The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness

Photos

Dear Humera,

You did it again! Lovely! I have to say the gown worn by Noor at the 20th anniversary party is one of the loveliest of her many lovely clothes. It's ethereal and unforgetable. I'm glad others can see it too. Mary Shawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
20th wedding anniversary party in London

Old 11-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Serene Highness

Dear Humera, what is the official name of the scarf worn by Noor and others for official occasions or in mourning?

Thank you. You are a wonderful resource!

Mary Shawn

Old 11-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Aristocracy

thanks a lot for the photos humera!! u kick ass!!
i was wondering if you can tell me who those women are with QN in her 20th anniversary pics. its the last photo in the top row.

thanks for all the pics!!
Old 11-06-2004, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
Dear Humera, what is the official name of the scarf worn by Noor and others for official occasions or in mourning?

Thank you. You are a wonderful resource!

Mary Shawn
Im glad you liked the pictures:)
As for the scarf, I cant seem to remember what its called....perhaps one of our arabic members could help?
Old 11-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles
thanks a lot for the photos humera!! u kick ass!!
i was wondering if you can tell me who those women are with QN in her 20th anniversary pics. its the last photo in the top row.

thanks for all the pics!!
you're welcome!
I dont have the names of the ladies in that pic but I do know that they're some of Queen Noor's school/college friends.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

For those of you who might be interested in getting Queen Noor's bio on VHS, here's a link
http://www.biography.com/search/arti...rch=Queen+Noor

Dont look for anything new in that bio though, its quite old
Old 11-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Nobility

Thanks Humera

Dear Humera,
Many thanks fr this thread and pictures. I'm absolutly surprised to see how beutiful Her Majesty is, she is really a marvellous woman and in my opiniona great queen.
PD: I pologize for not writing you before but it has been impossible to me to have acces to any computer.
Thanks, Humera again.
Sol
Old 11-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

no problem
Im glad you like the pictures.
I'll be posting some more from another documentary:)
Old 11-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Pictures from a documentary called "Women of Influence" which aired on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) in July, 2002. The documentary covered four prominent Muslim women, Queen Rania, Queen Noor, Former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, and the widow of Egypt's President Sadaat.

I will be posting Queen Rania's pics in her picture thread later
The journalist who interviewed Queen Noor was French Canadian and I noticed that Noor greeted her in French, infact she spoke several sentences in French.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	55881   Click image for larger version

Name:	1b.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	55882   Click image for larger version

Name:	1c.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	55883   Click image for larger version

Name:	1d.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	55884  

Name:	1e.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	55885   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	55886   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	55887  
Old 11-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Nobility

Thanks Humera

Thanks Humera for having psted this marvellous pics of HM Queen Noor. She looks very simply, normal woman, I like them, I like her.

Sol
Old 11-19-2004, 12:25 AM
Serene Highness

Women of Influence video

Anyway of getting a copy of that tape? Sounds fascinating! And photos are ALL great. Thank you very much! Mary Shawn
Quote:
Pictures from a documentary called "Women of Influence" which aired on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) in July, 2002. The documentary covered four prominent Muslim women, Queen Rania, Queen Noor, Former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, and the widow of Egypt's President Sadaat.

I will be posting Queen Rania's pics in her picture thread later
The journalist who interviewed Queen Noor was French Canadian and I noticed that Noor greeted her in French, infact she spoke several sentences in French.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Serene Highness

Between Two Realms: Queen Noor A&E Bio

Quote:
20th wedding anniversary party in London
The bio "Between two realms" is available on amazon.com or barnes and noble. There is also a royal romance video of Hussein and Noor, taped years ago....it actually has very nice footage of Alia, his third wife and other family members too. You can also order videos of Noor from CNN's site and her appearances on Larry King's show.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:36 AM
Serene Highness

They are school chums

Quote:
you're welcome!
I dont have the names of the ladies in that pic but I do know that they're some of Queen Noor's school/college friends.
Humera is correct. Some of the ladies are friends like Marion Freedman.....others I recognized but can't remember names of but were shown w/names in the video 'Between Two Realms."
Old 11-19-2004, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Anyway of getting a copy of that tape? Sounds fascinating! And photos are ALL great. Thank you very much! Mary Shawn
No I dont think its on tape. It was a half-hour special on the nightly news. Those are the only pics I got of Noor. I have a lot more of Rania though. I just haven't had time to post them yet.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:43 AM
Serene Highness

Noor Video Purchase

You can buy through amazon.com still I believe.
Quote:
I taped it five years ago, in November 1999. I haven't seen any re-runs of it yet...but then I've been away at university so I haven't paid much attention. The biography was aired only months after King Hussein died and obviously doesn't seem very up-to-date when you watch it now. Im pretty sure A&E Biographies aren't available on the net. I think you can buy the videos though.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Noor: Articles, Interviews & Speeches

images from the QN interview with the Royal Jordanian Airline in Jan. 7, 1981 (taken, in part from "The Jordan Times."

Visiting children in orphanages in Jordan, presiding over conferences and meeting Jordanians....images from her new life.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	air3.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	77424   Click image for larger version

Name:	air4.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	77425   Click image for larger version

Name:	air5.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	77426   Click image for larger version

Name:	air6.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	77427  

Name:	air7.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	77430  
Old 01-12-2005, 01:21 AM
Serene Highness

At work and at play with King Hussein and a very young Raiyah.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mother.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	78426  
Old 01-12-2005, 01:47 AM
Serene Highness

Excerpts from article:

Even more remarkable is the lack of air conditioning at al Nadwa, a circumstance that takes visitors by surprise but bothers QN not at all. The upstairs had to enlarge after moving in and is strictly off limits to all but friends, family and staff. There are eight bedrooms, seven of them are in use by Their Majesties's seven children--Princesses Haya, Abir, Iman and Raiyah and Princes Hamzah, Hashim and Ali. The eighth bedroom is KH and QN's, making for a good bit of family togetherness.

"The children are not compartmentalized in another part of the house," comments Noor. "They are always about. That has been very important. I know that sometimes this hasn't been the case for families in our position but I am certainly determined we have as much of a family life as possible."

"Queen Noor approaches being a mother to all seven children with the zeal and energy and full participation she devotes to everything. She develops a weekly schedule with each child which includes lessons of all sorts depending on their interests--from karate to violin. Whenever she can, she replaces the nanny by being there with the children."

"She reads to all the children every night and brings several with her when she travels. During a quick trip to NY, she will bring Iman, Abir and Haya, for example, to stay with her sister. 'Our busy schedules mean we must try to find ways to fit them in creatively. Of course, it would be better if I was giving them all the attention but one does the best one can."

This supports her book, where she writes:

"As my sister, Abir and Haya were driving past Queen Alia's tomb, Abir turned to my sister and said 'will you be our mother when our new mommy dies?"

Later, she says:

"As my husband lay dying, I was particularly concerned for Haya, Ali and Abir, who had already lost a parent........"

So while she later received a lot of grief from the children when they became teens, she shows she tried hard and empathized....not just empathized via feelings but tried hard to ensure they always felt part of the family too. I think criticism of QN re: parenting has always been a bit harsh. KH isn't mentioned as being around planning things for them. They met, courted, married and then he "dumped her in the deep end....." re: work and family, allowing her to sort it all out for herself. Was this a marriage of convenience, too, so he could go about his life, content the children had a mother at home to manage things????? I wonder.

Sometimes, children who lose parents at young ages glorify them and NO ONE can live up to the standards. They are also resentful of those with both parents around. This anger can go on for a long time. QN states in her book she time and again thought about counseling for all during this time but couldn't risk confidential issues leaking out......for example, one of the children being overheard saying something which would be the next day's headline. This might have helped. For such blessed people, they also were limited when problems arose as there were so few to confide in for help.

I could go on but I wish people who criticize QN would stop and consider what she did, how she tried, the constraints and lack of support from KH. Few of us at 26 could've gone into a foreign country and assumed all the roles she had to assume as well as she did.....and no one is perfect.

Is it my imagination or is Princess Haya's anger growing? In the Roland Dallas book in 2000 she was quite complimentary re: Noor as a stepmom. But there are times when this young woman I used to admire so very much acts like a spoiled brat. For no other reason, that marriage was not such a good thing. She needed a joyful, stable person w/one wife to dote on.....my opinion!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:15 AM
Courtier

I think that QN must have known that it would be a difficult adjustment for everyone involved not just her. I mean Ali, Abir, and Haya were small children dealing with the loss of their mother, and while you would think that over time the anger would subside, and the children would become accepting of the situation, but that wasn't necessarily the case. I'm sure they did need some counseling, but couldn't seek it for fear their personal problems would be printed in the paper, and that is sad. Maybe some of their anger was directed towards KH for remarrying someone else, but instead probably projected onto Noor, which wouldn't have been fair. We don't know. Also, one needs to take in account that there is always two sides to a story. I had read that they lived with several other different relatives at one point...I'm wondering if this was doing the "teen" years or was it due to tensions as QN mentioned in the home.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Aristocracy

Red face

Quote:

So while she later received a lot of grief from the children when they became teens, she shows she tried hard and empathized....not just empathized via feelings but tried hard to ensure they always felt part of the family too. I think criticism of QN re: parenting has always been a bit harsh. KH isn't mentioned as being around planning things for them. They met, courted, married and then he "dumped her in the deep end....." re: work and family, allowing her to sort it all out for herself. Was this a marriage of convenience, too, so he could go about his life, content the children had a mother at home to manage things????? I wonder.

Sometimes, children who lose parents at young ages glorify them and NO ONE can live up to the standards. They are also resentful of those with both parents around. This anger can go on for a long time. QN states in her book she time and again thought about counseling for all during this time but couldn't risk confidential issues leaking out......for example, one of the children being overheard saying something which would be the next day's headline. This might have helped. For such blessed people, they also were limited when problems arose as there were so few to confide in for help.
well said, Mary, I think the problem started when Hamzah was born, as Ali could not compare QN to his own mum, as he did not even remember her..... I think he got jealous, being the youngest of all had made him so close to QN- I also think it was wrong to send Hayah and Ali to college so early in their time, I have pix of QN, KH and their 4 kids during a winter holiday ,but Ali, Hayah and Abir were not with them- that was in '87. Anyway, it was a shame only QN was missing at Ali and Hayah's weddings- ali even invited Muna at his own wedding, but not the very person who helped to raise him up since he was 2 and a half-