Prince Ghazi, Princess Areej (ex-wife), Princess Mariam (2nd wife) & Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papillon

Nobility
Does anyone know much about Prince Ghazi (for example, how he is related to KA, what he does in Jordan, whether he is married and has any children, etc.)?

P. Ghazi is the younger son of P. Mohammed and P. Firyal. He was educated at Harrow School and Princeton and Cambridge Universities. He is married to P. Areej who is the daughter of the Omani Minister Omar Zawawi. They have three children. P. Ghazi is the advisor for educational and beduin affairs of the King.

Originally posted by shelley@Jun 17th, 2004 - 3:20 pm
P. Ghazi is the younger son of P. Mohammed and P. Firyal. He was educated at Harrow School and Princeton and Cambridge Universities. He is married to P. Areej who is the daughter of the Omani Minister Omar Zawawi. They have three children. P. Ghazi is the advisor for educational and beduin affairs of the King.
Thanks, Shelley. Does anyone know how he is regarded in Jordan?

He has become very religious and traditional in his way of life. He and his wife do not mix very much socially and so they are not well known. P. Areej does not play any sort of public role, despite having being educated in the US.

I've always thought that P Ghazi was younger than he actually is. I've seen a few pictures of him with King Abullah and CP Hamzah.

Originally posted by Banadoora@Jun 19th, 2004 - 12:41 pm
I've always thought that P Ghazi was younger than he actually is. I've seen a few pictures of him with King Abullah and CP Hamzah.
So how old is he? Does anyone know? Does anyone have pictures? Thanks.

hi freinds , p.ghazi born in 15 - october -1966 .. he second son to p.mohammed bin talal [ king late al-hussein brother ] his mom p.feiryal airshid [ div ] she live now in usa , :wacko: p.ghazi marry from ms areej isam al-zawawi [ from oman ] then became princess after that , :rolleyes: they,ve 3 children p.abdullah .. p.tassnim [ girl ] then last p.janna [ girl ] i,ll get another informations soon :woot: :blink: :(

Originally posted by shelley@Jun 18th, 2004 - 3:44 am
He has become very religious and traditional in his way of life. He and his wife do not mix very much socially and so they are not well known. P. Areej does not play any sort of public role, despite having being educated in the US.
QN mentions him in her book, he suffered from cancer and QN said she was very close to him and his wife

Originally posted by cut1me@Jun 26th, 2004 - 10:56 am
QN mentions him in her book, he suffered from cancer and QN said she was very close to him and his wife
I think it was P. Ghazi's brother Talal who had cancer.

I think it was P. Ghazi's brother Talal who had cancer.
Yes. Talal was sick. Queen Noor mentions him and his wife Ghida in her book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Ghazi opens Arabian Horses Championship

Prince Ghazi opens Arabian Horses Championship

Attachments

• 2180I.jpg
    2180I.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 5,120
  • 2181I.jpg
    2181I.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 5,756
  • 2179I.jpg
    2179I.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 2,734
  • 2178I.jpg
    2178I.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 6,859
Princess graduates from University of Arkansas

Sunday, May 14, 2006 3:48 PM CDT
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - A princess was among the 2,400-plus students to graduate this weekend from the University of Arkansas.
Princess Areej Ghazi of Jordan received her doctorate in curriculum and instruction Saturday in the graduation ceremony at Bud Walton Arena. University officials believe she is the first princess to earn a degree from the school.

Ghazi received undergraduate and master's degrees from Georgetown, then wanted to see another part of the country. She chose the University of Arkansas for its locale and its strong program in the College of Education.

"I fell in love with the area. It's absolutely gorgeous," she said.

While in Arkansas, she spoke at high schools and universities across the state about Middle Eastern culture. She attended Razorback football games, and she met the founding families of Tyson Foods and Wal-Mart Stores.
"One of the reasons I really enjoyed being here was because of the people I met," she said. "People treated me with a tremendous amount of hospitality, affection and love."

Ghazi was born in Oman and now makes her home in Jordan. Her husband, Prince Ghazi Bin Mohammed, is the personal envoy and special adviser to his first cousin King Abdullah II bin Al Hussein. Abdullah II is said to be a direct descendant of the Prophet Muhammad.

http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles/2006/05/14/ap-state-ar/d8hjp7e80.txt

b) H.R.H. Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad. b. 15th October 1966, educ.Harrow Sch., Mdsx., Princeton Univ., New Jersey, USA (BA), and Trinity Coll., Cambridge (Ph.D. Lit. 1992). Chair. Royal Cmsn. and Brd. of Trustees of Al-Balqa Applied Univ. since 1996, Cultural Sec. to the King and Advisor for Tribal Affairs since 1998. Author of "The Sacred Origin and Nature of Sports and Culture" (1998). m. H.R.H. Princess Areej Ghazi, née Zawawi, Chair. Al Amal Centre. He has issue, one son and two daughters:
  • i) H.H. Prince 'Abdu'llah bin Ghazi. b. November 2001.
  • i) H.H. Princess Tasneem bint Ghazi. b. 27th August 1999.
  • ii) H.H. Princess Jannah bint Ghazi. b. 20th September 2003
Princess Areej— now Dr. — Areej Omar Zawawi walked in the all-University commencement that day, picking up an advanced degree from the College of Education and Health Professions. Zawawi started a school in her home country of Jordan one year ago.

College of Education and Health Professions
from Petra
ÇáÇÎÈÇÑ

Muslims of Europe Conference

Muslims of Europe Conference - Wij Blijven Hier!

Prince Ghazi patronizes graduation ceremony of winners in Qura'an memorization competition (with Princess Areej and their daughter Princess Jennah )
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/63/news94482.jpg

Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad of Jordan, on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Friends with Mr. Blair on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Princess Areej Ghazi Patronize Workshop on stories and drawings for children
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9365/news97538.jpg

Jordan's Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad bin Talal attends a baptism ceremony in the Jordan River March 20, 2009. Thousands of people from the Baptist World Alliance on Friday gathered on the Jordanian side of the Jordan River during a ceremony to mark the opening and dedication of the Baptism Center.
Photo from Reuters Pictures - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Photo from Reuters Pictures - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Nobel contenders await peace prize decisionStory Highlights

Sen. Piedad Cordoba is the most likely recipient among three leading contenders, said the Oslo-based International Peace Research Institute. The others the institute named are Jordanian Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad, a philosophy professor in Islamic faith at Jordan University, and Afghan physician and human rights activist Sima Samar.
A member of the Jordanian royal family and educated at Princeton and Cambridge universities, where he received a doctorate, Muhammad, 42, "is playing an increasingly central role as an advocate of interfaith dialogue," PRIO said.....

Nobel contenders await peace prize decision - CNN.com

Back
Top Bottom