The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 09-07-2004, 10:50 PM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,214
Alia's Children

Good points all and of course you don't wish to see her dead.....god, I hope she doesn't end up like Cristina Onassis! I wish she would come to her senses and spend lots of time in Jordan helping promote the causes dear to her parents. I know I keep saying this--but a book she keeps promising might be nice too. She did not turn out--yet--as I thought she was going to.....but she is young and still can turn her life around to be meaningful and enjoyable. That grim look on her face is so disturbing.......
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 09-08-2004, 02:04 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipi Tombe
maybe the kids left school, went to see daddy and stepmommy at their english country house and then decided that they wanted to go home to jordan to see their friends/relatives-what have you and traveled to jordan on their own to see these folks instead of hanging out at the farm with mom & dad?
Maybe, but whatever the case, I still think that anything under 11/12 is way too young to go off to boarding school, unless there is a darned good reason. That is just my opinion. However, the Brits. built a whole empire on doing just that :( .
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 09-13-2004, 11:06 PM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,214
Shelley, I couldn't agree more.....I can't imagine sending a child off at that age; I stayed in the same city as my family for college for goodness sake! But, yes, the Brits have the art of sending kids to boarding schools down to an art form......and Americans (wealthy ones) do too. My father in law was shipped off to Andover, my mother was shipped off to a girl's school in Duluth, MN so the nuns could train her, Noor went to a few and so did Caroline and John Kennedy......those come to mind first. My ex husband went to boarding school and hated it. He was forever trying to come home and he was in high school. It caused a lack of closeness w/his parents I don't think he and his brother (who also was sent) will ever overcome. Interestingly enough, the youngest was not sent to boarding school and he has a very, very close relationship with his parents, is a trusting, nice person and certainly has much more emotional stability than his brothers. It depends on the person but boarding school is not my first choice--for anyone. I loved coming home at night and seeing my parents--even in high school!
__________________
  #44  
Old 09-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1
Could someone clarify something? Was Queen Alia 3-months pregnant at the time of the helicopter crash that killed her?

Raven
__________________
  #45  
Old 09-14-2004, 01:05 AM
sommone's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Skies
Could someone clarify something? Was Queen Alia 3-months pregnant at the time of the helicopter crash that killed her?

Raven
First time I have heard of this one...
__________________
I'm back!!! Did anyone miss me?
  #46  
Old 10-05-2004, 12:11 AM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,214
Queen Alia pregnant?

I have never heard that....and in letters and calls made shortly before her death she never said anything about it--I would think someone would've said something by now had she mentioned it. But anything is possible....After what happened to QA, I see photos of QN and Rania in helicopters and wonder if they ever think about their safety. But they write and talk about how much "fun" it is to dive in them and ride wildly about......I think it's just irresponsible.
__________________
  #47  
Old 08-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Turkey
Posts: 73
These 2 photos are modified ones from MGA Producation, of course you probably had seen them tons of times. The reason why I posted them is that this is the first time I see Prince Ali and Princess Muna together, I can't recall any photos of them together ever--if there are ones, please point me to them. You also would had discussed Queen Alia's children relationship with Princess Muna but I don't have a clue about it, can someone fill me in? Thanks :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001alimuna.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	183679   Click image for larger version

Name:	001alimuna2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	183680  
__________________
  #48  
Old 08-23-2005, 11:47 AM
suria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lords
These 2 photos are modified ones from MGA Producation, of course you probably had seen them tons of times. The reason why I posted them is that this is the first time I see Prince Ali and Princess Muna together, I can't recall any photos of them together ever--if there are ones, please point me to them. You also would had discussed Queen Alia's children relationship with Princess Muna but I don't have a clue about it, can someone fill me in? Thanks :)

i never heard PA or PH talks about her , but what i think that their relationship with PM is better than QN , as PM attended their weddings but Noor didn't at least to public , PM i think she was far from them as she lived in London and had her own kids , i don't know i like PM more than QN , as i think if she didn't give them anything she didn't take from them either .....

__________________
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
  #49  
Old 08-24-2005, 09:24 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Turkey
Posts: 73
Thank you for the answer. Well, the thing that got me ask this question is that I read several things about the person who raised them after their mom's death. Some said PM, and some QN and Queen Zein was also mentioned, so who did actually took care of them? I saw many pictures of them when they were toddlers with QN but what about after that, the teenage days and so? When they come to Jordan for school, where do they stay? Did they have a residence, not just a place to "crash in"?
I too prefer PM to QN, she is a genuinely dedicated mother but again the reason that got me surprised about this photo is that I thought PM 's children didn't spend time with QA at all, not to mention posing for a picture, but there's a pic from MGA Production where all of PM's kids are there along with QA, so I thought if PM allowed her kids to spend time with their step mother then she must in return took care of PA and PH, even for a short while.
I assume now, or the past years too, PM would run into PA or PH whenever she visits KA as she is so attached to her grandchildren, since everybody is saying that KA and PA are so close and live nearby.
Anyway, whoever raised Ali and Haya did a tremendous job bringing them up as brilliant, charming and sophisticated the way they are.
Picture copyright MGA Production
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Ojg7PSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAVEANVUVFbFxgeHR8BR1JG.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	184561  
__________________
  #50  
Old 08-24-2005, 10:51 AM
suria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lords
Thank you for the answer. Well, the thing that got me ask this question is that I read several things about the person who raised them after their mom's death. Some said PM, and some QN and Queen Zein was also mentioned, so who did actually took care of them? I saw many pictures of them when they were toddlers with QN but what about after that, the teenage days and so? When they come to Jordan for school, where do they stay? Did they have a residence, not just a place to "crash in"?


I too prefer PM to QN, she is a genuinely dedicated mother but again the reason that got me surprised about this photo is that I thought PM 's children didn't spend time with QA at all, not to mention posing for a picture, but there's a pic from MGA Production where all of PM's kids are there along with QA, so I thought if PM allowed her kids to spend time with their step mother then she must in return took care of PA and PH, even for a short while.

I assume now, or the past years too, PM would run into PA or PH whenever she visits KA as she is so attached to her grandchildren, since everybody is saying that KA and PA are so close and live nearby.

Anyway, whoever raised Ali and Haya did a tremendous job bringing them up as brilliant, charming and sophisticated the way they are.


Picture copyright MGA Production

i want to thank u for saying nice things about PA and PH , we don't hear such things too much :)

well , you made very clear explanation , i think in their early years when QN wanted to own KH heart she took care of them to achieve her goal , as she entered KH house as a nanny to the little kids, so we can see many photos for them together as one family , then when she has her own kids everything changed , no more photos , no more one happy family , then maybe Zein had a role , but we don't see any clue to this , then they were sent to interior school, i don't think that they have one home , i think the others situation controls to where they should go , i don't think they had a stable life ,

PM i think she was good woman the picture talk to it self , PA is so close to KA which means that he is close to PM, in his wedding PM was very nice she went to his grand mother house not QN ,

and we shouldn't forget that they have their grand mother and i think she must played a central role , haya always talks about her like a very close relationship,

well, as u said it doesn't matter who raised them , the important thing is to see PA and PH going on in their life despite all the hard situations they faced
__________________
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
  #51  
Old 08-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Turkey
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
i want to thank u for saying nice things about PA and PH , we don't hear such things too much :)
well , you made very clear explanation , i think in their early years when QN wanted to own KH heart she took care of them to achieve her goal , as she entered KH house as a nanny to the little kids, so we can see many photos for them together as one family , then when she has her own kids everything changed , no more photos , no more one happy family , then maybe Zein had a role , but we don't see any clue to this , then they were sent to interior school, i don't think that they have one home , i think the others situation controls to where they should go , i don't think they had a stable life ,
PM i think she was good woman the picture talk to it self , PA is so close to KA which means that he is close to PM, in his wedding PM was very nice she went to his grand mother house not QN ,
and we shouldn't forget that they have their grand mother and i think she must played a central role , haya always talks about her like a very close relationship,
well, as u said it doesn't matter who raised them , the important thing is to see PA and PH going on in their life despite all the hard situations they faced


I read in Arab Times about Noor's nanny role but I didn't know whether to believe the writer or not as he always sound so hostile against Arab Royalty. The site also mentioned Haya's grandmother, there was a picture actually but I couldn't find it now, that was the first time I see Ali and Haya's grandmother.

Am pretty sure their life wasn't stable, now I recall someone said they lived alone in Aqaba or something, years later of course—can't recall correctly.
No need to thank me, I just said what I strongly believe, and just because we don't read such nice here—though I read so many good stuff about them both here too—that doesn't mean they aren't incredible individuals, we can stick to what we believe, beside both Ali and Haya are well rounded persons with high sense of independency, what had been written here about them won't kill them, it would not kill Haya the criticism she got when married to Shk. Moh'd and Ali certainly won't get depressed over the comments about his weight gain or hair loss or even his lips! May God bless their hearts:o .
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did the Queen act appropriately in the days following Diana's death? Duchess Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh 528 09-09-2011 10:49 AM
Children of King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Part 1 syima Current Events Archive 558 02-06-2011 02:52 PM
Inęs de Castro: The Queen Who Was Crowned After Death Elspeth Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles 33 01-15-2010 04:52 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]