The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
QEII was not a bad mother by any means. But remember QEII and QN's roles are completely different. QN was the consort of a sovereign; QEII is the sovereign. Big difference. I wish people would stop bashing QEII. She and P. Philip tried their best given their circumstances .
I couldn't agree with you more. When you think that QEII was only 25 when she became Queen, not only of Britain but what then was a wide spread Empire, a young wife and a young mother, with so many expectations of her. All things considered, she has done her very best. I hope most of us can say the same when we look back at our careers. It has been a long life of mainly duty and not that much fun. I know there are people who will think that having plenty of money makes up for everything, but does it really compnesate for the loss of privacy, loss of spontanetity and those darned red boxes that follow her everywhere ! :(

Old 01-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
:(
Mary, I think only u and me still like QN here, in the Forum, don't know why every1 is against her and poor Hamzah-
i like her. i think she had a very difficult job and incredible jerk of a husband and did much better than many of us could've ever imagined.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
On the contrary, Queen Elizabeth II nursed all four of her children. This has been confirmed by royal biographers, former royal staff, etc. QEII was not a bad mother by any means. But remember QEII and QN's roles are completely different. QN was the consort of a sovereign; QEII is the sovereign. Big difference. I wish people would stop bashing QEII. She and P. Philip tried their best given their circumstances - I think Charles is an ungrateful son.
Charles said stuff only him can know... like his mum's coldness to him ,when she shook his hand after a long time she had spent abroad, not even a kiss, why should he bash his own mum, if that was not true ? In fact, he found a mother in Camilla.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:33 AM
Serene Highness

She tried. She read children's books with the kids in arabic to assist her learning and engaged a tutor. Her first speeches, she admits, were done phonetically. She said it is such a wonderful but challenging language and never expected to be as fluent as Jordanians BUT she was adamant her children learned to speak Arabic fluently. This won her high praise from the Jordanians, I've heard; Muna was not as concerned about it and, while I've never heard or could judge KA's arabic, I do know his wife has been said to speak it far better....wonder what is the deal with the accent.....
Quote:
Can QN speak Arabic, I have many tapes in which she speaks English, I heard she can only understand a bit of Arabic, I wonder, she talks to her kids in English, but in which language do the siblings speak to each other ? Do Ali and Hayah talk English or Arabic, what about Alia, KA, Feisal to each other or to QN's kids ? Did they talk Arabic to their father or English ? I think QR's accent is terrible, not British nor American, she's fluent in the language, but her accent ...OMG !
Old 01-13-2005, 02:41 AM
Serene Highness

I remember seeing her here on TV at the time and she presented a very rational, understandable case for KH's side and for that of the Palestinians.

Have also noticed when Larry King interviews her and tries to bring up terrorism, she jumps in and is fiercely protective of the palestinian people. He backs down. It's kind of comical to watch as she definitely puts him in his place by reminding him of all the good palestinians do, their problems---and she said to him quite crisply when he brought up something a person of palestinian descent had done: "I think, Sir, we all realize there are people of all descents who do things......and that the terrorists have more in common with one another--from all sides--than the rest of us, who want peace. And peace will only come when all sides arrive at a solution all can live with." She was not smiling. So, even though she spends less time in Jordan, she is still a very strong voice for the arabic people--and seems to have a real fondness and empathy particularly for those of palestinian origins. I respect her for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol_anglada
I remember that during the Gulf war Her Majesty was constantly helping rfugees and visiting their poor places and she tried to build a bridge between West and East countries.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

pics of Queen Noor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Noord.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	79846  
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2005, 06:44 AM
Aristocracy

Is it possible that KA for any reason can take out the title of Queen Noor, so like she is not anylonger Queen Noor only the X wife of late KH?? is it possible, is he allwed to do so...?
Old 01-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina12
Is it possible that KA for any reason can take out the title of Queen Noor, so like she is not anylonger Queen Noor only the X wife of late KH?? is it possible, is he allwed to do so...?
I believe he can do anything at all, he would have already done it, but with what kind of excuses, what could he say, same craps he said when he stripped Hamzah of his title ? he could tell media he's keen on helping QN to go on with her own life, and she could do better with no title at all, !!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p
Old 01-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

old pics: December 9th, 2004from Isifa
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7.12.2004.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	80092   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_10610478.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	80093   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_10610482.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	80094   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_10610483.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	80095  

Name:	is_10610484.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	80096   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_10610485.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	80097   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_10610486.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	80098   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_10610497.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	80099  

Old 01-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Serene Highness

I have always been a bit puzzled about QEII. I like her yet she has been so immersed in protocol it's hard for her to be spontaneous. I hear warm stories about her sense of humor yet a story Charles provided the world with sticks with me: "My mother made time for me at the end of her day. She would come and watch the nanny give me my bath and talk to me. One time she helped dry me off....." Good grief. Does HE like his mum????? Makes her seem so staid and unaffectionate!
Quote:
Charles said stuff only him can know... like his mum's coldness to him ,when she shook his hand after a long time she had spent abroad, not even a kiss, why should he bash his own mum, if that was not true ? In fact, he found a mother in Camilla.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Serene Highness

Ah, but KA cannot take away a gift given by another King, his father. Queen Noor is her name, given to her by her husband in a ceremony of sorts.....just as he named his children. And precedent has been established for having 2 queens in Jordan. Queen Zein was there for all 4 of KH's wives, including QA and QN. As much as QR is charming US politicians and other dignitaries, stripping QN of her title would be seen as petty and the work of a man who should be focusing on bigger things than his father's widow's title! Besides, she's US born with many political connections; why make an already tense family situation worse and run the risk of really irritating Americans who look to her for the scoop on Jordan's policies (remember the Gulf War?). Besides, perception is everything: He saw the ire of the British people when Diana lost her title.......I don't think he wants to go down in history as the pettiest King ever. I think he and QR have enough on their plates and should just leave QN alone or, better yet, use her as an asset. If he wants to push QR off the papers and QN into the headlines, stripping her of her title would be the way to go and I don't think he wants that. Such an idea just infuriates me! If nothing else, he should be a bit grateful she nursed his father for so many years--never leaving him alone. That should be enough for him to leave her be and accord her a modicum of respectful treatment!
Old 01-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I have always been a bit puzzled about QEII. I like her yet she has been so immersed in protocol it's hard for her to be spontaneous. I hear warm stories about her sense of humor yet a story Charles provided the world with sticks with me: "My mother made time for me at the end of her day. She would come and watch the nanny give me my bath and talk to me. One time she helped dry me off....." Good grief. Does HE like his mum????? Makes her seem so staid and unaffectionate!
At least she made time for him. People forget that QEII was already a head of state when Charles was a child. Charles has never had the schedule or the duties that HM has had. Charles has no excuse for his own failings as a parent - he had all the time in the world to be a parent. QEII did her best - you don't hear her other children whining about their mother. Charles is getting payback now through P. Harry.

Let's get back on topic with QN.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
Ah, but KA cannot take away a gift given by another King, his father. Queen Noor is her name, given to her by her husband in a ceremony of sorts.....just as he named his children. And precedent has been established for having 2 queens in Jordan. Queen Zein was there for all 4 of KH's wives, including QA and QN. As much as QR is charming US politicians and other dignitaries, stripping QN of her title would be seen as petty and the work of a man who should be focusing on bigger things than his father's widow's title! Besides, she's US born with many political connections; why make an already tense family situation worse and run the risk of really irritating Americans who look to her for the scoop on Jordan's policies (remember the Gulf War?). Besides, perception is everything: He saw the ire of the British people when Diana lost her title.......I don't think he wants to go down in history as the pettiest King ever. I think he and QR have enough on their plates and should just leave QN alone or, better yet, use her as an asset. If he wants to push QR off the papers and QN into the headlines, stripping her of her title would be the way to go and I don't think he wants that. Such an idea just infuriates me! If nothing else, he should be a bit grateful she nursed his father for so many years--never leaving him alone. That should be enough for him to leave her be and accord her a modicum of respectful treatment!
Has KA shown respect for his late father when he stripped Hamzah of his title ,last November ? WAs he afraid to show how mean he is when he did it , no, he was not, he seems to think he owns the country, and he's an absolute monarch, just like King Louis IV of France was..... I'm sure he feels he can do anything at all and get away with it, btw, no1 in US protested about Hamzah being stripped of his title, so no1 would if he did the same to QN-
Old 01-16-2005, 02:18 AM
Serene Highness

AHHH but her contacts do help provide monies for charitable work and He knows she is a bridge to America and american tourists......who are fascinated by her and perhaps more interested in the country which once had an American-born Queen--certainly having Grace in Monaco drew in the american tourists there--HAS an American-born Queen. Also, many of the politicians he and QR court know QN well and respect her. Put it this way--the US wouldn't cut off aid but it would be regarded with great distaste by many who retain great affection here for KH and his widow. She is an american made good--the only Queen we've had. And, my goodness, she continues to work hard for worthy causes throughout the world......plus, she has a rolodex even KA might envy as she was raised with the rich and powerful here and continues to be a fantastic networker--just look at the Board of Directors of the NHF and KHF--it's a who's who of the world's movers and shakers. Sure, he could try.....but it sure would be an ill-advised move.
Quote:
Has KA shown respect for his late father when he stripped Hamzah of his title ,last November ? WAs he afraid to show how mean he is when he did it , no, he was not, he seems to think he owns the country, and he's an absolute monarch, just like King Louis IV of France was..... I'm sure he feels he can do anything at all and get away with it, btw, no1 in US protested about Hamzah being stripped of his title, so no1 would if he did the same to QN-
Old 01-16-2005, 02:35 AM
Serene Highness

Just responding to the issue when it came up.....if you'd like I can tie it into the QN discussion. She and KH had close ties to QEII--and even had a home on property owned by the Queen, tho' I'm not sure the JRF still can call it their own. I think it would be difficult to be a serious royal and balance official duties with childraising. Most seem to try to find some sort of balance but it has to be tough. QN and KH freely admitted they often left the mundane stuff to the nannies while they attended to official duties but tried to find things like reading bedtime stories or spending Fridays at Aqaba playing to make up for it. QN said it was her choice to put her husband/country before her children but did express doubt if that decision "best served my children....I guess only time will tell." I found it interesting to read the housekeeper's account of how much time the King and Queen spent alone. They went upto their room by 7 PM or so and stayed there--alone, w/o kids--talking, watching videos, unwinding, etc. My daughter would never let me get away with that. In fact, from 5 PM until bedtime is her time with me. I don't closet myself away from her. In fact, that's why I am writing at 12:30 AM; its the only time I have for myself. I have to admit, as much as I admire QN, that was not something I thought much of. I know its important to spend time as a couple but they had 7 youngsters and could've included them for an hour or so at night. A bedtime story is nice.....but children require more time with parents. My opinion.
Quote:
At least she made time for him. People forget that QEII was already a head of state when Charles was a child. Charles has never had the schedule or the duties that HM has had. Charles has no excuse for his own failings as a parent - he had all the time in the world to be a parent. QEII did her best - you don't hear her other children whining about their mother. Charles is getting payback now through P. Harry.

Let's get back on topic with QN.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Serene Highness

As sovereign, yes, he can do anything he likes--sometimes, when I think about the Hamzah situation, I wonder if KA read the new book, "What Would Machiavelli Do." He demoted Hamzah, could strip QN of her title.....could even tell QR to leave the country and keep the kids.....BUT is he politically savvy? The Hamzah situation is one thing, stripping a queen of her title is another....and KA and QR did have one rocky patch in their marriage already. I don't know if I would want to rely on him for MY future. In a way, it kind of makes me feel empathetic for BOTH QN and QR. Dictators are no fun--particularly if they start to believe their own publicity. I spoke of the precedent of having 2 queens; there are other precedents--like not allowing your wife back into the country--Dina could attest to that.
Quote:
I believe he can do anything at all, he would have already done it, but with what kind of excuses, what could he say, same craps he said when he stripped Hamzah of his title ? he could tell media he's keen on helping QN to go on with her own life, and she could do better with no title at all, !!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p
Old 01-16-2005, 02:52 AM
Royal Highness

Gosh it would be something if KA did away with QR or took on another wife. But I don't wish that on anyone. But I kind of would not be surprised if he fell in love w/ another woman and wanted her over Rania
Old 01-16-2005, 03:17 AM
Serene Highness

The downside of marrying a sovereign. They can do anything the like and keep the kids, too. I don't know much about Dina but I felt for her being kept away from her little daughter for so long. So there is a price to be paid for all the elements which look so enticing--the gowns, jewels, planes, jet-setting,......--it would be too high a price for me to pay.

There is an old Spanish proverb: Take what you want from life, then pay. So it would seem if you link your life to that of a supreme ruler.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

from cover: King Hussein and Queen Noor visit Spain
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CACXG723.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	80467   Click image for larger version

Name:	CABGNCUW.jpg