hr_1919I(2).jpg
    __hr_1919I(2).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 717
Do the Arab people celebrate X-mas? I thought that they have no X-mas.

Arabs are many religions. Those that are Christian celebrate Christmas; those that are Jewish celebrate chanukah, and those that are Muslim celebrate their holidays.

Lyonnaise said:
Beautiful pictures!
Btw..I bet Maria Shriver's breaking quite a few protocols by choking a Queen to death:D

Noor's home in Jordan

Sorry for delay in responding. Why? I don't know. Perhaps Hamzah has a different home now......I have heard so many different things--she's staying at Ba'ab al Salaam, not staying,.....I don't honestly know which is correct, if Ali has home now or what. I don't even know how much time she spends in Jordan now. Rather sad as she always referred to it as "my only home."

suria said:
why dose she want to give Ali her home why not Hamzah or Hashm dose she realy like Ali she dont minsion him as he is her son now she is giving him her house

Who is in the photos?

Lovely photos. The last is of entire family at Queen Zein's for a get-together. Noor is discernable w kids in some. I didn't know Christmas was celebrated either in Arabic culture....or perhaps they happened to be visiting a place where it was being celebrated--hence, the background.

Thanks for sharing!

tipper said:
Can any1 tell me who's all those ppl in the last pic ? I recognize QZ, QN, KH, some of KH's kids, but not every1- finally, I managed to upload the 1983 Xmas pic, taken in Vienna.;)

Noor's Ring

Well now that makes sense! Thank you Tipper!

tipper said:
I know why- she put her wed ring to KH's finger , soon after his death- odd, we have the very same tradition in my country, at least in the South of it.

maryshawn said:
Lovely photos. The last is of entire family at Queen Zein's for a get-together. Noor is discernable w kids in some. I didn't know Christmas was celebrated either in Arabic culture....or perhaps they happened to be visiting a place where it was being celebrated--hence, the background.

Thanks for sharing!
Mary, look at the" King holds reception" pic- who's getting married ? Is it Iman or Raiyah next to Aisha ?

More pictures from the women's conference
I love the navy blue on her!

Attachments

• 1a copy.jpg
    1a copy.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 464
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,482
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,615
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,746
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,604
  • 2copy.jpg
    2copy.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,423
  • 3 copy.jpg
    3 copy.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,362
tipper said:
some more pix- :D
Thanks for the pics hun,they are amazing.
My aunts house and smtimes us here at home celebrate x-mas,It smthing fun to do..A tree and all...plus hat here in Irbid and I think in Amman as well, u can see Santa clauses everywhere it's smthing nice to see ...I love x-mas,when I was a 12 years old,my family thru me a surprize b-day party and got santa clause for me,everyone was shocked cuz we celebrated x-mas though we are muslims,i dun see anything wrong with a tree and a few gifts :p

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Beautiful pictures!
Btw..I bet Maria Shriver's breaking quite a few protocols by choking a Queen to death:D
I thought so too,lol

I found this old picture of QN during P. Alexia of Greece wedding. She was very happy :)

Attachments

• 0000356420-025.jpg
    0000356420-025.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 2,656
Queen Noor

It's nice to see that Her Majesty seems to be not affected by the decision taen by the King of Jordan to dismiss her son as a Crown Prince. Queen Noor is doing an important job and the only sad thing is that she spends more time out than inside of the country that converted her in a Queen.

Sol

sol_anglada said:
It's nice to see that Her Majesty seems to be not affected by the decision taen by the King of Jordan to dismiss her son as a Crown Prince. Queen Noor is doing an important job and the only sad thing is that she spends more time out than inside of the country that converted her in a Queen.

Sol
I agree with you, but I beleive QN prefers to be outside of Jordan to do her activities than to be in Jordan without doing anything. You know it's KA and QR who decide "who should do what", specialy social work. KA and QR work hard to show to people that it's them who think of jordanian people and not QN or someone else. So I guess it's not in the hands of QN if she doesn't spend more time in Jordan.

What is name of other piece she wears? Hands of Allah?

She also is wearing a gift, reportedly from one of her stepchildren, and it is called "Hands of Allah" or something like that. "Allah" was definitely in the name of the piece. Does anyone know what it is?

maryshawn said:
Interesting photos.....and question. I noticed she was not wearing her blue evil eye bracelet she often wore (will try and post) for several years. This pendant is a new thing I think.

She is clearly fascinated by evil eye jewelry though.

I would like to know why she does not wear her wedding rings anymore. She always wears a ring on her pinky finger but that's it. Have long wondered about significance of that ring.

Anyone have answers?

Thank you.

Iman or Raiyah

It looks a lot like Iman but those girls are growing up so fast.....and I've not seen a lot of them recently but my guess is Iman. Wish I could be more precise......She's very close to KA......I think she thinks of him as a father type so her being there would make sense......
tipper said:
Mary, look at the" King holds reception" pic- who's getting married ? Is it Iman or Raiyah next to Aisha ?

maryshawn said:
It looks a lot like Iman but those girls are growing up so fast.....and I've not seen a lot of them recently but my guess is Iman. Wish I could be more precise......She's very close to KA......I think she thinks of him as a father type so her being there would make sense......
Actually, its Raiyah.
And its the wedding reception of Farah Daghistani

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2,383
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom