The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
I agree Yamamah; today I remember sad pics of her funeral, the hug between King and Alias father.

Yamamah do you know why Queen Zein wasnt present KHussein and QAlias wedding?
Salma, it is my understanding that Queen Zein disapproved very strongly of the wedding and relationship because she felt Hussein should not turn his back on Muna, whom she liked alot and the kids. Don't forget Alia's relationship with Hussein started when he was still married to Muna and she disapproved of the affair.

Perhaps apart from the moral side of things, she thought as king he should show some stability on his family as he had already been divorced once already and also don't forget the big struggles she had to endure with Hussein's father, and like Muna, she had been a dutiful wife through thick and thin so maybe there was empathy, after all Muna had been a model wife and was popular in Jordan.

I think Zein saw Alia as the cause of the marriage breakdown. This is my understanding of things

Old 02-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
Salma, it is my understanding that Queen Zein disapproved very strongly of the wedding and relationship because she felt Hussein should not turn his back on Muna, whom she liked alot and the kids. Don't forget Alia's relationship with Hussein started when he was still married to Muna and she disapproved of the affair.

Perhaps apart from the moral side of things, she thought as king he should show some stability on his family as he had already been divorced once already and also don't forget the big struggles she had to endure with Hussein's father, and like Muna, she had been a dutiful wife through thick and thin so maybe there was empathy, after all Muna had been a model wife and was popular in Jordan.

I think Zein saw Alia as the cause of the marriage breakdown. This is my understanding of things
Thanks Yamamah as always. And now we know that the rumors that King Hussein married with Alia and he was married with Muna are true, they got divorce later.

I thought same you about Queen Zein and Alia. I saw at magazine that only twelve persons were presents at wedding.
I read too Queen Zein didnt like Princess Muna, sure she changed her opinion during years.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thanks Yamamah as always. And now we know that the rumors that King Hussein married with Alia and he was married with Muna are true, they got divorce later.

I thought same you about Queen Zein and Alia. I saw at magazine that only twelve persons were presents at wedding.
I read too Queen Zein didnt like Princess Muna, sure she changed her opinion during years.

I think Queen Zein was annoyed that the marriage with Dina was a disaster because she personally chose Dina for Hussein. Also, Muna was an English girl, a Christian and not a Sharifa. I think she didn't like Muna for those reasons but over the years she got used to the idea. I would not have liked to have Queen Zein as a mother in law. To put it very politely, I think she was a very tough woman. One only has to look at pictures to see the character in the face
Old 02-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Alia
Flickr Photo Download: Queen Alia of Jordan
Old 02-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
One only has to look at pictures to see the character in the face
Yes I think the same. Thanks Yamamah I always like read your posts and thanks for answer me.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan View Post
Glamorous photo Jordan! Especially the 'Jackie O' sunglasses. Fantastic! Those 70's fashions!

Quote:
Yes I think the same. Thanks Yamamah I always like read your posts and thanks for answer me.
Me too Salma, your pictures and articles are a real goldmine and this forum would not be the same without you
Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Jordan, I have to thank you for this marvelous pic of alia, I've never seen it.

http://www.elaph.com/Web/AsdaElaph/2009/2/406783.htm
that's really interesting article, she used to know also the father of P.zein and alia's husbands.

what is impressive this year that many remembered her and wrote about her, here is another article:
علياء ال*سين.. ككل *لم
someone commented that king Hussein said:" she left me 2 treasures ali and Haya "
so sweet[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Hp/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]:)
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 02-11-2009, 02:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
http://www.elaph.com/Web/AsdaElaph/2009/2/406783.htm
that's really interesting article, she used to know also the father of P.zein and alia's husbands.

amazing article, i wish if they publish a full details about her death??

Quote:
what is impressive this year that many remembered her and wrote about her, here is another article:
علياء ال*سين.. ككل *لم
someone commented that king Hussein said:" she left me 2 treasures ali and Haya "
so sweet[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Hp/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]:)
thats true, she was not like anyone, no queen has this effect on her people we still remember her even after 32 years of her death, what can she be to effect on us even that we didn't even saw her on TV, she was really an angel simple and one of her people, Ali and Haya took this from her and this is what makes them special.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Imageshack - 45779086610691568732691
Old 05-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://i39.tinypic.com/143dm34.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/20p9ao6.jpg
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 05-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Nobility

I think Queen Noor is very similar to Alia, that's why king Hussein felt in love so fast. However I think they're different inside.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Lovely picture of Queen Alia. Is that her signature on the picture?
Old 06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes I think ; Alia al Hussein
Old 06-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

She reminds me Empress Farah of Iran in this picture...
Old 07-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mansour Beauty Salon | Facebook

interesting , in the photos there is interviews with hairdresser , the queens like to put their make up alone , princess Saravth was excellent and taught her daughters to put make up .
Old 07-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thank you Xavi I always like this official portrait.
Imageshack - aliaa2
Old 10-17-2009, 04:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks salma, just wonders about hola magazine cares about the JRF since Muna and Alia really interesting
Old 10-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

And too Dina Xavi. Jordan Royal Family is popular in Spain since King Abdullah I.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Alia was such a classic middle-eastern beauty....I just love her features. Thanks for posting the wonderful photos of her!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Al-Rai
i felt sad when I saw the pic , the king received condolences from Alia's father :(