Queen Noor: Picture Thread 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but KA cannot take away a gift given by another King, his father. Queen Noor is her name, given to her by her husband in a ceremony of sorts.....just as he named his children. And precedent has been established for having 2 queens in Jordan. Queen Zein was there for all 4 of KH's wives, including QA and QN. As much as QR is charming US politicians and other dignitaries, stripping QN of her title would be seen as petty and the work of a man who should be focusing on bigger things than his father's widow's title! Besides, she's US born with many political connections; why make an already tense family situation worse and run the risk of really irritating Americans who look to her for the scoop on Jordan's policies (remember the Gulf War?). Besides, perception is everything: He saw the ire of the British people when Diana lost her title.......I don't think he wants to go down in history as the pettiest King ever. I think he and QR have enough on their plates and should just leave QN alone or, better yet, use her as an asset. If he wants to push QR off the papers and QN into the headlines, stripping her of her title would be the way to go and I don't think he wants that. Such an idea just infuriates me! If nothing else, he should be a bit grateful she nursed his father for so many years--never leaving him alone. That should be enough for him to leave her be and accord her a modicum of respectful treatment!

maryshawn said:
I have always been a bit puzzled about QEII. I like her yet she has been so immersed in protocol it's hard for her to be spontaneous. I hear warm stories about her sense of humor yet a story Charles provided the world with sticks with me: "My mother made time for me at the end of her day. She would come and watch the nanny give me my bath and talk to me. One time she helped dry me off....." Good grief. Does HE like his mum????? Makes her seem so staid and unaffectionate!
At least she made time for him. People forget that QEII was already a head of state when Charles was a child. Charles has never had the schedule or the duties that HM has had. Charles has no excuse for his own failings as a parent - he had all the time in the world to be a parent. QEII did her best - you don't hear her other children whining about their mother. Charles is getting payback now through P. Harry.

Let's get back on topic with QN.

maryshawn said:
Ah, but KA cannot take away a gift given by another King, his father. Queen Noor is her name, given to her by her husband in a ceremony of sorts.....just as he named his children. And precedent has been established for having 2 queens in Jordan. Queen Zein was there for all 4 of KH's wives, including QA and QN. As much as QR is charming US politicians and other dignitaries, stripping QN of her title would be seen as petty and the work of a man who should be focusing on bigger things than his father's widow's title! Besides, she's US born with many political connections; why make an already tense family situation worse and run the risk of really irritating Americans who look to her for the scoop on Jordan's policies (remember the Gulf War?). Besides, perception is everything: He saw the ire of the British people when Diana lost her title.......I don't think he wants to go down in history as the pettiest King ever. I think he and QR have enough on their plates and should just leave QN alone or, better yet, use her as an asset. If he wants to push QR off the papers and QN into the headlines, stripping her of her title would be the way to go and I don't think he wants that. Such an idea just infuriates me! If nothing else, he should be a bit grateful she nursed his father for so many years--never leaving him alone. That should be enough for him to leave her be and accord her a modicum of respectful treatment!
Has KA shown respect for his late father when he stripped Hamzah of his title ,last November ? WAs he afraid to show how mean he is when he did it , no, he was not, he seems to think he owns the country, and he's an absolute monarch, just like King Louis IV of France was..... I'm sure he feels he can do anything at all and get away with it, btw, no1 in US protested about Hamzah being stripped of his title, so no1 would if he did the same to QN-

AHHH but her contacts do help provide monies for charitable work and He knows she is a bridge to America and american tourists......who are fascinated by her and perhaps more interested in the country which once had an American-born Queen--certainly having Grace in Monaco drew in the american tourists there--HAS an American-born Queen. Also, many of the politicians he and QR court know QN well and respect her. Put it this way--the US wouldn't cut off aid but it would be regarded with great distaste by many who retain great affection here for KH and his widow. She is an american made good--the only Queen we've had. And, my goodness, she continues to work hard for worthy causes throughout the world......plus, she has a rolodex even KA might envy as she was raised with the rich and powerful here and continues to be a fantastic networker--just look at the Board of Directors of the NHF and KHF--it's a who's who of the world's movers and shakers. Sure, he could try.....but it sure would be an ill-advised move.
tipper said:
Has KA shown respect for his late father when he stripped Hamzah of his title ,last November ? WAs he afraid to show how mean he is when he did it , no, he was not, he seems to think he owns the country, and he's an absolute monarch, just like King Louis IV of France was..... I'm sure he feels he can do anything at all and get away with it, btw, no1 in US protested about Hamzah being stripped of his title, so no1 would if he did the same to QN-

Just responding to the issue when it came up.....if you'd like I can tie it into the QN discussion. She and KH had close ties to QEII--and even had a home on property owned by the Queen, tho' I'm not sure the JRF still can call it their own. I think it would be difficult to be a serious royal and balance official duties with childraising. Most seem to try to find some sort of balance but it has to be tough. QN and KH freely admitted they often left the mundane stuff to the nannies while they attended to official duties but tried to find things like reading bedtime stories or spending Fridays at Aqaba playing to make up for it. QN said it was her choice to put her husband/country before her children but did express doubt if that decision "best served my children....I guess only time will tell." I found it interesting to read the housekeeper's account of how much time the King and Queen spent alone. They went upto their room by 7 PM or so and stayed there--alone, w/o kids--talking, watching videos, unwinding, etc. My daughter would never let me get away with that. In fact, from 5 PM until bedtime is her time with me. I don't closet myself away from her. In fact, that's why I am writing at 12:30 AM; its the only time I have for myself. I have to admit, as much as I admire QN, that was not something I thought much of. I know its important to spend time as a couple but they had 7 youngsters and could've included them for an hour or so at night. A bedtime story is nice.....but children require more time with parents. My opinion.
kinneret5764 said:
At least she made time for him. People forget that QEII was already a head of state when Charles was a child. Charles has never had the schedule or the duties that HM has had. Charles has no excuse for his own failings as a parent - he had all the time in the world to be a parent. QEII did her best - you don't hear her other children whining about their mother. Charles is getting payback now through P. Harry.

Let's get back on topic with QN.

As sovereign, yes, he can do anything he likes--sometimes, when I think about the Hamzah situation, I wonder if KA read the new book, "What Would Machiavelli Do." He demoted Hamzah, could strip QN of her title.....could even tell QR to leave the country and keep the kids.....BUT is he politically savvy? The Hamzah situation is one thing, stripping a queen of her title is another....and KA and QR did have one rocky patch in their marriage already. I don't know if I would want to rely on him for MY future. In a way, it kind of makes me feel empathetic for BOTH QN and QR. Dictators are no fun--particularly if they start to believe their own publicity. I spoke of the precedent of having 2 queens; there are other precedents--like not allowing your wife back into the country--Dina could attest to that.
tipper said:
I believe he can do anything at all, he would have already done it, but with what kind of excuses, what could he say, same craps he said when he stripped Hamzah of his title ? he could tell media he's keen on helping QN to go on with her own life, and she could do better with no title at all, !!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p

Gosh it would be something if KA did away with QR or took on another wife. But I don't wish that on anyone. But I kind of would not be surprised if he fell in love w/ another woman and wanted her over Rania

The downside of marrying a sovereign. They can do anything the like and keep the kids, too. I don't know much about Dina but I felt for her being kept away from her little daughter for so long. So there is a price to be paid for all the elements which look so enticing--the gowns, jewels, planes, jet-setting,......--it would be too high a price for me to pay.

There is an old Spanish proverb: Take what you want from life, then pay. So it would seem if you link your life to that of a supreme ruler.

from cover: King Hussein and Queen Noor visit Spain

Attachments

• CACXG723.jpg
    CACXG723.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 411
  • CABGNCUW.jpg
    CABGNCUW.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 360
with King Juan Carlos

Attachments

• CA6VCNJ4.jpg
    CA6VCNJ4.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 283
holidays in Mallorca with Queen Sophia, Queeen Anne Marie of Greece.

Attachments

• CA182T2B.jpg
    CA182T2B.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 365
  • CA4L2V09.jpg
    CA4L2V09.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 354
  • CAYJC7D6.jpg
    CAYJC7D6.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 378
  • CAZ5T3U2.jpg
    CAZ5T3U2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 289
Queen Noor in her house in London: interview to Hola!

Attachments

• queennoor.jpg
    queennoor.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,027
  • queennoor (1).jpg
    queennoor (1).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 859
next pic of this interview

Attachments

• queennoor (2).jpg
    queennoor (2).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 471
Challenge--Anyone Have Photos of QN Wearing Glasses?

In her book, QN says she left KH at Mayo 3 times for lasik so she would no longer have to wear contacts or glasses. Friends of hers from school remember her as "a tall, sometimes gawky girl wearing huge thick glasses." I have seen many photos of QN, including during school days but have yet to see her wearing glasses of any sort. Has anyone seen her with them on? By the way, she still uses them, according to her book, as the lasik did not go well and her vision is still poor. I had radial keratatomy some years ago (precursor to lasik) and while my procedure went well so I don't have to wear lenses anymore (knock wood!) I was told in no uncertain terms IF the desired result was not achieved, I would never again be able to wear contacts so glasses would be only option. I assume lasik works same way. All that being said, any photos anywhere? Thanks! (she's so elegant, I'd like to see how she pulls it off as sometimes glasses can detract from one's image.....they certainly made me look bad but that was back in the days when mine were as thick as coke bottles.....).

Maybe she did a laser operation and she doesn't need any more thick glasses or lenses, even if she could uses now glasses,it would be only for reading!:) and they would not be too thick;)

maryshawn said:
AHHH but her contacts do help provide monies for charitable work and He knows she is a bridge to America and american tourists......who are fascinated by her and perhaps more interested in the country which once had an American-born Queen--certainly having Grace in Monaco drew in the american tourists there--HAS an American-born Queen. Also, many of the politicians he and QR court know QN well and respect her. Put it this way--the US wouldn't cut off aid but it would be regarded with great distaste by many who retain great affection here for KH and his widow. She is an american made good--the only Queen we've had. And, my goodness, she continues to work hard for worthy causes throughout the world......plus, she has a rolodex even KA might envy as she was raised with the rich and powerful here and continues to be a fantastic networker--just look at the Board of Directors of the NHF and KHF--it's a who's who of the world's movers and shakers. Sure, he could try.....but it sure would be an ill-advised move.
sure, but Hamzah is her eldest son, his blood is also American, he's not totally Arab, if u believe this is important, I do, - nevertheless no1 in US had the guts to tell KA that that move was really an ill- advided one ,to say the least ....

QN signing biography in Paris, March 2004 from cover.es. Lovely perls.

Attachments

• CAGVZVM4.jpg
    CAGVZVM4.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 214
  • CAMJAZAH.jpg
    CAMJAZAH.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 236
  • CAEGH8C6.jpg
    CAEGH8C6.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 229
  • CAA3AZUH.jpg
    CAA3AZUH.jpg