Queen Noor: Picture Thread 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ï have heard that her mother has swedish roots
can someone tell me more about this

Last edited:
Her citizenship

Is she dual citizen ,American and Jordanian or American only?

Josefine said:
ï have heard that her mother has swedish roots
can someone tell me more about this
u'll find QN's ancestors on the Net, her mum's parents , or grandparents, can't remember, came from Sweden, she's Catholic- QN's mum' s ancestors also came from Scotland, England

tipper said:
Does any1 know about her cousin, Shereene Seif El- Sadr, an actress, how is she related to Noor, where does she live etc.
Who's Shireen SAif al Sadr? never heard of her,I know an actress called Shireen saif al-Nasr,but she's Egyptian and I never heard she was in any way related to QN.

I find this photo of Queen Noor, it´s a painting of Queen Noor make in 1986 of spanish painter. (sorry it´s small).

Attachments

• maca2.jpg
    maca2.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 857
The father for Qeen Noor is Syrian and her mother is swedish. Shreen Saif Al Naser is Egypation and with A syrian mother.

salma said:
I find this photo of Queen Noor, it´s a painting of Queen Noor make in 1986 of spanish painter. (sorry it´s small).

Other pic of this painting.

Attachments

• maca11.jpg
    maca11.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 806
Dina12 said:
The father for Qeen Noor is Syrian and her mother is swedish. Shreen Saif Al Naser is Egypation and with A syrian mother.
wow i never knew that,i also thought Queen Noor was originally lebanese,i think i read that in her book? anyway Shireen saif Al Nasr is soo beautiful!

nilah said:
Is she dual citizen ,American and Jordanian or American only?
She's Jordanian. She gave up her American citizenship when she got married.

Dina12 said:
Queen Noor's grandfather was born in Lebanon and left the Arab world as a child. Her grandmother was Irish. So on her father's side she is half Arab Christian half Irish. Her mother's family were from Sweden.

shelley said:
So on her father's side she is half Arab Christian half Irish.
why did you say Arab christian but not Irish christian ( or may be irish protestant or irish catholic).

shelley said:
Queen Noor's grandfather was born in Lebanon and left the Arab world as a child. Her grandmother was Irish. So on her father's side she is half Arab Christian half Irish. Her mother's family were from Sweden.
wow thank god,for a moment there i thought alll i knew was wrong cuz i was sure she was originally lebanese :)

Safaa Batin said:
why did you say Arab christian but not Irish christian ( or may be irish protestant or irish catholic).
Basically because you do not have much choice of religion in Ireland, just denomination. In the Arab world you can be Muslim or Christian or Jewish. So it is better to be clear. Ditto Sweden. And especially some eighty or so years ago when Queen Noor's father would have been born.

Dina12 said:
thanx, so this actress is maybe a very distant cousin.

shelley said:

Her granfather came from Halab, in Syria, he was half- Syrian and half- Lebanese, but he was born in Syria. Her grandmother was American born. This woman's ancestors came from Scotland and England.

Last edited:
the link

http://members.aol.com/eurostamm/halaby.html

Laura Wilkins, QN's grandmother, was born in Texas and all her ancestors were born in US,Minnesota, Tennessee etc. but 2, 1 was born in England and 1 in Scotland, no Irish ancestors, on the other side, from Syria, her grandfather and greatgrandfather, and from Sweden.

What a Lovely Portrait!

salma said:
Salma, wow, it's beautiful. Have never seen it before! Thanks for sharing!

Mary Shawn

The actress Sherine Seif El Nasr

Dear Carla, This is Soraya remember me?

Ok to settle this actress cousin issue let me give you the scoop:

The actress is called Sherine (pronounced Shireen) Seif El Nasr. She is not related to Noor but to Prince Ali and Princess Haya. She is actually their second cousin. Her aunt (mother's sister) is a Touqan and is the mother of Queen Alia , King Hussein's first wife, mother of Ali and Haya. She actually resembles Haya to some extent.

I don't think she is close to them anymore, because of some embaressing crazy things that she is alleged to have done. She is actually used by some press and gossiper to embaress Prince Ali , Haya and the Touqan family. I'll post a pic of her soon.

Where did you guys hear that Sherine is Queen Noor's relative?? They must have mistaken Noor for Alia.

Cheers ,

Soraya

Queen Noor's Fascination with Evil Eye Jewelry

ap3 said:

Interesting photos.....and question. I noticed she was not wearing her blue evil eye bracelet she often wore (will try and post) for several years. This pendant is a new thing I think.

She is clearly fascinated by evil eye jewelry though.

I would like to know why she does not wear her wedding rings anymore. She always wears a ring on her pinky finger but that's it. Have long wondered about significance of that ring.

Anyone have answers?

Thank you.

Queen Noor's first public statement on P. Hamzah's demotion:

5:59pm (UK)
Ousted Crown Prince Will Continue to Serve, Says Queen

"PA"

Jordan’s Queen Noor said today her son will continue to serve Jordan, despite King Abdullah’s decision to strip him of the crown as heir to the Hashemite throne.

Noor neither referred to Abdullah nor his decision – an unusual move in Jordan, where the absolute monarch is venerated by his family and subjects alike.

The absence of any mention of Abdullah in Noor’s written statement underlined her disappointment in the ousting of her son that she had hoped would rule Jordan.

Abdullah had chosen Prince Hamzah, now a 24-year-old American college student, as his heir hours after their father – King Hussein – died of cancer in February 1999. The designation was widely seen out of respect for Hussein, who is known to have favoured Hamzah among his 11 children from four marriages. The late king often described Hamzah publicly as the “delight of my eye”.

In a written statement, Noor said Hamzah “has always been a source of pride and joy for me, his family and his father King Hussein whose indomitable faith lives on in him.”

“God willing, he will continue to fulfil King Hussein’s wishes for him to serve Jordan,” added Noor, who is touring the United States. “My faith in him and in our beloved Jordan is constant and undiminished.”

On Sunday, Abdullah – who enjoys absolute powers which include dissolving parliament and ruling by decree – stripped his half brother and heir of his title as crown prince in an abrupt shake-up aimed at redeeming the full power the king inherited from Hussein.

The king said he wanted to relieve Hamzah of his duty and give him space to undertake more responsibilities in state affairs.

A day later, Hamzah told Abdullah he was conceding to “the command of my elder brother out of my loyalty, love and obedience.”

Hamzah is Hussein’s son from his fourth marriage, to New York-born Lisa Halaby, who became Queen Noor when she converted to Islam upon her marriage to Hussein in 1978.

Under the country’s constitution, the current heir is the king’s eldest son – Hussein, now age 10. The king may also bestow the crown upon his oldest brother, Faisal, 41.

s

Noor Responds

Interesting......so she does have some unstated irritation on subject.......The biggest snub is to totally ignore someone, isn't it? Which she seems to have done by not even mentioning KA. Do you have complete post/message or link to it? Just curious 'tho you have the gist, I'm sure. Thanks!
kinneret5764 said:

"PA"

Jordan’s Queen Noor said today her son will continue to serve Jordan, despite King Abdullah’s decision to strip him of the crown as heir to the Hashemite throne.

Noor neither referred to Abdullah nor his decision – an unusual move in Jordan, where the absolute monarch is venerated by his family and subjects alike.

The absence of any mention of Abdullah in Noor’s written statement underlined her disappointment in the ousting of her son that she had hoped would rule Jordan.

Abdullah had chosen Prince Hamzah, now a 24-year-old American college student, as his heir hours after their father – King Hussein – died of cancer in February 1999. The designation was widely seen out of respect for Hussein, who is known to have favoured Hamzah among his 11 children from four marriages. The late king often described Hamzah publicly as the “delight of my eye”.

In a written statement, Noor said Hamzah “has always been a source of pride and joy for me, his family and his father King Hussein whose indomitable faith lives on in him.”

“God willing, he will continue to fulfil King Hussein’s wishes for him to serve Jordan,” added Noor, who is touring the United States. “My faith in him and in our beloved Jordan is constant and undiminished.”

On Sunday, Abdullah – who enjoys absolute powers which include dissolving parliament and ruling by decree – stripped his half brother and heir of his title as crown prince in an abrupt shake-up aimed at redeeming the full power the king inherited from Hussein.

The king said he wanted to relieve Hamzah of his duty and give him space to undertake more responsibilities in state affairs.

A day later, Hamzah told Abdullah he was conceding to “the command of my elder brother out of my loyalty, love and obedience.”

Hamzah is Hussein’s son from his fourth marriage, to New York-born Lisa Halaby, who became Queen Noor when she converted to Islam upon her marriage to Hussein in 1978.

Under the country’s constitution, the current heir is the king’s eldest son – Hussein, now age 10. The king may also bestow the crown upon his oldest brother, Faisal, 41.

s

Where Noor Lives

nilah said:
Does anyone know where Noor lives in the States?
I believe McLean, VA outside of Washington in a rented house near Potomac........I'm tempted to say, having seen her in action, she lives on an airplane!!!!! Does she have access to private planes or does she now fly commercial instead? I think it would be latter but am curious.

Noor Photos

Bubbette said:
I dunno--she's looking a little haggard in those last photos.
She really does! Has she lost a lot of weight???? In so many photos on book tour she elected to wear a kaftan so hard to tell......

Noor wearing 2 evil eye bracelets

Queen Noor wearing 2 evil eye bracelets at event. Hard to see but perhaps you can enlarge.

maryshawn said:
Interesting photos.....and question. I noticed she was not wearing her blue evil eye bracelet she often wore (will try and post) for several years. This pendant is a new thing I think.

She is clearly fascinated by evil eye jewelry though.

I would like to know why she does not wear her wedding rings anymore. She always wears a ring on her pinky finger but that's it. Have long wondered about significance of that ring.

Anyone have answers?

Thank you.
maybe its a present from her children. i remenber she used to wear a necklace and she said that her boys gave it to her

kinneret5764 said:

"PA"

s
this is so intresting,at least she did say smthing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom