Pope Francis visits Jordan: May 24, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pope Francis (3rd from R), King Abdullah II of Jordan (C-L), Queen Rania (Top-C), Jordan's Crown Prince Hussein (Top-L) and King Abdullah II's religious affairs adviser (Top-R) take part in a visit of Bethany, a site on the eastern bank of the River Jordan where some Christians believe Jesus was baptised, on May 24, 2014

http://www.imagebam.com/image/58a20c328527179

Last edited:
Queen Rania with her four children
ImageBam

King, Queen and Pope Francis
ImageBam

Queen and children received from the Pope a gifts.
I would like know what are they talking. Iman looks so happy.
ImageBam

Thanks, Salma. I see that one picture where they are all sitting listening to the speeches. Can anyone point out Princess Iman bint Al Hussein? I don't know how she is identifiable in this picture.

In that picture for the family at speech you cant see princess Iman but she is sitting behind prince Hashem bin Abdullah and you see her husband right behind her niece princess Iman abdullah. maby someone can post better pics.

Last edited:
She was sitting in the 2nd row I saw her on TV and pics.

Jordan's Queen Rania (from back, 2nd from right) and children look at King Abdullah II receiving Pope Francis at the Husseinieh Royal Palace, in Amman, Jordan, on May 24, 2014. Pope Francis is on a 3-day-'pilgrimage visit' to the Holy Land, including Jordan, Palestinian territories and Israel. Photo by Royal Court

ImageBam

First, why is Rania wearing white? Does the protocol not apply to non-Christian women? Second, who's this woman in pink here Daily News ??

That protocol applies to Catholic Queens when they're visiting the Vatican. On official visits to the Vatican, the protocol for every other woman is to wear black. Rania has been photographed wearing grey in the past when visiting the Pope. Rania was in Jordan when the photo was taken. The lady in pink is Princess Muna, the second wife of the late King Hussein and mother of King Abdullah.

That protocol applies to Catholic Queens when they're visiting the Vatican. On official visits to the Vatican, the protocol for every other woman is to wear black. Rania has been photographed wearing grey in the past when visiting the Pope. Rania was in Jordan when the photo was taken
So, that protocol which dictates women to wear black in the presence of Pope (except the Catholic queens) applies only at the Vatican and not abroad?
Did Rania had audience with the pope at the Vatican previously? Did she wear black then?

So, that protocol which dictates women to wear black in the presence of Pope (except the Catholic queens) applies only at the Vatican and not abroad?
Did Rania had audience with the pope at the Vatican previously? Did she wear black then?

The protocol sayd that only Catholic Queen can wear white in the presence of Pope when they are in the Vatican. But in this visit Queen Rania was in Jordan.
Queen Rania has had four audiences with Pope in the Vatican. She has worn black except in 1999.

That Catholic Queens, Princesses and Duchesses can wear white in the presence of the Pope is called the "Privilege du Blanc". See Privilège du blanc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These women have it:
Queen Sofia of Spain
Queen Mathilde of Belgium
Queen Paola of Belgium
Queen Fabiola of Belgium
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg
Princess Marina of Naples, Head of the House of Savoy

It is said it's been granted to Princess Charlene of Monaco, but the jury is still out on it.

I love the photos of His Holiness visiting Jordan.

That Catholic Queens, Princesses and Duchesses can wear white in the presence of the Pope is called the "Privilege du Blanc". See Privilège du blanc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These women have it:
Queen Sofia of Spain
Queen Mathilde of Belgium
Queen Paola of Belgium
Queen Fabiola of Belgium
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg
Princess Marina of Naples, Head of the House of Savoy

It is said it's been granted to Princess Charlene of Monaco, but the jury is still out on it.

I love the photos of His Holiness visiting Jordan.

Strange protocol. What is the meaning of it?

Strange protocol. What is the meaning of it?
The privilège du blanc is given to a Most Catholic Monarch or their spouse. The title was given out by the different popes to honour those monarchs who embodied Catholic principles in their private lives and state policies. All other women are traditionally asked to wear black when meeting the Pope at the Vatican, however, no one will throw you out if you don't.

Back
Top Bottom