The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
Page Six reported that Qn and one of her daughters was skiing in Aspen this past week.
I don't think we'll be seeing QN in Jordan anytime soon...maybe for KA's funeral.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Well, if she says she has a close relationship with Abdullah, then I believe it's PA. I'm sure we can assume the step-children she was talking about were QA's children, but it could be other step-children as well. I think that after all those years, there was still some issues between QN and QA's kids. Probably never really came to terms with losing their mother, and then resenting that their father remarried so quickly to someone else. Who knows...one can only guess.
it could be Princess Alia, maybe they were close, all I know is that QN has always been close to Princess Basma, her sis -in-law. Btw, I read that Q Zein was not so fond of Queen Noor.....

Old 01-06-2005, 01:15 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Well, if she says she has a close relationship with Abdullah, then I believe it's PA. I'm sure we can assume the step-children she was talking about were QA's children, but it could be other step-children as well. I think that after all those years, there was still some issues between QN and QA's kids. Probably never really came to terms with losing their mother, and then resenting that their father remarried so quickly to someone else. Who knows...one can only guess.
I once looked Princess Dina and QN on TV, during Pan- Arab games, back in '99, they looked to be in very good terms.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
I once looked Princess Dina and QN on TV, during Pan- Arab games, back in '99, they looked to be in very good terms.
Everyone in the JRF looks to be on very good terms when seen on tv. They're not the type to let their family problems show in public. But, no one can stop the rumor mill right?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrose53083
Everyone in the JRF looks to be on very good terms when seen on tv. They're not the type to let their family problems show in public. But, no one can stop the rumor mill right?
well, after a few days I could watch QN and Muna, at the stadium, they had been left alone, every1 had gone out to congratulate with Jordan team, 1 could c they were totally estranged, embarassed, and not talking to each other or even looking at each other, I felt sad for Noor.....
Old 01-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Commoner

Anybody got pictures of her standing on the steps of the palace during King hussein's funeral, with other women of the royal family?
Old 01-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilygal
Anybody got pictures of her standing on the steps of the palace during King hussein's funeral, with other women of the royal family?
here's a few
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0000350769-005b.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	77302   Click image for larger version

Name:	50377557.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	77303   Click image for larger version

Name:	51062734.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	77304   Click image for larger version

Name:	51432060.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	77305  

Name:	JORDAN KING HUSSEIN LON105.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	77306   Click image for larger version

Name:	JORDAN ROYAL FUNERAL AMM176.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	77307  
Old 01-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Noor "Comes Into Her Own" (KH quote)

During the Gulf war, QN visited refugee camps--always dressed in a khaki skirt, boots and demin shirt--and literally rolled up her sleeves to ensure those in need received supplies and help until they could return home. She relied on her rolodex of famous friends, like Richard Branson of Virgin Atlantic Airlines, who shipped in tons of blankets, food and water w/in 24 hours notice. QN made sure it was distributed by personally being at the camps daily--often collapsing at home after a day which began at 5 AM and lasted till 11 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:18 AM
Serene Highness

Waving to refugees as QN starts her day during Gulf crisis. KH praised her efforts, while "mired in profound depression himself." He smoked cigarette after cigarette, blaming himself for not being able to intervene successfully. QN began a PR campaign when the US publicly threatened reducing aid to Jordan (which privately did not happen as the US did not want Jordan to become de-stablized so it was all PR for the public who didn't understand KH's support of Saddam Hussein). Nonetheless, QN's efforts of putting together small dinners of foreign reporters with the royal couple were effective. She was a clever Queen and a great asset for the country at that time.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Nobility

Old but nice picture of Q. Noor and P. Hashim, from AAP.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JORDAN FESTIVAL JERA102.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	77509  
Old 01-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Nobility

I remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
Waving to refugees as QN starts her day during Gulf crisis. KH praised her efforts, while "mired in profound depression himself." He smoked cigarette after cigarette, blaming himself for not being able to intervene successfully. QN began a PR campaign when the US publicly threatened reducing aid to Jordan (which privately did not happen as the US did not want Jordan to become de-stablized so it was all PR for the public who didn't understand KH's support of Saddam Hussein). Nonetheless, QN's efforts of putting together small dinners of foreign reporters with the royal couple were effective. She was a clever Queen and a great asset for the country at that time.
I remember that during the Gulf war Her Majesty was constantly helping rfugees and visiting their poor places and she tried to build a bridge between West and East countries.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Pics of queen noor in the 24th arab summit of children with the american actress Agelina jolie.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	noor+angelinajolie.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	77887   Click image for larger version

Name:	noor&angelina.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	77888  
Old 01-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

THe RF does not know what they lost. WHy do they have to shun her so much? W/o her many ppl would not even know about Jordan. This is truly sad the way she is treated.
P.S. I remember ass a little girl-maybe 7/8-I read a magazine with her and KH in it. They were visiting one of the bedouin places. From that time I have had been interested in her and what she did. But I guess the reason she is hunned b/c she is truly good and more popular. Therefor this is a threat to QR and KH and Muna
Old 01-11-2005, 01:41 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
THe RF does not know what they lost. WHy do they have to shun her so much? W/o her many ppl would not even know about Jordan. This is truly sad the way she is treated.
P.S. I remember ass a little girl-maybe 7/8-I read a magazine with her and KH in it. They were visiting one of the bedouin places. From that time I have had been interested in her and what she did. But I guess the reason she is hunned b/c she is truly good and more popular. Therefor this is a threat to QR and KH and Muna
Can QN speak Arabic, I have many tapes in which she speaks English, I heard she can only understand a bit of Arabic, I wonder, she talks to her kids in English, but in which language do the siblings speak to each other ? Do Ali and Hayah talk English or Arabic, what about Alia, KA, Feisal to each other or to QN's kids ? Did they talk Arabic to their father or English ? I think QR's accent is terrible, not British nor American, she's fluent in the language, but her accent ...OMG !
Old 01-12-2005, 02:38 AM
Serene Highness

Article on QN in ROYALTY MONTHLY

The first page of QN at special event dressed in a combination of western wear with arabic touches. Very classy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	QN.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	78427   Click image for larger version

Name:	QN1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	78428   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	78429   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn3.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	78430  

Name:	qn4.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	78431   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn5.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	78432   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn6.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	78433  
Old 01-12-2005, 02:50 AM
Serene Highness

This article is a very good mix of QN at glamorous occasions and working with the people. She is always appropriately dressed and yet very lovely. Excellent article!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

thanx for the pics maryshawn.
Although I do wish they'd come up with something a little more original than "The Desert Queen"
Thats what they called Rania when she was on an NBC special a few years ago!
There's quite a few queens in the Middle East. Im sure they cant all share the title.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...id=78427&stc=1 The first page of QN at special event dressed in a combination of western wear with arabic touches. Very classy.
:(
Mary, I think only u and me still like QN here, in the Forum, don't know why every1 is against her and poor Hamzah-
Old 01-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
This article is a very good mix of QN at glamorous occasions and working with the people. She is always appropriately dressed and yet very lovely. Excellent article!
:p
I was astonidhed to read she had nursed Hamzah ,maybe her other 3 kids as well, she's a very special woman, I bet Queen Elizabeth the Second does not even know what nursing a baby means.....
Old 01-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
:p
I was astonidhed to read she had nursed Hamzah ,maybe her other 3 kids as well, she's a very special woman, I bet Queen Elizabeth the Second does not even know what nursing a baby means.....
On the contrary, Queen Elizabeth II nursed all four of her children. This has been confirmed by royal biographers, former royal staff, etc. QEII was not a bad mother by any means. But remember QEII and QN's roles are completely different. QN was the consort of a sovereign; QEII is the sovereign. Big difference. I wish people would stop bashing QEII. She and P. Philip tried their best given their circumstances - I think Charles is an ungrateful son.