The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Hassan & Princess Sarvath Current Events 2: September 2005-

Welcome to the second current events thread for Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath.

Their first thread can be found here:

Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath Current Events 1: July 2004-September 2005

Old 09-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_...StoryId=105900

Prince Hassan to attend Helsinki conference

Old 09-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Nobility

Prince Hassan also is one of the people who has played a hands on role in development (the economic development of modern Jordan) in peace-making.( the Jordanian/Israeli peace accord) in youth affairs ( the El hassan Award, the Sabila project etc which have been taken up throughout the Middle East) the enviroment ( the Badia Project. ) There are also his organistaions like the Club of Rome, Partners in Humanity, Search for Common Ground etc. all of which deal in the exact same issues that were being discussed.I just think in terms of sheer substance and experience he would have been a natch , and could have bought a lot to a meeting like the one that Clinton hosted. I also think so many people, including Clinton himself, now sound in their speeches as if they are reading off the same page as P. Hassan, but if you go back in time, he is consistant, they have jumped on certain band wagons relatively recently. I suppose, however, if one goes down another path, there are those who wonder about Clinton's involvement in the succession changes. Read David Wurmser, and also Dennis Ross' new book.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
I just think in terms of sheer substance and experience he would have been a natch , and could have bought a lot to a meeting like the one that Clinton hosted.
Me, too.

Quote:
I also think so many people, including Clinton himself, now sound in their speeches as if they are reading off the same page as P. Hassan, but if you go back in time, he is consistant, they have jumped on certain band wagons relatively recently.
In a post 9/11 world, interfaith dialogue has become huge, but P. Hassan has been involved with it, advocating it for decades. He was far ahead of his time.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

"I also think so many people, including Clinton himself, now sound in their speeches as if they are reading off the same page as P. Hassan, but if you go back in time, he is consistant, they have jumped on certain band wagons relatively recently."

Times are constantly changing, the need for such dialogue and understanding is now incredibly important, so of course world leaders are going to be discussing the issue. Moreover Prince Hassan was Crown Prince for well over 20 years, so you cannot really compare him to others.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
I suppose, however, if one goes down another path, there are those who wonder about Clinton's involvement in the succession changes. Read David Wurmser, and also Dennis Ross' new book.
Is the book entitled The Missing Peace: The Inside Story of the Fight for Middle East Peace? It's been released for over a year in my country. In fact, it's already out in paperback.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=Little_star
Times are constantly changing, the need for such dialogue and understanding is now incredibly important, so of course world leaders are going to be discussing the issue. Moreover Prince Hassan was Crown Prince for well over 20 years, so you cannot really compare him to others.[/QUOTE]

Thirty five years actually. Which is which you certainly cannot compare him to others. He is by and large far more experienced and savvy than most of today's movers and shakers, and as he is not in his dotage, it is shame not to use him more fully to the benefit of the causes that he certainly, and so many others, profess to champion. He actually has a proven tracken record of success in getting things done.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Nobility

The case could be made that, if more leaders had joined P. Hassan back when he first began advocating interfaith dialogue, 9/11 and many of the other distressing events of these times might've been prevented. It is almost always easier and more effective to prevent disaster than to try to remedy it on the back end.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Hassan is such a learned man with a great deal of experience and considerable insights. I would like to see him take more of a leadership role to help educate other world leaders about what he has learned and endured in his 35 plus years as a leader in the JRF.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

"The case could be made that, if more leaders had joined P. Hassan back when he first began advocating interfaith dialogue, 9/11 and many of the other distressing events of these times might've been prevented."

Prince Hassan is hardly a miracle worker, September 11th would have happened regardless of inter-faith dialogue. Extremism has been building for decades.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

yeah I doubt bin Laden is the type of person I'd want to have interfaith dialogue with.
Besides, that doesnt explain why the soviets invaded afghanistan, why the americans subsequently aided the mujahideen and bin Laden so they could fight and defeat the soviets and once that was done, let the taliban run free. Sept 11 didnt just happen out of the blue.
To imply that interfaith dialogue alone could prevent such events is to ignore all the complex social and political factors that led to them in the first place. Its too simplistic.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Courtier

Prince Al Hassan Underscores Importance of Human Dimension in Conflicts</FONT></STRONG>

Pet0587 4 0280 Prince Al Hassan Underscores Importance of Human Dimension in Conflicts amman/Oct.10(Petra)-- HRH Prince Al Hassan Ben Talal underlined, during a visit to the US the importance of taking into consideration the human dimension in conflicts, which is deemed to be on basic factors to end the existing violence in the world. Prince Al Hassan stressed, during a visit to Eisenhower in Washington and Woodrow Wilson Center for Academic in fellows the importance of unifying efforts to restore stability and peace for Iraq. During a meting with a workers in Corporation of Culture and the American enterprise, HRH Prince Al Hassan said a dialogue is much needed now more than any time past. He also talked to a great number of academicians and students in George Washington University and William and Marry College indicating to the importance of providing youth with a better life, saying we need for example to create 35 million job opportunities in West Asia for the coming ten years. Old Dominion university granted Prince Al Hassan an honorary PhD degree in recognition of his contribution in human fields. Wardat/Petra 102230 Local OCT 2005 

www.petra.gov.jo
Old 10-16-2005, 06:52 AM
Heir Apparent

"I agree, but I also think many who follow royals aren't accustomed to seeing pictures of women who don't use Botox to render their faces almost expressionless. "

Sarvath looks as though she's had some work done to her face, particularly in that second photograph.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Sarvath looks as though she's had some work done to her face, particularly in that second photograph.
She isn't Botoxed.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Courtier

but it could just be she is ageing well...:)
Old 10-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
but it could just be she is ageing well...:)
She has certainly aged gracefully. Her features haven't changed that much over the years. But I have seen a few close-up pictures of her, like the one from her recent visit to Sweden, where you could see that she has a fair amount of wrinkles but in the pictures from Petra her skin always looks very tight and fresh. I'm not sure what to make out of this.

Anyway, if she has had work done, which I don't think she has, I wouldn't say it makes her a 'bad person' or less likeable to me.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by La la
She has certainly aged gracefully. Her features haven't changed that much over the years. But I have seen a few close-up pictures of her, like the one from her recent visit to Sweden, where you could see that she has a fair amount of wrinkles but in the pictures from Petra her skin always looks very tight and fresh. I'm not sure what to make out of this.

Anyway, if she has had work done, which I don't think she has, I wouldn't say it makes her a 'bad person' or less likeable to me.
I've noticed that petra pix tend to be a little airbrushed..

-Eliza
Old 10-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Courtier

yeah, i've noticed that too. i've seen a lot of pictures on petra where, if you look again, at second glance you can see there has been some heavy airbrushing...so that's a very likely possibility as well.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Let's move on from this topic of Princess Sarvath and botox. We are just running around in circles with this topic. I think there are much more interesting things we can discuss in relation to Princess Sarvath.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator
Old 10-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Serene Highness

I hope none of Princess Sarvath's family or friends were hurt in the earthquake. Given her ties, she has to be doing a lot behind the scenes as well as publicly to help. Has she made any official statement or given interviews about this disaster? Perhaps she will be visiting soon to lend support to relief efforts--particularly as Jordan's KA came out so quickly with statements of condolence and aid. Did she visit Pakistan often before the earthquake?