Prince Hassan & Princess Sarvath Current Events 2: September 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Hassan also is one of the people who has played a hands on role in development (the economic development of modern Jordan) in peace-making.( the Jordanian/Israeli peace accord) in youth affairs ( the El hassan Award, the Sabila project etc which have been taken up throughout the Middle East) the enviroment ( the Badia Project. ) There are also his organistaions like the Club of Rome, Partners in Humanity, Search for Common Ground etc. all of which deal in the exact same issues that were being discussed.I just think in terms of sheer substance and experience he would have been a natch , and could have bought a lot to a meeting like the one that Clinton hosted. I also think so many people, including Clinton himself, now sound in their speeches as if they are reading off the same page as P. Hassan, but if you go back in time, he is consistant, they have jumped on certain band wagons relatively recently. I suppose, however, if one goes down another path, there are those who wonder about Clinton's involvement in the succession changes. Read David Wurmser, and also Dennis Ross' new book.

Last edited by a moderator:
shelley said:
I just think in terms of sheer substance and experience he would have been a natch , and could have bought a lot to a meeting like the one that Clinton hosted.
Me, too.

I also think so many people, including Clinton himself, now sound in their speeches as if they are reading off the same page as P. Hassan, but if you go back in time, he is consistant, they have jumped on certain band wagons relatively recently.
In a post 9/11 world, interfaith dialogue has become huge, but P. Hassan has been involved with it, advocating it for decades. He was far ahead of his time.

"I also think so many people, including Clinton himself, now sound in their speeches as if they are reading off the same page as P. Hassan, but if you go back in time, he is consistant, they have jumped on certain band wagons relatively recently."

Times are constantly changing, the need for such dialogue and understanding is now incredibly important, so of course world leaders are going to be discussing the issue. Moreover Prince Hassan was Crown Prince for well over 20 years, so you cannot really compare him to others.

shelley said:
I suppose, however, if one goes down another path, there are those who wonder about Clinton's involvement in the succession changes. Read David Wurmser, and also Dennis Ross' new book.
Is the book entitled The Missing Peace: The Inside Story of the Fight for Middle East Peace? :confused: It's been released for over a year in my country. In fact, it's already out in paperback.

Little_star Times are constantly changing said:
Thirty five years actually. Which is which you certainly cannot compare him to others. He is by and large far more experienced and savvy than most of today's movers and shakers, and as he is not in his dotage, it is shame not to use him more fully to the benefit of the causes that he certainly, and so many others, profess to champion. He actually has a proven tracken record of success in getting things done.

Last edited:
The case could be made that, if more leaders had joined P. Hassan back when he first began advocating interfaith dialogue, 9/11 and many of the other distressing events of these times might've been prevented. It is almost always easier and more effective to prevent disaster than to try to remedy it on the back end.

Prince Hassan is such a learned man with a great deal of experience and considerable insights. I would like to see him take more of a leadership role to help educate other world leaders about what he has learned and endured in his 35 plus years as a leader in the JRF.

"The case could be made that, if more leaders had joined P. Hassan back when he first began advocating interfaith dialogue, 9/11 and many of the other distressing events of these times might've been prevented."

Prince Hassan is hardly a miracle worker, September 11th would have happened regardless of inter-faith dialogue. Extremism has been building for decades.

yeah I doubt bin Laden is the type of person I'd want to have interfaith dialogue with.
Besides, that doesnt explain why the soviets invaded afghanistan, why the americans subsequently aided the mujahideen and bin Laden so they could fight and defeat the soviets and once that was done, let the taliban run free. Sept 11 didnt just happen out of the blue.
To imply that interfaith dialogue alone could prevent such events is to ignore all the complex social and political factors that led to them in the first place. Its too simplistic.

Prince Al Hassan Underscores Importance of Human Dimension in Conflicts</FONT></STRONG>

Pet0587 4 0280 Prince Al Hassan Underscores Importance of Human Dimension in Conflicts amman/Oct.10(Petra)-- HRH Prince Al Hassan Ben Talal underlined, during a visit to the US the importance of taking into consideration the human dimension in conflicts, which is deemed to be on basic factors to end the existing violence in the world. Prince Al Hassan stressed, during a visit to Eisenhower in Washington and Woodrow Wilson Center for Academic in fellows the importance of unifying efforts to restore stability and peace for Iraq. During a meting with a workers in Corporation of Culture and the American enterprise, HRH Prince Al Hassan said a dialogue is much needed now more than any time past. He also talked to a great number of academicians and students in George Washington University and William and Marry College indicating to the importance of providing youth with a better life, saying we need for example to create 35 million job opportunities in West Asia for the coming ten years. Old Dominion university granted Prince Al Hassan an honorary PhD degree in recognition of his contribution in human fields. Wardat/Petra 102230 Local OCT 2005 

www.petra.gov.jo

"I agree, but I also think many who follow royals aren't accustomed to seeing pictures of women who don't use Botox to render their faces almost expressionless. :rolleyes:"

Sarvath looks as though she's had some work done to her face, particularly in that second photograph.

madonna23 said:
but it could just be she is ageing well...:)
She has certainly aged gracefully. Her features haven't changed that much over the years. But I have seen a few close-up pictures of her, like the one from her recent visit to Sweden, where you could see that she has a fair amount of wrinkles but in the pictures from Petra her skin always looks very tight and fresh. I'm not sure what to make out of this. :confused:

Anyway, if she has had work done, which I don't think she has, I wouldn't say it makes her a 'bad person' or less likeable to me.

La la said:
She has certainly aged gracefully. Her features haven't changed that much over the years. But I have seen a few close-up pictures of her, like the one from her recent visit to Sweden, where you could see that she has a fair amount of wrinkles but in the pictures from Petra her skin always looks very tight and fresh. I'm not sure what to make out of this. :confused:

Anyway, if she has had work done, which I don't think she has, I wouldn't say it makes her a 'bad person' or less likeable to me.

I've noticed that petra pix tend to be a little airbrushed..

-Eliza

yeah, i've noticed that too. i've seen a lot of pictures on petra where, if you look again, at second glance you can see there has been some heavy airbrushing...so that's a very likely possibility as well.

Let's move on from this topic of Princess Sarvath and botox. We are just running around in circles with this topic. I think there are much more interesting things we can discuss in relation to Princess Sarvath.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

I hope none of Princess Sarvath's family or friends were hurt in the earthquake. Given her ties, she has to be doing a lot behind the scenes as well as publicly to help. Has she made any official statement or given interviews about this disaster? Perhaps she will be visiting soon to lend support to relief efforts--particularly as Jordan's KA came out so quickly with statements of condolence and aid. Did she visit Pakistan often before the earthquake?

maryshawn said:
I hope none of Princess Sarvath's family or friends were hurt in the earthquake. Given her ties, she has to be doing a lot behind the scenes as well as publicly to help. Has she made any official statement or given interviews about this disaster? Perhaps she will be visiting soon to lend support to relief efforts--particularly as Jordan's KA came out so quickly with statements of condolence and aid. Did she visit Pakistan often before the earthquake?

I hope none of her family were involved. I think they mainly live in Karachi, although she must know people who live in the affected region. Prince Rashid, Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath's son, led a relief mission to Pakistan. I saw him interviewed on CNNi. I have heard from my Jordanian contacts that there has been an appeal for financial help that has been running for a few days in the newspapers, that has been organised by one of Princess Sarvath's organisations, the Young Muslim Women's Association.

Last edited:
That's great. I hope the appeal for help which is being organized by the Young Muslim Women's Association is successful in its efforts. I wasn't sure where the majority of Princess Sarvath's family lived or if any were based in the affected region. I missed the interview on CNNi. What was his general message? I think very highly of P Rashid and the fact he is leading a mission to Pakistan only increases my admiration. Thank you for the information!

Your points about aging are also excellent. As someone who slothered on the baby oil and burnt myself regularly each summer, I can vouch for the fact that abuse of the skin will come back to haunt you! My Irish grandmother avoided the sun like the plague, never smoked nor drank and she had flawless skin well into her 80s. I wish I'd listened to her.....:)

shelley said:
I hope none of her family were involved. I think they mainly live in Karachi, although she must know people who live in the affected region. Prince Rashid, Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath's son, led a relief mission to Pakistan. I saw him interviewed on CNNi. I have heard from my Jordanian contacts that there has been an appeal for financial help that has been running for a few days in the newspapers, that has been organised by one of Princess Sarvath's organisations, the Young Muslim Women's Association.

"I think they mainly live in Karachi,"

Even in Karachi people have felt afteshocks, something that is incredibly frightening considering its distance from the epicentre.

That is very scary! When I read stories and see photos of all that has happened in Pakistan, it is truly heart-breaking. The only good thing to come out of it is how the world, including Jordan, has responded to help the survivors. But I had no idea the aftershocks were felt in Karachi, too!
Little_star said:
"I think they mainly live in Karachi,"

Even in Karachi people have felt afteshocks, something that is incredibly frightening considering its distance from the epicentre.

Sarvath's sari is gorgeous, it looks like it's bernarsi and georgette in some of the pictures.

From the JT

Princess Sarvath's Appeal for Quake Victims Brings in Help

AMMAN (JT) — HRH Princess Sarvath's personal appeal launched two weeks ago for supplies and cash to aid victims of last month's earthquake in Pakistan has so far brought in tonnes of material assistance, and continuing monetary contributions.

“In less than two weeks we have managed to collect 30 tonnes of clothes, bedding and foodstuffs and around $41,000 in cash,” the Princess, a native of Pakistan, said.

Tuesday, November 8, 2005

But why have the JT spelt Prince Rashid's name incorrectly ? Sloppy !

Last edited by a moderator:
I've moved any relevant posts regarding the Jordanian Royal Family's responses and actions to the 9/11 attacks to this thread.

Please continue to post there any articles or images related to the Jordanian terrorist attack.

New Delhi, INDIA: Prince of Jordan, E. L. Hassan bin-Talal speaks at the Observer Research Foundation (ORF) during an interaction with scholars and intellectuals in New Delhi, 03 February 2006. The Observer Research Foundation was established as a non-profit, public policy think-tank, with the objective of helping to develop a consensus in favour of Economic Reforms.

from getty :

It's good to see Prince Hassan,it's been a while,he looks so tired though :(
I hope he's ok.

Back
Top Bottom