Princess Firyal: News and Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silver charm

Nobility
I always see Princess Fiyral (spelling correction, please) mentioned in New York City society columns. Her name is always in the gossip round up in the beginning of W magazine.

But it never mentions who she is.!.!.! Just that she is a Jordanian Princess. She is probably in her 50's and quite striking.

Who is she?????

she is the former sister in-law of the late king husain and mother of prince ghazi.

That is her. The one all the way to the right. That photo is a little spooky but she is always photographed in the MOST amazing gowns and jewels.

I remember i read an article last summer and it said that she was visiting an island of Brijuni in Croatia with her (husband?),some American businessmen..

hi , p.firyal .. she ext wife for p.mohammed bin talal [ king abdullah 2 uncle ] and she mom for sons ------- p.ghazi and p.talal

Is she royal by birth as well? Even after divorce - and with a new love - she's still HRH Princess Firyal?

Originally posted by QueenB@Jun 27th, 2004 - 3:50 pm
Is she royal by birth as well? Even after divorce - and with a new love - she's still HRH Princess Firyal?
I think she is royal through marriage only. Maybe she's never married Mr. Pincus because she would have to turn in the title if she did.

Not to come across as mean or anything, but it seems like she's really capitalizing socially on that title and has little to no interest in doing any of the royal grunt work. :rolleyes:

She was born a Sharifa and became HRH Princess by marriage. She remains HRH Princess because it is the Jordanian custom that women who become royal by marriage remain royal after divorce and even after remarriage. If she were to remarry she would remain HRH Princess. Though, I highly doubt she would marry a Jewish man as Muslim women are not premitted to marry outside their faith. She has been linked to numerous (wealthy) men.

She is capitalizing on her title, but she is also very involved in charitable activities. So, she is paying the "rent" on her title as I call royal charity work.

Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Jun 27th, 2004 - 5:52 pm
She is capitalizing on her title, but she is also very involved in charitable activities. So, she is paying the "rent" on her title as I call royal charity work.
But it seems only the charities that bring her into contact with other socialites. I suppose I draw the distinction between a socialite's do-gooding and the real heavy lifting of humanitarian work that involves, e.g., traveling to dangerous and less desirable places, longer term commitments to a given cause, much disappointment because the problems are so challenging, etc.

i have always thought it interesting that a descendent of mohamed has been dating a jewish man,perhaps it shows that their is a chance for peace in the middle-east,when you accept people on an individual basis and don't judje people by ethnic/political groups,it's a start anyway.
p.s. also note in the pictures sally and rufus albemarle a.k.a the earl and countess of albemarle,she being an iranian artist and he being a scottish noble-man.
p.p.s. make love not war,it's healthier for everyone concerned.

she was engaged to Niarchos in the early 70s.

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 30: Princess Firyal of Jordan makes an appearance at The Waldorf Astoria for the United Nations Association Global Leadership Awards Dinner. September 30, 2004 in New York City

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 51378439.jpg
    51378439.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 982
  • 51378444.jpg
    51378444.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 782
Jordan's Princess Firyal attends the Third Annual Sesame Workshop Benefit Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street June 1, 2005 in New York City.

Attachments

• 53008758.jpg
    53008758.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 852
Why did Princess Firyal divorce Prince Hassan? Where was she born and who were her parents? Who are her children?

Also, any and all pictures would be greatly appreciated. She is an extremely elegant woman.

I think Princess Firyal was married to Prince Mohamod and not Prince Hassan, sorry cant spell his name:eek:, correct me if im wrong.

Nad25 said:
I think Princess Firyal was married to Prince Mohamod and not Prince Hassan, sorry cant spell his name:eek:, correct me if im wrong.
You are right, Nad25. P. Hassan is married to P. Sarvath (the couple in my avatar), and P. Mohammad was married to P. Firyal.

Thank you for the correction also. Anymore info on her?

michelleq said:
Thank you for the correction also. Anymore info on her?
She is the long-time companion of Lionel Pincus, of investment firm Warburg Pincus fame. I believe they live in NYC. She works with UNESCO and is a socialite. Her children with P. Mohammad are P. Talal and P. Ghazi, both of whom are married with children and living in Jordan.

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]1. The Museum of Modern Art's 36th Annual Party in the Garden honoring Steve Martin. [/font]Princess Firyal of Jordan and Lionel Pincus.
2. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal of Jordan.[/font]
Geneology of Prince Mohamed bin Talal:
2) General H.R.H. Prince Muhammad bin Talal, GCVO (26.3.1984), b. at Al-Qasr al-Sagheer Palace, Amman, 2nd October 1940, educ. Bishop's Sch. and Islamic Coll., Amman, Bryanston Sch., UK, École Beau Soleil, Villars, Switzerland and Iraqi Mil. Acad., Baghdad. Heir Apparent with the title of Crown Prince from 11th August 1952 to 30th January 1962. Colonel Royal Guards 1959, prom. Maj-Gen. 1959, prom. Gen. Jordan Arab Army, Head of the High Cttee. for Tourism, Presdt. Tribal Cncl. 1971-1973, Personal Rep. of King Hussein 1974-1999. Hon. Presdt. Jordanian Chess Fedn. and Jordanian Shooting Fedn. Rcvd: GC of the Orders of Hussein ibn 'Ali with collar, Renaissance special class, Independence, and the Star of Jordan, Queen of Sheba of Ethiopia, National Merit of France, Muhammadiya of Morocco, the Brilliant Star of China (Taiwan), and Merit of the Republic of Italy (26.11.1983), the Order of King Abdulaziz 1st class of Saudi Arabia, etc. m. (first) at Amman, 28th November 1963 (nikah) and 9th January 1964 (zifaf) (div. 1978), H.R.H. Princess Leirjal Firyal (b. 1945), educ. Columbia Univ. (BA 1999), and Kennedy Sch., Harvard Univ., Dir. UN Assoc. (USA), UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador since 1992, Presdt. Intl. Hope Foundn. 1994, Hon. Presdt. Institute of Opera & Poetry (Verona) 1999, Mbr. of the Brd. Musée Des Arts Decoratifs (Paris), New York Public Library, and Intl. Refugee Rescue Cttee., daughter of H.E. Sayyid Farid al-Irsheid, sometime Senator and former Cabinet Minister. m. (second) 22nd April 1981, H.R.H. Princess Taghrid Muhammad (b. 1950), daughter of H.E. Sayyid Hazza' al-Majali, sometime Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs. He has issue, two sons by his first wife:
  • a) H.R.H. Prince Talal bin Muhammad. b. 26th July 1965, educ. Harrow Ssch., Mdsx., RMA Sandhurst, and Georgetown Univ., Washinton DC, USA. Cmsnd. 2nd Lieut. Jordan Arab Army, joined Jordanian Foreign Service, Military Sec. to King Hussein 1991-1994, Minister Jordanian Embassy Washington DC 1994-1996, Dir. National Security Cncl. 1996-2001, Special Adviser to King 'Abdu'llah 2001. Presdt. National Demining and Rehabilitation Committee (NDRC) since 2001. Author: 'The Sacred Origin and Nature of Sports and Culture' (1998). Rcvd: GC of the Norwegian Order of Merit (4.4.2000), etc. m. at Amman, July 1991, H.R.H. Princess Ghida Talal (b. at Beirut, the Lebanon, 11th July 1963), née Salaam, educ. Georgetown Univ., Washington DC, USA (M.Econ.), researcher for ABC News in London, Argentine Correspondent for the Sunday Times, Lebanon Correspondent for Reuters News Agency, and journalist on the Financial Times, Counsellor Jordanian Embassy Washington DC 1994-1996, International Press Sec. Royal Jordanian Court 1996-1999, Chair. King Hussein Cancer Center (KHCC) 2001, and Al-Amal Foundation, Mbr. Brd. of Regents Georgetown Univ., Brd. of Trustees National Gallery of Fine Arts, etc. rcvd: GC of the Norwegian Order of Merit (4.4.2000). He has issue, two sons and one daughter: Copyright©Christopher Buyers
    • i) H.H. Prince Hussein bin Talal. b. 15th October 1999.
    • ii) H.H. Prince Muhammad bin Talal. b. 2001 (twin with his sister Rajaa).
    • iii) H.H. Princess Rajaa bint Talal. b. 2001 (twin with her brother Muhammad).
  • b) H.R.H. Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad. b. 15th October 1966, educ.Harrow Sch., Mdsx., Princeton Univ., New Jersey, USA (BA), and Trinity Coll., Cambridge (Ph.D. Lit. 1992). Chair. Royal Cmsn. and Brd. of Trustees of Al-Balqa Applied Univ. since 1996, Cultural Sec. to the King and Advisor for Tribal Affairs since 1998. Author of "The Sacred Origin and Nature of Sports and Culture" (1998). m. H.R.H. Princess Areej Ghazi, née Zawawi, Chair. Al Amal Centre. He has issue, one son and two daughters:
    • i) H.H. Prince 'Abdu'llah bin Ghazi. b. November 2001.
    • i) H.H. Princess Tasneem bint Ghazi. b. 27th August 1999.
    • ii) H.H. Princess Jannah bint Ghazi. b. 20th September 2003.

Attachments

• PFiryalJordanLPincus_060704.jpg
    PFiryalJordanLPincus_060704.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 9,678
  • DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 3,214
Last edited:
1. Prince Talal bin Mohamed and Princess Ghida Talal.
2. Prince Ghazi bin Mohamed.
3. Queen Noor carries Prince Hussein, eldest child of Prince Talal and Princess Ghida

Attachments

• bio_talal.jpg
    bio_talal.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 5,372
  • bio_ghazi.jpg
    bio_ghazi.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 3,441
  • HMQN_and_Talal.jpg
    HMQN_and_Talal.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 4,792
1. Renee Fleming (L) and Princess Firyal of Jordan attend Fleming's private Asprey dinner party at Asprey's flagship store in Bond Street July 12, 2005 in London, England. (Photo by Dave Benett/Getty Images)

2. Nicky Haslam, Princess Firyal of Jordan and Renee Fleming attend Fleming's private Asprey dinner party at Asprey's flagship store in Bond Street July 12, 2005 in London, England. (Photo by Dave Benett/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2,434
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,173
UNESCO Goodwill ambassadors Princess Firyal of Jordania (front) poses with superstar of electro-acoustic music, Jean-Michel Jarre (at her right), Argentinean singer and actress, Susana Rinaldi (L behind) and Israeli violonist, Ivry Gitlis (background R), 15 March 2006, in Paris at the UNESCO headquarters. UNESCO General Director, Koïchiro Matsuura, met today with UNESCO Goodwill ambassadors.
ANP (AFP PHOTO THOMAS COEX)

Attachments

• 2501564.jpg
    2501564.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,701
Back
Top Bottom