The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Serene Highness

Ali's Home?

Well, it would make sense as it was a lovely home; not particularly grand but very, very nice inside and out--and it was vacant.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Someone posted that Prince Ali and Princess Rym moved into the house that KA and QR previously lived in. Don't know how true that is though.

Old 12-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

By the way, I give QN a LOT of credit from going from a very shy girl/young woman into a dynamic public speaker. I read perhaps in this forum she is still not much of a "socializer" with people she doesn't know and tries to blend into the woodwork--giving her a reputation for being snobby--but I think she may retain some of that shy streak in 1-1 situations. I would hate it if every word I said, the way I ate or conducted myseld could end up in a gossip column!!!! Wouldn't you?

Old 12-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Serene Highness

Seeing Images

Hi! I can get into getty images by clicking on these links, then seeing access denied and clicking again and entering QN as topic but how do I get to these photos in particular? If you can provide any help, I'd appreciate it! Mary Shawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
Hi,

I've noticed that lately Queen Noor is wearing an "evil eye" medallion alot, with both evening and day wear.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/5...6129&b=afp&t=1
http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/5...6883&b=afp&t=1

http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/5...itorial_na&t=1
http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/5...orial_emea&t=1
She doesn't have to wear this because she has other beautiful jewellery options. Does anyone know why she is wearing this medallion alot lately, and its possibly siginificant meaning, giver, whatever?
Old 12-19-2004, 01:28 AM
Serene Highness

Smile Noor: Staff for Former King's Consort?

When KH was alive, a Washingtonian article listed a variety of staff: waiters, maids, housekeeper, masseure on call 24 hours/day, personal hairdresser for QN, 2 personal "dressers" for QN, several chefs so there would always be one available 24 hours a day, security (a given, I suppose), KH's own "dresser" or whatever they call the man who maintains a gentleman's wardrobe, chauffeurs, nannies, and a chief of staff to run what was essentially, in his description, a "small, elegant hotel." In recent interviews, QN is brewing her own cup of tea, 1 personal assistant helps her.....and that's all that is mentioned. I wonder how much she cut back on staff once KH died and what kind of help she has now. She does have an excellent personal assistant but she used to have a "staff" at her office. Just curious.......
I've GOT to quote some pieces from that article; it was so interesting and unlike photos, I can just type it! Yeah!!!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 01:31 AM
Serene Highness

Smile I'm Losing It.....Help Finding Threads....

I could've sworn there was a thread on Noor leading with photos of her with Larry King. Can't find it 'tho thought I saw it 2 days ago. Also, thought I saw her sporting some jewelry with a leather like tie......no luck there either. I DID find photos of her wearing her pendant under the Jewelry Forum. It is really lovely.

If anyone has any info, please let me know. Thanks....I love Noor but if I look at 1 more photo, I will lose it totally!!!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Nobility

Do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
When KH was alive, a Washingtonian article listed a variety of staff: waiters, maids, housekeeper, masseure on call 24 hours/day, personal hairdresser for QN, 2 personal "dressers" for QN, several chefs so there would always be one available 24 hours a day, security (a given, I suppose), KH's own "dresser" or whatever they call the man who maintains a gentleman's wardrobe, chauffeurs, nannies, and a chief of staff to run what was essentially, in his description, a "small, elegant hotel." In recent interviews, QN is brewing her own cup of tea, 1 personal assistant helps her.....and that's all that is mentioned. I wonder how much she cut back on staff once KH died and what kind of help she has now. She does have an excellent personal assistant but she used to have a "staff" at her office. Just curious.......
I've GOT to quote some pieces from that article; it was so interesting and unlike photos, I can just type it! Yeah!!!!!
o
It would be marvellous to share with all of us this articles and pictures!! Do it soon!!
Old 12-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Serene Highness

Unhappy

I did! It took a bit but it's posted now on the forum. Hope you enjoy it! Mary Shawn

Now for those darn photos......Monday. I am going to do it somehow Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol_anglada
o
It would be marvellous to share with all of us this articles and pictures!! Do it soon!!
Old 12-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Nobility

To Mary

Quote:
I did! It took a bit but it's posted now on the forum. Hope you enjoy it! Mary Shawn

Now for those darn photos......Monday. I am going to do it somehow Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mary,

In wich forum have you posted it? Thanks!!
Sol
Old 12-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

One More Article--Short on KH and QN

From article written in Sept. 85:

If you can bear it, a few more insights on life in Amman with KH and QN:

"Like Buckingham Palace, Basman Palace is in the heart of a capital city. But the palace in Amman is heavily guarded by soldiers in green fatigues toting submachine guns. In total contrast, a brightly painted playhouse sits at the back of the palace, along with 2 tricycles and a blue and gold Raleigh racer. With children around, even a palace cannot remain austere. In all, the King has 11 children. He and QN have 3 and there are 3 more from the King's previous marrriage. The King clearly dotes on his offspring. A Western diplomat who knows the family well says he has never seen a father lavish as much unrestrained affection on his children."

"The King and Queen are known for being accessible to the people, and this is confirmed by the location of the palace atop one of Amman's seven hills, with another hilltop just across the way littered with little flat-roofed houses. You can see people moving in and out of them, going about their daily lives. But an American friend of Noor's was struck by the couples' dangerous proximity to the masses: "They are so exposed, so vulnerable," she said after a visit."

"Noor left her job at the Royal Jordanian Airlines and traded in her briefcase for a tiara, which she wears only when circumstances require--"and you never see my husband wearing a crown," she notes. If she had a busy schedule before, it is now positively jammed. Yet she carries out her duties of often 12 hour days with true enthusiasm. At a graduation ceremony, I watched her as she shook 350 hands and said "Mabrouk" (congratulations). Never once did the warm smile fade from her face. This is a woman who drives herself relentlessly, and expects the same of her staff who think nothing of a 12 hour day."

"Like any wife of an older man with a high-pressure job, Noor looks after her spouse's health. Off-limits are most Arab delicacies, which are delicious but packed with animal fat. Noor encourages her husband in his skiing and other activities to distract him from his many pressures and tensions."

"Lately, however, there has been little time for recreation. Noor does Jane Fonda type aerobics in her bedroom with a girlfriend. The palace is too crowded for a workout area but the "lived in" feeling gives it an air of informality. The Queen was asked about rumors of a rift in the marriage. "Did she and the King sleep in separate quarters?" She chortled, then laughed at the very idea of "quarters." "We sleep in bedrooms," she says and the master bedroom where she does her aerobics also has an exercise bike for the King."

"When asked if she and the King had time for the two of them to just relax, the Queen looks wistful and says "We have breakfast together and dinner. Apart from that, no. Oh, on occasion, we'll take a car around town and just observe. Or sometimes we'll go outside town on the pretty country roads. We often talk about horses and the desert and taking the children there, if we had more time."

"A typical day begins with 'a great many phone calls then hours of meetings and events and ends with Noor reading bedtime stories "sitting in the middle of our bed surrounded by our six small children."
Old 12-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness

Some on this thread; some under "King and I." thread. I have more to post but need technical help of friend and with the holidays, it is hard to get his help......I wish I was more technically savvy!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol_anglada
Mary,

In wich forum have you posted it? Thanks!!
Sol
Old 12-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Nobility

Old/Recent pictures of QN.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QN-1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	71411   Click image for larger version

Name:	QN-2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	71412   Click image for larger version

Name:	QN-3.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	71413   Click image for larger version

Name:	QN-5.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	71415  

Click image for larger version

Name:	QN-6.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	71416   Click image for larger version

Name:	QN-7.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	71419   Click image for larger version

Name:	QN-8.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	71420   Click image for larger version

Name:	QN-9.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	71421  

Attached Images

Old 12-27-2004, 07:10 AM
Nobility

100 Most Powerful Women 2004

Forbes 2004 rank of 100 most powerful women, shows Queen Rania is ranked 13, and Queen Noor 83.

Queen Noor

Dowager Queen of Jordan

Few other queens have dedicated their lives to such an enormous array of humanitarian, education and environmental causes as the former Queen of Jordan. Her charity work spans landmine eradication and environmental conservation as well as women's and children's rights. The ever-gracious and elegant Queen Noor, 52, is also an active board member of the World Wildlife Fund International, United World Colleges and Seeds of Peace. The American-born Lisa Najeeb Halaby continues to be a vocal advocate for peace between Israel and the Arab world, as was her late husband, King Hussein.-D.B.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/results....resultsStart=1
Old 12-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Nobility

83?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
Forbes 2004 rank of 100 most powerful women, shows Queen Rania is ranked 13, and Queen Noor 83.

Queen Noor

Dowager Queen of Jordan

Few other queens have dedicated their lives to such an enormous array of humanitarian, education and environmental causes as the former Queen of Jordan. Her charity work spans landmine eradication and environmental conservation as well as women's and children's rights. The ever-gracious and elegant Queen Noor, 52, is also an active board member of the World Wildlife Fund International, United World Colleges and Seeds of Peace. The American-born Lisa Najeeb Halaby continues to be a vocal advocate for peace between Israel and the Arab world, as was her late husband, King Hussein.-D.B.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/results....resultsStart=1
I don't know if she deserves to be classified in this position, it doesn't matter, the important thing is that she continues her important work in charity, mines, women rights, children .... do it, Majesty!!
Old 12-29-2004, 06:09 AM
Nobility

QN with her children and members of JRF, from http://www.go.com.jo/QNoorjo/main/album.htm
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Aristocracy

she is a fantastic lady.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Noor: Who Was She Referring To?

In an article by Lesley Bennetts, Noor says "the only input I gave to my husband regarding succession was that I would fully support whomever He chose--regardless of how they felt about me."

We have had some interesting discussions on the succession and its latest twist. I have learned Prince Hassan and his wife, Sarvath, were not the monsters they have been portrayed to be. I have also learned--by Noor's own account--a number of her step-children are not particularly close and made her marriage a challenging one. She has said she has a close relationship with Abdullah......but one wonders who she was referring to in this comment.

Any ideas?
Old 12-31-2004, 02:11 AM
Commoner

I would assume she was referring to either KA or Prince Ali, since those were the two who were probably being considered besides Hamzah. I think by this point she realized that Prince Hassan will not be King, so I doubt she was referring to him.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
In an article by Lesley Bennetts, Noor says "the only input I gave to my husband regarding succession was that I would fully support whomever He chose--regardless of how they felt about me."

We have had some interesting discussions on the succession and its latest twist. I have learned Prince Hassan and his wife, Sarvath, were not the monsters they have been portrayed to be. I have also learned--by Noor's own account--a number of her step-children are not particularly close and made her marriage a challenging one. She has said she has a close relationship with Abdullah......but one wonders who she was referring to in this comment.

Any ideas?
Well, if she says she has a close relationship with Abdullah, then I believe it's PA. I'm sure we can assume the step-children she was talking about were QA's children, but it could be other step-children as well. I think that after all those years, there was still some issues between QN and QA's kids. Probably never really came to terms with losing their mother, and then resenting that their father remarried so quickly to someone else. Who knows...one can only guess.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Serene Highness

Page Six reported that Qn and one of her daughters was skiing in Aspen this past week.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Courtier

[QUOTE=sommone]Well, if she says she has a close relationship with Abdullah, then I believe it's PA. I'm sure we can assume the step-children she was talking about were QA's children, but it could be other step-children as well. I think that after all those years, there was still some issues between QN and QA's kids. Probably never really came to terms with losing their mother, and then resenting that their father remarried so quickly to someone else. Who knows...one can only guess.[/QUOTE
i dont think she have a good relationship with PA +pH I mean its so obvious how can PH not invite her to her wedding this is big i think PA is effected to by the idea that QN took their mother's place